Chapter 4

Broken Engrish
Children really liked Donghae, although he wasn't able to communicate with them so fluently. And Donghae liked his job, he really did. He had always dreamed about becoming a father and having children who he'd love more than anything. Now he had, at least, an opportunity to play with these kids and to feel how it felt like to be a dad, just for a second.
 
"Fishy!" Donghae had already taught these children his nickname.
 
"Yes?"
 
"Can you read this book to me?" A child asked and handed a book to him. Donghae nodded, smiling, and started to read out loud.
 
"This is di- .. No. This is duck. Look! Duck is red." He started, pointing at a duck who was reading.
 
"But duck is yellow! Not red!" 
 
"Oh. Me is stupid. Duck reads a book." Donghae corrected, laughing at his own mistake. He really enjoyed reading to children. They always enjoyed listening to him, although his pronunciation wasn't so clear and he always kept misleading the story by his own comments. It was the opposite with people working under the hotel business. They always kept misunderstanding him and the custom service was anything but working. 
Considering the bad room service, Donghae had planned looking for a new apartment. 
 
"So you're planning to leave the hotel?" His workmate asked while they were having a break. 
 
"Yeah. They are bad." Donghae said, sipping his tea and munching a piece of apple pie that he had bought on his way to the daycare center.
 
"Ah I see, that's too bad. How about our boss? Do you like our girl?" 
 
"Girl?" Donghae asked, wondering if he had gotten something wrong.
 
"Yes, we're all calling Hyuk like that, and that person doesn't even care! Because Hyukjae is girly, I mean.. I bet you haven't seen anything as girly as him." His workmate explained and Donghae's other workmate, called Harry, joined the conversation.
 
"He's right! Our little girl is really girly. By the way, why is he taking tons of painkillers today? Hangover? And hi, I'm Harry, nice to meet you."
 
"Yeah. Hurry Hurry." Donghae shake hands with his workmate. 
 
"Exactly, Hurry-Harry. Anyways, I think Hyuk was helping his friends or something? To me he said he was trying to make their ends meet. I thought that had something to do with financial problems.." 
 
"Financial problems? Is that kind of problem solved by drinking beer? Maybe Hyukkie was dating one of those guys again, you know what I mean.." Hae's other workmate, whose name he didn't remember, said and smirked.
 
Donghae didn't get what were they talking about. All he got was talk about his girl boss, who was girly. He was confused, totally confused. Was this something what people called gender-ambiguity, when you aren't able to tell in which gender person belongs to. But Hyukjae's name was definitely Korean and it belonged to a man, how could he be.. Something else?
 
"But Hyukjae name-" Donghae said and frowned.
 
"-he's adopted. Long long time ago. And his parents wanted to give him a Korean name, just to remind where he really comes from. It's quite weird, of course, but that's what people do. Giving names without thinking what it'd cause.. Bullying for example." Harry said and took a piece of apple pie by himself.  
 
"Hyuk .. Aroused?" Donghae smiled, finally he had gotten something right.
 
His workmates had no time to answer because Eunhyuk, abruptly, patted Donghae's shoulder.
 
"Ahem. I don't want to interrupt but we have a 'orientation lesson' now. The break is now over. Let's all move to my office, okay?" Hyukjae said, leading the group to his office.
 
"Yeah. I'm oh-gay." Donghae said and stood up. His workmates froze, staring at him.
 
"Well.. That's nice." Eunhyuk shook his head. His sense of hearing was still anything but great.
 
The orientation lesson was all about comforting a child. The lesson was arranged by Hyukjae and he was the one to talk about the subject. As he was the boss now, he had responsibility to develop his candidates as good workers.  
 
"Okay, first, when a child is crying the best way to comfort him/her is to hug them. Like.. I'll give you an example, Donghae come here please. I'm a child, I'm sad, I'm crying. What should Donghae do? Hug me? Yes, he should hug me."
 
Donghae went there and hugged his boss, like he'd hug a child who's crying. Middle of the hug he realized something really important was missing and somehow his hands were placed on Hyukjae's chest as a result of his confusion. 
 
"No poops! Is you man?" He cried out.
 
---
 
Sorry for the mistakes (if there are some) I'm so tired.. Ganna sleep, I'm goodnight xD