Backfire

New Face From the Past (New boy next door sequel)

 A/N: It has been over an year so to who is still reading this: THANK YOU! (and sorry for disapearing. Life happened!)

We all know the controversy surrounding Hyunjoong and his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend. I think Jaejoong and Hyunjoong were once very good friends (probably still are) and although many people may be very anti-Hyunjoong right now, i wouldn't take him out of the story in the midle of it. So yeha, for those people: just see him as a character.

Btw, I will finish this story and i definitly wont take another year to do that.

 =)  THANK YOU!


 

 

Chapter 14: Backfire

 

                When they got back to the camp the other guys were already up and fixing something to eat.

                “Wow, you guys look like …” Yoochun said straightforward when he noticed the new arrivals.

               “Why is Yunho the one walking weirdly? I thought it would be the other way around!” Junsu blurted out, seeming really confused.

                “I told you. Now pay me.” Changmin demanded.

                Jaejoong just laughed at his friends. He felt so light and happy he couldn’t even be bothered by their bets or their intrusive comments. After all, he knew they meant well.

                “YAH, I fell asleep in a funny position. My leg hurts, that’s why I’m walking weirdly.” Yunho defended himself, suddenly feeling his ego being attacked. Jaejoong rolled his eyes at the other’s try to be the more ‘masculine one’ and went to separate Junsu and Changmin who were starting a heated argument about who won the bet after all.

                “You look like you were run over or something.” Yoochun commented when Yunho sat next to him.

                “You mentioned that already…” Yunho growled.

                “I’m serious. It looks like you were up all night and your body doesn’t seem rested at all… Is Jaejoong that good?” the younger added with a sneaky smile.

                “Yah, do you want me to invade your private life like that too? Would you be comfortable with that kind of questions? Don’t you people know where the line between what is okay to say and what it’s not stands?” Yunho lectured.

                “Oh, ok, sorry, sorry.” A long moment of silence followed.

                “But he is amazing.” Yunho ended up saying.

                Yoochun started laughing and high fived his friend.

 

                Hyunjoong was watching everything from afar. He needed to head back home in that same morning so he was just watching the antics of the little group to make sure everything was alright.

             “What are you doing here all by yourself?” Jae sat by his side and snuggled against him even stealing a bit of Hyunjoong’s breakfast. The latter laughed slightly and was satisfied to see that Jaejoong seemed happy. Genuine happiness and not the façade he had been putting up for years.

                “Just making sure I can leave without worrying.” Hyunjoong said and pulled his friend closer, already missing him.

                “What do you mean?”

                “Jae I have to leave today and I don’t know when I’ll be able to come back here. Something happened and I might get a chance to become an actor, a real actor. You might see me on TV one of these days.”

                “Woah, why didn’t you say anything sooner? That’s fantastic. I’m so proud of you!” Jae squealed and hugged his friend tight. Hyunjoong chuckled at Jae’s mother like antics.

                “I’m pretty excited. I’ll be really busy though. I’m so relieved you are okay now.” He added as he scanned the group of friends around the camp once again.

                “Yah, what are you saying? It seems like you are saying goodbye forever. Stop that.” Jaejoong’s anxiety of goodbyes kicked in.

                “I am Jae.” Jaejoong panicked. “You and me both are saying goodbye to the old Jaejoong today, okay? I won’t call you daily like I used too, I won’t worry about you every hour and I won’t run here every time I think something might be wrong. You are okay now and you have the right person worrying about you.” Hyunjoong added with a soft smile.

                Jaejoong never felt the weight of his gratitude towards Hyunjoong more than in that moment. He practically owed him the very fact that he was alive and sane.

                “Joongie-ah…” Jae felt his eyes filling with tears.

                “No, stop. Don’t get like that. I’m happy with this. You’re my brother Jaejoong. I waited for a long time to see this moment, when you went back to being you, when you become whole again…”

                “I’m so sorry I always made you worry and that I was such a burden and…”

                “Oh stop it. I will always worry. I’m just happy that now you are letting more people in and I’m not the only one.” Hyunjoong said, sincerely glad to see his friend getting a chance at happiness.

                “I love you.” Jaejoong said with a cracked voice against Hyunjoong’s shoulder as he hugged him again.

                “I love you too, silly.” Hyunjoong chuckled.

 

 

                “Seriously? Are you seriously jealous?” Donghae approached Yunho who had his eyes glued to the emotional goodbye happening on the other side of their little camp.

                “No.” Yunho lied too obviously.

                “Ahahahah, you are such an idiot. If anything you should be thankful that Jaejoong has such a good friend!”

                “Pfff, it’s not like Hyunjoong is a saint…” Yunho mumbled under his breath but audibly enough for Donghae to catch and start laughing.

                “Oh, please. The guy kept Jaejoong away from all things evil when all of us just let him walk out of our lives. In my books he is a saint.” Donghae points making Yunho feel all the more jealous because he knows his friend is right.

                “What’s up?” Hyukjae joins the two and wraps his arms around Donghae.

                “We were just discussing what an idiot Yunho is.” Donghae giggles and ignores Yunho rolling his eyes at him.

                “He is indeed an idiot. But what made you conclude that this time?” Hyukjae joins the mocking and successfully avoids the punch Yunho tried to land in his leg. “Oh, let me guess: his jealousy!” Hyukjae adds when Donghae points to Jae and Hyunjoong.

                “Will you guys leave me alone? I was having a wonderful morning until you two decided to bother me.” Yunho complains.

                “Oh don’t kid yourself. It’s not us who are bothering you. It’s not even your jealousy over Hyunjoong. What bothers you is the fact that Jaejoong never seems to be that jealous!” Hyukjae smartly points and drags Donghae away leaving Yunho to realize he was just right.

                “A penny for your thoughts!” Jaejoong appears out of nowhere and startles Yunho. He sits beside him and as Yunho doesn’t respond he keeps talking. “Hyunjoong is about to leave. He has to be in the city soon. He has a chance to become an actor. I’m so glad for him!”

                “Hmmm…” is Yunho’s only reaction.

                “Are you okay? You seem… mad? Jealous?” Jae tries, knowing very well that Yunho never quite overcame his jealousy when it comes to Hyunjoong.

                “I’m not mad and I’m not jealous.” The younger replies but at the same time wraps a possessive arm around Jaejoong’s waste. The latter tries to hide a smile.

                “Then what is it?”

                “Nothing.” Yunho mumbles, still thinking about what Hyukjae had said and suddenly feeling a bit insecure. ‘Is he never a bit jealous? Does he take me for granted or do I mean so little to him his not afraid of losing me?’ these thoughts assault him and he feels like killing Hyukjae for having planted the doubt in him when just a few hours ago he couldn’t be more certain that Jaejoong’s and his relationship was stronger than ever.

                “You are behaving weird, though.”

                 “Just tired cause we didn’t sleep much.” at that Jaejoong smiled that devilish smile of his that could turn Yunho’s brains to goo.

 

 

                The last customer of the day thanked Yunho for his assistance before leaving the store but Yunho had long forgotten about him. He was playing with the silver ring on his ring finger. Its twin was being worn by Jaejoong and he absolutely loved that. He was unbelievably possessive about Jaejoong so he loved that those thin silver strands around his finger stated that he was taken and that Jaejoong was his.

                “Aishh…” he sighed. “Can’t I have a thought that is not related to Jaejoong?” he whined with his eyes closed as he hit his head in protest.

                “Well, what would be the use of that?” a melodious voice said, half chuckling, and Yunho opened his eyes to found the very object of his thoughts standing a few inches from him, smiling.

                Instead of answering Yunho pulled Jaejoong by the back of his neck and kissed him with enough intensity to leave the other breathless. Only Yunho could make Jaejoong feel like the most wanted person in the whole world.

                Yunho’s eager hands pulled on Jaejoong’s clothes and brought him around the counter, to his lap. Jae smiled into the kiss before breaking it to say:

                “Would you care to close the store and shut the blinds?” he chuckled as Yunho just kept trailing his neck with kisses. “Yunho!”

                The latter whined but finally got up and did what he was supposed to do as an employee.

                “I don’t want you risking smudging your reputation has the better sportswear salesman ever because of me.” Jaejoong joked. He had made very clear to Yunho that he thought he was wasting his youth in that job.

                “Right now I couldn’t care less.” Yunho mumbled, wrapping his arms around Jaejoong from behind and pulling him close. “It’s been too long since I last saw you. I have to make up for the time lost.”

                “You walked me to school this morning.” Jaejoong laughed as he turned around in Yunho’s arms “But, yeah, I missed you too.”

                “Good!” Yunho smiled before biting Jae’s lower lip in a very suggestive way.

                “I’m starving. Take me out to dinner.” Jae demanded with an evil smirk that put an end to any of Yunho’s less innocent ideas for the night but at the same time sparked some new ones.

 

                “Can I say I’m delighted that you changed your clothes?” Jae said when they entered the restaurant after they made a brief detour so Yunho could change to something other than track pants and a t-shirt. “You look good when you clean up. Maybe too good…” he added when a few pair of curious eyes landed on them.

                “You know I have to wear sports clothes at the store. I have to advertise what I sell.”

                “Do they pay you more for that? Cause the way I see it that’s modeling work. Hey, I could be your agent!” Jaejoong kept chatting happily much to Yunho’s delight.

                If a few months before someone had told them they would be together, having a meal and a silly conversation, with not a worry on their mind, they would surely laugh in disbelief.

                “Excuse me. I’m sorry for interrupting your meal…” a young guy approached their table. They had just ordered but the food hadn’t arrived yet. “You are Kim Jaejoong right? I saw you perform the other day and I really loved it. I was wondering if I could take a picture with you or maybe get your autograph…”

                Jaejoong practically chocked in the water he was drinking.

                “You want an autograph? MY autograph?” he asked, incredulous. The guy smiled and nodded yes.

                Jaejoong shared a look of disbelief with Yunho as he got up to take the picture. Yunho smiled back. His boyfriend looked totally adorable when he was caught off guard like that.

                “I had no idea I had… well, fans…” Jaejoong chuckled as he wrote down his signature in a napkin.

                “Of course you do. You made quite an impression with your live performances. You are kind of a celebrity in our school.” The unknown guy said with a wide smile. He was loving the attention Jaejoong was giving him. None of the two seemed to notice the sudden change in Yunho’s humor.

                “My name is Min Hyuk.” He said, landing a hand on Jaejoong’s arm very naturally. “Me and some friends are going to the bar at the corner after dinner. Show up and you’ll see just how popular you are.”

                “Oh, really? We might do that.” Jae said as a goodbye, including Yunho who thought to himself that was definitely not gonna happen. “He was nice!” Jaejoong said with a bright smile that could blind everyone in the room, when the guy had left.

                “If you say so.” Yunho didn’t even try to hide his irritation.

                “Are you mad? Oh, come on. Just be a tiny happy that someone actually likes what I do.”

                “I’m happy about that. But if every fan you gain is gonna be all over you like that guy…. How would you act if it was the other way around?” Yunho questioned.

                “Well, I might get a bit angry but then I would remember I have the hottest, nicest guy in the world and just let them have you for a second.” Jae smiled again.

                There it was again. Jaejoong seemed to be impervious to jealousy. Was he that secure of their relationship or did he just thought no one would ever try to steal Yunho away from him? The petty feelings from their last day at the camp came back and he needed to see just how indifferent Jaejoong could be.

                “Anything else I can help you with?” the girl who had been serving them approached the table.

                “Everything is great thanks. I think we would like a nice bottle of wine. What do you recommend?” Yunho turned his body and all his attention towards the girl.

                She was attractive. Very attractive. Her long lashes and light brown eyes were specially captivating. Plus with a lean body with legs that seemed to go forever, Yunho wondered why that girl wasn’t doing something else than being a waiter.

                “We have a very nice selection.” And she proceeded to recommend some red wines that would go well with the meal Yunho and Jaejoong were having.

                Yunho was completely focused on the woman so he couldn’t see Jaejoong’s expression but he was quite, way too quiet for way too long. That should have given Yunho a clue of the effect his little game was having in his lover.

                “I’m studying photography. This is just a way to pay for college. People are nice and many of them give me good tips so I can’t complain.” Somehow the conversation with the girl had evolved to personal topics. “Besides, the hours aren’t so bad. I get off in 40 minutes.”  Even a complete idiot could catch the hidden meaning behind the girl’s words. Yunho had successfully seduced her and still no reaction from Jaejoong. He decided it was time to stop and just be at peace with the fact Jaejoong just wasn’t the jealous type. Or maybe choosing a girl to make him jealous was a mistake.

                “Well then, I shouldn’t keep you any longer. You have work to do and I have to get back to my dat….” Yunho started saying and turned to the sit were Jaejoong was supposed to be sitting but it was empty. The food on his plate barely touched. “!”

                “He left a while ago. Didn’t you notice?” the girl said, all satisfied that she had captured all of Yunho’s attention.

                Yunho took a few bills from his wallet and passed them to the girl, in a rush.

                “That should be enough. Keep the change.”    

                “But…” the girl started saying but Yunho was out the door in a heartbeat.

                Jaejoong was nowhere to be seen. Just how long ago had he left the restaurant?

                Yunho rushed to his house hoping that’s where he had gone, and finally caught him in the building's stairs.

                “Jae, wait…” Yunho called, out of breath from all the running.

                “I’m tired Yunho. I’m going to bed. Go home.” Jaejoong said without emotion has he opened the door to his apartment. Yunho could only see his back but his slouched shoulders were enough to tell him Jaejoong was sad and he felt so guilty he thought he might get sick.

 

                “Let me come in.” Yunho demanded, putting his foot in the threshold of the door to unable it from closing. Jaejoong just walked inside, lifelessly. “Why did you leave without me?” Yunho said, once inside. He knew the answer but he just wanted to get Jaejoong talking.

                “You were busy.”

                “Yeah. I was busy having dinner with you.” Yunho corrected. “You shouldn’t have left without me. That’s not polite, that was very mean of you…”

                Jaejoong chuckled lightly before:

                “You must be kidding. I take you out to dinner. You get jealous because some random guy likes my work and then you proceed to tell your life story to Miss Korea of the waitresses? And you expect me to sit there like a good buy? ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME, YUNHO?” by the end Jaejoong was yelling. Yes, yelling and boiling with rage. Yunho had seen him angry but not like this. He didn’t know that he had awakened the beast in Jaejoong and now he had to deal with it.

                “If you were uncomfortable why didn’t you just say so?” Yunho asked, a bit pleased to see Jaejoong wasn’t indifferent after all. Far from that. But overall surprised and even scared with this side of Jaejoong.

                “Are you so dense you can’t work that out yourself? Should I have interrupted your little chat and say ‘I’m so sorry to interrupt but I’m not comfortable with this’??? I have my pride Jung Yunho and I won’t let you stomp all over it no matter how much I like you so you get your out of here before I lose my mind.”

                “I wanted to make you jealous.” Yunho said calmly. He had learned his lesson: never try to make Jaejoong jealous again. He was fierce when jealous. But he was happy because now he knew Jaejoong cared just as much as he did. If he could he would be jumping and dancing all over the place. But he had to deal with mad Jaejoong first.

                “What?” the other asked.

                “I deliberately tried to make you jealous. I felt I was the only one who ever got jealous or afraid of losing you and I just wanted to see if you…”

                “YOU IDIOT. YOU ING IDIOT. ARE YOU 5? YOU WANNA SEE IF I CARE? HAVEN’T I SHOWED THAT ENOUGH? OR ARE YOU JUST THAT INSECURE? LET ME TELL YOU IT’S NOT A GOOD COLOUR ON YOU, YUNHO. IF YOU EVER PULL A STUNT LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN I SWEAR I’LL BEAT YOU. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO PLAY WITH ME LIKE THAT. ARGHJHHH RIGHT NOW I REALLY JUST WANT TO HIT YOU. STUPID . HOW CAN YOU EVEN HAVE DOUBTS? YOU. I HATE YOU FOR HAVIG THIS EFFECT ON ME!” Jaejoong was panting from screaming so much but Yunho couldn’t help a little smile. He loved that guy so much he couldn’t believe it. Even this side of him, the mad and irrational one, he wouldn’t have Jaejoong any differently.

                He slowly walked to Jaejoong who was laying against a wall, trying to catch his breath, still wearing that smirk.

                “What?!” Jaejoong spit out when Yunho was just a few centimeters from him.

                “You look ing hot when you are mad.” Yunho whispered in Jaejoong’s ear. The latter felt a shiver go through his body just from the closeness and all the energy he was spending on being angry before was turned into lust. The effect those two had in each other was crazy, was violent and undeniable.

                In a second Jaejoong was practically straddling Yunho who finished the job and just picked Jaejoong up, carrying him towards the room while immersed in a fervent kiss.

                “I don’t know if I hate you more or love you more for making me feel like this…”  Jaejoong said against Yunho’s lips before they closed the door.

 

               

                “It’s like I don’t even have a house anymore. Aish….” Yoochun mumbled to himself as he picked up his jacket to leave the house. Junsu was already in his way up to the apartment so he met him in the stairs of the building. “Su, we can’t stay here.” He simply said as he wrapped an arm around the younger and led him down the stairs.

                “Hi. What? Why?”

                “Jaejoong and Yunho are in the house.” Yoochun explained.

                “But that’s good. I wanna go say hi.” Junsu said and Yoochun had to smile. Junsu was never very good at catching things if they weren’t bluntly said.

                “I missed how cute you are.” He said, making Junsu blush and completely forget about wanting to go inside.