The Babo to the rescue

A BEAST’S MAKE-BELIEVE TRUTH

 

here's the song that's gikwang's listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPIq_ljFb4g

 

CHAPTER 7: The Babo to the rescue

 

I’m in heaven, hyung, with a beautiful angel dressed in her sweatpants..

 

Third person’s POV

 “Hmmmm.. Aaaah!” Gikwang took a deep breath as he stretched out his arms. He just got out from their dorm’s gate, ready to take on his morning jog. He started warming up, feeling a bit guilty for not doing morning jogs for the past two weeks he came back from Japan.

He then put on his earphones, and started jogging. He turned his iphone’s volume higher, drowning other sounds in Chris Brown’s voice.

♫Here we are all alone in this room (oh) And girl I know where to start and what we're gonna do (yeah)…

He was nearing their neighborhood’s playground, he noticed that someone was there, probably warming up. Oh somebody’s up early too, huh. He looked at his wristwatch and checked the time. 6:40..hmm.

♫…Let me take you down I really wanna take you down…He was supposed to just pass by but something caught his eye that made him took a step back.. and back again.

Gikwang was now standing behind a tree, his head peeking at the girl who he taught was warming up. She must be cooling down already, from the look of it she must have just finished jogging or something.. ♫ …So don't stop girl get it Quit playing with it Can't wait no more…

He looked her up and down. He noticed how her hoodie perfectly hugged her body, showing off her slim figure. She was clearly sweating a bit. Her hair messily bundled up into a bun. She stretched up her arms and slowly reached for her toes repeatedly.

Oh.. she’s quite—Gikwang’s thought was interrupted as he stepped out of from hiding behind the tree. Huh..? I think I’ve seen “that” before. He thought as the girl bent down again to reach her toes. He tilted his head to the left, his eyes focused entirely on “that” familiar part.

♫I wanna take you down I really wanna take you down Take you down, yeah…

The girl finally finished cooling down; she walked up to the swing, her back still facing her unwanted audience. She sat down and started to swing herself slowly gaining speed, unaware that somebody was watching her from a distance.

Gikwang smiled, amused by the stranger’s attempt to stand up in the swing while it was still moving. His forehead suddenly creased with worry as the girl struggled to maintain her balance on the swing. And without thinking he slowly walked to the stranger,

“Yah, missy, you shouldn’t stand— whoa!“ he ran quickly to the girl, seeing that she fell right on her . The girl yelped in pain, and holding her right hand with her left, she muttered a couple of explicit words that can’t be written in here.

“Are you—are you alright?” gikwang asked the stranger as he bent down to help her.

She looked up, with fire in her eyes, which made Gikwang backed up a bit, oh I know her.. “Kasalanan mo ‘to eh! Bakit ba kasi bigla-bigla ka na lang naninigaw ha?! (This is your fault! Why do you have to shout all of a sudden?!)”

“M-mwo? Are you okay?” he asked cautiously as he pulled out his earphones.

“Ugh! You babo! Do I look like Im okay to you?!” Sa Ji yelled at him, shoving his helping hands away. She then tried to get up all by herself, but ended up sitting down again because of the pain that’s starting in her lower back.

Gikwang saw her winced, “Let me help you up, missy.” SaJi didn’t say a thing and just glared at him. She held up her hand, “Just get out of my face.”

“S-SaJi-ssi! Your hand!” he said. He automatically held her hand and examined her scraped palm.

Sa Ji tried to get her hand back from Gikwang’s hold, “It’s okay. You don’t have to—”

“Ahni.. Just let me..” He took out a clean handkerchief in his pocket and gently wiped the blood off of her palm. “Mianhamnida. I didn’t mean to startle you..” he said sincerely and seeing that Sa Ji’s scraped palm didn’t stop bleeding, he then started to wrap it with his handkerchief.

After a few minutes, he finished it with a cute knot, “There. All done.” He looked at SaJi’s face and she looked back at him with cold eyes. Gikwang moved nearer to her so that they were now face-to-face, and not minding her still stormy mood, he slowly smiled at her.

She was surprised with his sudden smile that she unconsciously backed up a little. What the..? really, this babo… W-what is wrong with this guy?! Whoa, did his eyes just disappeared?? Aww, so cute. Yah, what am I thinking? he looks like—

hahahahahahahahaha! Hahahaha!” Gikwang incredulously looked at the laughing SaJi, confused, he shook her by the shoulders,

“Yah! Did you also hit your head? Yah! Speak up and stop laughing like a crazy woman!” SaJi now holding onto her stomach was trying to stop laughing, but the thought of Gikwang’s eye-smiling face and his look-alike made her giggle even more.

Gikwang pouted, sat down and crossed his arms on his chest. “Waeyo? Wae? SaJi-ssi.. tell me already.”

“A-ahem.” She cleared , finally managing to stop laughing. She sat up straight, looked at Gikwang and said, poker-faced, “Because… you look like Kim Shinyoung.” In a good way..

“Mwo?!” his shocked face full of questions and wonder. Sa Ji, seeing his reaction and remembering it again, couldn’t help laughing again.

“Wae?! But I have muscles.. see?! I have a great body, how could I look like her? And she’s a girl! I’m a guy! No, I’m a man! How could you say—“

“Hyung, there’s a crazy noona!” the shriek of a little boy cut off Gikwang. SaJi hearing what the boy said, turned to where the voice came from and there she saw 3 little boys still wearing pajamas, who were about 5-7 years old. The boy who was still pointing his lollipop at their direction was obviously the one who shrieked. He was sporting an apple haircut, with his small cute nose crinkled, he immediately hid behind another boy who had panda eyes, when he saw SaJi and Gikwang were already looking at them.

SaJi slowly walked to the kids, then she crouched to meet the boy’s eye-level. “Yah.. punk, who you calling crazy?” she said with a playful smirk on her face. Aww, these kids are so cute..

The kid slowly moved away from his hyung’s back, he was wearing green pajamas with Jjanggoo. Oh Jjanggoo/shinchan huh? Good choice, kiddo. He faced SaJi “Oooh.. noona nomu yeppeo seo…” he said unaware that the lollipop is still in his mouth, his eyes widened in admiration. He held out the lollipop at SaJi’s face, “Noona, I’m Bang Cheolyong. My family is rich! Marry me.” SaJi giggled at the Cheolyong’s silliness. She was about to “accept” his proposal when—

“Cheolyong-ah, you shouldn’t do that.” A boy said. SaJi’s attention turned to the boy with a Pikachu beanie who was pointing a finger at his dongsaeng. This one was clearly a Pikachu fanatic; he was wearing a pink pajama with Pikachu prints, and over it was a white Pikachu printed jacket.

“Yeah, you shouldn’t do that.” The boy with panda eyes stepped up and took Cheolyong’s lollipop.  He was obviously sporting a hip hop look, with his red bull cap tilted to the right and a bling bling necklace over his white “goodnight”-printed pajamas. “I’m the leader and the oldest, so I get to marry noona first.” He said then put the lollipop on his adorable thick lips, trying to act cool.

“Jinja? You’re going to marry this noona?” they didn’t even notice Gikwang was already beside SaJi. He was obviously teasing the kid because he was smiling.

“Ne! I can play the piano, guitar! I can sing! I can dance! You name it, I can do it. Because Im Yang Seungho! ” He shouted directly at Gikwang then turned to SaJi and held up the lollipop to her, “So, marry me first, noona.” He sweetly said.

“But that’s unfair hyung! I want to marry her too!” the boy with the Pikachu beanie said. “I should be the one to marry her, I can protect her from ghosts and monsters and aliens!”

SaJi and Gikwang couldn’t stop giggling from these kids’ cuteness. “Ottokeyo?” She then sat on the ground, eyes focused on the three little boys who confessed their unconditional love for her. Gikwang crossed his arms and nodded, “Ne, ottokeyo?”

He flashed a dazzling smile, “Im Lee Changsun the master of martial arts!” he declared as he striked a pose similar to those of power rangers. “So noona! Pick me! Me, me, ME!!”

They all laughed in unison because of Changsun’s style of confession. “Hyung, why are you copying power ranger’s pose?” Cheolyong asked.

“Yah, Cheolyong-ah wh—”

“Sorry we’re late! I helped Byunghee hyung, he is now a man!” two kids were running to their direction. The boy who yelled was carrying a kitten in his arms. He was wearing a light blue pajama pants and a shiny silver jacket over his white shirt with an “I ♥Manila” print. The other kid who had a face mask and sporting a MOHAWK hairstyle, was wearing a black leather jacket, obviously too big for him, over his heart printed yellow pajamas.

“Oh here comes another one..” Gikwang muttered to himself.  SaJi who heard him playfully hit his leg. Gikwang just shot her a What-look then smiled. Aish.. that smile again. Shinyoung, don’t smile like that ag—

“Why are you wearing a face mask?” Seungho asked. They all eyed the kid who was striding arrogantly to them.

“What are YOU doing?” his voice was slightly muffled because of the face mask.

“Noona is marrying me, Hyung!” Cheolyong said excitedly. “Yah! She’s gonna marry me!” Seungho and Changsun said in chorus.

The kid with the face mask walked and stood in front of SaJi, examining her face.

Oh, waa.. this kid’s eyes are so intense.. She saw the kid’s eyes beamed in awe then it narrowed like he was smiling.

“Marry ME! ” he spoke, the mask was still on his face.

“WAE??” all of them, except SaJi and the boy with a kitten, asked. The boy with a shiny jacket stood there, silently watching.

“Because….” He slowly removed his face mask.

SaJi suppressed a laugh. “….Im a MAN.” The boy finally revealed his stylish “beard”.

“Is.. is that a beard?” Gikwang asked, amused. The boy turned to look at him then he said smugly, “Ne. I have a beard, that’s why Im a man, and you don’t have a beard, so you’re not a man, hyung.

The three kids surrounded the bearded-kid, “Ohhhhhhhh!! Waaaa.. Where d’you get that?”

“Heh. He got it from me. I..made Byunghee hyung a masterpiece.” He said with a smirk, waving the marker on their faces. The three kids “oooo”-ed in unison again. The adults just looked at each other, apparently entertained with all this fuss.

The beard-maker walked up to her, not minding his now over-excited friends, he bowed and said, “Annyeonghaseyo, noona.. I’m Park Sanghyun, and this is Dadoong.” He gave the kitten and SaJi happily took it, “Ah, ang cute naman ng kuting mo. (Ah, you’re kitten is so cute.)” she said unaware that she had spoken in her mother tongue.

“Oh?! You speak Filipino! Bagay tayo, noona! (We’re meant to be, noona!)” SaJi was surprised at the kid’s straight Filipino, “Ang galling mo mag-Filipino ah! (Ah you’re good at speaking Filipino!)” she said as she pinched his cheek.

Gikwang was just watching the two, with an eyebrow raised, clearly not understanding what they were talking about. Waaah, her voice sounds so sweet when speaking another language.. I could listen to her for hours even if I don’t understand a single thing she’s saying. Oblivious, he smiled looking at her intently.

“Yah..! sorry guys, but it looks like she’s gonna marry me.” Sanghyun told his friends, who suddenly froze for a second before shouting at him, “MWO?! WAE? WAE?!”

Sanghyun who just snorted and explained in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone, “She speaks Filipino, you guys don’t know it, but I do. And..” he held up his index finger, trying to make his point seriously taken, “NOONA accepted MY Dadoong which is the symbol of my love. So clearly, she is going to marry me. Right, noona?”

“i.. uh.. ahmm—“ she looked up to Gikwang, asking for help. And before he could say anything, the bearded-kid butted in.

“Yah, noona.. but you can’t marry my dongsaeng. He is not a man. I am a man.” He said pointing a finger to himself, “My name is Jung Byunghee. And I am THE man, the only man you’ll marry!”

The five kids then started yelling at each other,

“I get to marry her because I am the first one who asked her!”

“Ani, ani! You’re too young! You can’t protect her from monsters! But I can, so I’m gonna marry her!”

“Shut up! I’m the leader, she should marry me!”

“but she accepted my Dadoong! Bagay kami, bagay! (we’re destined to be, we’re destined!)”

“I have a beard, you guys don’t! you’re all not man enough to marry her, so I’m the one who’s marrying her!”

Gikwang who was watching the kids rant at each other saw SaJi get up, her face worried, she turned to him with alarmed eyes. and before she could say or do anything, Gikwang looked away from her and spoke,

“Who wants free pancakes for breakfast?”

“with chocolate chips?”

“marshmallow?”

“strawberries? And honey?”

“lots of whip cream?”

“and gummy bears?”

Gikwang smiled at the kids, “Ne.. Ne. anything you want.” The five little boys all shouted happily, “Yeyyyyyyy!” they all ran up to him and hugged his legs, completely forgetting about their “soon-to-be-bride.” Gikwang turned to look at her, and flashed his signature smile. SaJi can only roll her eyes,

Fine. This babo’s not bad after all.. he’s actually.. nice.

 

Gikwang’s POV

I looked at the girl walking beside me. Her hair still messily tied into a bun, but all I could see was how pretty she is. I still can’t believe it but yes, SaJi-ssi went to eat with us, after much persuading from his little “future grooms.”

 

~flashback~

We decided to walk the kids to their homes after having breakfast. Luckily, they all live in the same apartment building. I noticed that SaJi looked a bit uncomfortable, probably because of her fall from the swing earlier, so I volunteered to take the kids into their apartment so she can rest for awhile, while she waited for me.

The kids and I proceeded to the elevator, “Which floors are your apartments?” they all held up five fingers, not answering me at all. Oh good, they live on the same floor, too.

I cleared my throat to get their attention, “I’ll treat you guys, again..”

“Jinja?” Seungho and Changsun said at the same time.

“Ne. well.. if you promise me one thing.”

Cheolyong looked up, “What is it, hyung?”

I bent down to the kids and whispered, “Let hyung marry SaJi noona first.” The little boys looked at me, then suddenly huddled in the corner of the elevator, clearly discussing their answer. After a moment, just in time when the elevator door opened, Seungho faced me, with the other kids behind him,

He looked up at me with serious eyes, “DEAL.” He said as he held his hand to seal their promise.

~end of flashback~

 

We were nearing the playground when my phone suddenly rang,

♫I wanna take you down I really wanna take you down Take you down, yeah…

“Yobosaeyo?” I could see, in my peripheral vision, SaJi’s amused face while she watched me.

I heard Doojoon’s infuriated voice on the other line as he asked where I have been all morning. I’m in heaven, hyung, with a beautiful angel dressed in her sweatpants. I thought as I glanced at her.

“I’ll be right over in a minute. I’m hanging up now. Bye-yeom!”

I turned to look at SaJi and said, “Mianhamnida, SaJi-ssi. I must go home now. I’m sorry I won’t be able to walk you home.” I bowed. She bowed, and I was about to leave when,

“Kim Shinyoung. Wait. Your hanky.” She said as she held her hand that I wrapped earlier.

“You keep it. I’ll go now.” I said looking at her blank face. “By the way, my name is not Kim Shinyoung, I’m Lee Gikwang.” I finally said, giving her my warmest smile.

She seemed to be taken aback for a moment, then she bowed, “Kamsahamnida, Gikwang-ssi.” She said with the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen. Then she quickly turned around and left.

Not bad for a future bride. My future bride.

~~~~

“Huh..? I think I’ve seen “that” before. He thought as the girl bent down again to reach her toes. He tilted his head to the left, his eyes focused entirely on “that” familiar part.” WHAT COULD THAT PART BE? Hehehe.

Hehe. We enjoyed writing this so much because of the MBLAQ kids J we hope you guys enjoy reading too^^

And yep, MBLAQ doesn’t exist in our story. They’re just a gang of little kids who claim the neighborhood’s playground as their territory.

So that means, just like the SS501 construction workers, the MBLAQ kiddos are going to do cameo roles throughout the story! Yey! :D

Xoxo,

Babycakes & Darling D.