Happy Jaejoong day, I love you!

New Face From the Past (New boy next door sequel)

A/N: Hello, Hello awesome people =)

How are you guys?

I've told i was gonna start my internship and that's why I am updating less now. It finally started for real am I'm loving it (though working inside a hospital is not my cup of tea =( ). Right now I'm in my Easter vacation and I hope i can write at least one more chapter before it ends.

By the way, does any of you have some sort of job where you have to stand on your feet for the whole day? I mean 8 hours non stop? If so PLEASE TELL ME HOW DO YOU AVOID YOUR FEET FROM HURTING LIKE HELL. It's not even my legs but my feet.

 

Anyway, onto the good stuff.

So here is the new chapter. From the comments I see a lot of you were expecting in this chapter *how i love your litle minds tehee*. But I didn't intend to make the very next chapter . As many of you said YunJae needs a litle more time of sweetness before getting all naughty =P

But I WILL include . I think in the very next chap.

I hope you enjoy this one neverthe less.

 

Happy easter holidays (for the lucky ones who have them).

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

 


 

Chapter 12: Happy Jaejoong day, I love you!

 

                “Shhh, I can’t hear anything if you keep blabbing in my ear.” Changmin scolded a very chatty Junsu who just pouted.

                “Do you hear something?” Yoochun asked as he pulled his lover into a hug to drive that cute pout away.

                “Nop. They were too quiet all night. I thought I would have to go sleep at Kyu’s because of the noise but they were just too quiet. They might be dead…” Changmin mumbled in a dramatic way, his ear still pressed against Yunho’s bedroom door.

                “Oh, come on. Jae was devastated. Yunho was just comforting him. The lack of noises doesn’t mean they are dead. But this whole situation does mean you two are huge erts!” Junsu started condemning the other two doings, but they didn’t pay him much attention and continue trying to hear what was going on inside the room.

                “I heard something!” Changmin whispered and pressed the side of his face harder against the door. Junsu rolled his eyes and Yoochun just grinned. Suddenly the room door was opened and Changmin, who was still leaning on the door, fell to the front at Jae’s feet.

             “What are you guys doing?” Jaejoong asked with an arched brow. The other three blushed slightly from being caught red handed.

                “Hummm, I was trying to hear what was going on.” Min started. Jae closed the door behind him so they wouldn’t wake up the still sound asleep Yunho.

                “And why would you do that?” the older asked.

                “Because I thought you might be dead!” Min blurted out, blushing even harder.

                “Why?” Jae seemed amused.

                “Cause I didn’t hear any noises.”

                “People don’t usually make a lot of noise when they sleep”. Jaejoong reasoned.

            “I… didn’t think you two would be sleeping. I even had a bag prepared to go to Kyu’s and leave the house all to you two.” Changmin confessed.

                “Oh, I see.” Jae said with a chuckle. “We just slept.” He assured.

               “Well, your loss my gain…” Junsu mumbled and covered his mouth as soon as he realized what he had said. Yoochun heard it very clearly and a knowing smirk crept into his face.

                “As I had the whole house to myself… Junsu slept over. We did make noise!” Yoochun explained Junsu’s words to his confused friends, feeling very satisfied with himself. That just earned him a smack in the back of the head by Junsu who glared at him.

                “Anyway, I have to go. I forgot I have to meet with some school mates to do a project.” Jae said not looking at all pleased with the fact that he had to leave. He glanced at Yunho’s room door: “Let him sleep in, okay?” he said with a soft smile and started walking to the door.

               “Hyung, wait.” Junsu called and Jae turned around again. “Are you okay?”

              Jaejoong saw the concern in his friends’ faces and nodded affirmatively with a smile. Surrounded by people like them who cared so much for him, Jae couldn’t be nothing else but okay.

               “See? I told they wouldn’t get all frisky!” Junsu said to Changmin, after Jae had left, and stuck his tongue out.

                “Yeah, you were right baby. But we all know the two of them don’t have a very conventional relationship. From them I expect anything, really…” Yoochun opined.

               

 

                Later in the morning Yunho started to wake up. Still half unconscious he searched for the warmth that had been close to him all night. But the bed was empty.

                He sat on the bed, rubbed his eyes and looked around. There was no sign of Jaejoong. He noticed how he was still wearing the clothes he had worn the day before.

                “If it was just a dream I’m gonna be so pissed…” he mumbled.

                He got up and walked out of his room to be greeted by his three friends watching something on the television, sitting on the living-rooms floor.

                “Good morning hyung.” Junsu greeted happily.

                Yunho was still very groggy from having just woken up and his mood was not the best as he still didn’t see signs of Jaejoong:

                “Did you guys sleep here? This is not the headquarters of our little gang you know?” he said, his voice laced with sarcasm.

               “y mood alert.” Changmin sing songed without much interest as he was totally focused on the program in the TV and in the snacks he was munching on.

                “Jae had to leave early. He asked us to tell you he has a school project to do and will be working on it all day. He didn’t want to wake you, he told us to let you sleep in.” Junsu explained, knowing very well where his friends bad humor was coming from.

                Yunho was preparing something to eat; his back was turned to his friends so they didn’t see when his lips turned into a wide smile. “Thanks.” He said to Junsu. “What are we watching?” he picked up his food and sat next to his friends who just chuckled or rolled their eyes at Yunho’s mood swings.

 

 

                              

                1 new text message

                Yunho read the alert on the screen of his phone. The store was empty at the time so he just went ahead and opened the text.

                ‘Guess who it is.’

                The text said.

               Yunho tried to think who that unknown number might belong to and when the obvious answer popped up in his mind he smiled and quickly wrote a reply:

                ‘Did you get a new phone, Jae?’

                He then proceeded to save Jaejoong’s new phone number under the name ‘JaeJae’

 

                Jaejoong was sitting in a classroom with almost a hundred other students. That class was very theoretical and he was bored to dead. When his brand new phone buzzed in his pocket he quickly snatched it out and read the message, hiding the phone under the table, and smiled when he saw the text message was from the number he had saved as ‘Yunnie’.

                From JaeJae:

                ‘I figured my parents wouldn’t bother calling me again so I could finally have a phone for more than a couple of days.

                Sorry I left like that yesterday. ‘

 

                From Yunnie:

                ‘It’s totally okay. You have your hands full with school and your job. I don’t wanna steal your time.’

                Yunho wrote. He didn’t want to steal Jae’s time and make it even harder for the other to conciliate work and school. But he so wanted to spend time with Jaejoong.

                From Yunnie:

                ‘Scratch that last part. I DO want to steal your time.’

               

                The two messages arrived at Jae’s phone practically at the same time and he smiled when he read the last one.

                From JaeJae:

                ‘I’m gonna be really busy this week  =/  but let’s do something next week.

                I liked sleeping over. I felt like I was sixteen and sleeping in your messy adolescent room again.’

 

                From Yunnie:

                ‘I liked having you over. My bed still smells like you.’

 

                From JaeJae:

                ‘That sounded kinda creepy but sweet too =P Got to pay attention to class again.’

 

                From Yunnie:

                ‘I’m gonna go back to my boring job. Study hard.’

               

                From JaeJae:

               ‘Oh, one last thing, yesterday when I woke up, Min, Su and Chun had their ears glued to your room door expecting to hear noises.

                Talk soon.’

 

                Yunho gasped for air when he read that last text. He had slept with Jaejoong in his arms but none of those thoughts crossed his mind. He was just extremely happy to have his Jae back and happy that he could comfort him.

                Jaejoong talking so openly about stirred something inside him, though.

 

 

                “Hyung, you’re home early.” Changmin greeted and started whining when Yunho didn’t said anything and just smacked the younger’s had.

                “That’s for spying on me and Jaejoong and being a ert.” Yunho explained.

                “Outch. Junsu and Yoochun helped. Are you gonna hit them too?” the younger complained.

               “When I have the time. Now help me out with something.” Yunho said. “Jae is gonna be busy all week so I doubt he’s gonna have time to hang out with me. He said we should do something next week thought. Should I plan a date?”

                “You should not.” The younger said plainly.

                “What? Why?”

                “Because you have the next week off of work and you promised your mother you would go home this year for the holidays.” Changmin reminded him.

                “Oh, right.” Yunho remembered. “Thanks for reminding me Minie-ah.”

                “What would you do without me, old man?” Min chuckled.

 

                From Yunnie:

                ‘Are you awake?’

 

                From JaeJae:

                ‘Hi.’

               

                From Yunnie:

                Jae next week I’m gonna be out of town. I promised my mom I would spend the holidays at home. I didn’t do it last year so I’m sure she will make me go home even if she has to drag me.

               

                From JaeJae:

                ‘I see. Well I hope you have fun. We’ll do something together when you get back.’

                Yunho stared at that last message thinking deeply if he should ask what he wanted to ask. He decided to go for it.

                From Yunnie:

                ‘Do you wanna come? You have time off of school right? Everyone would be happy to see you!’

                It was Jae’s time to stare at the text for a few long minutes, thinking hard of what to say next. Meeting Yun’s family again wasn’t going to be easy on him. Too many feelings. Spending a week with them right away would be even harder.

                From JaeJae:

                ‘I don’t have school but I still have to work.  I’ll meet them some other time. Tell them I said hi and have a good time.’

 

 

 

                Yunho was back in the house where he had grown up. He looked at the house next door, still feeling a bit of pain clenching his chest but he was happy to know that it wasn’t a crippling pain like it used to be. It was just the kind of pain everyone feels when remembering fond memories and wanting to go back to that moment.

                The house neighboring his parent’s house was quite different now. New people with little kids were living in it and Yunho couldn't quite pin point if that was why he didn’t have any more ill feelings towards that house or if it was the fact that he and Jae had dealt with their past that helped him move on. Maybe a bit of both.

            His room was exactly like when he had left. It was like it had been frozen in time. Yunho could imagine his teenager-self wondering around the room. He sat on the floor and searched for a loose board on the floor. He smiled when he found it easily.

                Hidden under that board where the memories he had wanted to forget for so long. He picked up the picture frames and placed them around the room.

                “Yunho, honey, are you ready for dinner?” his mother called and entered the room. She immediately noticed the new pictures and she smiled back at the two teenage boys smiling in them.

                She sat on the bed, next to her soon:

                “Is he still that beautiful?”  she asked and Yunho chuckled.

                “Would you believe me if I told you he is even more breath taking now?” his mother smiled.

                “I would like to meet him, honey.” she said. it was evident just by her tone of voice and her expression that she really cared for the then blond boy in the pictures.

                “I hope you will meet him soon. I just… I just don’t wanna push him into anything. I constantly feel that he might just disappear at any moment. I don’t wanna do anything that might actually drive him away.”

                “I know sweetie, you’re doing good.”

 

               

                It had been three days since Yunho had went to his parent’s house. Jaejoong was starting to really miss him and the occasional text messages weren’t enough. He decided to call him.

                One beep, two beeps, three… he was about to hang up and call him some other time when someone picked up.

              “Anyonghasseyo. This is Jung Yunho’s phone.” A female voice answered. Jae knew immediately it wasn’t Yun’s mother. He knew her voice and this voice sounded too young to be Mrs. Jung.

                “Hmmm, hello. Can I speak to Yunho?” he said. He was getting a bit anxious. ‘Is Yunho with a girl?’

                “He is in the shower right now. But I can take a message if you want.” The girl said.

                “Oh. No thanks. I’ll call later, then.” he was about to hang up when the girl said:

                “Wait! Your name is saved as ‘JaeJae’. Are you Jaejoong? Jaejoong-oppa?”

                Jaejoong was confused to how the girl knew him:

                “Yes, I’m Jaejoong…”

                “Our Yunho’s Jaejoong? That Jaejoong?” the girl insisted, getting a bit excited.

                “Hmm, I guess.”

              “Jae-jang!” the girl said and giggled. Jaejoong recognized her immediately and his chest clenched. “Jaejoong-oppa its Seohyun. You might not remember me because I was a baby but I kind of remember you. And mom told me a lot about you too. She told me I preferred to play with you than with my oppa.” She giggled again.

                “Of course I remember you. Seo-baby…” Jaejoong said. His voice was getting shaky.

                “I’m so happy you and my oppa met again. As soon as he got home he searched for some old pictures of you and him and put them all around his room.” The innocence of the girl and the way she spoke so frankly were killing Jae. She didn’t know all the messy things Yunho and him had gonne through. She just knew that Yunho was happy to have him back. To her it was that simple. “Will you come visit us sometime? Sometimes I go spend a weekend with my oppa and with Min but I have to study now and I don’t have the time to go to the city. Will you please visit us someday? Please?”

                Jaejoong swallowed hard. He didn’t want to go with Yunho to his parent’s house to avoid and avalanche of feelings hitting him but it hit him anyway through a simple phone call. He was surprised to know that it were all good feelings.

                He was about to answer when he heard Yunho’s voice in the distance:

                “Seo, who is it?”

                “It’s Jae-jang. See oppa, I told you that boy I saw near the university was him, didn’t I?” the girl spoke but not directly to the phone.

                “I know, you are the smart one in the family.” Yunho said and chuckled.

                “Jae-jang? I’m gonna pass the phone to oppa. Be sure to visit us sometime. Bye.”

                “Bye.” Jaejoong mumbled to the phone, not sure if she still heard it.

                “Hey.” Yunho’s voice sounded. “Are you okay?”

                “Hmm, yes.”

                “Did Seohyunnie bother you too much?”

                “No.”

                “Are you really okay?”

                “Yes.”

                “Then why are speaking like a robot?” Yunho chuckled.

                “She’s all grown up.” Jae managed to say.

                “I know. She still remembers you. Once when we were taking a walk near the university she saw a boy and sworn it was you. I didn’t see you so I couldn’t know. But some time later I met you with your now dark hair and dark clothes, just as she had described you. She really is smart.”

                “The way she speaks, the way she says things… makes everything sound so simple.” Jae paused. “I can’t believe that after nine years I still miss a baby that is now a young girl.” Jaejoong confessed, his voice getting even more shaky.

                “Jae, don’t cry. It makes me wanna hug you and I can’t right now.” Yunho said with a pout.

                “Yah, who’s crying?” Jae scolded and tried to regain his composure. He didn’t want to seem like a scared little boy.

Yunho chuckled.

                “As you saw you are welcome here. My mom keeps asking things about you. You… you have a family here.” Yunho said a bit hesitantly. He didn’t want to make Jae remember his own family and feel bad about it. But he did want the older to know that he’s parent’s house was always open for him.

                “Damn you, damn you! Shut up before you make me cry.” Jae mumbled.

                “Okay, I just want you to know that.”

                “I know, I know.”

                “Jae, I think over the last nine years I only came back home about 5 times because it remembered me of to many sad things. But now something funny happened, it doesn’t make me sad or hurt anymore. I just remember the good things and though I often wonder how it would have been if we hadn’t been apart for so long it doesn’t hurt anymore because now I can think how it will be 9 years from now too.” Yunho said happily. “Maybe it will be like that for you too. Maybe if you come here you will feel a bit sad because of all the good things that got interrupted but you will mostly feel happy about the good things, the good memories that did happen.”

                Jae took a deep breath.

                “I really hope your right. I… will you take me to visit your parents some day?” he asked.

                “Of course!” Yunho almost shouted in happiness.

              “Hey, turn down the enthusiasm.” Jae said though he was smiling widely too. “And now I’m gonna hang up and go to sleep cause I’m tired and I don’t want anyone else to get on that phone and make me feel all sentimental.”

                Yunho chuckled.

 

 

 

 

                “Hey, Min. What’s up?” Yoochun greeted as soon as he picked up the call.

                “He has been back for barely four days and I’m already tired of him. You come here and deal with him. No, no, no, better than that: take him out of the house!” the younger whined.

                “What did Yunho do?” Yoochun asked, trying to be patient.

                “He is in diva mode. I don’t know what’s bothering him but he is really y. I want normal Yunho back.” Changmin whined once more making Yoochun chuckle.

                “You want normal Yunho back because that Yunho does everything you want.” Chun teased. “And you know as well as I that he is like that because he barely as seen Jaejoong over the past few weeks. Give him a break.”

                “I have no more breaks to give.”

                “Just be a bit patient Minnie. I’ll talk with him.” Yoochun promised and Changmin’s mood turned slightly better.

 

 

                “What?” Yunho growled to his phone without checking who was calling.

                “Look who’s in a good mood!” Yoochun joked.

                “What do you want? I’m busy!”

                “Oh, really? Doing what?” Yoochun asked.

                “Lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Why? Can’t I?” Yunho scoffed. Yoochun just chuckled. He had dealt with Yunho’s rare bad temper enough times to know how to make him happy again.

                “Well, I’m just calling to let you know that Jae has been and will be really busy in the next couple of weeks. He is having exams and every time the poor boy isn’t at work or in class he is studying.”

                “How great! More good news.” Yunho sneered.

                “The good part is, while Jae is busy and distracted we can plan his birthday party without him suspecting a thing.” Yoochun said and waited for the other’s reaction.

               Yunho jolted up and sat on the bed. He was so focused on being pissed for not being able to spend every minute with Jaejoong that he didn’t even remember his birthday was approaching.

                “I’m listening…” Yunho mumbled, suddenly much calmer. Yoochun smiled ‘Success!’.

                “That’s it. I have nothing else to say. Now you take care of the party and be sure to be in a better mood because your room mate called me crying for help, and for Changmin to ask for help it means you have been a really, really big pain in the .”

                “I haven’t been that bad…” Yunho mumbled, now a bit ashamed.

                “Oh, please. You look like a five year old that just had his favorite toy taken away. Anyway, occupy yourself with the party and be good to Minnie.”

 

               

                “Hi.” Jaejoong chirped happily to his cellphone when he saw it was Yunho calling.

                “Busy?”

                “It’s time for a break.” Jae said and stretched his arms over his head.

                “Good.” Yunho smiled. “I need to ask you something. Will you be free on the 26th?”

                “I have an exam the next day so I guess I will be home digging my head in books. Why?” Jae asked.

                “You really should give yourself a break. You don’t even remember that’s your birthday.” Yunho said, worrying a bit Jae would work himself to exhaustion.

                “Ohhh! Right. I really didn’t remember. I have been so busy… once evaluations are over I will go back to my normal self.” Jae chuckled.

                “So, no chance for a party on the 26th?” Yunho said a bit disappointed.

                “You wanted to throw me a party?” Jae was positively surprised.

                “Of course.”

                “Let’s do it some other day. Oh, I know, let’s just celebrate our birthdays together! Let’s throw a party on your birthday for both of us!”

                “Really? But that won’t be that special for you!” Yunho said even though he was liking the idea.

                “Are you silly? Of course it will. But let’s not do anything to extravagant. Let’s just have dinner with friends. I need a bit of normal in my life.” Jae chuckled. “I’ll invite Hyunjoong, ok?”

                Yunho was smiling. It was noticeable that the other was thrilled with the idea and thought it would be just a small event with friends, having people he cared for together to celebrate his birthday seemed to make him really happy.

                “Yes, invite him. Now go back to studying. And Jae?”

                “Hmm?”

                “I miss… talking with you in person. This phone thing is not working anymore.” Yunho said hesitantly. He heard Jaejoong chuckle on the other side of the line.

                “Just say you miss me!” Jae spoke Yunho’s true thoughts.

                “Okay. I miss you. I miss you so damn much. I barely got you back and I miss you again. All because of the stupid exams. I think I never hated school more than now.” Yunho confessed.

                Jaejoong felt so good hearing that. Someone wanted him, someone genuinely cared and missed him.

                “I miss you too.”

 

 

               

 

            “Oh, I know you!” the old lady from the restaurant recognized Yunho. It was the same restaurant he had his ‘date’ with Jaejoong and the lady talking to him was the same one who seemed to know Jaejoong pretty well and who seemed to care for him.

             “Hello, halmeoni.” He greeted her with a vow.

              “Yunho, am I right?” she asked and he nodded with a smile. “Today is Jaejoong’s birthday. Are you gonna meet him?”

              “That’s the reason why I came here. Can you make me his favorite dish to go? He has been so busy with school I bet he doesn’t even remember today is his birthday. I’m gonna surprise him.”

                “Aww that’s really good. And for you what should I make?” she asked.

                “The same. Just… less spicy.” They both chuckled.

               Yunho took a sit to wait for his order. The restaurant was practically empty as it was still a bit early to have dinner. He had gone there straight from work

                A few minutes later the old woman came to sit with him.

                “It’s cooking. Now we just have to wait.” She explained. “I’m really happy to see you too are getting along. It was about time.” She said with a smile.

                “What do you mean?” Yunho asked a bit confused.

              “That time when you came here to eat with Jaejoong I recognized you immediately. I heard so much about you from Jae.” Yunho was a bit surprised.

                “Halmeoni, I don’t mean to intrude but… what are you to Jaejoong?” he asked. The lady chuckled:

                “I met that boy when he was around eighteen years old. He had run away from home. He had been here and there for almost one year trying to find a stable job that would allow him to set in one place. He had a friend that helped him at the time, Hyunjoong, do you know him?” Yunho nodded affirmatively. “He came looking for Jaejoong from time to time, making sure he was okay, making sure he had at least one meal a day. He always tried to give Jaejoong some money but the stubborn boy would refuse every time. I know Hyunjoong tried to convince Jaejoong to live in his house but Jaejoong was afraid Hyunjoong’s parents’ would take him to his own parents. Hyunjoong tried to convince him his parent’s would understand but Jae never accepted. If you ask me I think Jaejoong felt he was too much of a burden on the boy and didn’t want to cause him any more trouble. I remember there were times Jaejoong tried to totally break contact with Hyunjoong. He didn’t want the other to worry.”

                Yunho was listening to the story intently, trying to imagine everything Jaejoong had gone through.

                “I see you are hearing all of this for the first time!” the woman said and Yunho nodded in agreement. “ I have to say Hyunjoong’s concern saved Jaejoong from a life I don’t even want to imagine. Even though he often tried to push Hyunjoong away, Hyunjoong never gave up on him.”

                “Wha… What kind of life?” Yunho asked though he was certain he knew the answer. His mouth was dry and his heart was aching.

                “First, a life where you don’t know where your next meal will come from or if you’ll have a roof over your head that night. And Jaejoong was very hurt at that time. It would have been very easy to try to hide from the pain with drugs and I can assure you people kept tempting him. Then there was the fact that he was, and is, too beautiful for his own good. There were people who told him he could make easy money, and a lot of it, if he just was willing to lose his dignity and his innocence.”

                Yunho shook his head, trying to drive the image of man buying Jaejoong out of his head.

                “I know. It’s painful to even imagine. Hyunjoong was he’s only friend and family at the time. I’ve heard stories of you being jealous of that boy…” the woman said with a smirk. “Well, my dear boy, Hyunjoong saved Jaejoong and from what I see he saved you too. I know you wouldn’t be able to live and be happy if the destiny of Jaejoong was to end up on the streets.” She put a hand over Yunho’s seeing the pain in his eyes.

                “Don’t you ever blame yourself.” She said with a stern voice. Yunho looked up surprised and ashamed because that was he was exactly doing. “There are only a couple of people to blame for all of this and I can assure you, you are not one of them.” Yunho nodded, his mind quickly travelling to Jae’s parents. He started to get angry. That woman seemed to know all about that too. “I saw Jaejoong struggle for a couple of months. He kept coming here because I fed him for free. Well not for free. The boy always wanted to pay somehow. Even if all he could do was take out the trash. I grew fond of him and Hyunjoong pleaded me to help him somehow. So, I hired him. We had very little customers and the employees I had at the time where more than enough, but I couldn’t say no. Luckily it was good for him and good for me because his good looks started to attract more customers.” She recalled with a smile.

                “When they turned 19, Hyunjoong applied to this university to be next to Jaejoong, even if he never admitted it. He practically forced Jaejoong to move out of the house, if you could call the cave he was living in a house, and to move in with him. He didn’t want Jae’s money but of course he had to agree to let Jae pay half of the rent or he wouldn’t move in. Around that time Jae found a full time, better paying job. He thanked me for all I had done for him and apologized for being such a burden. Of course he wasn’t a burden but he knew I was having a hard time paying to all my employees and I think that’s the main reason he went to work somewhere else, so I wouldn't have to fire another person.

                His life started looking better, he had a stable income, a good house and at least one person he could always depend on. And it was that same person who convinced Jaejoong to apply for college.”

                “I can’t even wrap my mind around the amount of things for witch I must thank Hyunjoong.” Yunho mumbled. “I can’t believe I lived my life, maybe not happy, but at least without going through difficulties or have one worry on my mind while Jaejoong was going through all that.”

                “Now, now… what did we just say about not blaming yourself? Other people tried to reach out to Jaejoong. A few mutual friends I think.” The woman said and Yunho thought of Yoochun and Junsu. “But Jaejoong was too immersed in his own pain to let anyone in. he created that mask of a confident and nonchalant guy that both you and I know its fake but somehow helped him cope with everything. To be able to keep that mask he had to push everyone he used to know away, though. It wasn’t the smartest move and I tried to warn Jaejoong but he just wouldn’t listen. He wasn’t accepting help, sweetie, and though I’m sure it would have been different if the help came from you, I’m certain there would still be some things he would do the exact same way. It was like he was trying to prove himself he could survive without his parents.”

                Yunho nodded showing he understood.

                “Now that you know his story, let’s get back to you. I heard lots of things about you, all but your name. He always called you ‘that guy’.” She chuckled. “Maybe saying your name was hard for him.” Yunho smiled remembering how it was like that for him too. “I heard a beautiful story about two boys who fell in love so fast and so deeply that neither space nor time could stop it. And certainly not a couple of narrow-minded, hateful, disgusting people that had the privilege of calling themselves Jaejoong’s parent’s and just threw it away.”

                Yunho laughed weakly at the woman’s choice of words. He was getting to like her more and more by the second.

                “I could see the love in his eyes when he talked about you. Something so strong like that… I knew Jae would only truly be happy when he met you again. And I was certain that your feelings for him hadn’t wavered either. I’m so happy that I was right.”

                “I’m decided to make him happy from now on, halmeoni. I’ll make sure he will never feel hurt and that he will never be through such hard times again.” Yunho said with a decided look on his face.

                “I know you will, dear boy, I know you will. Just let him take care of you too, okay? You say you lived without going through difficulties while he was so lost. Well let me tell you that the hardest thing he went through was his heart ache and I’m sure you went through that too. Let him heal your wounds too.” She said with a sweet voice, Yunho nodded in agreement, incredibly thankful for those kind words. “Oh, look, dinner must be ready by now.” She said and practically skipped to the kitchen to finish preparing the food.

                Yunho smiled at the good energy of the lady and he could see exactly why Jaejoong was drawn to her.

                “Here, all ready.” She put a few bags in front of Yunho and accepted his payment. “This one is my treat. It’s my famous pie. I had it done in case Jae would come here today. You take it and put some candles on it and sing ‘happy birthday’ to that boy, will you?”

                “Of course I will. Thank you so much, halmeoni. For everything. For Jaejoong.” Yunho thanked from the bottom of his heart.

                “You are most welcome my dear. You just have to do a few things for me: give a family to Jaejoong, I don’t want him to ever feel lonely or lost again; be happy because I know Jaejoong’s happiness depends on yours; and come visit this old lady from time to time. I’ll make lots of pies.” She said with a kind smile.

                Yunho gave her a quick hug and thanked once more before he left to meet Jaejoong.

               

                Yoochun would work until late so he lent his key to Yunho so he could surprise Jaejoong. Of course he had made a few dirty comments too which Yunho decided to ignore.

 

                He opened the front door of Yoochun’s and Jaejoong’s apartment cautiously, trying to make the less noise possibly in order to surprise Jaejoong.

                He found Jaejoong sprawled on the living-room’s floor, only his head was resting on top of the coffee table which was completely covered with books and notebooks. Yunho doubted that even if a war started, Jaejoong wouldn’t wake up.

                Gently he pulled Jae away from the table and to the couch. He was satisfied to see that the older hadn’t wake up. He cleared the little table, making sure he marked the page were the book was previously open so not to disturb Jae’s study

                Yunho placed the food in the table, but saved the pie for later.

                “Jae!” he called, it was barely a whisper. He wanted the other to wake up an eat but at the same time he was enjoying watching that peaceful sleeping face to want to disturb him. “Jae-yah!” he called again as he brushed Jae’s hair away from his face.

                Jaejoong shifted in his sleep, he felt cozy and relaxed and he didn’t want to wake up and go back to the mortifying studying. Bit by bit consciousness was coming back to him, no matter how much he tried to fight it and remain in dream land.

                He opened his eyes a bit, the sudden light hurting them. Still very groggy he noticed someone else was in the room, watching him. His vision focused and he clearly saw Yunho smiling at him:

                “Wait, am I awake or am I still dreaming?” he mumbled, his words barely understandable as they came out slurred from the sleepiness.

                Yunho chuckled and grazed Jae’s cheek with a finger. Jaejoong leaned in to the touch and said:            

                “I’m definitely awake but this is better than most dreams.” Yunho’s heart swelled with emotion at those words. “What are you doing here? I didn’t even hear you coming in.”

                Yunho moved a bit so Jaejoong could see the table filled with delicious food.

                “Happy birthday!” Yunho said.

                Jaejoong blinked a couple of times; he’s mouth filling with saliva at the sight of his favorite dishes.

                “I… I thought we were gonna celebrate it later…” Jae mumbled, already moving out of the sofa and close to the table. They were both on their knees, around the table.

                “And we are. This is just our little private celebration.” Yunho was thrilled to see that Jaejoong liked his surprised. He became even more thrilled, and quite surprised, when Jaejoong wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed Yunho hard, making the latter fall on his . He smiled into the kiss and his body relaxed at the touch. He really had missed Jaejoong.

                Jae abruptly interrupted the kiss and looked at Yunho with concern.

                “What?” Yunho asked, worrying that he had done something the other didn’t like.

                “Is this okay?” Jaejoong asked, referring to the kiss. Yunho’s lips turned into a huge smile as he pulled Jaejoong in for another needy kiss. He knew Jaejoong was a grown man now, and much more independent and secure. But when he had those little moments of shyness and insecurity was when he showed his true self to Yunho and Yunho recognized the shy teenager he loved in that beautiful man.

                “Just... cause we never talked about what we are…” Jae mumbled under his breath when they broke the kiss and started eating.

                Yunho caught that and it was his time to feel a bit insecure.

                “What do you mean with ‘what we are’?” he asked.

                “Well, we never talked about what kind of relationship this is.” Jae tried to sound nonchalant but he was actually quite nervous about labelling their relationship. He shoved a piece of food in his mouth to hide his nervousness.

                Yunho went around the table and sat right next to Jaejoong. He took the other chopsticks and placed them on the table before taking Jae’s face between his hands and softly kissing his lips. It was a gentle kiss that conveyed Yunho’s feelings. It was not needy or intrusive. Just sweet. A brushing of his lips against Jae’s.

                Jaejoong was dazed as that kiss made goose bumps spread all over his skin and a chill go down his spine.

                Yunho leaned back to look at Jaejoong, still holding his face between his hands and the elder’s cheeks with his thumbs.

                “Does Yoochun kiss you like this?” Yunho asked.

                “What the hell? No!” Jae almost yelled.

                “Do Junsu, Changmin, Hyunjoong or any of your other friends kiss you like this?”

                “No.”

                “Am I related to you?” Yunho kept asking.

                “Yunho, you’re being weird.” Jae said.

                “Just answer, Jae.”

                “No, you’re not related to me.” Jae sighed.

                “Okay. I don’t want you to get involved with anyone else. Do you?”

                “Involved?”

                “Yes, romantically involved.” Yunho clarified. By then Jae understood what the other was doing and just went with it.

                “No, I don’t want to get involve with anyone else and I don’t want you to either.” Jae stated. Yunho smiled before saying:

                “Then I think it’s pretty clear what we are.” He started eating like what he had just said was the most obvious thing in the world.

                Jae thought for a while and then just blurted out:

                “Are you saying we are boyfriends?”

                Yunho turned a dark shade of red when he answered: “Yes”

                Jaejoong noticed that and didn’t miss the chance to tease:

                “Did you blush? Did you just blush? Oh my god that’s adorable.” He squealed and tried to pinch Yun’s cheeks but the other whined and shoved food into Jae’s mouth to shush him. The other was still chuckling but calmed down and rested his head on Yunho’s lap, letting the later feed him.

                “Yunho?” he called after a while.

                “Yes?”

                “I suddenly forgot what we are o each other. Can you remember me again?” he said with a smirk that promised nothing good.

                “Why?” Yunho asked, being cautious.

                “Cause I liked that kiss way more than I should.” Jae said. He saw the expression in Yunho’s face and he thought he saw lust in his eyes but that quickly disappeared and Yunho kissed him so softly and gently, like he was the most delicate thing in the world. Jaejoong liked being pampered like that.

               

                “Close your eyes. I have a surprise.” Yunho asked Jaejoong who quickly obeyed. Long forgotten was the study. “Open them.”

                Yunho was standing in front of Jae with the delicious looking pie in his hands with two candles shaped into a 26 lightened. Jae’s eyes sparkled.

                “You went to see Mrs. Kwang?” he asked Yunho who nodded affirmatively, feeling a bit ashamed he hadn’t asked the lady her name. “Her pies are so yummi.” Jae added with a huge smile.

                “She sent it as her birthday gift. Think of a wish and blow the candles.” Yunho instructed.

                Jae looked at the candles and started thinking of a wish but then looked back up at Yunho a bit panicked.

                “Yunho, I don’t know what to wish for.” He said with wide eyes. “I… I think I have everything I want.” He looked truly surprised with that fact. Jae’s words melted Yunho. He leaned in and pecked the elder’s lips.

                “Just wish for a car or something…” He chuckled.

                Jae gave it some thought and finally blew the candles. He was about to cut the pie but Yunho stopped him. He took a camera out of his bag and pulled Jae close for a picture of them and their birthday cake… pie.

                Jaejoong remembered how he had sent pictures of himself to Yunho on his birthdays. He knew the photo they had just taken was definitely related to that but Yunho didn’t seem to wanna talk about it so he wouldn’t either. He just enjoyed the tenderness of Yunho’s actions, once again questioning if he might be dreaming.

                “I love you.” The words left Jae’s lips with such ease, it felt so natural. His heart started racing when his brain registered what he had just said and his eyes widen.

                Yunho felt his heart skip a bit when he heard the three little words. He put down the knife he was using to cut the pie and turned around to look at Jaejoong.

                “Wha… what… what did you just say?” he stuttered. Jaejoong just stared back at him, blinking his eyes repeatedly, feeling surprised with what himself had just said but not at all regretting it.

                Yunho swallowed hard. He came close to Jaejoong and cupped his cheek:

                “My Jae.” He whispered. Jaejoong leaned in against his hand, loving the touch. Yunho looked him right in the eye as he said: “I love you too. So much. I always have.” Jaejoong blinked quickly once again, this time to drive away tears of joy that threatened to leave his eyes.

                Yunho smiled and he smiled back at him before pulling Yunho by the back of his neck and kissing him. Long kisses. Loving kisses. Happy kisses, that went on for a long time without any of them getting tired of it.

                “I should let you go back to study.” Yunho said against Jae’s lips, remembering that the latter had an exam the next day.

                “Don’t leave. We haven’t even tried the pie yet.” Jae almost begged with a pout that Yunho found hard to believe could be so cute on a grown man.

                “But don’t you have to study?” he tried to be the responsible one.

                “To hell with study. Come.” He picked up the pie and Yunho’s hand and dragged him to his bed.

               

 

                Yoochun arrived home late that night. He expected to found an exhausted Jaejoong sleeping on the living room like it had happened the previous night and he would have to scold him for treating his body like that, especially on his birthday.

                Surprisingly, the living room was empty and instead of books, the coffee table was filled with dishes. He remembered he had lent one of his keys to Yunho but he thought he would be gone by then.

                He walked to the room’s area and through Jae’s slightly open door he could see his two friends eating something on the bed while laughing like they had just heard the funniest thing on earth.

                Jaejoong seemed the bubbly guy he used to know and Yunho was waking up from that passive and disinterested personality he had for years.

                Chun smiled contently and went to his room to rest.