Kai || Simple Words

Music & Lyrics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say that action speaks louder than words. Kisses, hugs, simple gestures that show that he cares. But can she survive with the absence of those three magic words? I love you.

-------------------------

"... and NaRu caught the bouquet!" Applause could be heard from the huge crowd of people because on the other hand, Kim JongIn got the garter.

...

"By the end of the year I assume that NaRu will be passing out their wedding invitations like promotional flyers." NaRu was with the newlyweds, with the bride talking.

NaRu just smiled at her friend's assumption. "If that will happen."

"You've caught every single bouquet at all our friends wedding and now mine too."

NaRu was hesitant to reply because the groom is JongIn's friend so she just stared at them.

"I got it." The groom nodded at the two girls. He loosened his grip on her wife's waist and kissed her. "I'll leave you two to talk. NaRu, I know JongIn has his issues, but trust me on this... he loves you so much." He then turns to his wife. "I love you."

How NaRu deeply wishes that she can hear those same three words from JongIn.

What is there to be insecure about? NaRu and JongIn have been together for a couple of years and not even once that JongIn had looked at other girls. To him, NaRu is the only one. But he never assured her of his feelings thru words.

------------------------------

"Is something bothering you?" JongIn had asked her once on their way to work. NaRu was silent since they left home and she had been looking out the window since then.

She looked at JongIn, held his arm and smiled at him to assure him the she's fine.

"You look sick." He felt her forehead. "Are you sure you're okay?" He pulled over for they were already in front of the broadcasting network where NaRu works. "Do you want to go to the doctor? Just skip work today." JongIn was getting really worried. NaRu has been like this after their friends' wedding.

"I'm fine, JongIn. I really am. I need to get going. I love you." NaRu was staring at him.

JongIn went closer to her and kissed her lips lovingly. "I'll pick you up later. Call me if anything happens, okay?"

She's upset for the nth time and little by little she's starting to show it. Her smile was slowly fading. "Okay. I'll go in, then. Bye."

...

Doesn't he love me that much that he can't say them to me? Or it's because he doesn't love me at all?

She had been asking those questions since day 1 and she'd lost count. Once. Twice. Thrice... until she grew tired of counting... of waiting. But her love for him was enough to have herself still into the relationship and the sight of Kim JongIn every single day she wakes up makes her heart flutter non-stop... what can a weak girl do?

Oh how she wishes that one day she'll wake up married to him and pregnant with his child. How pleasant. But no... JongIn never dared to cross that line between them and making out was the farthest that they've gone.

She was waiting for JongIn in the lobby. She told him over the phone that she'll just take a cab home because he's busy in the office. But he insisted saying "I'll just tidy things up here and I'll go there. Just give me five minutes, okay?"

"Thinking too much again?" NaRu lifted her gaze to see her guy best friend. Before she could even react a little boy went up to her and kissed her cheek.

"Awww... my favorite nephew is here? Why is that?" The little boy is sitting on her lap, making himself comfortable.

"We're just waiting for his mom to finish work so we can take him to the park to play." Her best friend answered for the kid.

What a cute family. A mom, a dad; and a baby... I wish I can have my own family.

"Problem is still the same?" Her bestfriend asked... and all she could do was nod. "NaRu, when he doesn't say he loves you, it doesn't mean that he doesn't, okay?"

"But I love Aunt NaRu, daddy." It made NaRu laugh, kiss him even. "But daddy said I can't say I love you to you because Uncle JongIn will get jealous."

"Don't worry... since Uncle JongIn never said I love you to Aunt NaRu, its fine, dear."

Still, there's sadness in her tone.

--------------------

He was just there... up in his office, thinking to himself. Am I being unfair to her? For the longest time, he hadn't seen her that unhappy.

Usually they sleep cuddling... or facing each other... or NaRu leaning on his chest. But last night was different. She slept with her back facing me. She didn't kiss me good night. She didn't tell me how her day went before sleeping.

He's thinking about NaRu all day then his mother's words struck him.

"When will you get married Kim JongIn? You and NaRu are not getting any younger. How long have you two been together?"

"Going to be four years in a few weeks."

“And still no plans of getting married?”

“I do.”

“But?” His mom asked him.

“I don’t know… I feel like I’m not worthy of her love.”

His mom just smiled at him. “Do you actually think that NaRu is the kind to think that way? She's a really nice girl that any mother would want for her son."

"I'm sure of that mom. But I have fears."

"Of what?"

JongIn was interrupted by a loud knock on his door. "Come in." It was his secretary. "What is it? You could've called my line."

"I did, sir. I transferred Ms. NaRu's call thrice, sir and she told me no one is answering. I said I'll check on you sir and even asked if she had a message for you. It sounded like she was in a hurry.”

JongIn immediately dismissed his secretary and fished his phone on his pocket. They will be having their anniversary dinner at 7pm. It’s time. “Hello, baby. You called the office line?”

“Are you busy?”

“No. I’m just in the middle of thinking something.”

“I went home without you. I hope its f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter