Comeback

Living With EXO!

Practices resumed since their comeback date was fast approaching.  They practiced hard and only had short breaks.  The boys were exhausted but they didn't mind.  They were doing what they loved, and behind that reason, was another reason... her.

They couldn't deny that they had growing feelings for Yumi, they couldn't be stopped. Not by Jim, not by the management and when time would come, not even the fans.

They wanted to protect her from anything that would hurt her, without her knowing, she became the direction of their lives.

That week, they rarely got to see her because of tight schedules.  She couldn't come because she was getting frequent headaches from flashbacks, so she was advised to just stay home.  It was lonesome, but she managed.

During the weekend, EXO was called to have a rehearsal at Music Bank for their upcoming comeback performance.  Yumi was feeling a bit better, so she tagged along.

She would never get used to how EXO would perform, how their voices sounded to well and how they danced like they were born to do it, (well, except the dragon named Kris who is just awkward but made up for it with his rapping skills).  They were the epitome of perfection, or maybe she was just a fangirl.  But she wasn't, because she's living with them.  She knew them all personally, and she has a growing connection with them.

"Adjust your distance guys, make sure you spread out evenly.  Baekhyun, you're supposed to be a little bit forward during the chorus."  The in-charge said through a microphone.

After a few more minutes, they were off the stage and headed to the back where Yumi was.

"Wow, you guys were good, can't wait to see it tomorrow!"  Yumi pumped her fist up in the air.

"Yeah, I hope I don't forget the routine.  I usually do at practices."  Kyungsoo said with slumped shoulders.  "Don't worry about it, I'm sure you can do it!"  She softened and encouraged the lead vocalist.  He brightened right away, "thanks Yumi.  That means a lot, coming from you."

----

The next day, everyone was busy.  EXO's make-up artists and coordinators were busy and EXO was anxious about their comeback.  Would their fans like it?  Did they like the teaser?  Are they looking forward to their comeback?

Yumi wanted to help really, but she was lost.  People were rushing and she might become a burden, so she just waited patiently at the benches.

A guy came in and informed EXO they were up next in 5 minutes.  They were ushered out of their dressing room, near the stage.  A few artists conversed with them like BTS, Teen Top, Infinite, Miss A and Sistar.

A Pink's performance just finished, and it was time for EXO to get up on stage.

"Good luck oppas!"  She beamed, and they smiled from ear to ear.  "Thank you!"  Suho waved.

The crowd went wild and started chanting EXO.  Their performance was marvelous, and Yumi was sure of it that the fans loved their performance.  She could also tell by the look of their faces, that they were pleased.

She felt her heart burst with warmth, seeing the 12 happy.

After their performance ended, they went to find Yumi backstage.  She was waiting for them with two thumbs up.  "Jjang!"  there it was again, her contagious smile.

"How'd we do?"  Chanyeol asked.  "You guys did great!"

Everyone was congratulating them.  "Dude, congratulations!"  A voice too familiar for her said, she didn't know if she wanted to see the face of whom the voice belonged to.

"Thank you!"  they chanted.

"That was probably your best performance yet!"

"Your words are very flattering hyung, but we can still learn a lot from you."  Kris sincerely said.

Suddenly, their attention was shifted to the girl at the back and she was too familiar for them not to recognize at first glance, even if it was just her back.

"Yumi!  Is that you?"  The voices from her flashbacks asked.

She didn't turn.  She didn't want to.  She wasn't ready.  She hasn't even told anyone that she knew about them, that she remembered that significant part of her life.

"You know her?"  Sehun asked.

The other group members looked at each other with worried expressions while EXO grew defensive.

"So it is Yumi!"  the maknae said, how he missed her.

"So what I assumed was true all along, huh?"  The older one sneered while boring holes into the back of her head with his eyes.  "I was looking for you for months and here I find you, fliriting with the reason why we broke up."

Everyone's eyes widened, and some serious was about to happen as tension filled the air.