Kris || Told You So

Music & Lyrics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

listen to this: 1 2

Prologue

 

Two years ago.

Yi Fan pushed Yenne towards the bed and continued kissing her.

It was their second year anniversary as a couple—and Yi Fan was planning to propose to her tonight.

But he can’t control what he feels right now—it was too hot to handle, and he’d gladly take the share of being burned.

He kissed Yenne’s neck as his hands travel down her blouse, ing it. His lips traveled down her chest, marking her. Yenne moaned at the heat brought by his lips, and the delightful pleasure it brings her.

They haven’t done this in their entire years of being together—Yi Fan was always in control, thinking that lust wouldn’t be good if it rules. This night was different though, and Yenne seemed to give her consent.

Yenne undone his clothes as well and even unbuckled his belt to zip his pants open.

He chuckled at the willingness his girlfriend have. “Baby, take it easy, we’re going to do this slow,” he as he pulled down her skirt along with her .

“Grr Yi Fan stop teasing me do it now,” Yenne demanded, pulling him.

“But I will hurt you…”

“I know you will take care of me.”

“I love you Yenne…” he kissed her again, this time, with his hands touching her, setting her on fire.

When he entered her womanhood, it hurt, but his kisses muffled her scream and soothed her with his sweet nothings.

She cuddled in his embrace—and enjoyed the warmth of his body.

She slept in, and Yi Fan just allowed her. He took out a small box from his pants, and put it on the nightstand. He wrote a note on it then went back beside Yenne and held her in his arms.

 

Morning came.

Yenne woke up before him, and carefully removed Yi fan’s arms around her.

She stood up and pick up her clothes, despite of feeling sore all over. She immediately put on her clothes and took her bag.

“Just where do you think you are going, Yenne?” She froze as she heard his voice. She intended leaving him quietly as she could.

“Yenne,” Yi fan stood up, uncaring of his .”Where are you going?” he asked firmly.

She turned her back and said, “I am going home.”

“You could have waited for me so I can just bring you home,” he started picking up his clothes and putting them on. Yenne can feel that he was pissed off.

“Yi Fan…” she called out, as he was about to head the door.

“Yes baby?”

“I have something to say…”

He looked at her—smiling, as if the tension was never present earlier. It made it hard for her.

“I…I am breaking up with you.” She said, unable to look straight to his eyes.

“What?” Yi fan stood up with anger slowly registering on his face. “I’m sorry…” Yenne said, bowing down. She held back her tears—as she wanted to stay firm with her decision.

“You just can’t break up with me, Yenne.” Yi Fan said, controlling his anger and disappointment with his fiancé.

Yenne gulped—hoping her voice will not waver, “I just happen to fall for someone else, Yi fan. I am really sorry.” She stood up, with aching from the unshed tears and kept emotions. She then turned back at him, I am sorry baby. I just can’t let you stay with me. You can’t love me anymore, she thought, letting all the tears flow from her eyes.

“You’ll regret this Yenne, here I thought you are the one for me.” He was too shocked, and the reason she gave was too unexpected. He was angry—and before he can move a muscle to hurt her, he stormed out of the room.

“I know. I’ll regret this all my life.” Yenne whispered.

It may be the last time she would see him—or never.

 

1.0

 

Present time.

 

“Kris,” he looked back and saw his sister, Yumi. “Would you mind doing the meeting for the Lee Group?”

He was stunned. Lee Group. The name rang in his ears. She’s the heiress of that company. ”I’m busy, Yumi. Weren’t you assigned for the transaction with their company?”

Yumi snorted, uncaring if she saw that glint of anger in her brother’s eyes. “You were just afraid that you’d meet Yenne-unnie there.”

He glared at her. “No. I told you not to mention her name again.”

“Yeah. Whatever, Kris. You’re not really over unnie again, are you?”

He was taken aback by his sister’s accusation—it can’t be helped since Yenne and Yumi are friends.

“I don’t know what you were saying.” He denied avoiding his sister’s prying eyes. “And I have Ah Ra right now.”

Yumi grimaced. “That of a girlfriend you have?”

“Watch your language Yumi!” he shouted. “She’s still my girl. Where are your manners?”

She just sneered. “Oh. I forget about it when it’s her.” She turned her back, “See you later, Kris. I have a lot of catching up to do with Yenne-unnie.”

What? She’s here? He said, stopping himself from calling back his sister and… No. I will not. I’m over Yenne already. I’m done with her. And I love Ahra.

 

1.5

 

Yenne patiently waited for Yumi at the coffee shop at their company’s building. She looked at her phone, saw messages, and missed calls from Jong Dae. She just turned the device off and focused on the book she brought along.

She came back from America yesterday. She was too adamant on insisting to Jong Dae that she should see Yumi, as she was the only friend she had.

 

“But Yenne, you can’t just go out.” Jong Dae scolded her as he prepared something for her.

“But JD, I wouldn’t be out for long. As for my hair if you’re worried, I can always do something with it. Just let me out this once, JD, please? Please?” She even hugged him for the begging effect.

Jong Dae just sighed. “Okay. But I will be the one to drive you to wherever you’ll go. I will fetch you as well after.”

“Thank you JD!”

 

She smiled at the thought of Jong Dae. He took care of her as she went with him to America—and up until now that she’s back to Korea, Jong Dae didn’t stop doing so.

 

He’s like a brother who looks after me. She thought. But I want to be free before confining myself again.

 

She smiled bitterly then took a sip on her green tea frappe. She never liked it before—it was like drinking blended grass with milk for her. But because of Yi Fan, I learned to like it. She was not allowed to have coffee—and due to some sentimental value, she orders that drink every time she goes to that shop back at LA.

She looked at the time—it was four o’clock in the afternoon and she was feeling cold all over. It wasn’t even autumn nor winter at Seoul; instead the summer sun outside the shop still gives heat—but not for her.

She was sweating again and feeling nauseous. Not now. I have already taken that medications for safety and now I am it again? She complained to herself. I’m just out for two hours.

 

She took her phone and turned it on. She saw Jong Dae’s messages.

 

Yenne! You didn’t take your medicine for…

 

That’s when she felt scared. She called him up. “JD?”

 

“Yenne. For Pete’s sake! You’re making me worry! You didn’t—“


“I know JD. Please, I’m feeling ill now. Please take me home.” She said, controlling her voice.

“Okay. Got it. I will go there—just keep your phone open so I can locate you, okay? I’ll be there. Wait for me.” The he’s off the line.

She sighed. Thought this is going to be great—but no. I should have obeyed JD.

Meanwhile, Kris, entered the café—and went straight to the counter to order. He was on his way to the car park. “Green tea cream frappe, grande,” he told the cashier. He waited on his order when his attention was caught by that familiar face.

Yenne… He just whispered. She was sitting by the window, sipping on that green tea frappe and reading a book.

He was dazed. His heart was pounding hard—that familiar feeling. He can’t believe with his two own eyes—after two years I am seeing you again, he thought.

“Sir?” the barista called his name that shook him to reality. He took his frappe, sat at one of the chairs far from her, and watched her intently—as he cannot believe that she’s there.

 

Her hair doesn’t seem to be that way before, he thought, as Yenne was sporting that short hair. He was used to see it long, and he would bury his face into it as he whispered sweet nothings to her. He combs it with his fingers as he kisses her—Oh I should stop walking down memory lane, once again, he prevented himself. She isn’t worth keeping in my memory anyway…and she just threw everything away.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter