First Date

A BEAST’S MAKE-BELIEVE TRUTH

 

CHAPTER 9: First Date

This is gonna be interesting. My first date in the 22 years that I’ve lived…

SaJi’s POV

“Noona!” I quickly turned around and saw Changsun, that boy who’s obviously crazy over Pikachu, entered the restaurant. He was running towards me, flailing his hands, then skidded to a stop two feet away from me, with his signature dazzling smile. Aigoo this boy’s going to break lots of hearts in the future.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Changsun-ah. What brought you here?” I readily asked him as I crouched and gestured him to come nearer.

He came over, and with that smile plastered on his face, he held out something in front of my face making me lean back a bit, “Noona! Look! Look! We’re going on a date!” he yelled, his eyes wide from excitement.

Movies? I patted his head as I stood up, “Aigoo. Aren’t you too young to go out on a date?” I heard a giggle, and looked up to see an elegant lady, probably on her early thirties.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Changsun’s omoni. And you’re probably, Lee SaJi, my son’s girlfriend?” she said with a wink.

I smiled knowingly, and greeted her back, “Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Lee. It’s nice to meet you.” I bowed then asked her, “Where would you like to sit?”

 “Oh!! Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Lee! It’s been a while since you came here.” Mr. Ahn greeted her. “SaJi-ah, go take her to the table over there.”

“Anio, it’s okay, ahjussi. I’m just here to ask you and her a favor.” She said as she walked to my side.

“Oh.. what is it, Mrs. Lee?”  ahjussi asked as he gave out drinks to Myungsoo, the other waiter.

“Mr. Ahn, can you please let SaJi-ssi take the day off so she could look after Changsun-ah? ‘Cause I have a very important client to meet this afternoon and Changsun, here, wouldn’t want anybody else to babysit—”

“Umma, she’s not going to babysit me. Noona and I are going out on a DATE!” Changsun disagreed with her mom, his face full of annoyance. Ahjussi laughed at the boy’s silliness.

“Kuraeyo?” ahjussi said as he leaned on the counter to look at the boy.

Changsun nodded and with a smug look on his face, “Ne, ahjussi, kuraeyo.” He held up his hands to him, beaming, and said, “Poseyo! I already have tickets for us, just the two of us!”

The three of us looked at Changsun, trying to suppress our smiles.

Ahjussi put his fingers on his chin and tapped it, “Hmmn.. What if I can’t let her because there are customers?”

Changsun looked around the restaurant then looked at Mr. Ahn with narrowed eyes.  “Ahjussi! But you only have… ” he looked at the customers again and started counting while pointing the customers, “... one, two, three… three.. f-fo.. FIVE, six.. four? Ugh.” He faced ahjussi and put his hands on his waist, “You don’t have a lot of customers that means SaJi noona can come with me.” He proclaimed, pouting.

We cracked up at him. Changsun tugged at my jeans, now teary eyed, “Noona… You’ll come with me right? Right..?”

“I would love to, Changsun-ah but it’s up to ahjussi.” I said as I patted his back. He looked at ahjussi with puppy eyes and trembling lips.

“Arasso, arasso. I’ll let noona take the day off. Just promise me that you’ll protect her, okay?” ahjussi said smiling as he held out his pinky. Changsun brightened up and did some power ranger moves before he laced up his pinky with ahjussi’s. “I, Lee Changsun, promise to protect noona with all my might!”

“Aigoo, my son is now a young man.” His mother said and ruffled his hair. She bowed to ahjussi, “Kamsahamnida, ahjussi.” She said her goodbye to Mr. Ahn.

Her son and I walked her to where their car was parked. “SaJi-ssi. Please take care of my son. Kamsahamnida.” She then looked at Changsun who was looking at her with a satisfied smile on his face, “Changsun-ah, you better not give noona any problem, okay? I’ll just see you at home before 8.” The boy nodded.

She turned to me and held out her calling card which I accepted. “Do call me if something comes up.”

I nodded and waved goodbye to Mrs. Lee as she drove away. Changsun held my hand, looked up and beamed at me, “Ready for our date, noona?”

This is gonna be interesting. My first date in the 22 years that I’ve lived… and it’s with a kid. I thought as I smiled at him.

 

~~~~~~~~

Annyeonghaseyo!!

Sorry for not updating .. we’ve been busy and  working out our plot.

So to make up for that we did a double update. YAY!  =]

 

NOTE: We just love Joon. Who wouldn’t want him to be their first date, right? =]