The 4D Prince to the rescue

A BEAST’S MAKE-BELIEVE TRUTH

 

CHAPTER 6: The 4D Prince to the rescue

 

She smiled at ME.. at me! Darn it, why does it feel like everything’s slowing down?

 

Third person’s POV

“…since we ran out of ice cream again, I’ll just go buy some, hyung!” I said as I quickly head to the door. I saw Doojoon hurriedly went to the kitchen, probably checking the fridge.

“Yah! Come back here, Hyunseung-ah! Where the heck do you think you’re going?! There’s still a gallon of ice cream in here!” Doojoon shouted, but Hyunseung barely heard him.

Gikwang snorted, “Doojoon hyung, isn’t it obvious already? He always say that as an excuse to go out when he wants to play at the arcade.”

Doojoon oddly looked at his dongsaeng, thinking to himself, why haven’t I thought of that? And I thought Gikwang is a  babo..

 

Hyunseung’s POV

They fell for it again. I smugly smiled to myself as I walked out of the gate. That kid. He better get ready coz I’m definitely gonna beat the crap out of him today.. Jang Hyunseung, the arcade master, will have his revenge today. I put my hands up wide in the air and laugh like those evil masterminds in the movies.  Muwahahahahahahahaha!!! I’m definitely going to win, I can feel—

I felt pain on my toes. Aish, what’s this rock doing in my way?! I kicked it and immediately regret doing it. I rubbed my hurt foot and continued walking rather slowly than before. I was nearing Mr. Ahn’s shop when I saw her…

How can it be? How can you be so pretty...? With your hair messily gathered into a ponytail.. and a face that looks almost expressionless.. and that shirt, seriously? Is that Jjanggoo [shinchan]?

I slowly walked to her, not even knowing why I am going to her. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a bang. I looked to her left and saw two big garbage bags. I looked at her, I guess I had that questioning look on my face because she said,

“Mwo? What are you looking at? If you’re going to eat, don’t just stand there. Get inside already.”

Honestly, I didn’t know why I didn’t answer her. All I could say was “Aah.. Ah.” for the past five seconds. She stood right in front of me, waving her hand at me. Finally some emotion on her face, is that confusion..? Ani.. her face was full of irritation now. Great.

“Hay naku (aish).. weirdo.” I heard her mutter as she went back into the store.

I found myself inside the store. Great, just what the hell am I doing here? I went to the table at the corner and sat there, and then I heard myself called out to her, “Sa Ji-ssi! Im ready to order.”

I saw Sa Ji come up to me with a frown on her face. I quickly gave her my order, not wanting to lose her patience with me again.

After some minutes my order came and I started to munch on my food, I watched Sa Ji work from the corner of my eye, Why does she smile like that to other people and give us frowns and cold stares?

I continued eating but can’t help it, I still watch Sa Ji from time to time. I noticed how she still warmly greets everyone despite the fact that the number of people doubled in just an hour. I finished my food hastily because I remembered my plan to go to the arcade.

I walked up to the cashier where Mr. Ahn is. “Annyo—”

I looked to my left and saw Sa Ji, “Ahjussi, table nine wants two kimchi stew and one ddukbokki…”

“Okay, Sa Ji-ah. Oh by the way where’s Myungsoo?” Mr. Ahn answered while preparing the drinks.

“Ahjussi.. Don’t you remember? He asked you a week ago to change his day off to today.” Sa Ji answered as ahjussi handed her the drinks.

My eyes followed as she went back to serve the other customers.

“Oh! Hyunseung-ah, I didn’t know you were here!”

I turned to Mr. Ahn and bowed, “Annyeonghaseyo ahjussi. I suddenly missed your cooking so I dropped by. It was good as usual.” I said as I handed him the payment for my lunch.

“Aigoo this kid..” ahjussi smilingly said as he received the money. “Kamsahamnida.”

I bowed and turned around to leave. But then  I saw Sa Ji and-

“Miss, two more glasses of water here please! ”

“Ne..”

“Sa Ji-ssi! Can we have more kimchi here please?”

“Oh, arasso Jungmin-ssi!”

“We’ll have additional sea weed soup, Sa Ji-ssi..”

“Ne, coming right up!”

I turned back and asked Mr. Ahn, “Ahm, Ahjussi do you have an extra apron? I’m sure you could use another server for today ”

“Jinja? You’re going to help us? Oh! It really is a lucky day for us. Here.” Ahjussi smilingly said as he handed me the apron.

 

Sa Ji’s and Third Person’s POV

Arghh! Myungsoo-ah bakit ngayon ka pa nag-day off? Lagot ka talaga sa akin bukas!(Arghh! Myungsoo-ah why did you have your day off today? Tomorrow, you’re a dead meat!)

“Sa Ji-ssi! Can I have another bowl of rice?”

“Ne, Kyujong-ssi.” I turned around to get more rice when—

“Miss, we’re ready to order!!”

I turned to look at them and my lips automatically formed a smile, “Arasso, I’ll be right over—”

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Hyunseung. I’ll take your order, Miss”

Oh? Bakit nandito pa iyang weirdo na iyan?(Oh? Why is that weirdo still here?)….. Wah..I unconsciously tilted my head to left. Akalain mo iyon, may itsura pala siya? (Well look at that, he doesn’t look that bad?) I shook my head, What the hell am I thinking? But.. yeah he doesn’t look bad. Oh . He’s pretty.. too pretty for –

“Yah! Sa Ji-ssi, my rice!” I heard Kyujong shouted at me which made me snapped back to reality. I went to the counter.

“Ahjussi another bowl of—”

“Three orders of bulgogi and one order of rice cake soup for table seven, ahjussi.”

“Arasso, Im on it!”

I looked at this weirdo beside me, “Yah, why are you still… here?”

He turned to me with that DUH-look on his face, “Helping you?”. Before I could answer back, “Sa Ji-ah what is it that you were saying?” Mr. Ahn said while handing him the drinks.

“One more bowl of rice for table four and another order of kimchi stew for table two.”

An hour passed and I still kept on checking on how the weirdo is doing. It’s just that his looks doesn’t fit to be a server, I mean, he’s just too… pretty.

Hell.. why am I thinking about that again? But.. He really is pretty! Oh shut it, he’s a weirdo, SaJi!

The second hour passed and customers kept on coming. So far everything’s going on smoothly. I walked back to Jungmin-ssi’s table, seeing that Hyungjoon-ssi and Youngsaeng-ssi already arrived.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Hyungjoon-ssi, Youngsaeng-ssi, the usual?” And before Youngsaeng could answer Hyungjoon stood up and waved frantically at someone, “Hyung!! Hyung!! Here, here! I saved you a table!!”

“Yah, you don’t have to shout.” Hyunjoong said as he sat beside Youngsaeng

“Hyungjoon-ah are you a retard? Why do you have to shout? Our table is just beside the door.” Jungmin said, giving Hyungjoon death glares.

“Whatever. Why are you still here anyway, aren’t you and Kyujong hyung done eating yet?” Hyungjoon snapped back at Jungmin.

These guys are really cute. Who would have thought they are construction workers? Yeah they really are. And they’ve been eating here since the renovation of a building down the street started three weeks ago. I shook my head and just smiled to myself.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Hyunjoong-ssi.. what will you have today?”

I quickly got their orders and went to the counter to get their drinks. I was putting down their drinks when the man beside their table got my attention.

“Ne, ahjussi? Do you want anything else?”

hic! Another bottle hic! of soju! Hic!” he answered as he was waving his empty bottle. Seriously, this man already had five bottles. What a drunkard.

“Arasso. Coming right up.” I went to get soju and hurriedly came back and put down the soju on the man’s table.

“Here you go ahjussi, do you need anything else?”

He looked up to me and I was startled when he grabbed my wrist, “Yah hic! You’re hic! pretty hic! Come sit!” he said as he was trying to pull me on his lap.

“Yah! Let me go.” I tried to free myself from his grip but he was strong for a drunk man. So I did the only thing that I thought of, I took the glass of water on the table and splashed it on his face.

He was startled for a moment then abruptly stood up, his face flustered from anger, “Yah! You ungrateful !” he raised his hand, and I took a step backward readying myself for a fight—

“Don’t you know it’s not manly to hurt a girl?” it was my turn to be startled. You weirdo, how did you get here that fast? The next thing I knew, the weirdo was holding the drunkard’s arm, shielding me, how was that possible?

“You, boy, don’t get involved in this! Can’t you see I’m soaked in water?! And it’s all her fault!” the drunk guy tried to free his arm from the weirdo’s grip, but he wasn’t able to.

“Yah! I said let go of me!” he shouted as his other fist met with the weirdo’s face. The weirdo, not expecting the attack, fell on his . . I went to his side, trying to help him up,

“Kwaenchanayo?” I saw blood on the side of his lips. Why did he have to interfere anyway?! Aish. I don’t know why but I felt more angered all of a sudden, his pretty face would probably get a bruise or something. Aish..!!!

I looked up to the drunkard, “You! You DRUNKARD! You wanna die?!” and started to charge at him, not thinking about my safety. I am really so pissed off with him right now! How could he do such a thing?! I swear, you’re officially gonna be  a dead meat right now!

“Sa Ji-ssi, calm yourself.” I heard Hyunjoong said in the most serious tone I’ve heard him. His back in front of me, I tried to get him out of my way but someone grabbed my waist from the back. “Yah let go of me! I’m gonna give that drunkard a piece of my mind!” I shouted, trying to free myself.

“Hah! Jinja? Jinja?!” I heard the drunk man yelled, challenging me. Hell yeah! If only this weirdo would let go of me! I struggled to break free, but this weirdo’s holding me tight. “Yah weirdo let go! Let me at him! Let me—“

He pulled me closer and said, “Stop it, Sa Ji. he’s not worth it.”

The next thing I knew, Mr. Ahn was already there, stepping in between Hyunjoong and that damn man. “Sir, please calm down. I think you already drank enough for today. I’m sorry but it’s best for you to go home and rest.” I heard ahjussi politely said while he bowed. Ani, ahjussi. He’s the one who should be sorry!

The drunkard’s friend finally spoke, holding on to this arm, “Come on, let’s get you home. You caused enough trouble already. Come on now.” But the drunkard just shoved his hand away. And turned to Mr. Ahn, pointing his finger at him.

“who do you think you are, huh! I’m not going anywhere unless she says sorry to me! Now, get out of my way!” he then pushed ajhussi, who was caught off guard, and immediately fell.

Everything happened so fast I didn’t have time to react. In a blink of an eye, the drunk man was already on the floor, obviously passed out, and Youngsaeng and Hyungjoon was preventing Jungmin to punch the drunk man again.

“Yah! Let go of me! He deserves more than that!! First, he tried to hurt Sa Ji-ssi and now.. How dare him talk to Mr. Ahn like that?!” Jungmin yelled in anger and frustration. “Didn’t you see— Kyujong-ah, why are you helping that man?!”

“Chill down, Jungmin-ah, Im just helping him so that he can get the hell out of here already.” Kyujong said as he helped the drunkard onto his friend’s back.

“Ahjussi, Mianhamnida. Im very sorry, ” the man said as he tried his best to do a ninety degree bow.

“It’s okay, ” ahjussi said and bowed. The man,carrying the drunkard on his back, turned to leave.

Mr. Ahn looked around to the shock faces of the other customers, “Oh! Go on enjoy your food. It’s not nice to keep the food waiting!” He said smiling. He then went back to the counter like nothing happened.

I took a deep breath not realizing the hands that were still on my waist. WHAT. A. DAY.

 

Hyunseung’s and Third Person’s POV

What a day.. I smiled as I walked back home. I never thought that I’d actually enjoy not going to the arcade..

~flash back~

“Ouch. Ouch. Are you trying to hurt me even more, Sa Ji-ssi?” she threw the cotton ball on my face, “Eh di ikaw na gumamot sa sarili mo. (Do this yourself then.)” She turned around to leave, luckily I caught her arm just in time,

“Mwo? Sa Ji-ssi.. look, I’m sorry, here,” I handed her the medicine bottle, “please  continue.” She gave me a death glare but then snatched the medicine bottle and sat beside me.

“You shouldn’t have interfered, you know? I could have handled it myself. Aish. You’re an idiot, seriously. And don’t you dare blame…” blah blah blah blah. Here she goes again. I just stared at her, willing myself to just bear with her lecture that’s been going on for more than 10 minutes now. At least I get to see more emotion on her beautiful face again. Ne. she’s pretty even when angry. why does she have to be like that.. *sigh* I couldn’t help but smile.

“…next time when you get in the way again, I’m going to kick your , arasso? Arasso? Yah! Are you even listening? What are you smiling at?” she put a band aid on the side of my lip, and pushed it hard, “Aww! What was that for?” I looked at her with questioning eyes.

“It’s for you to snap back to reality, weirdo.” She said as she stood up to leave. i was watching her when she turned around, she stared at me for a moment and it surprised me that she wasn’t giving me a death glare this time.

“Ahm.. I..” I can see that she was kinda hesitant so I said, “What is it Sa Ji-ssi?”

“Kamsahamnida!” she suddenly said as she gave a 90 degree bow. I was stunned. Did she just thank me?

“It’s alright, Sa ji-ssi..” she looked up, nod, and abruptly turned around to leave.

I put my hand and on her shoulder, trying to stop her, she turned to me again with curious eyes, “Ne?”

“My name’s Jang Hyunseung..”

She was taken aback for a second then, she smiled. Yes, she really smiled. Even her eyes were smiling. And most of all, she smiled at ME..at me! Darn it, why does it feel like everything’s slowing down?

“I know.” She said with that smile still plastered on her beautiful face, she bowed and left me there with my mouth hanging open.

~end of flashback~

 

“Who do we have here? Looks like Hyunseungie had a.. wait, what’s with that retard smile on your face? Care to tell me?”

“It’s nothing. I just had a great day.” I answered.

“Nothing? Then why do you have a band aid on your face? Where have you been anyway?”

I shoved him away from the door, refusing to answer him. but he just went back and blocked my way again. “Get out of my way—“

“Why won’t you tell me..?” he pouted his lips, even giving me puppy eyes, trying to win me with his aegyo.

“Aish.. okay, okay. I just spent some time in the arcade, okay?” I pushed him out of the way and got inside. Leaving him with a weird look on his face.

 

Arcade, huh? But I just saw you came from Mr. Ahn’s place.. why did you lie, Hyunseung-ah???

 

~~~~~~~

Annyeong!

It came out longer than expected.. we cant help it, we just had to put SS501 in it! :D

BTW, SS501 doesn’t exist in our story. They’re not idols or whatever.. simply because they are the friendly construction workers who always eat at Mr. Ahn’s grill shop! Hehehe :D

They’d probably be in other chapters too.

Watch out for other cameo roles ;P

 

Xoxo,

Babycakes and Darling D.