Chapter 5

Textbooks and Tears (Under construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Sunday morning and I honestly just wanted to stay in bed for the rest of the day. I could feel that my eyes were swollen since I laid awake all night crying. I was thinking of a possible way to uplift my mood since I don't want Yoon-Jo or my mom to worry about it. I was considering reading a new book, but I realized that I need to finish my classmates homework.

I sighed as I took out my classmates homework from my backpack and sat at my desk. There was about 10 sheets of different homework to finish: Calculus, History, English papers, Biology, Chemistry, and Economic papers to do. Truth is, I spent more time on their homework than my own at this point. 

The chances of me getting into Seoul University is getting lower and lower as I am now neglecting my grades by helping others improve theirs. About an hour later of trying to start this Calculus paper, I heard the doorbell ring. I began walking downstairs when Yoon-Jo ran past me and got to the door first.

"Yoon-Jo, you know you aren't suppose to answer the door to strangers." I said sternly. Yoon-Jo pouted as he looked at me, "But, its my friend". "Oh really?!" I said feeling a pang of guilt for lashing out at him. Yoon-Jo answred the door to the smaller boy whom I've seen a few times with him while he waited for me to pick him up; Kim Jongeun.

His mother standing behind him, I greeted them both as I allowed them inside. "Hello Mrs. Kim, I'm Yoon-Mi, Yoon-Jo's older sister" I greeted her smiling. Mrs Kim beamed at me with a huge smile, "It's nice to meet you dear! is your mom here?" she asked. As I was about to turn to go get her, my mom appeared from out the kitchen.

My mom and Mrs. Kim greeted each other as they allowed to the two boys to play while they talked. I went back to my room to finish the homework. Another 30 minutes passed as I finished the calculus homework. My head began to throb from staring at the paper too long. I decided to go downstairs and get myself a glass of water.

When I went downstairs, Mrs. Kim was standing as if she was about to leave. "Are you leaving?" I asked. Mrs. Kim turned to look at me, "Yeah, I have work in about an hour." she said. She turned her attention to JongEun. "Jongeun, be a good boy while you are here okay? Hyung will pick you up in about two hours time" she said petting his hair as she said her goodbyes to us.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter