Zitao || Fearless

Music & Lyrics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 14

Hana and Zitao sat across each other at a dining table of the restaurant that their parents owned. They had no idea of the reason for each other’s presence, but their curiosity was hidden by the silence of the two.

Their parents arrived and greeted them. “Sorry we’re late. Traffic was hell.” Hana’s mother said as the two couples sat down. “Mom ? Can you go with me to the ladies’ room?” Hana said to her mother who looked puzzled “But why sweetie? Aren’t you a grownup girl already?”

“It’s… you know..a girl problem.” Hana said as she grabbed her purse and her mom’s hand then went to the ladies’ room.

“I thought you had a girl problem? Why are you still not inside any stall? “ Hana’s mother asked as her daughter stood in front of her with crossed arms and a face like that of a detective conducting an interrogation. “What’s going on mom? Why did you invite me here in your business meeting? And why did you have to have me dolled up? It’s not even my birthday yet. And with that jerk from my school?”

“It’s the night of your engagement with Zitao.” Her mother said.

“The what? Of my what? With what?” Hana said with her jaw dropped and her eyebrow raised. “Zitao’s a who, sweetie.” Her mother said.

“He’s a what. But what did you say before that?” Hana was still stuck in the state of shock.

“It’s the night of your engagement with Zitao” her mother sighed .  “Yeah I heard it the first you said it I just couldn’t believe it.”

“Sweetie are you okay? “ Her mother touched her forehead but she flinched. “No I’m not okay! Why would you, how could you, with that person?!”

“But didn’t you say that he was husband material ? Last week? During your aunt’s birthday party?”

“You were the one who said that I just nodded all throughout. I didn’t want to rant about her son’s attitude problem on her birthday.”

“Well we all thought you were serious. That was what Zitao was also doing. He was also nodding and saying ‘yes’ to everything I said about you. Especially on how you would make a good wife to him.”

“Wasn’t he already drunk that time?”

“Oh. Right. But whatever, you’re still engaged. We’re already  even working on the wedding venue and date.”

“You , you’re impossible.” Hana walked out of the ladies’ room without looking back at her mother.

 

Day 20

“You and Zitao are going to the wedding planner to discuss things out. You may request anything you want. Don’t be shy.” Hana’s mother said on the phone

“Really”? Anything I want?” Hana said. “Yes. Anything.”  Her mother replied

“Can I request that this nonsense wedding be cancelled?” Hana carelessly said to her mother, who just opted to control herself instead of scolding her daughter for her attitude.

“Hana. Just, just don’t do anything stupid okay?”

“Oh you mean going through this wedding?” Hana fired back. “Come home before dinner. I’ll just see you tonight.”  

“Looks like someone’s attitude is on a roll today.” Zitao said after Hana ended her phone conversation with her mother.  Irritation grew more on Hana’s face the moment she heard Zitao’s voice.

“Why don’t you just shut up and drive? Let’s get thing over and done with. “ Hana said while fastening her seatbelt.  “Why are you such in a hurry to marry me? Don’t worry, we’ll get there. Babe.”  Zitao said as he started the engine and began driving.

“I’m not. WE’RE NOT. And I’M NOT YOUR BABE. Gosh, why are you so annoying?”

“Because you look cute when you’re annoyed.” Hana was silenced with Zitao’s reply. She leaned back to her seat and just looked at the window to hide her reddened face.

Zitao on the other hand wanted to smash his head on the stirring wheel for letting those words slip out of his mouth.  “Why do they keep pushing us to each other anyway? We can’t even stand each other.” he said to break the ice and change the subject.

“They obviously just want to secure the business. They only care about money.” Hana crossed her arms and stared straight to the front window.

“Want to ditch the wedding planner?” Zitao suggested. “What?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter