The night they met

New Face From the Past (New boy next door sequel)

A/N: Hello Hello

So one fine day I open AFF, go check the coments for my story and almost pass out when i see "24 new coments".

It might not seem like much to some writers here on AFF (who have 24coments/hour) but to me it was like winning the Pulitzer xD I've never had so many comments in such short time. I wanted to reply to all of them but I din't have the time. I read them all thought and i really apreciate it. I will reply to alllll of them from now on, no matter how long it takes.

Than you so much guys. You are the best. Love you, love you love you!!! you make my day =)

I was a bit surprised that very few people talked about Changmin though. I'm having such a fun time writing about VolderMin =P

Here is the new chapter.

As allways: enjoy, comment and talk to me =) 


 

 

Chapter 3: The night they met

 

             “AHHHHH!” Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu screamed in unison when Yunho entered the house all of a sudden, looking like he had just seen a ghost. The three had started the movie without him, they deserved the scare.

          “What happened to you?” Junsu asked, worried, when he got past his scare. The others noticed too how Yunho was unnaturally pale.

               “Nothing. Here.” Yunho put the bags with food down but didn’t show intentions of joining them.

          “Aren’t you gonna watch the movie with us? We just watched the first 5 minutes. No need to get mad.” Yoochun said, apologetically.

                “I don’t feel like watching it. Gonna sleep.” Yunho said and with no further explanation walked to his room.

               “YAH! WHERE ARE THE DRINKS?” he could hear Changmin yell but he didn’t reply. He sure as hell wouldn’t go back to the coffee shop. And he decided right there that he wouldn’t tell them why.

               Now that Jaejoong being back in his life, sort of, was a reality, he wasn’t sure how he wanted to act about it and until he figured it out he wouldn’t say anything to the others. Rather unfair, especially to Yoochun and Junsu, but he just needed a couple of days to get his ideas straight and to put his heart back in place.

            He lied on his bed and closed his eyes. Even with his eyes closed he could see him, he could see Jaejoong. Not the memories of the teenager Jaejoong that he treasured so much. No. He saw the real Jaejoong, the man his Jaejoong had come to be, the man he had seen just short minutes before.

               Yunho bit his lip nervously. He was so different. He looked so mature. It was obvious 9 years had passed through him and at the same time it wasn’t obvious at all. Jaejoong still looked breathtaking beautiful. He still looked young and fragile and as always Yunho felt that need to wrap his arms around the older boy and protect him from the world, have him all for himself.

                 He had to talk with someone. Someone who wouldn’t ask too many questions, questions that he still couldn’t answer.

                 Grabbing his phone he hit the first number on the list and in a second his mother picked up on the other side:

                  “Sweetieee…” she squealed, delighted that her son took the initiative to call, for a change.

             “Omma!” he called and just by the tone of his voice his mother knew that something was wrong. She knew her boy needed her.

                 “What is it honey?”

                  Yunho took a deep breath. His throat was stinging from the tears he didn’t know he was holding back.

                “Omma, I saw Jaejoong!” He said. Minutes of silence followed. Mrs. Kim hadn’t heard or spoke that name in a couple of years because just the name brought pain to her son. She knew it wasn’t time to ask complicated questions. Yunho was certainly confused and overwhelmed by the return of a big part of his past. She asked simply:

                 “Is he ok?”

Yunho chuckled. Indeed his mother was the right person to turn too.

                 “Yes, he looks ok. He is all grown up. He looks healthy too. He’s working in a coffee shop near the university. His hair is black now.” Yunho smiled as he listed all the things he knew about Jaejoong from just looking at him from afar.

                   “That’s good.” Yunho’s mother said softly. “Did he see you?”

                A mother always knows what to say, what to ask. She knew Yunho wasn’t ready for ‘What are you gonna do, now?’, ‘Did you speak with him?’, ‘How do you feel about it?’. Yunho was more than thankful for that.

                  “No. I left before he could see me.”

                  “I see.” Mrs. Jung commented, no further judgments. “He must look good with black hair. I can’t even imagine how he looks now. I can only picture the baby faced teenager I knew.” she let out a little laugh while trying to imagine a grown up Jae.

                “He still looks like that. He still looks as beautiful. The black hair only makes his skin look paler, gives him that fragile porcelain look. When I saw him I felt so weird. I was angry, about everything that happened before but… but I wanted to hug him and have him only for myself.” Yunho shared more than he intended.

                    Mrs. Jung sighed:

                    “After all this time?”

                  “Always!” Yunho admitted, something he hadn’t wanted to admit even to himself. He tried to erase Jaejoong from his past, from his life. But the truth was that: a piece of his heart was Jaejoong’s. Always.

 

 

 

                 Two days passed.

               When Yunho had no clients in the store he would find himself practicing speeches for when he finally went to meat Jaejoong. It was driving him crazy. He didn’t know what to say, what Jaejoong would say or how he would react. Yunho didn’t even know what exactly he wanted or expected to happen if he and Jae reunited.

                 By the end of those two days the best he had come up with was to just appear in front of Jaejoong and see how thing would go.

                 “YUNHO-YAAA! Friday night!” Changmin invaded the store yelling in excitement, still carrying his back pack. Yunho was in the middle of closing the store and Changmin had just finished his classes for the week.

                  “Aishhh, don’t be so noisy. I like it better when you act all snob and know-it-all, you are quieter.” Yunho complained.

                “Well bad for you mister grumpy I had an awful week at school and I’m very happy that the weekend is here. I barely did anything else than look at books the past days.” Changmin made an expression of distaste. “I wanna go eat out. Let’s call Su and Chun! No, no! Instead let’s go meet them at home and change into nicer clothes and after dinner lets go out. Kaja!!”

                  “You spent all week playing with Kyuhyun, what are you complaining about?” Yunho uttered under his breath as he let Changmin drag him out of the store and to their apartment.

                 How Changmin seemed to not care at all about school and still managed to be on the top of his class was still a mystery for him.

 

                 “Woaa, Yunho looking nice.” Yoochun mocked him when he finally got out of his room dressed in tight jeans that made his legs look like a mile long, a V-neck plain white shirt and a black blazer on top. Simplicity suited him.

                 Yoochun and Junsu were wearing the best clothes they had brought with them, being that they were only visiting and didn’t have their whole wardrobe with them.

                 Changmin got out of his room wearing something similar to Yunho, only instead of a T-shirt he was wearing a dark-blue dress-shirt and his hair was styled up in a messy Mohawk with what seemed to be a grocery store’s entire stock of hair spray. It added some centimeters to his height making him look more tall and model like than all the others.

                “I haven’t looked this good in ages.” Changmin said has he gave the final touches to his hair at the mirror they had in the hall, a smug look on his face and a collective wail from everyone else when he winked at his own reflection on the mirror.

                “Yah, stop acting weird. You usually act all cool. When did you become so cheesy??” Yunho whined and pulled Changmin by the back of his jacket so they all could finally leave.

 

               They were at a semi-fancy restaurant. Changmin chose something were their dressy clothes wouldn’t look out of place but where they could still eat lots of cheap things and where no one would complain about their slight intoxication after one too many bottles of soju.

              “Bring us two more, pretty face!” Changmin said to the waitress as he pointed to his empty bottle. His words were slurred and his characteristic asymmetric eye smile was permanently plastered on his face as he seemed to find everything amusing.

               On a normal day Yunho would probably scold the younger and apologize to the young waitress for his inappropriate manners. But the girl seemed to like being called pretty face by the handsome drunk costumer and Yunho himself stopped caring after their last toast.

                   After 48h of wrecking his brains trying to find out how to deal with the fact that Jaejoong was a mere 500m away, he was exhausted and his overworked mind welcomed happily the numbness that the alcohol brought.

                 “LET’S DANCE!” Changmin yelled out of the blue. Yunho and Yoochun started laughing until their bellies hurt when the maknae walked out of the restaurant making some weird and uncoordinated moves. Junsu was left to take care of the bill, being him the only sober one, not an enthusiast of alcoholic drinks.

               Already out of the restaurant they let Changmin lead the way. The younger had stated pretty clearly that the three others were getting old and out of style. He would choose the place to continue the night because apparently he knew where all the ‘cool kids hang out’.

               Sure enough, in a matter of seconds they were in a badly lit, overcrowded, extremely loud club. 99% of the people where students that, much like Changmin, were overjoying with the fact that they had the weekend ahead of them.

                That sort of place wasn’t much their style, not even Changmin’s. But trying it once in a blue moon couldn’t hurt. Yunho wanted to keep his head busy and clear of thoughts that made his brain ache. The loud place was perfect. Changmin quickly found a thousand people he knew from college and started mingling. Yoochun was heading to the bar with a whining Junsu trailing behind him and saying he had had too much to drink already and Yunho was scanning the place.

                   The loud blasts of the music were echoing through his body and, with a little help from the disinhibition the alcohol brought, he felt  wanting to drown himself in the mass of people swaying their bodies in the dance floor, and dance until his bones ache.

                    “Come on.” Changmin appeared again by his side and dragged him to the dance floor before he could utter a word.

                    He barely had room to move, the place was too packed but no one seemed to mind. Bodies brushed against bodies in a hot, loud and inebriant atmosphere.

                     It had been a while since Yunho had gone out to dance. He missed it. The ‘dancing semi- in front of the mirror after shower’ wasn’t enough. Yunho started remembering his college times and how he was the ‘dancing machine’ of the class. He loved to stay in an empty classroom after hours, dancing alone in front of the wall-mirror. When did he let all that behind and settled for an average, little boring life??

                  His clothes were getting damp with sweat but he didn’t care. He could stay there the whole night enjoying the music, the movement and the buzz of the alcohol. Of course Changmin had other things in mind and pulled him by the wrist to join Yoochun and Junsu at the bar.

                       “Round of shots!!!” he yelled at the bartender who placed 4 colorful shots in front of them.

                    “You know I’m not gonna drink it. I’m starting to regret this whole night.”  Junsu complained, imagining how the night would end up with him dragging 3 drunk bastards home.

                       Changmin shrugged and drank two of the shots. Boy, was he drunk.

                      Yunho was eyeing Yoochun and Junsu. He was curious about them, about their relationship. They had been on and off over the time and when Yoochun went to the states he saw Junsu having fun with other people. Now seeing them together again it was like no time had passed since the last time Yunho saw the both of them together as a couple.

                       He was about to open his mouth to ask when Changmin yelled:

                      “HYUNG!!!”

                     At first Yunho thought the younger was calling him but when Changmin walked past him and fell in the arms of some other guy, hugging him tightly but messily, Yunho realized it might just be another one of Changmin’s hyungs.

                    Black hair, shorter than him, wearing tight pants with leather details and a grey dress shirt with little chains adorning one shoulder. That was the men that had Changmin wrapped in his arms and was saying something in his ear that made Changmin chuckle like a crazy person.

                    Yunho’s brain was slow and dumb but he was sure he knew that men, even if he was just seeing him from behind. He tried to make his drowned in alcohol brain work to remember who the guy was. He was reaching a conclusion, one that made his heart race, when the guy turned and faced him, Yoochun and Junsu.

                 “Jaejoong?” it wasn’t his voice calling Jae’s name. It was Junsu’s. His body seemed to have shut down and he couldn’t even utter a word. He just stared at the person he so wanted and dreaded to meet.

                      Jaejoong stared at the three people he remembered only as teenagers, looking as surprised as them. Changmin was still all over him, practically falling asleep on his shoulder.

                       Yunho didn’t like the sight at all but Jaejoong didn’t seem bothered by the heavy skin-ship of the younger.

                   Jae recomposed himself after the initial shock of encountering those familiar faces and smiled. A smile that left Yunho on the verge of having a heart attack.

                    Not a sweet innocent smile like the blonde shy boy Yunho knew used to sport. No. It was a mischievous, mysterious, compelling and deliciously wicked smile. He looked beautifully erted.

                     ‘Where did my Jae go?’ was Yunho’s last thought before he out.