Xiumin || Little Things

Music & Lyrics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don’t you know that you smile while you sleep?

Don’t you know that the corner of your eyes arch cutely?

Don’t you know that your lips look so soft?

Don’t you know that your cheeks blush in the morning?

These are the reason why I keep on waking up earlier just to watch you sleep.

I just want to stare at your sleeping beauty.

 

Don’t you know that I’m falling for you now?

 

 

 

“Good morning.” Xiumin mumbled as you slowly open your eyes.

 

Caught off guard of his gaze, you shifted your position to avoid his crystal gaze.

 

“G-good mor-ning.” Your voice failed you and ended up stuttering.

 

He is staring at your back while smiling on how you stuttered with his simple morning greeting. He wants to assume that there is something.

 

“Let’s cook breakfast – together.”

 

Your ears perked up upon hearing the word together.

 

Before he could grab your hand and force you to be his cook mate, you throw the blanket that covers your shivering body that landed on his face.

 

“I’m going to eat breakfast in the office. I have tons of paper works to do.” You ignore his offer on you as you stand up and go to the bathroom.

 

He watches you with a disappointed look on his eyes. He’s hoping that at least you will pay attention to him and give him chance to love you.

 

“O-kay.” He sighed then buried his face on his pillow.

 

When will you notice my feelings Jaekyungie? Xiumin asked himself.

 

 

Inside, you stared on the pink mug resting beside the faucet. In it are two toothbrushes as if standing proudly – one for you and one for Minseok, your husband.

Kim Minseok used to be your husband for almost 9 months and honestly speaking, husband by papers. There is no love attached; you were force to marry him because of your parents and so he is; both of you are bound to a loveless relationship.

For your parents’ sake, you agreed unto something that in the end, both of you will regret.

 

What if you find your one true love?

What if you fall for someone else?

 

You just let the pieces fall unto their places. Hoping that this arranged marriage you are into will at least work out.

Until when?

You don’t know, only God knows.

 

Will there be a change of heart?

 

You grab your blue colored toothbrush and put an ample amount of toothpaste. As you brush your teeth, all you can do is to stare at your messed up hay-like hair.

How can this car avid fan husband of yours fall for you if every morning, this ugly you welcomes his cute squishy face?

You keep asking yourself on the impossibility of Minseok falling in love with his ugly used-to-be-wife – you.

 

Yes, there is a change of heart. You are falling in love with this cold hearted-guy.

 

Is it possible for a married couple to fall in love in their ‘forced’ married years?

You guess so. The only question that is still bugging you was, when will Minseok fall for you?

 

For the first three months of staying on his fully paid condo unit, you’ve seen how this cold-hearted guy ignores you. You don’t love him and so he is but for the sake of being a good wife, you tried your best to show him how a good wife cooks, cleans house, prepares everything and the likes but in the end, all you felt is his ignorance and rejection.

Little by little, all these action of yours turns to be out of your league.

You are preparing his clothes for work.

You are cooking his favorite breakfast every day.

You are cleaning his mini office every day.

You are waiting for him till midnight every day.

Bad for you, you’re just the one who fell hard.

 

“I hate you Baozi.” You mumbled on yourself as hot tears trickles down on your cheeks.

 

You went out after almost one hour. You must be carried away with all your silly thoughts and didn’t even notice how long you are inside.

When you went down with all your things on your bag, you saw foods on the table with sticky notes on it.

You took the yellow sticky note on your glass filled with milk.

 

Milk is good for your skin so drink it. Stop drinking coffee, okay?

 

Unknowingly, your lips curved to a thin smile.

 

Then there is another note on the covered bowl. You opened it then notice that it is still hot. Did he cook it?

 

I’ve cooked porridge for you, it will freshen you up. Don’t skip meals.

 

Another smile lightened up your face.  You look on your watch and saw that you still have a 20 minutes allowance so you took your seat and eat everything.

You might be wondering with the sudden change but your insecurities and doubts still bother you. How you wish all of these are true.

Because you don’t want to be late with your appointment today with a client, you ate as fast as you can.

At least, Minseok made you smile a little bit.

 

 

Minseok almost buried his face on the papers he has to sign- all are for his approval. As the head of the design department of a car company, he has to be sure that all the designs will be liked by the market. But behind his busy aura, his smiles are still evident. He can’t help his self on smiling alone on his four-cornered room, aside from the fact that the wall as made from glass. This made the staffs of his department smile out of the blue too. For all the years, this cold-hearted guy they knew knows now how to smile.

Since Minseok got married, little by little, changes began to occur on his actions then to his behavior.

He’s learning to be more human.

 

“Knock. Knock.”

 

Minseok looked up and saw Luhan, his best buddy grinning like a maniac at him.

 

“Don’t look at me like that.” Minseok pointed his fountain pen on his friend.

 

Luhan sat on his table and pat him on his shoulder, “Well, well, well, look who’s the maniac? Am I?”

 

Minseok raise a brow on him. Luhan sat down on the chair in front of the table.

 

“Look, everybody now thinks that their boss is crazy. Glass walls Umin, glass-walls.” Luhan emphasized it more.

Minseok shook his head, “Sorry, I just can’t help remembering something.”

 

Luhan stared at his friend,”Is it about Jaekyung again?”

 

Minseok blushes. That’s the answer Luhan is waiting for.

 

“That’s it. The twenty-six year old friend of mine really knows how to smile now. You love her. Finally, you love her now.” Luhan almost rejoice on his newly found fact about his friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter