Double Date (2/4)

A BEAST’S MAKE-BELIEVE TRUTH

 

CHAPTER 11: Double Date (2/4)

“Yah, you with the Psyduck beanie! Replace my flowers!”

“Yah! You! Come back here! You ruined the flowers! Yah!! Aish. I said come back here!”

He hesitated about running after the person; he quickly looked back at where he was supposed to be going, running after Yoo Ri. In the end, he chose to follow his heart which was to follow and look for Yoo Ri, but just as he was about to pick up the tulips, his phone beeped, and it was Yoo Ri who texted him.

Message: Yeobo, I’ve safely ridden a taxi ..

I’m on my way home. You don’t have to worry, arasso?^^

Saranghae, my Yang Yoseob <3

- your Yeobo, Jung Yoo Ri

From: (^_^) my Angel (^_^)

Yoseob immediately tried to call her as soon as he finished reading the message, but the number was busy, so instead he sent a message right away.

To: (^_^) my Angel (^_^)

Arasso. But, please call me as soon as you reach home, okay?

You forgot to tell me where your new apartment is, and the tulips that

I bougt for you, too. L

Anyway, I’ll just buy you tulips again ^^

Jodo dangshinul saranghae (I love you, too) Chu ~ <3

 

“Shillye hamnida (Excuse me). Are these flowers yours, hyungnim?” Yoseob turned around and saw a little boy holding out Yoo Ri’s tulips that were now a wreck.

He took the ruined tulips, “Ne, kamsahamnida.” Aish. Now where’s that jerk who caused this? I’m going to teach him a lesson! Aha! That’s him!  He thought as he saw the teenage boy on the nearby hotdog stand. Tsk! A Psyduck fanatic. Pathetic. He glanced at his pinky and winced. If it wasn’t for Yoo Ri I wouldn’t wear this Psyduck ring. He pouted. I like the Jigglypuff better..

 He looked back at the teenager, You’re really gonna get it!

He walked full of determination and the moment he reached the hotdog stand, he couldn’t contain it anymore,

“Yaah! YAH, you!! How can you even think about eating after causing such ruckus?! Don’t you have any manners at all?! Yah! How dare you even pretend not to hear me at all! Replace these flowers that you ruined!”

However, the teenager didn’t seem bothered at all. And that pissed Yoseob even more.

 

SaJi’s POV

“Noona, look! Hotdog! Let’s buy some hotdogs!” with that, he left my side in a blink of an eye.

“Yah, Lee Changsun! Chakkaman! Chakkaman!” I quickly paid for the beanies that we were wearing, one Pikachu and one Psyduck,Aish, nagpabili-bili ng beanie tapos biglang mangiiwan!(He told me to buy him these then he’d just leave like that!), and ran at once, worried that I would lose him in this sea of people coming from all directions! “Changsun-ah!” aish! This kid really, after all the rides, he still has the energy to run!

I didn’t want people to think I was rude, but I didn’t have the time to say sorry to all the people I ran into, because, believe it or not, this 6-year-old kid runs like an athlete.

As soon as I reached the hotdog stand, Changsun didn’t even give me a chance to catch my breath, “Noona, you’re so sloooow! I win! I win the race, I win the race! So now you have to buy me hotdogs!” he said proudly.

“Haah! Haaah! Haah!” after finally catching my breath, I looked up and saw Changsun grinning at me. He then raised three fingers, “Two.. Buy me two hotdogs!”

I laughed while I put one of his fingers down, “Aigoo.. Changsun-ah this is two, ‘kay?” I straightened up. Changsun seemed like he was still deciding if he’ll believe what I just said. Funny kid.

“Ahjussi, two hotdogs for this kid please.”

“What toppings and sauces would you like me to put?”

I looked at Changsun to ask him, “Wha—”

“I want gummy bears for my toppings please. And strawberry flavored marshmallows too.”

The vendor chuckled, “But kid we have none of that here. How about some bacon?”

“Aniyo.. Aniyooo.” Changsun said with a determined look. “Changsun-ah but they don’t have it here..” I said to him.

“But.. but I want—” and with that tears started to form on his eyes. Naku po. (Uh-oh). Then he began crying.  “I want gummy buursss.. and.. and.. marshhhmanjoooo…”

“Yah, yah, Changsun-ah stop crying. How about we just buy gummy bears and marshmallow after we buy hotdogs?” I said while I rubbed his back to comfort him. He just ignored me and kept crying, though. Oh please, God help me. “Ahjussi, can you tell me where’s the nearest candy store?” He then told me where the candy store is.

To my surprise, I heard Changsun stopped crying, he then tugged on my shirt, “Hik, hik. Noona, there’s a scary guy shouting at us..” he said as he pointed somebody on our side. I looked at the direction to where the kid was pointing at…

“Yah, you with the Psyduck beanie! Replace my flowers!” the hooded man said.

I frowned and looked around to check if he was talking to me. I pointed to myself, “Shillye hamnida (Excuse me), but are you talking to me?”

“Ne,” he said as he walked nearer to me, “you’re the only one with the pathetic Psyduck beanie here.”

Pathetic? That’s too much for a stranger….Wait a minute I know this guy!

 “Si manyak! (The !)” I said aloud, unconsciously pointing at him.

“Psyduck is not pathetic!” Changsun said as he stepped forward as if protecting me from the .

“Ah.. No wonder, it’s you. The waitress without manners, and now you’re even influencing this kid so badly!” he smugly said.

That’s it! I put Changsun behind me and tilted my chin, “I’m not a bad influence! You don’t even know me that well! I do know my manners!”

“Yes, she’s not a bad influence! And you don’t know her that well! She knows her manners well too!” Changsun butted in.

“Yeah right! You bumped into me and didn’t say sorry or even looked back! How’s that for someone who knows her manners? Replace these flowers!” he held out the tattered tulips to her face.

Aish.. I shoved the flowers back to him, “Why would I replace those? It’s not my fault!”

“Yeah! Why would noona replace those? It’s not her fault!”

“How dare you lie and deny ruining these flowers? You should be responsible enough t—”

“Here’s your hotdogs, Miss.” I heard the ahjussi said. I quickly took our paid hotdogs and get a hold of Changsun’s hand. “Let’s go, Changsun-ah. We’re wasting our time here.” I said and we walked off right away. I could hear him shouting, “Yah! What the— Come back here and replace these flowers! Aish, jinja!”

“Stop shouting at my girlfriend!” I laughed at Changsun’s retort at him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double update for ya’ll! We’re gonna make it up to you. :D

 

Xoxo,

Babycakes & Darling D.