XI

Learning To Dance

When Kyuhyun came to, he was assaulted by the artificial lights of the campus infirmary. His head pounded, throat dry and his body felt heavy. He could feel the cool sheets covering his body and the hardened matress beneath him, briefly shutting his eyes as a wave of throbbing pain washed over him.

His groan must have alerted the person beside him, because a blonde head was in his line of vision when he opened his eyes once more. "Sungmin." Kyuhyun breathed, "What happened?"

Sungmin shook his head, unable to find the best words to describe how he was feeling. Kyuhyun raised his arms, mildly surprised to see bandages covering his forearms, but paid no heed when Sungmin gently laid down beside him and curled close. It was a cute gesture, until Sungmin sunk his teeth into Kyuhyun's right pectoral.

"Ow! What the hell, Lee Sungmin!" Kyuhyun hissed, feeling the stinging pain even through his clothing. Sungmin grumped something into Kyuhyun's chest, as he laid his head back down and winced when Kyuhyun smacked his back and demanded him to repeat himself.

"I said, you could have died."

Confused, Kyuhyun decided to poke Sungmin to keep him talking. Sitting up, Sungmin sent the brunet a dirty look, "The pixie sprayed you with moondust. It's lethal to humans. If I hadn't arrived sooner, you would have been dead." Kyuhyun stayed silent, not knowing how to respond to the fact that a pixie, of all things, had just attempted to murder him.

"What the- a pixie- moondust?" He spluttered, dark eyes wide in disbelief and Sungmin rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Yes Kyuhyun," he said slowly, as if he was talking to a child, "Are you really so surprised? I'm a faerie. Therefore it makes sense that other mythological things exist too."

"Just put it this way," Sungmin said, his voice suddenly lower and much more serious, "Stay away from those woods."

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin uneasily, feeling the weight of the warning bearing down on him and so jumped comically when the door was slammed open.

"Kyuhyun! Oh my god, thank you're okay!"

Gently pushing Sungmin out of the way, Ahra flung her arms around Kyuhyun and hugged him tightly. Choking at the sudden pressure, Kyuhyun clawed at Ahra's back, finally grabbing enough of her shirt to pull her away from him.

"I won't be okay if you keep choking me!" He wheezed, trying to get oxygen into his lungs.

"What's with you and life threatening situations?" Ahra exclaimed, "First the car accident and now this!"

"I don't know!" Kyuhyun wailed, squeezing his eyes closed and for once acting like a child, "I was looking for Sungmin and then this thing came out of nowhere and attacked me!"

"They don't like being called things, Kyuhyun." Sungmin commented dryly, crossing his arms over his chest and raising an eyebrow in amusement.

"I don't care," the brunet snapped, "I don't like being attacked. It apparently tried to kill me and as such does not garner my respect."

Sungmin sighed, rounding the bed to sit across from Ahra, his emerald eyes dulled as he brushed stray hairs from Kyuhyun's face, "You need rest," he murmured, "The moondust hasn't totally worn off yet."

Yawning suddenly, Kyuhyun realised that he was indeed still tired and that a nap sounded like a bloody brilliant idea.

Soft lips feathering against his own and Sungmin's hushed voice, were the last things Kyuhyun remembers before darkness claiming him.

 


 

It was almost evening before Kyuhyun was woken again; most of the students had already gone home. He felt a lot better than the first time he'd woken up, as Sungmin helped him to his feet from the low lying bed and shrugged his coat on. Bidding goodbye to the supervising staff, Kyuhyun and Sungmin made their way to the car, Kyuhyun still yawning every four or five steps.

"Why am I still tired?" He whined, "I practically slept all day."

Sungmin groused something under his breath, the suspiciously sounded like I'll rip its bloody wings off and it made Kyuhyun shudder at the angry tone. They reached the car without Kyuhyu falling asleep again, but he was still drowsy enough for Sungmin to have to buckle him in.

Feeling a sudden overwhelming urge of protection, Sugmin glared in the direction of the forest, muttering, "Come anywhere near him again and I'll kill the lot of you."

It may have just been the vanishing sun, but little lights glittered amongst the trees.



 

Oh halle-freaking-lujah, I've updated. I know it's short and most likely crappy and confusing, but I really haven't been bothered with updating anything really because of school and all that yucky real life stuff. I wish I was like choco (yes I am now calling chocolatemilk90 this, because I do not know her name), and updating like... Regularly. What even is that word anymore?

COMMENTS PRETTY PLEASE PEOPLE.

I need cheering up from this sad sad world.

xoxo Raine