III

Learning To Dance

"We're moving into the college dorms."

Sungmin stared at the younger college student like he was insane, spitting his milk back into the glass and blinking rapidly, "What did you just say?"

Kyuhyun sighed as he repeated himself. "What about Sungjin?" Sungmin gaped, not really believing what he was being told. "My parents will take him," Kyuhyun said in a final tone, "They've never liked your parents."

When Sungmin had met Kyuhyun for lunch on Friday, that wasn't the news he was expecting. What he was expecting was Kyuhyun to and moan about the upcoming tests (he knew it'd come later).

"But why the dorms so suddenly?"

"It was Ahra's idea. She says we're looking too exhausted when we get home and she doesn't want us to get into an accident." Kyuhyun took long draws of his chocolate frappé, as if he was avoiding his next comment.

"Spit it out already, Kyuhyun."

"Ahraalreadybookedthedormroom."

A pause.

"Come again?"

Kyuhyun sighed and muttered lowly, "Ahra already booked the dorm room."

Sungmin hissed and spat something nasty, before he got up and stormed away.
 



Sungmin was still hissing and spitting as he and Hyukjae walked to their afternoon class together. Well, Sungmin walked and Hyukjae limped slightly. Since Hyukjae was wearing shorts, Sungmin could see the huge bruise on his leg.

"I did that," he pointed to the bruise, "didn't I?"

Hyukjae nodded and shot him a playful dirty look, as Sungmin apologised. He had been feeling particularly vicious in that football match and he didn't know why, but now his friends sported bruises the size of basketballs. He clenched is eyes shut as Hyukjae smacked him upside the head once as payback, before they entered their shared classroom.

The more Sungmin thought about it, the more he realised that his temper was really becoming more apparent lately and that the people around him were certainly suffering for it. He bit his lip guiltily as he took his seat, avoiding Hyukjae's questioning gaze and the fact that he tried to keep as much distance between them as he could.

"Min, is there something wrong?" Hyukjae questioned him quietly and Sungmin shook his head, "I'm just not feeling well."

As the teacher entered the room, Hyukjae let it be.
 



Sungmin found himself being dragged to the college dormitories that afternoon and hustled into a plainly decorated two-bedroom dorm. Dumping his back in his room, Sungmin suddenly felt faint and called for Kyuhyun. The younger man appeared in Sungmin's doorway and screeched as Sungmin fell to the floor, face flushed and burning up.

Kyuhyun ran forward, picking Sungmin up and placing him on the bed gently, running into the bathroom and grabbing the first aid kit, hoping that it was nothing serious. He returned to the bedroom to find Sungmin whimpering and hurried to place cool cloths across the blonde's forehead, hoping it would bring some form of relief.

He sighed out in relief, when Sungmin ceased whimpering, the clenched fists finally loosened and dull brown eyes opened to look up at him wearily.

"K-Kyu..." He whispered, trying to reach out but failing when his body wouldn't respond. Kyuhyun smiled weakly, grabbing Sungmin's clammy hand and holding it tightly, "I'm right here. What's going on?" Sungmin rolled his head from side to side, "Call... doctor..." Kyuhyun sprang up and ran to grab his cellphone, punching in the number of the first person that came to mind.

"Jongwoon? I need your help."
 



The bright lights of the psychiatric facility were annoying to say the least and after rushing Sungmin to Kim Jongwoon - the head psychiatrist - at 7:30 on Friday night, Kyuhyhun was beginning to wish he could destroy them. It was 5am, Saturday morning and Kyuhyun had been up all night as Jongwoon and his team stabilised Sungmin.

The man jumped as someone cleared their throat and he swung to the side to see Jongwoon. "Is he alright?" Kyuhyun asked, leaping up and praying that his friend was okay. Jongwoon nodded, "He is, but for how long we don't know." Kyuhyhun's head cocked to the side, "What do you mean?" Jongwoon heaved a sigh and looked Kyuhyun straight in the eye.

"Sungmin's undergoing his Revelation."

It was like all the air in Kyuhyun's lungs just vanished and he choked on nothing, "H-His Revelation? What is he?" Jongwoon shook his head, "We're not sure yet. Judging by the severity of his condition now, he could be a Yōkai." Kyuhyun paled, "A Japanese monster?" Jongwoon nodded. Kyuhyun suddenly felt wobbly on his feet and he couldn't think straight. His best friend since childhood, a monster.

"Mr Kim! Come quickly!"

Jongwoon and Kyuhyun both took off at the feminine scream echoing from down the hall and Kyuhyun nearly gagged at the sight before him. Sungmin was practically chained to the bed, his back arched and eyes rolled back into his head, mouth open in a silent scream. Kyuhyun watched - frozen - as the team of medical staff tried to inject Sungmin with a sedative, only for the being within Sungmin to arch away. It suddenly twisted too far and a sickening crack sounded.

"SUNGMIN!"

Kyuhyun didn't even know he could produce such a heart-wrenching scream, as he fell to his knees and watched the body of his best friend still. Everyone in the room had frozen, too scared to move or say anything. The three nurses closest to the bed jumped back in alarm, as the body started to twist back, another sharp crack as the previously broken spinal chord moved back into place and the chains broke easily as Sungmin sat up.

Kyuhyun was captured easily into the emeral green stare that turned his way. He barely registered Jongwoon's amazed hiss.

"A Yōsei."
 




Aigoo~! Drama drama drama in this chapter and please don't hit me, I know it ><

I'm trying to get at least the first few chapters out on a daily basis, but school's starting again so the chapters might take longer to write and stuff. I WILL WRITE LONGER CHAPTERS TOO!!

Comments?

xoxo Raine