Oh so Jealous

New Face From the Past (New boy next door sequel)

           A/N: Hello Hello Helllllooooo ^^

New chapter yay. The most fun to write so far!

Spoilers (but not really): JunHyung is the rapper from B2ST. I choose him because they did "Don't walk away" together and they are friends and I was looking at that picture of them and I was re-watching this http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/09/b2sts-junhyung-enjoys-some-karaoke-time-with-heechul-and-jaejoong and it just made sense. By the way have I mentioned how i love Heechul and his conections and how he is friends with everyone and makes his friends becaome friend of his other friends and doesn't care about what SM says and still keeps being close friends with Jae? well yeah, Hee-nim rocks.

Tell me in the commets what you thought of this chapter =)

Talk to me =)

Enjoy!

 

 

 

Chapter 9: Oh so Jealous

 

Yunho had just made the last sell of the day at the sports store. He was slowly locking up the place and checking the earnings of that day while wondering why that job was getting more and more dull, disinteresting and unfulfilling every day that passed.

              He used to like it. He liked the direct contact with people and the fact that that job was neither very hard nor very stressful. He never went home thinking about his work, it didn’t gave him those kind of concerns. Unlike Yoochun’s new job at a recording studio for example. The guy was only on his second week and he was already full of stress and always concerned with writing new lyrics or arranging the melody for some new song. Jaejoong said he had heard Yoochun got up at 4am and starting creating something in his piano.

          Yap, Yunho didn’t envy that. But he envied the look of satisfaction on Yoochun’s face when he finally finished a job and that sense of accomplishment that came with it.

                For the first time in years he was starting to notice his job was boring. His friends were all engaged in something creative like music, dancing or even just studying, and he was just living a simple little life with no worries. Not that it was a bad life. But he was 25. If there was a good time to experiment different, more unstable but much more fulfilling jobs it was now.

 

As he exited the store he threw that thought to the back of his mind. He would worry about it later.

         Now he had other things to occupy his mind with. Like the fact he had to drop by Yoochun’s and Jaejoong’s house to give Yoochun something that Junsu had left for him in Yun’s house. He didn’t even want to know what was inside the bag. The two of them had been so crazy about each other, now that they were officially back together, that Yunho was afraid if he picked inside the bag he would see something to personal.

         Anyway, he didn’t care about that. He was more interested in the fact that we would see Jaejoong. Yoochun moving to Jae’s house was really working out for Yunho, now he always had an excuse to see Jaejoong.

In a matter of minutes he was outside their door.

“Oh, hi. Come in.” Yoochun greeted him.

“Junsu left something for you at my place while you were at work.” Yunho explained and handed him the bag.

        “My new recorder!” Yoochun said excited.” I ordered it when I was searching for a place to stay so I gave Junsu’s address cause I didn’t knew where I would be living by the time it arrived.”

          “So that’s what it was…” Yunho mumbled to himself with a grin. “Where is Jaejoong?” he finally asked the question he wanted to ask ever since he stepped inside the apartment. Yoochun rolled his eyes:

           “You only come here because of him, right? I’m hurt!” he joked and Yunho chuckled. “He’s taking a shower. He’ll be out in a minute. I think he’s going somewhere. Wait, I’m just gonna put this away.” Yoochun said and disappeared into the corridor.

Yunho just sat comfortably in the living room. He intended to at least say hi to Jaejoong before he would leave.

          The doorbell rang and as no one seemed to care to answer it, Jae maybe still in his shower and Yoochun certainly trying out his new toy, Yunho got up and went to open it himself.

“Huhhh, hi?” he greeted with a confusion expression. Standing at the door was a pretty attractive guy, a little bit shorter than him, all dressed up.

“Hi. Is Jaejoong in?” the guy asked. As Yunho didn’t answer and just kept eyeing him weirdly the guy added: “I came to pick him up for our date.”

Yunho’s expression didn’t change and didn’t show how perplexed he was, but his arm started moving to close the door right in that guy’s face.

           Luckily Yoochun appeared before he could do anything stupid and held the door open.

          “Oh, hi. You’re Junhyung, right? I’m Yoochun, Jae’s roommate. He’ll be ready in a second.” Yoochun said, being all friendly, and the guy named Junhyung smiled in return.

                Yoochun left the door open but not really invited the guy in, and dragged Yunho back to the living room where he made him sit down.

                “Behave!” he advised Yunho.

                “Yoochun, I’m going out. Will you be alright eating by yourself?” Jaejoong half yelled as he made his way from his bedroom to the living room, not knowing exactly where Yoochun was. When he reached the living room and saw the two guys sitting on the sofa he felt a bit nervous.

                ‘I have to get out of here before my date comes…’ was the only thing going through his mind when he saw Yunho there. He failed to see how all the color from Yunho’s face was gonne and how Yoochun was firmly grabbing Yunho’s leg to not let him get up.

                “Hi, Yunho. I didn’t know you were coming over.” Jae tried to sound casual and friendly but Yunho didn’t respond.

                “He came to give me something.” Yoochun explained.

                “I see. Well I actually have somewhere to go. I’m glad you came so Yoochun won’t have to have dinner alone.” Jaejoong kept trying to make small talk even though he knew he was already late.

                All Yunho could force himself to do was smile. Not even a nice smile, a bitter one.

                “Huuh, Jaejoong… actually your date is waiting at the door.” Jae’s blood froze as those words left Yoochun’s lips. ‘Did he really have to call it a date? Damn you Park Yoochun!’

             He glanced at Yunho to see his reaction but the later was now looking at his hands, not showing the slightest sign of reaction and was obviously avoiding looking at Jaejoong.

                ‘Damn it!’

               “I think I should go then… I won’t take long, hang out with Yoochun and we can all do something together when I come back, ok Yunho?” was he’s pathetic attempt to get a reaction from Yunho but still nothing. “Well I’ll be on my way now. See you guys later.” He looked at Yunho one last time. He really hopped Yunho would be there when he got back.

                Yoochun and Yunho heard Jaejoong and the other guy greet each other enthusiastically before they closed the front door and finally left.

                Yunho took a deep breath as if he had been holding his breath for the whole time Jae was talking to him. He relaxed his tensed body, let his body fall to the side on the couch and covered his face with a pillow.

                “Don’t be like that. It’s one date. One. I’m sure there won’t be a second.” Yoochun tried to comfort him.

                “How would you know that?” Yunho whined.

                “Well… I don’t. But I know this: in a week Jae receives dozens of invitations to go out and this is the first time he ever said yes to one in a long time.”

                “Duzens? DUZENS? How is that supposed to make me feel better? And if he said yes to this guy it might be that he likes him. Well, I hate him!” Yunho howled from under the pillow that covered his face.

                “Oh, stop being so dramatic. You do not hate the guy. You don’t even know him.”

                “But… he want’s Jaejoong! I can’t accept that.” Yunho was now sitting up and looking at Yoochun.

                “Yunho... I’m not trying to be mean or anything but…” Yoochun started.

                “But?”

                “It’s really nice that you and Jaejoong are talking again and trying to make peace with all that happened in the past. I think it’s very good for you two to try to have a relationship. But have you thought that the kind of relationship that Jae is searching for might be just friendship?” Yoochun said.

                “Why are you saying that? Did he say something to you?” Yunho quickly asked.

                “No, no! I’m just saying that you should be prepared to the fact that Jaejoong might not see you like that anymore…”

              Yunho stayed quiet for a while. Those were hard words to hear but he knew Yoochun was just trying to be a good friend and help him deal with all possible outcomes.

                “Arghh, this !” he yelled in frustration. “Do you wanna go eat somewhere and have a lot of drinks?”

                “About that… I actually have to go back to the recording studio!” Yoochun said feeling kind of guilty he would have to leave his friend alone when he was going through all that drama. “Isn’t Changmin home? Maybe he can hang out with you!!”

                “Yeah right, and mock me and call me a little girl for caring so much about Jaejoong.” Yunho whined and Yoochun just laughed as they exited the apartment and went their separate ways.

 

 

                “Have you decided what you wanna order?” Junhyung asked. He and Jaejoong were in a fancy restaurant that left no doubt they were on a date. It was  too elegant for Jaejoong’s taste, not that he didn’t like to have dinner at a nice place. But that night he was much more in the mood for a relaxed dinner in a traditional restaurant where they could talk and drink with no worries of proper etiquette.

                “Hmm?” Jae mumbled, lifting his gaze from the menu that he was looking at but not really seeing anything. Junhyung chuckled.

                “I asked if you know what you wanna it. Is something wrong? You seem a bit distracted.”

                Jae put the menu down and sighed.

              “I’m sorry, you’re right. It’s just that I have something on my mind. Can you borrow me your cellphone so I can call my roommate? I will be 100% focused on this dinner afterwards, I promise.” Jaejoong asked with a killer smile that gave Junhyung no choice but to hand him his phone.

              Jae excused himself and went to a quiet area. He had definitely given up on having a cellphone. Now that his parents knew he was back in touch with Yunho they called many more times and had worse things to say than usual. But moments like that he cursed his life for not having a phone.

            Quickly he dialed Yoochun’s number. If he was lucky Yoochun would still be with Yunho and Jae could tell him to not let Yunho misunderstand. He wanted Yoochun to tell him he wasn’t exactly on a date, it was just… a meeting.

            The phone rang and rang and rang but no one picked up.

             He dialed Yunho’s number. He didn’t want to call Yunho, it made it seem like he had to give him explanations. Which he didn’t but at the same time he felt bad for just leaving Yunho there on his living room, watching him go out with some guy when they were still in the middle of the process of knowing each other all over again.

                Once again he waited and waited but no one picked up the call.

                “Maybe it’s because they don’t know the number…” Jae thought out loud and started to write a text message to Yoochun.

                Yoochun-ah, it’s Jaejoong.

                Are you still with Yunho? Tell him that….

He got stuck on that part. ‘Tell him that’ what? That he wasn’t really on a date because he knew that might hurt Yunho’s feelings? That for him Junhyung was just a friend and he didn’t want him to become any more than that because he would feel like he was betraying Yunho? That he only accepted to go out on that date because they are working in a project and Jae didn’t want to disappoint the other guy?

                “Am I stupid or something? I sound like a little girl in search of approval! Aish…” he erased the whole text. “Kim Jaejoong don’t freak out about a date with a friend just because now Yunho is back. You don’t even know how he feels about it. Maybe he is dating too. Stupid!” he mumbled to himself and went back to the table.

                “Is everything alright?” Junhyung asked.

             “Yes. I just had to tell something to my roommate, nothing important.” Some food, that Junhyung had ordered for the two of them, started arriving.

                “Which of your roommates? I thought you only had one actually.”

               “Oh, and I do only have one. Yoochun lives with me. Yunho is just… an old time friend.” Jae explained, knowing that that description of Yunho was lacking but not finding a better way to put it.

                “Oh, I see. Well you are pretty lucky to have longtime friends like them around you. Yunho seemed very protective of you.”

                “Yeah, he can be like that…” Jae agreed, swallowing the lump forming on his throat.

 

 

 

                “Wake up! WAKE UP!” Changmin screamed near Yunho’s ear when his normal tone of voice proved to be not effective. “Eww, where the hell we’re you last night? You’re clothes stink of booze and smoke. Oh, don’t tell me you got drunk. You have to work today!” He whined as he pulled the covers of Yunho and opened the curtains to let light into the room.

                “Arghhh, let me be. I didn’t sleep at all. And no, I didn’t get drunk. I just met with some people.” Yunho mumbled and covered his face with his hands.

                “I don’t care. Even if you didn’t drink you still stink so get your on the shower and take a cold bath to wake up or I swear I will dress you and make you go to work just like that.” Changmin threatened.

                Yunho dragged his body from his bed to his bathroom growling:

                “No he is all concerned and caring, yesterday he didn’t even spared me a minute of attention…”

                “I heard that and I’m sorry but I can’t be available every time you have one of your existential crisis and hit the bars! I was actually busy.” Changmin yelled from the kitchen.

                “It wasn’t an existential crisis.”´

                “Fine. A ‘Jaejoong’ crisis. Better?”

                Yunho didn’t even cared to respond and just entered the bathtub.

                A couple of minutes later he was all ready for work thought the dark circles under his eyes were proof that he hadn’t slept at all.

                “You look like crap.” Changmin said.

                “I love you too.” Yunho muttered as he got something ready for his breakfast.

                “No, seriously. Are you sick?” Changmin insisted. Yunho, who was the poster boy for healthy and sporty, was strangely pale, his eyes were red and the deep dark circles made him look like he had 2 months to live.

                “I’m fine. I just didn’t sleep at all. My head is killing me.”

                Changmin, being helpful for once, got him something for the headache and made him a nutritious milkshake that he had learned to make with Yunho.

                “Why didn’t you sleep?” Changmin asked, getting a bit worried about Yunho. Yunho noticed that and hesitated a bit before answering. He knew as soon as the name ‘Jaejoong’ left his lips Changmin would lose all interest and would just tell him to stop being a little girl.

                “Huhh, I… I went to Jae’s and Yoochun’s last night to give Yoochun something and I had the honor of open the door to Jae’s date.” He confessed and concentrated on drinking the tasty milkshake. Anything to avoid the rolling of eyes and the mocking that he was certain would follow.

                “Hyung…” Changmin called and Yunho looked at him a bit surprised. Not only didn’t Changmin mock him but he did call him hyung and seemed to be genuinely concerned. “I love Jaejoong-hyung and I know everything that happened between you two still affects you very much. But if you don’t find a way to protect yourself from him I will make sure you will never ever again lay your eyes on him. You did not commit a crime, he isn’t a god that deserves devotion and you should care about yourself a bit too.” With that Changmin got up and left the house to go to his classes.

                Yunho stood there with his mouth hanging open for a minute before he got up and went to check on a mirror how bad he looked to make Changmin so concerned.

                “And he pretends he doesn’t care…” Yunho mumbled to himself with a smile on his lips.

               

                It was nearing closing hours. Yunho was so sleepy he had dozed of a couple of times.

                “Are you done?” a voice surprised him.

                “Jaejoong? What are you doing here?” Yunho didn’t remember making plans with him. Jae was standing by the store’s door looking too good to be true. Changmin was right, he wasn’t a god but he sure could fool Yunho.

                “I came to see if you wanted company going home.” Jae said. ‘What a stupid excuse!’

                “It’s a 5 minute walk…” Yunho said in a much less happier tone than the one he usually used when it came to Jaejoong. He shouldn’t but he was a bit, okay a lot angry at Jaejoong for what happened the previous night.

                “Ok, ok. You were gone when I got home last night and I thought I would come and hang out with you for a bit. I’m feeling a bit guilty. Just play along and don’t make me feel embarrassed, ok?” Jae confessed when they were already outside and walking to Yunho’s place. He was sporting a shy smile and was even blushing a bit.

                ‘Damn you, damn you Kim Jaejoong…’ Yunho cursed in his mind when he felt like he was melting inside and all the angriness or jealousy or whatever from last night faded away. After all Jaejoong had come to him because he was feeling guilty. That could mean he cared for Yunho in a different way he cared for Yoochun, for example. Right? Yunho decided to believe so.

              That side of Jaejoong, the cute one, that he knew from so long ago, was his weak point. Jaejoong couldn’t possibly imagine what it did to Yunho. When Jae showed that side of him and dropped the tough, cool and ‘every one want’s me’ façade he had developed over the years, Yunho was ready to leave everyone and everything behind, forget about the rest of the world and just be with his Jae.

 “You don’t hide your face when you smile anymore.” Was the first thing that came to Yunho’s mind.

“What? Oh… that.” Jae mumbled, himself realizing that just then and blushing even harder.

          “Seriously, you’re gonna be the end of me.” Yunho thought out loud. That Jaejoong standing in front of him was HIS Jaejoong, he could barely fight the will to wrap him in his arms and hide him from the rest of the world. It was a known fact he was very selfish when it came to Jaejoong. He didn’t want to share him at all. He was so focused on Jaejoong he didn’t even realized he had said that out loud.

         “W…what?” Jaejoong mumbled. They were being so cautious in getting to know each other again that when Yunho spoke his feelings directly like that Jaejoong didn’t know what to say or what to do. His heart start beating faster and a warm sensation formed on his chest.

Yunho felt stupid for letting something like that slip. But he didn’t blush, he didn’t take it back, he didn’t feel embarrassed. It was the truth.

        “Like you didn’t know it already, Jae!” Yunho said with a mischievous grin that made Jaejoong’s heart start spinning. Without actually saying it Yunho had just confessed, he had just said that his feelings were the same they were all those years before. And he had gone back to the Yunho he used to be when he was a teen, more confident and cool though caring and not afraid of saying what he was feeling.

          Since they had reunited Yunho had been walking on his tiptoes afraid of saying something that would hurt Jaejoong, trying to make up for things that happened in the past or trying not to be too forward. Always treating Jaejoong like he was made of glass and not thinking abo0ut himself and what he wanted.

           But in that moment he had thrown caution to the wind and spoke for himself, for what he wanted and for once didn’t overthink what he was gonna do or how Jaejoong would react. For the past couple of months it had been Yunho running after Jaejoong but now he was taking the lead.

         It was a good thing they were already in front of Yunho’s house door and not in the stairs cause Jaejoong’s legs were slightly trembling and barely able to support his weight.

“Jae…” Jaejoong mumbled the name to himself. It had been a very long time since Yunho had called him like that.

          If Changmin had witnessed the scene he would most certainly roll his eyes and call his two friends stupid. He couldn’t understand how a simple sentence could make Jaejoong go all soft and change the dynamics of their relationship. Yunho and Jaejoong didn’t understand it completely either. But it was just the way it was always was between them: intense.

          “Are you coming in?” Yunho called from inside the house and Jaejoong finally snapped from his daydreams and entered. He couldn’t stop staring at Yunho and see him in a different light, in a way that most certainly didn’t agree with his boring outfits and his dull routine. “Wanna drink something?”

“Uhh, no. Thanks.”

        “Ok, just for me then.” Yunho sing songed as he grabbed something to drink. He was making a hell of a good job hiding the excitement he was feeling after have just practically confessed to Jaejoong. It was his time to play the cool guy. “So, why were you feeling guilty?”

        “You’re mean!” Jaejoong whined. Yunho was making him feel embarrassed about that when Jae had just expressly asked him not to. “And… I don’t really know. I just felt that way.”

         “It’s okay, there’s no reason to feel guilty. How was your date by the way?” ‘Wow, Yunho you are a master in concealing your true feelings. But it’s probably for the best. Jaejoong wouldn’t be very pleased if you told him you spent half of the night imagining scenarios where you accidentally on purpose gave that guy a minor injury. And now I’m talking to myself on the third person… great.’ He thought to himself.

       “It was not exactly a date. I am working with him on a song and he asked me if I wanted to have dinner. I just didn’t want to create a bad atmosphere between us as we have to work together…” Jaejoong tried to explain.

          “Well if you are single and the other person is single and he asks you out… it sounds like a date to me. Besides, you were really overdressed for just a business meeting.” Yunho a bit more.

          Jaejoong opened his mouth to say something but ended up closing it again, not really knowing what to say. So he just pouted. Yunho caught that and smiled.

“It was not a date and even if it was I’m not interested in him that way.” Jae mumbled after a minute of silence and pouting.

         “I see. Well, Yoochun tells me you receive dozens of date invitations in a week. You can end up meeting someone you actually like.” ‘What the hell am I saying? God, I hope he doesn’t, I hope he doesn’t.’

         “WHAT? Why in the world would Yoochun say that?! No, no. I don’t even care. Let’s end this nonsense conversation. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to have dinner tomorrow or have some drinks… that’s what I intended to say before the conversation drifted to Yoochun’s big mouth. He’s worse than Min…” that last part he mumbled in an almost inaudible voice.

          “Oh. Well, I don’t think I can.” Yunho said. At that point he just wanted to see Jae’s reaction. He was gonna follow Changmin’s advice. “Actually I have a date tomorrow.”

          In a millisecond Jae’s face turned into that impenetrable, emotionless mask that he had perfect over the years. But it told Yunho just what he wanted to know.

“Look, Jaejoong, it’s not…” he started.

          “No, no. It’s okay. You’re busy. Maybe some other time. I think I should go home now. See you later.” Jae said and exited the house even before Yunho could say anything else.

Yunho felt a bit guilty but at the same time happy, a small smile dancing on his lips as he dialed Yoochun’s number.

           “Jaejoong is gonna arrive home in a few minutes. Will you please tell me if he seems angry or something when he arrives?” he said to the phone as soon as someone picked up on the other side.

“Hello to you, too. Ok, I’ll tell you. But did something happen? Why would he be angry?”

“I’ll explain to you later. Just tell me okay?”

 

 

When Jaejoong arrived at his place he closed the door with a lot more force than needed making a loud noise that let Yoochun know he had just arrived.

He dropped his jacket and his bad on the floor as he made his way to Yoochun’s room. He entered without even knocking first.

       “Are you trying to destroy the house?” Yoochun tried to joke but Jaejoong was not in the mood. He kept pacing around the room with heavy footsteps. “Will you calm down? What happened?”

“What happened? What happened is that people are jerks!” Jae growled.

“Anyone in particular?” Yoochun dared to ask but Jaejoong ignored him.

          “I was feeling a bit guilty. I was even feeling like I was betraying him when I have no reason to whatsoever. I mean… I mean, we are not a cou… arghh anyway. The way he looked yesterday made me feel bad. I thought he didn’t like the idea of me going out with someone else, you know? I couldn’t even enjoy my dinner. So today I went to meet him and somehow try to apologize and make up to him by inviting him to go out. Apologize… pfff. I did nothing wrong. But you know what? He isn’t available tomorrow because HE IS GOING ON A FREAKING DATE!!! Do you see why I’m so mad? After feeling so bad I find out it was all in vain because he HAS A DATE WITH SOME FREAKING FRESHMAN IN HIS TEENS. Why did he look so down yesterday then? Hummm? Tell me! I could have enjoyed my dinner without the guilt trip. And Junhyung is a very nice guy, VERY NICE GUY. Arghh, why do I even care? Jerk, jerk, jerk, jerk!”

Yoochun bit his lip the whole time to prevent from start laughing.

He picked up his phone that was in his desk:

“Yunho, are you still there? I couldn’t answer because he barged into my room.”

“Yeah, I’m still here. I heard the whole thing.” Yoochun could imagine the silly smile plastered on his friend’s face just by his tone of voice.

          “Well, he just left my room after repeatedly punching my pillow and calling it ‘jerk’ and now I can hear him in his room doing the same. Bad day to be a pillow.” He heard Yunho chuckle. “Do you really have a date?”

“A girl that came into the store asked me out and gave me her number.”

“Wait, a girl?!? You’re going out with a girl?!” Yoochun asked totally dumbfounded.

“Ahahah, calm down. I didn’t say I accepted, did I?”

“Well then, why does he think you have a date? Did you lie?”

          “I did and I’m already feeling extremely guilty over it but I wanted to see how he reacted. I needed to know I wasn’t in a one-sided relationship for 9 years. Don’t judge me please.”

           “I won’t. but he is gonna be twice as angry when he find out there was no date after all. But I got to tell you, it’s nice to see these Jaejoong back. He has been so reserved and so in control lately, he doesn’t let himself loose, it’s weird. This is more like the Jaejoong I know. His opening up to you.” Yoochun said smiling.

“Yoochun-ah, I’m gonna get him back!”