Double Date (1/4)

A BEAST’S MAKE-BELIEVE TRUTH

 

CHAPTER 10: Double Date (1/4)

SaJi’s & 3rd Person’s POV

 

Looks like my first date is definitely not that bad at all.

Yoseob was pale white, sweating and still had this shocked look in his eyes.

 

My first date was going smoothly until Changsun-ah..  saw these rotating cups. Ugh..

 Just the thought of it makes me shivers…

“Kyaaa!! Look at them! Look at their cups, noona! They’re so slow! Hahaha!” Changsun laughed as he pointed at the innocent strangers on the other rotating cups. He held the steering wheel with a determined look on his face, and I knew exactly his plan.. and I was absolutely horrified of  what was about to happen.

But, before I could stop him he’s on it already. “Noona! Help me spin this cup faster! We’re gonna win.”

“Ugh.. Changsun-ah. I should have got hold of the steering wheel first.” Saji thought to herself as she remembered what just happened fifteen minutes ago. She clutched her head, looked up, and saw Changsun running off somewhere.

“Yah, Changsun-ah! Where— ”  Saji  tried to follow him but failed to do so.

“Noona, I’ll come back for you just stay there okay!” Changsun said as he smiled and went to a nearby stand of accessories.

Saji sat at the bench again and closed her eyes as she tilted her head backwards. I must be crazy, agreeing to Changsun-ah. Aigoo.. It’s like someone’s splitting my head into two… She sighed as she massaged her temple.

“Noona, why are you sleeping at the bench?” Saji opened her eyes and saw Changsun in front of her, frowning. “Ani, I’m not sleeping. I’m just—”

“I have a surprise!” Changsun brightly said, oblivious to Saji’s current condition. He had his hands on his back. “Mwo? What is it?” Saji said as she straightened her back.

He beamed and held out both his hands, “Look!” She looked at the kid’s hands and saw—

“Couple Rings! One for noona and one for me.” He said smiling, “Noona, put the Pikachu ring on me please.” Saji, amused at the thought, did what she was told. Then the kid held her hand and slipped the other ring on her pinky finger.

“Is this… Psyduck?” she asked with a confused smile plastered on her face. “Ne! Ne! ‘Cause I’m Pikachu and you’re Psyduck! Now the other kids won’t take you away from me anymore! Hahaha!” he said proudly.

“Mwo? But why Psyduck?”

“Because, noona, you’re… weird!” Saji raised an eyebrow. “.. and cute! Like Psyduck! Right? Right?”

Saji laughed at the kid’s cuteness and ruffled his hair. Ahh.. Jinja, this kid doesn’t fail to make me smile. Looks like my first date is definitely not that bad at all.

Saji stood up and held out her hand, “How ‘bout we go on the carousel now, Changsun-ah?” Changsun smiled and took her hand.

 

Yoseob’s & 3rd Person’s POV

 

“I know it would have been happier if it’s Lotte World since it’s your favorite theme park. Yeobo, mian—”

“Yeobo! Gwenchana, the important thing is we’re together, ne?” Yoo Ri said as she turned around to look at him. She squeezed his hand to assure him and smiled sweetly at him.

“But still, I feel like I need to make it up to you.” Aish.. out of all the days, why does lotte world’s machinery inspection has to be today?

“Yah. Yang Yoseob.. how about you buy me a ring then?” She was pointing at an accessories stand.

They went to the stand to buy couple rings. Then continued walking until they passed by a photobooth stall. Just when Yoseob was about to enter the stall, Yoo Ri pulled him out, “Yeobo! Yeobo! Look, tulips!”

“But—” I want to take a picture with you. But then Yoo Ri turned to look at him with puppy eyes, “Arasso, arasso. I’ll buy you tulips then.”

She smiled widely and led him to the flower stand, “Yay!”

After buying tulips for Yoo Ri, the couple continued walking. They were nearing the horror house and Yoseob was thinking of ways to avoid passing by the horror house since he knew that Yoo Ri is a scaredy cat.

To his surprise, out of the blue, Yoo Ri said, “Yeobo, how ‘bout we go to the horror house?”

“Huh? Wae? We’ve never gone to any horror house before. You’re scared of going to—”

“Not anymore…” she answered too coolly… and looked at him intently in the eyes.

After 45 minutes of screams, fright and horror they finally reached the exit. Yoo Ri was laughing, “Yeobo! It was fun! We should have gone to horror houses before! Ri—” she turned to look at Yoseob and laughed even more.

Yoseob was pale white, sweating and still had this shocked look in his eyes. “Yaah, how could you laugh after that? I think my heart just dropped out of my chest there!”

“Mianhae. Gwenchanna?” she said trying to hold back her laughter.

“No, I’m not okay. You ‘re laughing at me.” Yoseob said pouting.

“Aww.. Okay, okay. I won’t laugh at you anymore.  How about we eat some popcorn?” she said sweetly.

Yoseob couln’t say no to that face, “Arasso.” He said as he put his arm over her shoulders and led her to the snack house.

After buying the popcorn, they decided to go to the theatre house and watched Happy Feet 2. But throughout the movie, Yoseob couldn’t stop looking at Yoo Ri, “Mwo?”

“Ani.” he just smiled. I just missed you so much. I just had this feeling that you’re going to disappear on me again… He turned his head to watch but Yoo Ri leaned on his shoulder, “I missed you…” she told him then turned to watched again and whispered, “… too.

 

Yoseob was waiting for Yoo Ri to come out of the restroom. They just finished watching the movie and Yoo Ri said that she needed to retouch her makeup. She handed him the tulips and went straight for the restroom. Yoseob was so happy that they get to be with each other after a long time. He looked at the tulips and that reminded him that he had to ask Yoo Ri when did she moved out of her apartment and where did she moved in.

He kept on pacing back and forth, not really sure why he had this anxious feeling. He adjusted his cap and hood again so that people won’t notice him. He waited for another five minutes. Just then he heard Yoo Ri called him out, “Yeobo!” He looked up and saw her approaching him.

He smiled as thoughts of her filled his mind.

“Yeobo, Surprse! I prepared kimbap for you!” that one time she surprised me in one of our stage performances before we performed.

“Look! I can do it properly now, Yeobo. Yaay! All hail Yang Yoseob-seosangnim! Haha!” that time when I taught her how to ride the bicycle.

“Hahah Yeobo, I’m going to put hearts and stars on your name here.” “Yah! I’m a guy. Why put heart stickers there?” ”Okay.. then I’ll just draw something like this!! Ta-daa! Hahah!” that time when we were making our couple scrapbook and she drew flowers on my cheeks.

A smack on his arm woke him up, Yoo Ri waved her hand in front of his face, “Yah. Yang Yoseob, you looked dazed. What were you thinking?” Yoo Ri asked with a grin as if she knew what he was thinking. He smiled and held out his hand, “Nothing. Shall we?”

They walked hand in hand, “Let’s sit over there.”

“Arasso.” She said and squeezed his hand.

“By the way, Yeobo, where did you move—”

♪♫ Beautiful my girl.. so beautiful my girl and uh-uh-uh...♪♫

“Yobosaeyo?” she held up one finger and mouthed, “Chakkaman.” to Yoseob. She then move away a bit from him. The phone call seemed to be so important and serious. She kept glancing at Yoseob, as if she was worried for him. He couldn’t help but feel uneasy.  Wae… Why am I feeling this way?

Finally after about ten minutes of waiting, Yoo Ri ended the call and walked towards him. “Uhm… Yeobo, I have to go now. Something important came up. ”

“Mwo? What do you mean you ha—?”

“Mianhae, I really have to go now.” She started to walk off but after just two steps she turned around and hugged him tightly. “Yeobo, mianhae I have to leave you so suddenly. Don’t worry about me. Take good care of yourself okay? Saranghae, Yang Yoseob.” And with that, she left.

Yoseob was so stunned at the sudden situation. He couldn’t get himself to run after her. He squeezed his hands tightly and he realized that he still had her tulips. That woke him up. He looked up and a cold breeze met his face, “Chakkaman, Yoo Ri-ah!” he started to walk fast. “Yeobo, let me at least take you home!” people were now giving him stares but he didn’t care if any fans would recognize him.

He ran as fast as he could even if he couldn’t see Yoo Ri’s back anymore.

The next thing he knew, he had let go of the flowers because someone has bumped into him, “Yah! You! Come back here! You ruined the flowers! Yah!! Aish. I said come back here!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong! We’re back after quite a long time! Hello readers J

We’ve been lazy, we’re sorry! But the good news is we already have an outline until chapter 20! Yeeeeeeey!! So we’ll be writing and updating a lot more this time ^^

Thank you so much for waitng! We hope you like our update J

Subscribe, comment, and be friend us! ^^ and promote our story too, if it’s okay with you ^^

Xoxo,

Babycakes & Darling D.