Chapter 42

Don't Hesitate to Steal My Heart Away (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 42

 

 

''I don't know what to do.''



 

D.O’s pov


 

‘’What’s wrong Min Hee? And who is that young lady?’’ I questioned. ‘’Uh...’’ Min Hee stammered. Her eyes darted back and forth to Jung Ah and Kai. I was just about to ask her what was going on before Kai slightly pushed past me and walked straight into the living room. ‘’What in the world are you doing here?’’ His voice boomed.


 

A serious and annoyed expression settled upon his face. I turned towards Jung Ah, everyone seemed as clueless as me. Just what was happening? I shortly left my place near the door and strolled over to Min Hee. I had no idea why, but there was an uneasy feeling in my stomach. ‘’Kwenchana?’’ I whispered to her. She swallowed and nodded slowly. I knew she was lying. It was written all over her face. Something was off and i knew for sure that it had something to do with this strange lady standing behind her.


 

I took a hold of Min Hee’s hands and reassured her with my smile. She opened to say something but was rudely interrupted by the lady. ‘’Are you by any chance Kyungsoo?’’ She asked. I froze at the mention of my real name. ‘’H-how do you know me?’’ I asked slowly. ‘’Omo! Your Do Kyungsoo!’’ She shrieked and threw her arms around me, suffocating me with her strong perfume. My eyes screamed for help at Min Hee who looked even more nervous. ‘’Oppa...that's Soo Jin….’’ She whispered.


 

Min Hee’s pov


 

We were all awkwardly seated in the living room. I held my breath, afraid of saying anything because i knew what was happening. Kyungsoo folded his arms and gulped quietly. I peered at the couch Soo Jin and Kai were sitting at. He seemed extremely irritated and uncomfortable, mostly because Soo Jin was completely squashed up next to him and fixing his hair. But even with all of that, i noticed that his eyes haven’t left Jung Ah at all.

 

I finally looked at unnie, who was seated directly in front of us on the long couch alone. A mental pain hit me and i wanted to hide. Afraid to have her find out everything. She kept her eyes trailed on the wooden floor. I sensed her cramped feeling, but i couldn’t do anything. I only felt sorry.

 

The silence continued on for what seemed like forever. The dark secrets i knew were eating at me and i could no longer hold it in. I fished out my phone and typed in everything i knew.


 

D.O’s pov


 

Min Hee was typing away at her phone, i didn’t know why, but i didn’t ask. I really didn’t know what to do or say when my phone vibrated. Swiftly, i pulled my phone out and checked my message.


 

From Cupcake:

 

‘’Oppa…..Kai and Soo Jin are engaged.’’


 

‘’WHAT?!’’ I yelled out. Everyone stopped and stared at me. Min Hee gave me a certain look. I murmured a quick apology before turning back to the text message. I had to be reading this all wrong. ‘’I didn’t know that you and Min Hee were together! I always thought you guys had a brother/sister relationship! Always taking care of each other and having each others back!’’ Soo Jin gushed. ‘’..no..we are together.’’ Min Hee shakily replied. I rubbed her back momentarily. Of course she was having a difficult time digesting all this information. I had many questions, but i knew it wasn’t the time to ask.


 

Jung Ah's pov


 

My hands began trembling and my palms started to sweat. What was he doing here? Why would he come? Was he trying to make me more uncomfortable? I clenched my clammy hands together and stared at the ground. I could hear my own heartbeat beating loudly through my ears. I didn't want to look at him. I shouldn't....i couldn't. I didn't know his purpose of being here, but i knew for sure i wanted to leave. ''Omo! where did you get that necklace?'' Shouted the strange girl sitting next to kai.


 

Her loud voice startled me from my thoughts. I quickly looked up with alarmed eyes. ''It's so pretty!'' She stood up from her seat and walked over to me. I looked down and saw my treasured necklace between my fingers. I guess i didn't realize i was playing with it this entire time. ''Oh..this?'' I nervously laughed. ''It's just a gift from a friend.'' I replied with a short smile. My eyes fell on Kai who was staring right back at me. A sorry and shocked expression on his face. My heart was weak, so i dropped my gaze again.


 

''What does J <3 J mean?'' She asked. ''It's nothing.'' i muttered and tucked my necklace in my shirt. ''Ah...Is it your lover?'' She grinned and wiggled her eyebrows at me. ''Anyia...'' I whispered back, a bit uncomfortable. ''It's okay, you don't have to be embarrassed about it.'' She playfully said.


 

Flashback


 

''What are you doing?'' I eyed Kai suspiciously. ''Me? I'm not doing anything.'' He scratched his head and looked away. ''Yah. You don't think i know that look? Seriously what is up with you.'' I huffed and leaned back on the bench. ''Why? Will you be mad at me if i don't tell you?'' He cooed and lifted my chin with his fingertips. ''yah..stop it.'' I moved his hand away from my face and faced away from him. ''Jung Ah.'' I heard him call. I didn't respond. ''Kim Jung Ah.'' Kai tried again. He chuckled a bit which annoyed me even more. ''How did i know you were going to act like this?'' He said aloud with another small laugh. I could see him smiling even though i wasn't looking.

 

I felt the bench move a bit and i figured he got up and left. Where did he go? Why did he leave me? I was just about to turn around when a sparkling diamond necklace dropped from his hand in front of my eyes. I whipped around, but that was a mistake because he captured my lips in such a surprise. Out of shock a pushed him back. ''Yah!'' I yelled and quickly stood up. ''Ooow'' He winced and grabbed his stomach. ''It hurts Jung Ah, help me.'' He held a hand out. ''Yah....kwenchana?'' I asked worriedly. ''I immediately rush to him. ''where does it hurt?'' I asked. He stopped complaining and slowly smiled at me. ''Were you really worried?'' He asked with a giant grin. ''Yah. Was this a joke?'' I frowned and crossed my arms. ''It actually did hurt though.'' He reached out and and dropped the necklace in the palm of my hands. ''What is this?'' I asked while admiring it. ''What do you mean what is it? It's a necklace.'' He said.

 

 

I flipped it over and ran my thumb over the silver lettering on the back. J <3 J ''Jung Ah and Jongin.'' He explained with a soft smile. ''Here.'' He took the necklace and walked behind me. I felt the cool sensation of the metal against my skin as he placed it around my neck. ''Gomawo.'' I whispered with a shy smile. He rested his chin on my shoulder and hummed. ''Saranghae.'' He said and kissed the side of my head.

 

 

''It's okay, you don't have to be embarrassed about it.'' She playfully said bringing me back to reality. ''By the way my name is Soo Jin. Park Soo Jin. Daughter of Park Won Shik. Ceo of a very well known fashion company in China.'' Soo Jin said perkily. ''Ah..i'm Kim Jung Ah.'' I said quietly. ''Thats a pretty name! How old are you?'' She kept bombarding me with questions i didn't want to answer.

 

''Unnie are you thirsty? I'll get everyone drinks.'' Min Hee suddenly said. ''Ooh...your Min H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter