XII

Learning To Dance

Sungmin was pouting.

It was 8:30 in the morning, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, Kyuhyun had just made coffee and Sungmin was pouting.

In all honesty, Kyuhyun was glad for the quiet moment, because if Sungmin was giving him the silent treatment, that meant his little Yōsei temperament wasn't playing up and Kyuhyun could have a headache free morning. But of course, things too good to be true don't last long.

"I don't like you anymore."

"Damn it Sungmin, it was just one cookie."

"But they were my goddamn cookies, Kyuhyun!"

And here he goes again, hissing and spitting like the mothering vicious he is.

Kyuhyun groaned and escaped to the bathroom, really regretting taking the unassuming cookie off the bench and eating it. He honestly knew better. Sungmin upset about his cookies was like a woman on her period. Not a pretty sight.

The front door slammed and Kyuhyun heaves a sigh of relief. He was free of Sungmin until class. It had been three days since the whole pixie assassination attempt and Kyuhyun couldn't feel the affects of the moondust anymore. The first night had been rough, waking every few hours to nightmares and pain, sobbing quietly until Sungmin woke up and coaxed him back to sleep.

The second night, he'd only woken once and Sungmin had already been awake, handing him a hot chocolate and curling into his side, comfortingly. The last night, Sungmin was happy that Kyuhyun had slept through, not waking once nor showing any signs of nightmares.

Switching the shower off, Kyuhyun shook his head like a wet dog, spraying water in all directions. Drying quickly, he scurried into the bedroom and dressed in the first clothes he touched. Jeans, polo, sweater. Just his luck they were monochrome, so he didn't have to worry about colours clashing. Running his fingers through his hair a few times, Kyuhyun finally accepted that he looked decent and headed out.
 



Sungmin was still seething when he ran into Hyukjae. "What's the matter with you?" The skinny blonde asked, skittering back a few steps as Sungmin growled in his throat, "Kyuhyun ate my cookies." Hyukjae rolled his eyes at the dramatic life the two had, "They were just cookies, Min. He'll probably buy you more." Sungmin shrugged but asked courteously, "So, how are you and Donghae doing? It's been a while."

Hyukjae smiled slightly as they walked towards the building, "Better. I thought normal Donghae was hard to handle, but when he wants to spend the night in the bathtub, well..." He trailed off and Sungmin patted his shoulder sympathetically. He could smell the stress and fright inside Hyukjae and felt bad for his friend, "You'll be fine," he settled with, "Both you and Donghae are strong. You'll work it out."

Hyukjae gave him a weak smile as they parted ways.
 



Sungmin jumped as a bag was dropped onto his desk. No explanation as Kyuhyun fell into the seat beside him, smelling of fresh mint and their vanilla washing powder. His curiosity got the better of him and Sungmin opened the bag, eyes widening as he saw three packets of his beloved cookies, a chocolate milk and a small cute stuffed bunny.

Before he could say anything, the professor entered the room and started the lecture.

Sungmin couldn't concentrate though, his thoughts too full of the surprise bag of gifts and the perfect man beside him. As he glanced at Kyuhyun for the nth time that hour, Sungmin finally noticed Kyuhyun's hand hung limp by his chair, as if he wasn't bothered to put it on the table. Taking it to his advantage, Sungmin reached out slowly and took it, glad of their place in the back (away from prying eyes) and intertwined their fingers.

If Kyuhyun noticed, his face didn't show it but Sungmin felt the gentle squeeze and he smiled.
 



Sungmin jumped Kyuhyun the moment they were out of the classroom and in the sunshine.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He chanted, peppering Kyuhyun's startled face with kisses, "I'm sorry I was a this morning." Holding Sungmin at arms length, Kyuhyun mumbled something along the lines of "yeah yeah, just shut up and eat your cookies" and rolled his eyes when Sungmin broke into a packet and ate one immediately.

Kyuhyun stood quietly, looking out over the sunlight grass of the campus lawn, listening to the quiet chewing of Sungmin on his cookies. The moment was tranquil, with the other students in classes or the library, they were the only two outside and it didn't matter, because it was quiet and the company of each other was more than enough to satisfy them. His blank state of mind was interrupted however, by a white chocolate chip and macadamia cookie being into his face.

"I... don't mind if we... share the cookies anymore."

Sungmin's voice was small and he refused to look at any vicinity near Kyuhyun's face, lest the taller man see the raging blush on his cheeks. Kyuhyun smiled and took the cookie out of Sungmin's hand with his teeth, nipping lightly and causing the blonde to squeal quietly.

But instead of eating the cookie straight away, Kyuhyun held it between his teeth, as if waiting for Sungmin to make a move. And so it became a challenge to see who would break away from the cookie first (very much like a pepero challenge) and Kyuhyun won.

Sungmin was feeling unusually shy, as he watched Kyuhyun tilt his head back and let the sun's rays warm his face. Checking his watch, Sungmin gasped as he realised they only have five minutes to get to their next class and he grabbed Kyuhyun's hand, before running into the building.

They made it with a minute to spare and Sungmin offered Kyuhyun another cookie, when the brunet glared at him for making him run.

Kyuhyun took it, because no matter how annoyed he was, a cookie offered from Sungmin was rare.
 



Sungmin found Kyuhyun buried in a pile of books, after his last class had finished. Kyuhyun had been excused to the library to supposedly study for an upcoming test in another class, but the books Sungmin spotted weren't for any of the subjects they were doing at all. They were all mythology books and the page Kyuhyun had open was on fae.

"What are you doing?"

Kyuhyun jumped when Sungmin appeared over his shoulder, eyes curiously skimming the pages of the book laying open on the table. "Not much," he said, as Sungmin took a seat next to him, "Just doing some background reading on a certain something." The blonde glared at him mockingly, "That's offensive."

Kyuhyun smiled teasingly.

"Besides," Sungmin yawned, leaning back in the wooden chair, "You could just ask me these things y'know. I could probably answer most of the questions that you have about these things."

"Where's all this knowledge coming from, Min? If I asked you about any of this stuff before, you wouldn't know jack ."

Sungmin hummed in agreement, "I guess it comes with the Revelation."

A few more pages were turned before Kyuhyun seemed to give up on looking for whatever it was in the book, before turning to Sungmin.

"Okay then, tell me why the pixie wanted to kill me."
 




Oops~ Now there's some explaining to do people! Kyu's getting suspicious about these pixies~

I really need to learn to stop making new stories before I finish old ones. >~<

**SHAMELESS ADVERTISING**

ANYWAY, for those of you that are curious, here's some of my new stories.

- Loch Colpach ( EunHae mythological )
- Sass Got y ( EunHae romance/comedy )
- Wet Hair & Soccer Shorts ( QMi fluff/ )
- Bound By Blood ( QMi horror/psychological )

That's it for now though~

Comments are appreciated~!

xoxo Raine