New Room Mate

New Face From the Past (New boy next door sequel)

 A/N: Hello Hello Helllllooooo ^^

OMG I'm so sorry this took so long. Sometimes real life takes to much of my time (that b*itch xD) and this time the one to blame is college.

Anyway I'm back yay. I missed writing and talking with you AFF people.

New chapter. A bit closer aren't they?

Tell me in the commets =)

BTW now that they are all grown up I'm not writing them as inocente and naive anymore (these people are experience now xD) and sometimes i tend to go to 'y' places xD is that okay?

Missed you guys. Talk to me =)

you know i like to hear from you

<3

 

 


 

Chapter 8: New Room-Mate

Yunho’s phone rang once again, and once again he ignored it and hid his head under the pillow.

“What the hell does he want this early on a Saturday?” he mumbled after checking that the caller was Yoochun.

The buzzing stopped after a while and Yunho smiled to himself getting cozy and prepared for a couple more hours of sleep.

Moments later he heard a chuckle. He was annoyed. Yoochun had finally stopped calling him and now Changmin was in his room laughing at him.

“Get your out of here…” he half yelled from under the pillow.

       “You were never a morning person!” a voice answered, but it certainly wasn’t Min’s voice. Yunho jolted from his bed like he had just been trespassed by an electric shock.

Staring at him with an amused grin plastered on his face was Jaejoong, his body leaning casually against the door frame.

“Oh… huhhh… hi….” Yunho stammered while he tried to fix his bed hair with one hand and cover his body with the covers with the other.

         “Not very eloquent either!” Jaejoong kept teasing. He walked to the bed and sat by Yunho’s side. He had to concentrate in not staring at Yunho who was only wearing a tank top and boxers. The image was quite tempting.

          “Sorry, I was just a bit surprised. I didn’t hear the doorbell rang…” Yunho managed to form a couple decent phrases. Jaejoong showed him the set of keys he was holding, Yunho immediately recognized them as being Changmin’s. “I… I thought Changmin was home…”

          “It’s moving day. You and Min said you would help Yoochun move his things to my place, remember?” Jae explained. Yunho literally face palmed. Of course he would forget something important like that! “Min is already there but none of us was able to get in touch with you so they sent me here to see if you were alright.”

             ‘Sure. To see if I was alright!’ Yunho rolled his eyes at his friends stupidity. Could they be more obvious in their tries to make the two of them spend more time together? Not that he didn’t like it, he appreciated. He thought it would just be better if they were a bit discrete and didn’t send Jaejoong to meet him when he was in compromising situations like sprawled on his bed in star fish position, drooling all over his pillow.

“I see. Do I have time for a quick shower?”

        “Yes you have. The longer we take, the less work we’ll have to do. And I can blame it all on you!” Jae joked as Yunho made his way to the bathroom.

The later took a five minute shower and only when he finished he remembered he hadn’t brought clothes with him. ‘I didn’t think this through!’

         “I… forgot to take my clothes…” he mumbled, his face turning red as he entered his room with a towel around his waist and another one around his neck, covering as much of his body as possible. He couldn’t exactly tell why he felt so self-conscious around Jaejoong. If it was Changmin in his room, Yunho would just get in and find something to dress without worrying.

         Jaejoong was actually going through Yunho’s wardrobe. When Yunho entered he noticed how Jae was looking at his favorite hoodie, the green hoodie that his mother had got him a long time ago… when she bought one just like that but in white for Jaejoong.

        “Do you still have yours?” Yunho asked, not knowing why he was curious about that. Jaejoong seemed to only then notice his presence. He nodded a yes, making a huge smile appear on Yunho’s face.

           It was the only thing that they had that identified them as a couple, their couple hoodies. Jaejoong would wear it every time he felt sad or scared, like the piece of clothing would give him some comfort and make him feel safe. But he wasn’t going to tell Yunho that.

“Tell me something, are you a gym teacher?” Jae asked as he ran his hand through all the sports clothes on Yunho’s closet.

“I work at a sports store.” Yunho stated, like it explained everything.

          “Pfff, and are you always at work?? I never thought I would live to see the day when Junsu dressed nicer than you. The same Junsu that used to buy the entire outfit he saw on the mannequins because he didn’t know how to match his clothes.” Jaejoong .

          “It’s not that bad. They are comfy.” Yunho tried to defend himself but looking at his closet all his clothes were pretty boring. Apart from one or two nicer outfits that he would wear when he went out with Changmin, everything else looked the same. He picked a pair of sweatpants, a t-shirt and a warm hoodie to wear. He would wear that practically everywhere: at home, on the street, when he would go do some exercise, at work…

                He went back to the bathroom to get dressed.

                “Wear it. It’s sunny but really cold outside.” Jaejoong threw one anorak, that he had picked from Yunho’s closet, at the owner when he came to the room. Yunho nodded in agreement and dressed the piece of clothing.

                He glanced at Jae’s outfit: sporty and casual but one could tell he had put some thought into it, his tennis shoes were black like his sweatpants, with some silver details on them, he was wearing a white sweater with a warm black coat on top that was casual but stylish. Yunho didn’t even remember when was the last time he had bought a piece of clothing just because he liked it and it looked good on him. All his clothes must look out of style because most of them had a couple of years on them.

          When did he become so sloppy? Now he felt bad standing besides Jaejoong. Not only was Jae much more beautiful than him but he always looked much better than Yunho whose clothes made him look like a teenager ready for a basketball match.

          Yunho was so distracted with his thoughts that he end up catching a piece of his hoodies fabric on his coat’s zipper while closing it.

  Jaejoong laughed as he saw the other male struggle with his stuck zipper.

          “Your brain really needs some time to start working in the morning, doesn’t it?” he joked as he came closer to Yunho and slapped his hands away of the zipper, taking care of it himself.

            Yunho’s eyes widened. Jaejoong was so close that stray strands of his hair were tickling Yun’s chin. It was making Yunho nervous, a good nervous. Take kind of nervousness that he always felt when Jaejoong was that close to him, ever since the first time they met. A nervousness that would culminate in a spark of electricity when Jae’s skink touched his. Was Jaejoong aware of that proximity? Was he aware of how it was making Yunho’s heartbeat fasten?

          Like always when it came to Jaejoong, his body took action before his mid even registered what was happening. He raised his hand and softly patted Jae’s hair to fix the strands that were out of place and tickling him on the face.

           He was a bit more thorough than needed and after a few seconds he was just plainly combing Jae’s hair with his fingers, liking how it felt smooth under his skin.

            Yunho felt Jae staring at him so he looked down at the older male. He had always like that, how Jaejoong was a bit shorter, just enough so that Yunho could rest his chin on top of his head when he felt like it, just enough so that he could easily lower his head and caught Jae’s lips in his. He liked how Jaejoong was tinier than him. That way he felt like he could hug his whole frame and have Jaejoong all for himself. He was glad that hadn’t changed.

          “Yunho…” Jaejoong called him, waking Yunho from his daydreams and making him realize that he was still caressing Jae’s hair, wearing a silly smile on his face. “You were spacing out. We should get going.” Jae said, quickly recomposing himself from the weird moment, but still looking a bit surprised. Yunho didn’t know that in Jae’s mind were running the same thoughts as in his. Both of them were thinking how even their heights fitted perfectly with each other’s, but none of them said it out loud, feeling even a bit embarrassed for thinking such thing.

               “Yeah, you’re right. Hmmm, sorry for that.” Yunho apologized for his kind of weird behavior.

           “No need to be.” Jae said. He was walking to the exit, his back Yunho or the other would have been able to see Jaejoong blushing slightly as he thought ‘It felt nice.’ The truth was Jaejoong missed Yunho’s caring touch. Nobody like him could make Jaejoong feel so comfortable and protected and Jae didn’t even know how much he missed it until Yunho did that.

             As for Yunho, the fact that Jaejoong didn’t push him away when he did something as, in his opinion, personal as that, was enough to make him happy for the whole day.

 

            “Finally! We were wondering what was taking you so long.” Yoochun said as Jaejoong and Yunho entered the apartment. Yoochun shared a meaningful glance with Junsu that Yunho decided to ignore.

            There were boxes everywhere. Yunho couldn’t understand how only one person could have so many things. Luckily all the boxes were already in the apartment 8the heavy work was done) and now they were only helping Yoochun unpacking and find a place for his things.

“Was he sleeping like a star fish? You know, sprawled all over the bed?” Changmin asked Jaejoong.

“Yes he was.” The older one answered making everyone laugh, except for the embarrassed Yunho.

“?” Changmin kept questioning.

“Yah, what the hell are you saying?” Yunho quickly protested and threw a pillow at Min’s head.

“He was kind of dressed. Why? Is sleeping a usual occurrence for him?” Jae showed some curiosity.

“Maknae watch your tongue!” Yunho threatened, though nobody paid him much attention.

          “Ok, ok. Calm down.” Min tranquilized Yunho but after turned back to Jaejoong. “He looks good though, right? I mean his face is nothing special, but he has a nice body, am I right?”

          “You are so dead.” Yunho growled and started chasing Changmin, his face turning red from embarrassment, until Yoochun stopped him and told him it was a compliment. Still he avoided looking at Jaejoong for a while. It was so typical of Changmin to put him in uncomfortable situations.

 

 

        The afternoon was coming to its end when they finally finished putting Yoochun’s things in place. They did such a great job it seemed Yoochun had lived there for a while now.

“Welcome roommate.” Jaejoong greeted him playfully.

“Thank you. I was lucky to find a new place so quickly.”

         “I was the lucky one. It would be hard to keep the apartment all by myself. And I really didn’t feel like renting that room to a random college student.” Jae added and looked around the house. “I’m gonna miss Hyunjoong though.” He sighed.

        “It’s not like you won’t see him anymore. He can always come to visit. We know and like the guy too, remember?” Yoochun comforted him and patted him on the back.

           “Yeah, I know. It’s just that I lived with him for so long it feels strange that he’s not around anymore. He was the only person I lived with after I left my parents’ house.” Jae explained.

           “I’ll try to be a good roommate too. One thing I can promise: I will always compliment your fine cooking.” Yoochun joked, making clear that the meals would be Jae’s responsibility, and Jaejoong hit him playfully in the arm.

            Yunho heard the whole conversation from a certain distance. He didn’t like Hyunjoong. Okay to be fair he didn’t dislike him. The guy had a nice personality and was easy to get along with, from what he remembered. Yunho just kind of choose to not be a big fan of him because he always seemed too close to Jaejoong and he felt jealous. Even now.

             But one thing he had to admit: Hyunjoong had been there for Jaejoong in times where Yunho didn’t even imagine what the later was going through. It was clear from the way Jae spoke about him that he was very fond of Hyunjoong and Yunho would have to learn to be okay with it and not feel a tiny bit jealous because he understood now that Hyunjoong had been Jae’s family for the previous years. If anything Yunho had to thank him for taking care of Jaejoong.

             “Food is here! If you take too long to come I’ll eat your part.” Changmin yelled from the front door as he entered with some bags on his hands.

          Everyone rushed to the living room and started picking what they wanted to eat because they knew that Changmin wasn’t kidding.

              Among some other things, there was fried chicken and beer for everyone. It was a nice meal to have with friends and after a day of working.

              They had skipped lunch so Changmin brought big portions of both food and drinking. The beer was making everyone slightly more relaxed and lightheaded.

            “Let’s share stories.” Jaejoong suggested out of the blue. They were all sitting on the floor around the small coffee table that held the food. “When friends get together in a group like this it’s common to share stories right?”

           “Uhh, scary stories.” Yunho suggested, having that feeling of being around a bonfire. Some people (Yoochun and Junsu) protested.

            “Embarrasing stories.” Came Changmin. Of course he had to be the one to suggest that. Yunho rolled his eyes knowingly, but smiled.

           “Like what?” asked Junsu, not liking this idea very much either. He was probably the one with the biggest number of embarrassing moments. It wasn’t his fault. He was just naturally clumsy and sometimes clueless and the others liked to for that.

        “Like… first times.” Changmin said, totally enjoying the mix of surprise and horror in his hyung’s faces. Yunho, who was in the middle of seeping on his beer, chocked on it and spit it.

          “Wha… what… why…” Yunho mumbled, unable to understand how Min’s brain worked and how had it ended up in such a subject. His mumblings were interrupted:

           “Hmm, I was nineteen, a guy I had just met and never saw again and in the motel room I was living at the time.” Jaejoong said, not seeming even a bit embarrassed with the revelation. As everyone was staring at him he smirked, shrugged and just added: “Hormones.”

         Yunho was totally shocked. He was pretty sure no one in that group was a saint, but he just couldn’t imagine Jaejoong, his Jaejoong… ‘Argh, erase it, erase it, erase it. Pretend you never heard that.’ He kept repeating in his head, still staring wide eyed at a nonchalant Jaejoong.

            “Well, I was 18 and home alone for the day…” Yoochun started saying. As for the ‘with who’, the look he shared with Junsu made it pretty clear. Junsu turned red and pouted making Yoochun chuckle.

           “I don’t like this game.” Junsu mumbled as he hid his face in his hands. Yoochun pulled him closer and brushed his hair gently. That was why Junsu had the most embarrassing moments out of all of them; he was the easiest to tease. The others chuckled and quickly turned their attention to next person in line: Yunho.

He swallowed hard and said, almost in a whisper, with his gaze fixated on his hands:

           “First few weeks of my freshman year at college. There was this guy that I thought I might like but that experience made it pretty clear I didn’t.” Yunho remembered very well his crush from his first year in college. He had light hair and was a tad bit shorter than him. Yunho regretted getting so involve with that guy because after that night he felt guilty, like he had betrayed someone. It was stupid but he felt like he had cheated on Jaejoong. When he saw that guy again he notices how he resembled Jaejoong. He realized he was trying to find a substitute for Jaejoong even after 3 years of trying to deny he had ever existed. After that he never really tried to date anymore.

Yunho looked up, to Jaejoong, wondering if he would ever tell him that. But Jaejoong was already looking at someone else.

“Your turn Changmin.” He said.

          “Oh my god, you hyungs are such erts. By first times I meant first time driving or stuff like that…” Changmin blabbed wearing a grin that went from an ear to the other. “You scarred me for life with your erted stories. I’m gonna go now before you shock my innocent mind with more revelations like that. I have plans. Bye.” And like that he got up and exited the house laughing out loud, looking pretty satisfied with himself.

“That little minx…” Yoochun chuckled.

          “He is pretty smart; he always leaves before we can order the maknae to do some work. But there are still lots of dishes to wash…” Jaejoong teased looking at Junsu who was now the youngest of the group. Junsu sighed and started gathering the dirty dishes. Yoochun chuckled at how cute he looked.

        “You guys are the worst.” He scolded Jaejoong and Yunho jokingly. “I’ll help you, Su.” They took the things to the kitchen and started taking care of the dishes, their backs turned to the two still comfortably sitting on the living room.

        “Do you know what is going on between the two of them?” Jaejoong came closer to Yunho and whispered so the other two couldn’t hear them.

         “No idea. They are still crazy about each other, though. Everyone can tell.” Yunho whispered too. Still in a whisper he told Jaejoong how Junsu had been a bit mad when Yoochun left to go to the states and how they had broken up because he didn’t believe in long distance relationships. He knew Jae had kept in contact with his friends for a while but he didn’t knew how much Jaejoong knew, and though he seemed to know about Yoochun’s trip he didn’t seem to know how it affected their friends relationship.

         “Su-ah.” Yoochun called and the older two in the living room silenced their whispered conversation, more curious about the conversation about to take place in the kitchen.

“Hmm?”

             “You are still mad, aren’t you?” Yoochun asked, his head hanging low. Junsu stopped washing the dishes and turned to look at Yoochun. He seemed a bit surprised. They hadn’t openly talked about their feelings ever since Yoochun had come back to Korea.

                Junsu sighed and resumed the washing:

                “It doesn’t really matter.” He mumbled.

                “Look, if you say that again I’m gonna have to kick you.” Yoochun said a bit louder. “Of course it does matter. It’s you and me. Acting like this… like everything is okay when it really isn’t… and this distance… arghh… I don’t like it. I hate it. I’m right here next to you and I still miss you.”

                “Did you miss me when you were away?” Junsu said in a dry tone, very unlike his usually bubbly self.

                “I did!”

                “Then why did you stay longer than you were supposed to? Six months turned into a year. Then two years…”

                “I know. I know. I’m sorry. My family was there too, it was heard for me to come without them. You know I missed you. You were the one who wanted to end things because you thought a long distance relationship. But spending two hours on the phone with each other every other day isn’t exactly ending things is it?” Yoochun reasoned.

                “No.” Junsu answered in a much softer voice.

                “It wasn’t never really over, was it?” Yoochun asked and Junsu answered by shaking his head negatively. “Did you miss me?”

             “Yes!” Junsu said and nodded his head affirmatively at the same time. Yunho and Jaejoong could see a huge smile forming in Yoochun’s lips. They felt like they shouldn’t be there but moving now would only make things more awkward.

                “Then let’s stop this ‘being friends’ thing. I don’t want to keep pretending I don’t want to kiss you every time I see you. Let’s just talk things out and not avoid it anymore, okay? It’s only delaying me from showing how much I missed you.”

It was Junsu’s turn to smile like an idiot in love.

“Ok. Let’s do that.” He said in his characteristic high pitched voice.

“Can I kiss you now?” Yoochun asked and started leaning in before Jaejoong interrupted the whole thing.

          “WAIT, we’re going, we’re going… You can continue that once we are out of sight. Happy getting back together.” Jaejoong said as he grabbed Yunho’s hand and pulled him to some other part of the house. Yunho could still hear Yoochun and Junsu chuckling before Jaejoong closed the door of the room they had just entered.

         “Your room?” he asked, noticing a bunch of pictures with Jaejoong on it and accessories all over the place. Jaejoong’s sense of fashion was much richer now and he often used accessories. In that matter he would get along with Yoochun just fine.

          “Well, dah… You helped Yoochun put his things in the other room and the apartment has only two bedrooms, do the math.” Jae teased and went to lie on his bed.

          “A simple yes would be enough.” Yunho mumbled back. He felt free to explore the room a bit. Jaejoong was very organized and neat. The room was decorated in sober colors with a spark of gold or silver here and there.

            His bedroom had personality and life. It was nothing like his teenage bedroom. There were no boxes lying around with his stuff in it, ready to leave at any moment. Yunho feared that after leaving his parents’ house, Jaejoong would go back to his old habits of avoiding getting attached to anyone or anything and always be ready to leave.

           “I know what you’re thinking.” Jae, who was spying Yunho’s every move from the bed, said. “This is my place, my home. Mine. And now I am in control of my own life so no one will make me move from here if I don’t want to. I can finally stay in one place for more than a couple of months and grow fond of it.”

“Are you liking it?” Yunho asked.

“Well, to be honesty it’s a bit boring…” Jaejoong said, obviously joking.

          Jaejoong was in almost all the photos displayed around the room. Some others were simply pictures of places. And in a great part of them was someone else with Jaejoong: Hyunjoong.

           “Did you guys go skiing?” Yunho asked pointing to a photo of Jaejoong and his ex-roommate totally equipped and ready to go have some fun in the snow.

           “Oh, that was in Canada. We travelled there last year. It was really nice. And yes we went skiing. Of course I’m much better than Hyunjoong. “Jaejoong explained before lying back again in the bed, closing his eyes and smile to himself like he was remembering something funny from that trip.

            Yunho looked at the photo again. There was way he could dislike Hyunjoong anymore. He had been to Jaejoong what Yoochun and Junsu had been to him, he was the one who found Jaejoong when he was wondering alone in the world and gave him a sense of belonging somewhere again.

            Yunho was curious about where and how Jaejoong had lived after he left his parents’ house. Did he live on his own for a long time? When did he and Hyunjoong start living together? But he would ask all that later, he would get to know Jaejoong again slowly and little by little.

Jaejoong was comfortably lying on his bed and in the process occupying all of it.

        “And I’m the one who sleeps like a starfish?” Yunho chuckled as he sat on the floor besides Jaejoong bed. The later laughed but didn’t move.

         “It looks like those two have finally sorted things out, hmm?” Jae mumbled. “Talk things out instead of avoid them… Why doesn’t that work for us?” he asked and his side to look at Yunho.

“We…  we have more difficult things to sort out, that’s all.”

       “Maybe. Or maybe it’s just because I’m a scaredy cat afraid of facing the past and Yoochun and Junsu are stronger than me.” Jaejoong said.

         “What?! Don’t, just don’t say that. You know it’s not true.” Yunho protested. Remembering how Jaejoong panicked when he asked him to talk with his mother or thinking of how hard he was trying to escape his parents’ disapproval of who he was… that all showed very well that for Jaejoong facing the past wasn’t just talking about a first love that didn’t work out. There was much more to it, things that really hurt him. Yunho understood pretty well his fear of talking about all of it.

          “Ok. But for the sake of being stronger…” Jaejoong started but interrupted his sentence to get out of the bed and pull something big, that was wrapped in plastic bags, from under it. He kneeled down next to Yunho, put the package on top of the bed and started unwrapping it. Yunho’s eyes widen when he noticed what it was. “Do you remember this?”

          “Of course. I bought it for you.” Yunho smiled as he looked at the memory board that he had given to Jaejoong when they were sixteen. The photos on it were the ones he remembered, it was like a part of his that summer was frozen in time on that memory board. He chuckled when he saw the photo in the middle: he was making a V sign and cute pose while Jaejoong was caught unprepared and holding a small bag of potatoes. It was the first photo they ever took to put on that very memory board. Yunho remembered they were in a supermarket because they went to get things for a party and he remembered how Jaejoong spend the rest of the afternoon complaining that Yunho didn’t make him look good on pictures.

          “It was a fun day.” Jaejoong said, he too was looking at the picture of that day. He picked the memory board up, took a picture frame from its place in the wall and hang the memory board there instead.

          “Are you sure you wanna have it there?” Yunho asked. For someone who had been trying to forget that summer, that memory board was pretty solid proof that it had happened.

           “Yes I’m sure. It was one of the best moments of my life.” Jaejoong answered with a silly smile on his face. Smiling like that he looked exactly like his younger self in the pictures, Yunho couldn’t help but stare. Jae sat on the bed again and this time Yunho joined him. “It would have been nice if you could have had more parties like that.”

            And there it was again. Thinking about that summer and those good moments wasn’t the source of their pain. The pain came from the fact that all that was interrupted so abruptly.

            This time Yunho was pretty aware of what he was doing when he pulled Jaejoong for a hug. He wrapped his arms around Jae’s tiny body and rested his chin on top of his head, feeling the softness of his dark hair against his skin and inhaling a sweet fragrance that was proper of Jae.

              Jaejoong was surprised but didn’t fight it. If he wasn’t careful enough he would end up going into his old habits of having Yunho taking care of him at any minute of the day and things couldn’t go back to what they were just like that. ‘But it feels too damn good…’

              “We can do those things now. We are all together again. We can have lots of those BBQ parties and invite Donghae and Eunhyuk and Hyunjoong and take lots of pictures to fill another memory board.” Yunho assured Jaejoong who just giggled.

         “I know Yunho. It won’t be the same though.” Jaejoong confessed. Yunho knew it wouldn’t be the same; there was nothing anyone could do to give them back their teens, to give Jaejoong a chance of enjoying the happiness of that summer a little longer. And he hated that. So much!!

         Silent minutes went by but neither Jaejoong nor Yunho tried to broke the hug. It was comfortable and exciting at the same time. At some point though, Jaejoong find a topic to talk about.

“So what happened to the guy you had a crush on?” he asked referring to the boy Yunho had talked about in the living room.

        “That’s an odd question.” Yunho said and finally broke the hug to look at Jae’s face and try to understand what motivated that question.

“I’m just curious.” Jae looked nonchalant. Yunho looked at him a while longer, his brow furrowed in suspicion.

“We barely talked again after…” Yunho started but was having a bit of a hard time finding the right words.

         “After you two slept together.” Jae completed his sentence for him, grinning a bit at Yunho’s embarrassed expression. “Was it that bad?”

“WHAT?” Yunho almost screamed at Jae’s forwardness. He had definitely… grown up. Jaejoong just laughed. “NO, it’s not that…”

“Uhhh, I think it is. Look at you blushing. Did you do something to embarrass yourself?”

“No…”

“Then it was him?”

“No, it was nothing like that…

         “Oww come on, we all know first times are sloppy and awkward. I bet you guys were all nervous and….” Jaejoong kept teasing and having too much fun with it.

        “He looked like you!” Yunho confessed, interrupting Jaejoong who just looked at him with his mouth hanging open in surprise. Yunho covered his mouth after he realized what he had just said and waited for Jae’s reaction but it never came. So he tried to explain in a way it didn’t seem like he was a creep: “I mean, only then I realized that the fact I was attracted to him was because he reminded me of you and… it just didn’t seem right to keep seeing him.” He failed in not sounding like a creep.

Jaejoong finally closed his mouth and blinked his eyes repeatedly while trying to come up with something to say.

          “Oh, I see…” he started. “Well, I think you did well. That wasn’t very healthy.” He said with a solemn tone. He looked at Yunho and Yunho looked back at him, both of them feeling terribly embarrassed with the turn the conversation took, before they both exploded into laughter.

                “Not…not very healthy? That’s all you have to say?” Yunho asked in the middle of fits of laughter that were making it hard for him to breath. Jaejoong didn’t even answer, unable to stop laughing for even a second.

                When they finally calmed down they had tears in the corners of their eyes from laughing so hard. They’re laughter was actually interrupted by the sound of Yoochun’s room’s door closing with a loud bang and then the sound of a heavy weight landing in the bed.

                Jaejoong and Yunho rolled their eyes.

               “Do you wanna go somewhere and give them some… privacy?” Yunho asked.

               “I have to go to work. I said I would cover one of my coworkers night shift today cause she’s sick.” Jae explained.

               “I see. Well I’m going home then.” Yunho said as they both got up found their jackets and exited the house.

               “You know, I’m starting to regret accepting Yoochun as my new roommate. After two years apart I guess I will have to give them LOTS of privacy.” Jaejoong whined just making Yunho start to laugh like a mad man once again and Jae joining him right after.

 

                When they went their separate ways that night, they both felt good and somehow closer. They had talked about the past and their feelings honestly and even managed to make fun of it.

                “That’s definitely progress in the right direction!” Yunho mumbled to himself, with a smile on his face, when he entered his empty home.