VIII

Learning To Dance

Darkness; dense and black, trapping him in it's cold embrace.

Shadows flitting across the little pockets of light far above his head, the scene clearing as trees and undergrowth brush against him.

Things, close enough to feel, but far enough not to touch; darkness is closing in; the trees, the forest air.

Legs moving - running - but never getting anywhere; surrounded by thick foliage and dense trunks, there's no escape. Little tinkling voices are calling, calling out for him to return to his homeland.

Tiny creatures are surrounding him, all with blades of elven steel and arrows of cedar oak. Sharp pains; he swats away the little things, punching the air blindly, never hitting his target.

It's cold and he shivers, before black...
 



A hand across the face, swiftly followed by a (close to) jaw-breaking punch was not Kyuhyun's ideal wake me up method. But as he tumbled spectacularly off the bed and onto the hardwood floors, he realised it wasn't exactly Sungmin's cup of tea either. The blonde was still asleep, only now he was hyperventilating, sweating like he'd run a marathon and thrashing about every which way.

Now come on, Kyuhyun knew faeries were vicious and hard to control, but this was ridiculous.

A moment after Kyuhyun picked himself off the floor, the door flew open, caught him on the shoulder and sent him sprawling again, earning an "ow ing hell watch it!" from the floored brunet. There wasn't much talking as Sungmin continued to thrash about on the bed, completely oblivious to the pandemonium he was causing in the bedroom.

Kyuhyun barely even noticed the medical syringe Sungjin was holding, until the blonde on the bed shivered and stilled.

"What was that?" Kyuhyun shouted, pointing at the now empty syringe in the boy's hand, "What did you do to him?" Raising his hands, Sungjin showed submission and said, "It's just a mild sedative. It's not dangerous. He's been like this for years." Confusion is written all across Kyuhyun's face, as he clambers back onto the bed and cradles Sungmin's sleeping body against his own, noting just how cold the blonde's skin is.

"What are you talking about Sungjin?" He spat, brushing the sweat dampened bangs out of Sungmin's face.

The younger boy froze, not knowing how to respond to the sudden question, "Well... he's had nightmares ever since we left home and they were so bad we had to get medication for them to stop. Now that's he's been Revealed.. Well," Sungjin gestured to the now twitching form, "He's gotten worse it seems." Kyuhyun tightened his hold and the blonde's twitching stopped.

Ahra appeared with weary eyes, bearing a tray with soup and water. "Wake him up," She said gently, "And feed him this. He'll feel better."

Nodding, Kyuhyun took the offered tray carefully, before gently shaking Sungmin awake. He was helped by a magically appeared Choco, who decided Sungmin worthy enough to be lightly. The blonde stirred under the touches, his emerald eyes fluttering open and he sniffed, clearly smelling the soup as he sat up suddenly.

"Min," Kyuhyun called gently, "Are you ok?"

The blonde glanced at Kyuhyun and nodded slowly, before taking the tray silently and beginning to eat. He hummed quietly, as Kyuhyun brushed his long fingers through Sungmin's soft hair, a mixture of worry and adoration adoring his eyes. It didn't take long for Sungmin to finish eating and when he did, Ahra took the tray before she and Sungjin left. Once the door was shut behind them, Sungmin buried himself into Kyuhyun's embrace and sighed.

"Did they tell you?" Sungmin asked, his voice ridiculously small. Kyuhyun shook his head, "No, they didn't." The blonde nodded and it was silent for a moment. "It's a recurring thing," he said, "The nightmares. It always starts off the same, then it changes. Sometimes I'm in an old castle, others in the middle of a river. Lately it's been in a forest. I don't know what's triggering it at all." Lifting his head, Sungmin noticed that Kyuhyun's cheek was pink and a bruise was forming on his jaw.

"Oh my god, did I hit you?" Sungmin asked, scrambling up onto his knees and gently maneuvering Kyuhyun's head to the side so he could see better. Kyuhyun chuckled, "I knew you were vicious, but geez." The blonde smacked his chest, "Not funny Kyuhyun! What if I'd broken something?"

Kyuhyun smiled indulgently, "Then I don't know what I would have done, but you didn't, so stop worrying so much."

A hurried knock sounded on the door before Ahra poked her head in, "Kyuhyun hurry, it's him." Kyuhyun bolted up and untangled himself from Sungmin, "Stay here," he whispered, "I don't want you to see this." Sungmin pouted but did as he was told, watching as Kyuhyun ran out of the bedroom behind Ahra.

Reaching the stairs, Kyuhyun slowed down and took deep breaths. He hadn't seen him since their rough tumble under sheets at his drunken 18th. Descending the stairs slowly, Kyuhyun in a breath as the tall, dark and handsome figure of his worst nightmare appeared before him.

"Siwon."
 




Oh dear god, kill me now.

This is probably the shortest chapter yet and ohhhh plot twists everywhere.

Comments?

xoxo Raine