Chapter 13

Broken Engrish

It had been few hours since Donghae had seen Hyukjae and Xue hugging each other, maybe they might have started to make out if he had stayed for any longer. Seeing Eunhyuk with someone else had hurt him more than he had expected. He had just discovered his true feelings and became familiar with them, but now that all had been just a waste of time. Donghae had wasted the half of his time in London by running after a guy who was taken and in addition, his good friend and boss. He had wasted his time by writing useless confession letters in broken English, which apparently never arrived at their destination. Donghae had arrived at a conclusion of Xue taking them away, to protect his boyfriend or so.

Boyfriend. That word sounded bittersweet to him. He wasn't capable to keep himself from crying, tears falling down his cheeks he sat on the couch of his hotel room. What the hell he was doing in this hotel anymore? He was supposed to find a new apartment, to move there and invite his friends  for the midday tea. But life hadn't been that easy. And did he even have the friends to invite? The only friends he had made here were Harry, (Donghae thought he would like to pay a visit for sure but he was always hurry with his new house and garden.) and Hyukjae. Hyukjae had been the one since he had moved to London. 

Friends. They could still be friends and hang out like nothing never happened, but a thought of that didn't satisfy Donghae at all. He had wanted to be more, wanted to play the part Xue had taken now. Wanted to have fun with his Hyukjae, who for the newly revealed reasons wasn't his hyukjae anymore. He had never been Donghae's and would never be.

Donghae sniffled. He had to move on. To find something to distract his thoughts for a while. He recalled he had booked a dvd last night and decided to give it a try. People had no bad word to say about that movie so Donghae was convinced it would live up to his expectations, and it did. It was a heartbreaking story about a man who had lost his son after his wife's brutal death and Donghae was able to identify with the main character pretty well, as they both had just lost something. Donghae spent the rest of the night by watching it through at least twice, both in Korean and English.

***

Meanwhile in Xue's little studio Hyukjae tried to fit himself in a small white dress. As far-fetched as it may sound, Eunhyuk had obeyed to try it his sights set on making Donghae smile again. He wanted to do anything to see a smile on Donghae's face although he had disobeyed in the first place, telling Xue he wouldn't wear a dress because it could clearly affect his image, if someone saw him walking around dressed like that. But he could do anything for Donghae, anything.

"Are you sure this will work?" Hyukjae asked, doubting if this was a good idea or not.

"I have no idea." Xue chuckled and took a blonde wig from his bag, handing it over Hyukjae. But when he saw Hyuk's glare he shrugged and added 
"You will never know, unless you go to the trouble of trying." 

Xue was right. Eunhyuk would be stuck with a huge pain in his heart for good if he didn't try to do something for now. To put it bluntly, he knew Donghae would cry himself to sleep, worrying and suffering from a heart ache. Eunhyuk had seen early on that Donghae was an emotional person, and there was nothing bad with being that way in general, but it was hard for Hyuk keep himself from hurting Hae. He didn't want to see any tears on Donghaes face anymore and now he was going to make sure that this problem would get solved, thoroughly. He was going to speak his mind and tell everything that had been left unsaid earlier.

"Oh c'mon! I never thought I would wear any lipstick." Hyukjae whined but let Xue to do the make-up part as he knew it better. 

"Don't get hot under the collar my dear. You'll buy that you'll be the prettiest Marilyn over here." Xue giggled and swung Hyukjae's chair around so he could look in the mirror. 

Eunhyuk didn't know what to say. If it wasn't for the fact that the guy in his reflection was he by himself he would have said that it looked beautiful. Xue knew his job, absolutely. For a second he thought if clothing like this happened to be in fashion he could consider wearing dress in a daycare center to entertain the children. Children would love it, as he looked like a copy of Marilyn Monroe from the covers of fashion magazines. 

"What do you think, it isn't that bad, huh?" Xue asked and patted Hyukjae's shoulder. 

"I.. I don't know. I look different." Eunhyuk said, suddenly really shyly. He was ready to go, ready to make the one he liked, smile again. Seeing his smile would be worth of these weird dressing games. It definitely would.

Xue opened the door of his hotel room and stepped in the corridor to make sure the coast was clear. It would have added insult to injury if someone had seen the Marilyn Hyukjae before he would get into Donghae's room. That would be a disaster. 

"Okay you can go now." Xue said it low and nodded as a sign of encouragement. 
"You can do it." 

Hyukjae sighed and stepped into the corridor sneaking carefully behind the door of Doghaes hotel room. There was a knock to that door and Hyukjae stood there, waiting for the answer heart beating crazily. Donghae would wether be horrified or laugh at him. Any reaction was good, Hyukjae thought, but he hoped mostly for the last one.

"Who ar.. Who are you?" Donghae's unsure voice shouted. 

"Room service. There's a present someone left for you." Hyukjae wheedled back with a high and feminine voice. He felt himself like an idiot trying to imitate a woman as well as he could.

"They take my son! I am sad!" Donghae shouted back, his voice trembling. Hyukjae frowned and glanced at Xue wondering what to do. Xue just nodded and told him to continue.

"Could you open the door mister, this is important." Hyukjae begged and swore to god he was going to kill Xue if someone had heard or seen him doing something like this.

"Do.. Don't. No. I'm a hamster!" Hyukjae nearly bursted in laugh, what was he talking about?

"A monster! No hamster!" Donghae clearly corrected himself and walked towards the door of his hotel room judging by the footsteps. Hyukjae waited, finally he would get to see the smile of Donghae's. 

The door opened and seeing Marilyn Hyukjae, Donghae looked more confused than either happy or sad. 
"Xue.. Hyuk- .. Hyukjae?" He asked boggling which one this person was. 

"Lee Marilyn this time." Hyukjae smiled and asked if he could come in and talk about things for a while. Donghae smiled and nodded

"I watching Finding Nemo and learn English! So fun!" He laughed and sat again on the couch. Hyukjae had already gotten what he had mostly wanted, the laugh and smile of Donghae's. And sitting on the couch next to him, he realized what was that hamster talk about. Donghae was watching the movie Finding Nemo and apparently tried to learn English from it.
 Hyukjae looked at Donghae, his heart beating hard. He bet he was all red from the face as he felt the hottness on his cheeks. He knew it wasn't the make-up, he was clearly blushing. He came here to talk and now he should say it. Should say the words out loud that had been left unsaid. 

"D-donghae.. I.. Me .. Marilyn.. " he felt like choking to his words. He cursed inside of his head, it couldn't be this hard to confess his feelings. 

"Marilyn-Hyuk! So cute!!" Donghae chuckled and looked at Hyukjae, questioning what was he up to. 

"I-I.. " hyukjae stuttered and bit his lip, leaning closer. He didn't know what was he doing as he raised Donghaes chin with his fingertips and pulled his face closer, looking him into eyes. He couldn't stand Donghae's cuteness anymore, the pure attractive innocence that shined on his lips and curly hair. It screamed him to touch Donghae, asked him to besmear Donghae's lips with the lipstick. And so he did. 

Hyukjae's mind was a blank when it happened, but kissing Donghae, he knew what was he doing. And it felt right.

 

--- 

 

There you go, a longer chapter with little fluff this time kk ~ I promise to update this more often as I'm on a vacation now so stay tuned and keep leaving comments and votes and etc~ I love them thank you! ^^ /phew ive updated two fics today, enough of writing for now haha..