Chapter 17

Textbooks and Tears (Under construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After being threatened by Rae-Mi, I shakily made my way into the school building. I made my way up the stairs when I saw Jongin and Rae-Mi with their friends. Jongin turned his head and smiled at me, but I just kept my eyes on the ground and continued walking up the second flight of stairs. 

For the rest of the day, I tried to avoid Jongin as much as possible. If there was one thing I wished for most right now, is that Luhan would show up. Out of all the days he had to be absent, today was the day. Sitting down at the lunch table, I tried to make myself hidden from Jongin, but that didn't end up working.

"Yoon-Mi, whats wrong? Why have you been avoiding me all day? I thought everything was fine this morning?" he said sitting down across from me. I looked down and ignored him, but he reached out and grabbed my arm. "Hey! Look at me" he growled. I shook his hand away and proceeded to get up and walk out of the cafeteria with him following right behind.

He grabbed my arm and brought me to a stop. "Whats wrong with you? Are you mad at me?" he asked turning me so I would face him. I glared at him, "You told me things would stop. You promised me it would, but in the end you just lied to me" I snarled. Jongin was confused and taken back. "What are you talking about?" he questioned. I could feel tears threaten my eyes. Typical Jongin, you promised that I wouldn't be bullied anymore, but you aren't even paying attention to your surroundings. Jongin hugged me and I quickly pushed him off.

"Don't touch me" I hissed and I walked past him. Jongin began to walk after me, but soon stopped when he heard Rae-Mi call his name. I made my way around the hallway and up to the rooftop. The air was cold and chilly. The sky looked like it was going to rain. I looked out across the school.

I should have never left Busan to come to Seoul. I should have never come to this school. Out of all the people I had to meet, I had to meet those two people. I should have remained the wallflower and not have spoken out of place. That is what got me here. I should have known better not to get mixed up in Jongin.

I sighed as I left the cold rooftop and retreated back to the warm classroom. Rae-Mi had kept Jongin preoccupied for the time being. I knew that Rae-Mi was beyond pissed that Jongin hugged me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter