Lay || Last Kiss (Completed)

Music & Lyrics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Kiss-Taylor Swift

The cold bitter wind kissed your skin making you shiver.

 

The only thing that became the source of protection from the cold air was his black V-neck shirt.

 

On the corner of the room near the big window of your apartment with your knees brought up to your chest, a sullen atmosphere was looming over you

 

The only sound that can be heard in the room was the pitter patter of the rain pouring softly and your silent barely audible breathing pattern.

 

He told me he loved me.

 

You just couldn’t help but just think about it.

 

How he said those words seemed so sincerely and real maybe they were but then if you look at it now everything he said seemed to be good to be true seeing your current state.

 

A bitter smile just couldn’t be held back as it grazes your features, those movements of your facial muscle should have translated happiness instead of pain.

 

Bittersweet

 

Those memories that help can’t but feel so pleasant to look back at but the aftertaste of facing the consequence of feeling pleasure lingers; pain and letting go.

 

Finally titling your head up, the traces of raindrops that was plastered on your window caught your attention.

 

Bringing your hand up gently to press against the glass window a strong wave of coldness hit your skin.

 

Huh, just like me it feels cold.

 

The room felt suffocating now that you thought of it, lonely and barren.

 

Like my heart.

 

That thought can’t help but cross your mind making you dwell more in self-pity

 

How he whispered those words that we just for them to know.

 

How the dark skied covered everything around them.

 

On top of her apartment building’s rooftop with sparkling wand slit for the sake of their enjoyment as they were both seeking for the beautifully scattered stars yet none were found and the sparkling wands were used as a substitute.

 

The only thing that became the source of light on that dark covered night

 

Exactly at July 9th at 1:58 the words he whispered caught her off guard, surprising her beyond her wits.

 

The sparkle of amber flames seemed to do his facial features good justice as for you he looked breathe taking.

 

“I love you.” He said with sincerity and realness accompanied with his facial expression that awfully backed up his words.

 

It seemed so surreal.

 

Those words

 

His feelings

 

His heart

 

Silence was followed with his declaration, the air that was filled and dancing with happiness moments ago seemed too died down with the sparkle of the fire.

 

After that what felt like the longest time that everything around him seemed to froze

 

A gentle smile was painted on your face as you replied back a

 

“I love you too Yixing.”

 

Then the next action left you surprised as he had pulled you by the arm to hug you.

 

The placement of your head was strikingly on the part of his chest where his heart was at.

 

It was beating loudly, like it would jump of his chest and shirt any moment.

 

And you liked it, no, you loved it, every second that his heart beat in that moment was something you cherished.

 

You loved how his heart’s beating pattern as it was a proof of what he said was true.

 

Thank you

You thought as you wrapped your arms around him, making him tighten his hold around you.


“Why did you have to go away?” You silently whispered to thin air.

 

Enveloping yourself with your arms was nothing compared to feeling those limbs encasing you emitting security and protection but best of all warmth. 

 

I wish for him, just one more time, to wrap me around his arms.

 

How every time he did so, coiling you around his form, you would always lean your head to his left side of his chest, where his heart was located at. Maybe it was just how the beating of his heart had a calming effect on you.  

 

Yixing was able to make you feel mixed emotions, emotions you had barely felt before he entered your life.

 

Zhang Yixing whom made you felt complete.

 

Yixing, the guy who stole your heart

 

Yixing, the one who you shared your firsts with

 

Yixing, the one that can make you feel you’re up in the highest possible level of happiness and also the one who can make you feel like you’re down on the deepest pit of the earth.

 

Yixing, the one who left you

 

Yixing, the one whom you’re still undeniably in love with

 

Yixing, the one you can’t let go of.

 

Yixing, the guy who you cannot move on from

 

He was definitely the meaning of yin and yang for you.

 

He was the boy in your class that was well-known for his passion for dancing and he was incredibly good at it.

 

Sure he was always the odd boy in the back corner of the room that seemed to always stare off at blankness yet he was friend and well acquainted with everyone thus making him popular. It was also his charming and above the average looks that got him well-known.  He was also really smart, as he was self-taught on how to play the piano and guitar that made him the number one act on your school festivals and such. Basically he was close to perfection. Maybe a tinge of weirdness but everyone has their own flaw but his seemed to come off as a charm and most of the time adorable.

 

And then there was you

 

The girl that is always on the opposite side of the room from him

 

The girl that can be classified as just on the brink of above normal from all the students

 

The well balanced kind of student, not the excelling kind but has enough common sense and neurons inside of her.

 

The kind of girl that was always in the background, the one that was great at blending in with the crowd

 

Your world was so different in colors.

 

Such parallel universe

 

Yet funny how a miracle happened

 

One day when you were up on the rooftop of your school, taking a little breather as you always had a slight claustrophobia, you wanted to just get away from all the people.

 

Looking out ahead of you seeing the vast scenery of you neighborhood, seeing the view of Changsa helped you relax for the time being.

 

What shocked you a little bit is that you felt a presence beside you. You didn’t even heard the door opening and closing for that matter but you didn’t dwell on the thoughts as the person is already beside you.

 

Turning you head a little bit you saw Yixing, the popular guy in your class.

 

He has his hands tucked in his pants pocket and just staring ahead as well, what you were doing moments ago.

 

Tilting your head a bit as you were questioning in your head why he was here and decided to stand beside you.

 

Shooing those thoughts aside you went back to staring at the view that was laid out in front of you

 

Silence dominated the atmosphere between the two of you; no words were exchanged as it felt like none were needed.

 

“Being surrounded with numbers of people gets suffocating huh?” Yixing finally decided to speak making you come back to reality from your reverie.

 

You nodded while looking at him with a cautious glance.

 

“I always wondered why haven’t you talked to me that much Xiuying? I mean I know I am also considered as the silent type but I seem approachable right?” Yixing stated while looking at you offering you a small smile.

 

It caught you off guard that he knew your name much less wanted you to talk to him.

 

You only shrugged as a reply to him.

 

You actually couldn’t phantom why this guy was even taking interest on conversing with you. It’s not like you considered yourself as an outcast but rather you were more into your world that people tend to just be an acquaintance of yours thus making you not talk to them a lot just a small smile and a nod would suffice for them so it bewilders you why this popular guy wanted you to talk to him.

 

“Still a girl with little words to escape her. I like that. You’re different, beautifully contrasting majority of the girls here in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter