Chapter 39

Don't Hesitate to Steal My Heart Away (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 39- ''Is This The End?''

 

 

 

Your eyes fluttered open, meeting the delicate sunrays seeping through the whispy white curtains. Yawning, you pulled the covers off revealing your outfit. You weren't in your usual t-shirt and shorts, but in Kai's white button up. A soft smile appeared on your pink lips as you scratched your head. The vivid memories of him caressing your body made you blush heavily. You sighed and tried to erase the images from your mind. You turned your head in hopes to find a sleeping Kai next you. 

 

It was empty.

 


Panic aroused as you scurried out of the tangled sheets. You didn't even take one full step before stumbling down to the floor. A sharp burning pain in your lower region ached. You cringed at the pain. Tears rolled down your cheeks. You couldn't move, couldn't stand up, you couldn't leave the room to see if Kai was there or not. You let your head fall down the hard wood floor, your left hand trying to ease the throbbing pain in your lower abdomen. You gasp at the discomfort. It really hurt and you weren't able to do anything. Squeezing your eyes shut, you slowly stood up and took one step closer to the door before your legs gave way and you fell back down. You gritted your teeth at the stinging irratation. You groaned and hugged your legs, burrying your face in your knees.

 

It wasn't long before you heard footsteps and soon warm arms wrapped around your shivering body. ''Hey....why are you out of bed? You should be resting.......does it hurt a lot?'' Kai asked worriedly. You lifted your face. Tears blurrying your vision. The pain didn't matter anymore. You shakily held his face in between your hands and sobbed. He was really there. He didn't leave or anything. ''Jung Ah....'' He wiped your tears away and rubbed your cheek. You threw your arms around his neck and cried. He hugged you back, rocking you back and fourth in his lap. ''I'm here baby.....i didn't leave.'' He soothingly whispered. You choked and hugged him tighter. ''Jung Ah, if you squeeze me any tighter i'm going to faint in your arms.'' He jokingly said. You instantly loosened your grip and slumped back. ''Mianhae...'' You wiped your flushed face with the back of your hand.

 

''Does it still hurt?'' He eyed your legs. ''Anyia...it doesn't.'' You lied and hugged your legs. ''Oh really?'' He pulled one of your legs towards him causing you to yelp at the agony. He side smiled. ''You can't lie to me.'' He said. You didn't say anything. ''I guess i should be apoligizing since i went too rough on you.'' He smirked and lifted you up in his arms bridal style and set you back down on the bed. ''Do you want to take some medicene? A gentle massage maybe? Or another round?'' He cocked his head to the side the bit his bottom lip. You sat up and smacked his arm. ''Yah! Are you trying to put me in a wheelchair?'' You scrowled and crossed yours arms. ''In some cases the thing that caused the pain is the thing that gets rid of the pain. I mean if your up for a second round i really don't mind.'' He leaned in closer, his lips brushing against you ear. You shivered from his hot breath. ''Because last night i could've sworn you told me to go faster. Remember how this came off?'' He brushed his fingertips across your attire and down your body. You gulped and parted your lips. His was turning you on more and more. You craved for his touch. He was a dangerous man. Dangerously y you couldn't help but fall under his posion.

 

''They say kissing burn calories too you know.'' He nibbled on you earlobe and on your neck slightly. He kissed his way up your neck and lingered right in front of your lips. You yearned for his wet lips on yours, but everytime you leaned in he pulled back, only letting his lips brush against yours in a teasing motion. You were getting frustrated so you hit his chest and grabbed his shoulders, but Kai was too quick for you. He had already held your hands in place. ''Eager aren't you?'' He chuckled. You pouted and hid your face away due to the embarrassment. ''I'm not that stupid to let my girlfriend be in more pain than she already is.'' He patted your head. ''Rest now.'' Kai stood up to walk away until you latched onto his arm. ''Can't i take a bath first? I mean....w-well i feel...--'' He cut you off.

 

''Dirty?'' You hid your pink cheeks. ''Sorry i didn't realize i had so much cu--'' You smacked his arm. ''Shut up!'' You yelled. He only laughed and scooped you up in his arms. ''Are you sure you can bathe alone?'' He sat you down on the edge of the tub. ''I mean i don't want my girlfriend to be drowning--'' You slapped his arm again. ''I can manage. Now get out.'' You shooed him with your hand. ''Alrighty then Future Mrs. Kim.'' He smiled cheesily before shutting the door. You sighed and smiled. ''This guy...'' You the water and let it fill up.

 

Kai walked over to the living room and slumped down in his couch. His father's words lingering his ears longer then they should have. ''ughhhhh.'' He covered his face in his hands and groaned several times. After a few minutes of rough thinking he sat up and the t.v, not to watch televsion but to video chat. He pressed call and the familar ring came into sound. D.O's bright face soon appeared on the screen as well as another strange face. ''Hey hyung, uh sorry to interrupt.'' Kai timidly greeted while eyeing the stranger's face. ''Oh no we were just done talking. I'll see you later Chen.'' D.O bidded the man a goodbye. ''Who was that?'' Kai asked once the guy named Chen left the conversation. ''Just an old friend of mine from China.'' He answered. ''So whats up?'' There was slight pause before Kai took a deep breath and looked back at the closed shower door where he could still hear Jung Ah's soft and delicate singing. ''Is.....everything okay?'' D.O asked a bit worried for his best friend. Jongin shakily sighed and looked back at the screen, his eyes already watering. ''Kai, kwenchana?'' D.O's eyes widened. ''Hyung.......what am i supposed to do? Jongin croaked. ''I-i don't want to lose her, but at the same time i don't want to hurt her.'' He stared at the ground, his mind spinning in confusing circles. Kyungsoo sensed something bad was going to happen and that his friend would regret everything. ''Tell me about it.'' D.O slowly asked. 

 

Kai's pov

 

The conversation continued on for a good 10 mintues before i closed the video chat right when the door opened behind me. Jung Ah walked out while towel drying her long hair. ''Glad to see your still living.'' I teased, hoping to lift the heaviness off my shoulders. ''Yah. Is that a way to talk to your girlfriend?'' She made a face and walked away. I followed her into the kitchen and watched her drink a glass of water. Without even realizing it, i was behind her, my arms unknowingly slipped around her slim waist and i hugged her tightly from behind. She looked over her shoulder and blushed when her cheek came into contact with my own. ''Why are you always like this?'' She innocently asked. I didn't answer. I only buried my face in her warm skin. She smelled wonderful as always. There was no doubt that i would miss this feeling. ''Did you by any chance use my shampoo?'' I asked. I felt her freeze under my embrace. ''I can smell it.'' I laughed and let her go. ''W-well that was the only thing in the shower.'' Jung Ah stammered cutely. Gosh i wanted to pinch her cheeks. She's too adorable, but i stopped myself from doing so. ''Come on, let's go out and have some fun for the rest of the day.'' I tried my best to smile sincerly. She raised her brows in response. ''I thought we were staying home...'' She said. I shook my head. ''I want to go out and that's exactly what we're doing.'' I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the house. 

 

Your pov

 

We were walking along a flowered pathway with masive trees hovering over our heads, protecting us from the burning sunlight. I stopped complaining while we were at the ice cream parlor. There was a faint unreadable expression on his face when i asked him if we could go home. He looked somewhat depressed, so i shut my mouth and tried my best to enjoy the outdoors for the sake of him. ''What are the plans today?'' I asked while my strawberry ice cream cone. He simply shrugged. ''Anything you want to do, besides going home.'' He stated. ''I honestly don't care where we go or what we do either. I'm fine as long as i'm with you.'' I stepped closer to him and smiled brightly. He only stared at me with confusing and hurt eyes. ''Kai?'' I whispered. His eyes never tore off of mines. ''You know how much you mean to me right? Tell me you understand. Tell me you know.'' He said after a long pause. I gave him a weird look. Why was he acting like this all of the sudden? ''You should already know the answer.'' I said. He looked away for a bit and continued walking. What is wrong with him? He's acting a bit strange today and somewhat bipolar. I shrugged it off thinking he was just tired and caught up with him.

 

For the rest of the day we walked around Seoul and ended our evening at the Han River. The place where some of our precious highschool memories started. The air was vaguegly chilly and the violet sky was covered in a blanket of whispy clouds. Throughout the day Kai didn't say much. He only nodded and smiled at certain times. It looked like he was trying his best to show some intrest. It bothered me a bit to be honest. I looked up at him. His eyes concentrated on the dark horizon. I placed my hand in his and gave him a tight reassuring squeeze. ''Kwenchana?'' I asked. His eyes seemed lost and sad. I wanted to ask, i wanted to know, but i couldn't bring myself to ask. ''Jung Ah...no matter what happens....just remember that i---will always love-- you.'' His words came out in a hoarse whisper. I was just about to answer when he sealed our almost perfect date with a starlight kiss. 

 

Kai pov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter