Chapter 26

Textbooks and Tears (Under construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was such awkward silence between Jongin and I as we were slowly going around the ferris wheel. I felt like he could hear my heart thumping as loud as could possibly be. 

"I know the whole thing between you and Luhan was fake" Jongin said finally breaking the silence. I kept staring down at the floor. "Oh... really?" I muttered. "I hope you know that the whole fair thing was a set up" Jongin also said again. I looked up at him.

"I do now. Luhan tricked you too?" I muttered. "No... he came and talked to me about this" Jongin revealed. My eyes widened. "What did he say?" I asked. "He told me that he couldn't stand seeing you tear yourself apart. He couldn't just sit back and watch you turn into a hollow shell until you move" Jongin said in a husky tone. "You know about me moving?" I questioned. Jongin nodded. I sighed and looked back down at the ground.

"Why did you lie to me at the hospital?" Jongin asked. I remained quiet for a while. "Yoon-Mi.... Why did you lie to me at the hospital saying you liked Luhan when you don't?" Jongin asked again, but this time grabbing my hands. I felt tears forming.

"I was scared" I whispered. "Huh?" He asked. "I was scared" I said louder. "Scared of what?" Jongin said tilting my head up as a few tears fell down my face. "I was scared of what Rae-Mi would do to me!" I blubbered. "You know I wouldn't allow her to do anything to you!" Jongin huffed. "YOU SAID THAT LAST TIME AND LOOKED WHAT HAPPENED!!" I hollered.

Jongin pulled my crying body into his arms as he pet my head. I continuously sobbed into his shirt. "This time will be different" Jongin said lowly. I looked up at him, "How is this going to be any different than last time?" I whined as I wiped my tears.

"Because this time... you will be my wife" He said pulling a ring box out of his pocket. Suddenly the whole entire fair had started lighting back up. I looked around and then quickly back at Jongin. "Jongin.." 

Jongin put the ring on his lap before he pulled me close to him. His hand reaching for my face and pulling it towards his. His plump lips softly landing onto mine. His other hand holding onto my hand. This time... I wasn't going to fight it anymore. 

Jongins hand slid from my face and to the back of my head and pulled my closer to deepen the kiss. I had tears running down my face and I kissed him back. For the first time ever, I kissed him back. He opened his mouth a bit and kissed me more before letting go. He looked at me with a deep chocolate eyes. "So... will you be the daughter-in-law that my mom always wanted?" Jongin asked again.

I quickly nodded as he placed a ring onto my left ring finger. I smiled happily and laughed a bit. Jongin pulled me into a tight hug. Soon, the ferris wheel had came to a halt as we reached the bottom. Zitao had let us out of the car and handed me a note. I looked at him oddly before I opened the letter:

 

To my dearest Yoon-Mi:

By the time you are reading this, Jongin has purposed to you and I hope you accepted sincerely.

I know I tricked you into thinking it was just a date for us, but I couldnt continue to fake something that made

you so incredibly unhappy. 

By the time, you read this. I will be at the airport getting ready to go back to China. If I didn't leave now, I would have made sure that Jongin didn't propose to you.

Meeting you was one of the happiest moments of my life! and although you never accepted my heart

I couldn't stop myself from accepting yours. 

We will meet again in the near future

I will miss you very much Baobei, my love

-Luhan

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter