Double Date (3/4)

A BEAST’S MAKE-BELIEVE TRUTH

 

CHAPTER 12: Double Date (3/4)

I kept myself busy by throwing imaginary daggers at her back, target 1, head, chuk! Bull’s eye. Target 2, nape, chuk! Bull’s eye. Target 3, bu—

 

“Noona.. can we buy cotton candy? Those bubblegum-flavored ones?” Aigoo, Lee Changsun.. “It’s not even an hour yet since you ate two hotdogs with gummy bears and marshmallows” I told him as I took the cola away from him and wiped his mouth.

“aigoo.. You probably have an anaconda inside your tummy! Tsk tsk tsk!” I heard him said. I frowned  and looked back, the was towering over us. I stood up and faced him, “Seriously, don’t you have anywhere else to go? Or somebody else to stalk? You’ve been following us everywhere for over 30 minutes already! Aish. Stop stalking us!”

“Do you like my noona that much? Stop following her, she’s already my girlfriend!”

I saw the rolled his eyes, “Oh please, kiddo. I don’t like girls who act like guys. I’m just here for the flowers she owe me.” He snorted.

“Well, same here. I don’t like guys who act like girls.” I raised an eyebrow and looked him from head to toe to emphasize what I meant. “Come on Changsun-ah, let’s go have some cotton candy.” I said and we quickly walked out on him.

 

Yoseob’s and 3rd person’s POV

Aish jinja! This hobbit is really getting on my nerves! I quickened my pace to keep up with them, but still I kept a reasonable distance from them. I kept myself busy by throwing imaginary daggers at her back, target 1, head, chuk! Bull’s eye. Target 2, nape, chuk! Bull’s eye. Target 3, bu—

She suddenly turned to me, sending me a death glare, as if she knew what exactly I was doing a moment ago. I smiled mockingly at her. She grimaced and made a ‘tsk’ sound before facing front again. I couldn’t help but chuckle, the hobbit looked… surprisingly cu— W-wait, what?! You are clearly hungry, Yang Yoseob.

Yoseob then quietly watched the ‘couple’ as they bought their cotton candies, and then followed them to a nearby wooden bench. He sat on the other wooden bench at their right. A few moments passed by, he kept glancing at the two who were cheerfully feeding each other, Aigoo.. look at these weirdos acting so cheesy. What a cradle-snatcher. he thought as he turned to glance at them once again. Which was not a good idea since SaJi was looking at him, smiling so wide,

“Yah, you.” She gestured for Yoseob to come over. Yoseob, so perplexed by her, came over without thinking. “M-mwo?”

She held up the cotton candy to him, all smiles, “You want some?” Yoseob still confused at SaJi’s unexpected actions, once again unconsciously, reached out to get some cotton candy from the stick, “Kamsahamni—“

“Go buy your own cotton candy then.” She said as she swiftly took back her cotton candy just when it was about an inch away from his reach. Changsun giggled, “hahaha Poor hyungnim!”

“Aish! You hob—“

“Mworagoyo? I didn’t offer mine, I just asked you, you know.” She said as-a-matter-of-factly then she high-fived with the kid who was still grinning.

“Aish! Just replace these tulips now! So I can go and leave you with your baby-sitting duties already!”

Changsun stood up on the bench, “This is not baby-stting. We are on date, hyungnim.” He seriously snapped back. “Changsun-ah, sit down. And stop shouting at him too, he’s still older than you. Arasso?” she said with a smile. “Ne, arasso, noona.”

Aigoo.. he acts like an angel to her but acts like a liitle devil to me! How could she even control this kid.. jin—

“You see that,” SaJi said to Yoseob while pointing to the rollercoaster on their left, “How about we make a deal? We ride that rollercoaster, if I scream, even just once, I will replace those tulips that you believed I ruined. But, if you scream, even just once, you’ll leave us alone. You already have an advantage since it’s gonna be my first time. Deal?”

Yoseob looked at the rollercoaster then looked at her, “Sure. Sounds fair to me.” He then looked at the rollercoaster, Ugh.. just what did I get myself into? Aish.. This will probably be a long ride. He swallowed nervously.

 

 

“Noona! Did you win? Did you win?” I heard him said to her as I stumbled my way to find a trash bin, aish I’m never riding that thing again! Thank God, there’s a trash bin near the exit, I quickly ducked my head and there goes my breakfast and lunch. Eew.

I heard her laughing behind me, pissed off, I quickly turned to face her but I wasn’t able to say anything because the moment I faced her, why-why are you doi—

“Mwo? What are you so shocked about?” she said in between laughing while she wiped my mouth with a tissue, “I just pity you, that’s all.” I tilted my head to the side to meet her eyes,

“I didn’t know hobbits have hearts.”

With that remark, SaJi shoved the tissue to Yoseob’s mouth, fortunately for him, his mouth was already closed.

“Yah, noona, did you win over him?”

The two adults looked at each other, knowing that they were thinking of the exact same thing.. which is the experience of their first-ever rollercoaster ride…

                After a few minutes of waiting in line and walking Changsun to the exit, they were finally seated at the very front of the rollercoaster ride. Yoseob looked a bit anxious but very determined at the same time, while SaJi seemed relaxed with it but you can see in her eyes that she’s also quite excited. When the attendant finally put down the safety device and double checked each passenger, Yoseob turned to SaJi and smirked, “’you ready to lose, Hobbit?”

                SaJi raised one eyebrow, “Baka ikaw, Manyak (It’s you who’ll lose, ).” She then retorted and smiled innocently knowing that Yoseob didn’t understand what she said.

                Yoseob frowned, “Mwo? Stop using your alien tongue, Hobbit.”

                She opened to say something but was stopped by the attendants’ voice, “Passengers, please hold on to your safety devices ‘cause you’re gonna be off in 5, ”

                “4,”

                “3,”

                “2,” Yoseob gulped while SaJi inhaled deeply. “1!”

                WHOOOOOOOSH!!! They heard the ride started its engine.

                SaJi now could feel the ride moving upward slowly. She was squeezing the handle bars of the safety device.  It gave her such mixed chills of excitement and tension that she was not aware how petrified her rival is beside her. He was so anxious of what would become of him after the ride that he was unconsciously gripping the safety device itself, not the handle bars. Sweat started to form on his forehead. He could see the peak where the real ‘rollercoaster ride’ begins.

                God, please let me live after this. I still have the mission to torture this Hobbit beside me for making me do something I have never done in my whole life, Yoseob thought.

                And then it happened. The rollercoaster plunged down. Everyone was screaming wildly except for two people; SaJi tightly closed preventing any scream to escape but her eyes were full of anticipation and excitement, while Yoseob, on the other hand, was biting his lips so hard that it could bleed, to keep his mouth shut.

                After the first plunge, he could feel the ride tilted to the left then to the right and started a vertical loop. He peeked and as soon as he saw that they were nearing another top which was a bit higher than the first one, his eyes automatically closed.

                I can endure this!! You survived the first peak, you’ll survive the rest! You can do it, Yoseob! You can do it, Yoseob! Yoseob you’re the best!  He chanted in his mind.

                The coaster then went into a double vertical loop that slowed down whenever they reached the middle and they were hanging upside down. The people were now shouting for the gods, saints, nature spirits and their moms but still the two people at the very front remained silently focused. It then went into a short straight trail until it slanted in a left-right-left pattern, faster than before.

                Hahahaha! This is so much fun! She thought and looked at Yoseob, What a weakling! You’re definitely gonna lose to me.

                SaJi faced forward and saw the last and highest peak of the ride.

                Wooahh!! ‘Eto na! ‘Eto na talaga! (This is it! This is really it!), she thought and a wide excited smile formed on her lips.

                3,

                2,

                1!! Big plunge, here we goo!! SaJi thought.

                In his mind, Yoseob was chanting again,You can do it, Yoseob! You can do it, Yoseob!

                He gulped,

                “Yoseob you’re the b— Kyaaaaaaaa!!! UMMA!!! UMMAAAAAAAAA!!!”

                “Mwhahahaahahahah!!” SaJi bursted out laughing and looked at him, “You’re such a wimp!”

                He glared at her, momentarily forgetting his nervousness. “Fun right?” SaJi sarcastically asked. She coolly faced ahead and said with a smirk, “Well, look at that, it seems like the fun isn’t over yet.”

                Yoseob looked to the front and his eyes widened at the sight of the approaching triple vertical loop,

                “U-UMMA.. UMMAAAAAA!!!  WAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! &$#!@%$ #@!!! YOU’RE DEAD MEAT, YOU HOBBIT!”

                “HAHAHAHAHA!! WOOOHOOO!!” SaJi screamed at the top of her lungs, louder than everyone else, as she flailed her hands wildly in the air. It was truly the best ride ever.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Not finished yet! This will be four parts now.

Watch out for the last part of “Double Date”.

Subscribe, comment, befriend (us), and don’t forget to promote our story!

Thank Youuuu dear readers. :D

 

Xoxo,

Babycakes and Darling D.