VI

Learning To Dance

Whoever said morning afters were meant to be filled with euphoria and love, never woke up to someone biting their collarbone repeatedly. Momentarily forgetting his situation, Kyuhyun shrieked and lashed out, sending Sungmin crashing to the bedroom floor in surprise.

It took a moment, but once Kyuhyun was fully awake, he withered pathetically under Sungmin's glowering green eyes. "Well," the blonde huffed, "That was one hell of a good morning. What crawled up your ?" It was too good of an opportunity to miss. "Your ." Kyuhyun threw out, burying himself under the blanket to hide his childish grin.

Kyuhyun yelped as Sungmin leaped onto him, beating him somewhat gently through the blanket. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry!" Kyuhyun cried, pulling himself out from under the blanket and holding his hands up in surrender. "It'd be more offensive, if it wasn't true." Sungmin conceded, making himself comfortable against Kyuhyun's bare chest. 

Kyuhyun smirked and wrapped his arms around Sungmin's body. "Hey Min, are we together now, or what?" The room was suddenly dead quiet and Kyuhyun might've thought Sungmin had stopped breathing, except for the fact that he let out a huge gush of air. The blonde untangled himself from Kyuhyun and the sheets, before bolting into the bathroom, locking the door behind him.

Kyuhyun had never faced a rejection outright, but he guessed the confused and hollow feeling left behind by Sungmin was what it felt like. He wasn't hurt as such, but the fact that Sungmin didn't want to face that they weren't just best friends anymore, stung worse than the blonde's bites. Grabbing a towel and some fresh clothes, he waited for the bathroom door to open.

When Sungmin appeared in yesterday's sweatpants, Kyuhyun stood up.

"K-Kyu... I-"

Kyuhyun held up a hand to stop Sungmin's stuttering, "It's okay," he said, "Just forget I asked." Pushing past the blonde, Kyuhyun locked himself in the bathroom, with Sungmin staring at the white door sadly.

"I'm sorry, Kyu."
 



Sungmin hadn't moved from his bed in three days.

He felt awful, going to town with Kyuhyun and then leaving him in the lurch with absolutely no explanation. It hurt, but he honestly didn't know how to respond to that sudden question. He had made Kyuhyun his by taking him, something he was seriously regretting, because now that he had had his Revelation, Kyuhyun would have to stay with him - for life. What Jongwoon had said about fae mating for life hadn't been wrong and now Kyuhyun would pay for Sungmin's carelessness.

He had stopped sleeping with Kyuhyun for the time being and it seemed that the brunet was content in leaving him alone to sort out his thoughts, meaning that while Sungmin moped around in the dorm room, Kyuhyun went out and actually went to his classes. Sungmin would have been worried about missing classes, had Kyuhyun not left his own study books and a pile of work for Sungmin outside his bedroom door. Although Kyuhyun didn't know why Sungmin was adamant on avoiding him, he decided it was probably best to just leave him alone and wait for the blonde to make the first move.

Of course, their friends had noticed the drastic changes in the pair's attitude and even Donghae dropped his erted jokes in favour of worry. Sometimes, Kyuhyun couldn't help but envy Donghae's relationship with Hyukjae. Sure, Donghae was a erted and was on pretty much every team in the college, but Hyukjae was his source of relief (even though the scrawny man had a awful temper and serious panic attacks sometimes. He tried to hide it, but they still showed), someone that Donghae could drop the cool, grade king act in front of and not be judged for being himself.

The longer Sungmin spent locked away in his room, the more Kyuhyun quieted, fewer snarky comments were made and Kyuhyun in general, looked like he hadn't slept properly in months. There was an awkward air in the dorm whenever Donghae or Hyukjae (sometimes both) dropped by to check up on the two, tangible by even the oblivious fish. It was cautiously guarded, awkward and confused, especially when they'd notice Kyuhyun's back stiffen as he passed Sungmin's room. And on the rare occasion Sungmin did make an appearance, the two avoided eye contact and remained tight lipped until one of them disappeared. Usually it was Sungmin, but on this occasion it was Kyuhyun who moved first, bolting to the bathroom in silence.

Hyukjae pounced on Sungmin, Donghae helping him drag the protesting Yōsei bearer onto the couch and hold him there.

"What is going on between you two?"

Sungmin began to open his mouth to deny there was anything wrong, but Donghae cut him off.

"We know you ed him."

Sungmin shut his mouth, his teeth clicking quietly. His eyes asked how.

"There's only two ways to make Cho Kyuhyun limp that badly. Football or . And since we haven't played football in a while, the other seemed like the natural option."

"Besides," Hyukjae picked up where Donghae stopped, "You left one hell of a bite mark on his collarbone."

Sungmin winced at the new information, because he hadn't known he'd bitten Kyuhyun hard enough to leave a mark and for it to be visible. He buried his face into his hands, feeling guilty at causing Kyuhyun embarrassment. "Just be lucky Ahra didn't see it," Hyukjae said, sitting beside Sungmin and rubbing his friend's back, "She would have killed you." Sungmin's head snapped up, "Ahra was here?" Donghae nodded, "Sungjin too, the first day you holed yourself up in here."

At the mention of his brother, Sungmin burst into tears, startling Donghae and Hyukjae as they tried to comfort him as best they could, without knowing the reason of his sudden breakdown.

"What's going on?"

Kyuhyun stood in the hallway entrance, looking scared as he stared at the three on the couch. Sungmin looked up, tears leaking from his eyes as he wailed, "Kyuhyun!" Lunging himself at the surprised brunet, Sungmin clung to him as he cried, burying his face into Kyuhyun's old high school jersey. "I'm sorry!" He chanted, "I'm sorry! Please don't avoid me anymore Kyu! Don't leave me." Although thoroughly confused, Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Sungmin's quivering body and shot a flummoxed look at the other two.

"Don't look at us," Hyukjae said as he shrugged, "We mentioned Ahra and Sungjin's visit and he burst into tears." Donghae tugged on Hyukjae's arm, "Come on babe, I think we should leave them alone for now. We'll see you tomorrow Kyu." Kyuhyun waved distractedly as Sungmin hugged him tighter, before dramatically throwing his arms around Kyuhyun's neck and pulling him down slightly.

"I'm... So... Sorry... Kyu..." Sungmin managed, between giving Kyuhyun multiple kisses as an apology. "I shoudn't have been so childish." Kyuhyun finally gave up and kissed Sungmin deeply, before pulling away and cupping the blonde's face between his warm hands. "It's okay, Minnie. I shouldn't have sprung it on you so suddenly."

Sungmin smiled blissfully, leaning into Kyuhyun's touch, "I think I have my answer now, though." Kyuhyun blinked in surprise as Sungmin kissed him again, "Oh?" He asked stupidly, making the blonde giggle.

"You're a Yōsei's mate, but my boyfriend."
 




Do not, I repeat, DO NOT come after me with flaming torches, pitchforks, cannons, guns, knives or any sort of weapon. I know it's effing confusing, I wrote it and I don't understand it. 

By the way, for those that don't know, "going to town" is an expression used to say that someone did something hardcore or did something full on/all the way/etc.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS ㅠㅠ

xoxo Raine