Chapter 5

Broken Engrish
Eunhyuk opened his eyes. He glanced the alarm clock's screen, it was 6am. His body felt exhausted and sweaty, he thought he had slept badly again. 
His head felt empty as if memories of the last night had vanished in the thin air. 
 
- A FLASHBACK -
 
"Me sorry." Donghae apologized and took two steps backwards. Eunhyuk didn't know how to react, his mind was completely blown. He nodded and coughed up a bit, to notify he was moving on the next point.
 
The time flies, that's what people say, so happened also this time. After the lesson Donghae showed up and apologized for him again, judging by the expression on his face, he was truly sorry about the mess he had caused. Hyukjae had no choice than to ask him to have a lunch, which was the least he could do to prove he wasn't angry because of the misunderstanding.
 
"So, Donghae.. What'd you like to have for lunch?" Hyukjae asked, soaking wine to his friend's glass.
 
"I don't know." Donghae said glancing the menu. They had no sweet heart here.
 
"Uh.. That's okay, we have time to think." 
 
"Good evening, what'd you like to have for lunch? Any favourites there on the menu?" A waiter asked, Donghae looked at him, looking confused.
 
"I'm sorry, my friend's English is not that fluent yet so I'm going to make the orders. Well.. How about meatballs, they're always so tasty, ain't so spicy." Hyukjae mumbled, sliding his finger on the menu while speaking.
 
"Yeah. I like meat and balls! So good!" Donghae smiled and clapped his hands together.
 
The waiter nodded silently and asked;
 
"How about desserts? I can recommend you tea with raspberry ripple, a fruit fool is also worth of tasting."    
 
"Me no fool! Wha is raspy nipp-" Donghae spoke up but Eunhyuk cut off his sentence. 
 
"We'll taste the 'fruit fool' thank you." And to Donghae he whispered;
 
"We're not going to order any , buddy."
 
At that moment Eunhyuk realized something. His hangover was all gone and he still kept hearing broken English, speaken by Donghae. Hae's English skills showed some signs of that he had barely taken any courses of English and that he wasn't able to work in a English daycare center.
Regarding to that, Hyukjae arrived at a conclusion of making a mistake while hiring people. Donghae had been the one to send the ridiculous job application.
 
"So, if I offer you free English courses, are you willing to take them?" Hyukjae asked, sipping his wine. He didn't want to fire Donghae either, he had seen how children loved him. Educating him would be a step on a right direction.
 
"Yeah. I ganna learn." Donghae said, firmly.
 
"Good, so enjoy your meal, sweetheart. It's been a while now since I ate in a restaurant." Hyukjae said politely, smiling. If Donghae learnt to speak fluent English it'd give the whole team loads of credence, in addition Hyukjae sorts of enjoyed Donghae's accompany, he didn't know why.
Maybe he had been too lonely for a too long time.
 
***
 
That was all Eunhyuk was able to remember. He couldn't tell if they had just eaten and headed home or gone somewhere else after finishing their meals. Briefly, he felt this was the hangover part two. 
 
"Geez, why do I have this headache again?" 
 
For some unaccountable reasons Hyukjae's friend, called Sam, had ended up living with him. Sam had needed a temporary place to live in, so Eunhyuk had lent his helping hand to Sam and asked if he'd like to live in his apartment. Sam had agreed and they had became housemates, rather roommates because they usually slept in a same bed. How ridiculous it sounds, but all they really did was sleeping because Hyuk was scared of sleeping alone.
 
Sam was usually the first to wake up, but this morning he was still sleeping.
 
"Sam.. Sam? C'mon dude wake up, it's 6am already." 
 
No answer.
 
"Sam?" Eunhyuk asked again, patting his friend's sleepy head. He couldn't see Sam's face as he was sleeping and facing the wall.
 
"What.. Six.. Sweet heart.. "
  
Eunhyuk startled. It wasn't Sam who was sleeping next to him. 
 
"D-Donghae?"