Midnight snack?

Living With EXO!

After the scrumptious dinner that Kyungsoo had prepared, the boys tried their best to make Yumi comfortable; and of course, they were awkward in doing so.

It was getting late so they had soon retreated to their own rooms.

It was nearing midnight, and the only lady in the room seemed to be getting nightmares.

--

A silhouette of a man seemed to be standing in front of Yumi.  "I don't want to be with you anymore."  A voice said, and it seemed to be coming from the man whose face she couldn't see.

She didn't know why, but those words pierced her heart and shred them into tiny, unfixable pieces.  Tears started streaming down her face, she didn't know why but she had to ask.  "What did I do?  Why are you leaving me?"

But he gave no reply.  He just walked away from her, into the street.  She ran towards him, to try to stop him; but as soon as she got out of the building... A speeding car passed by and hit her. CRASH!

--

"AAAAHHHH!!!" Yumi screamed, jumping up from her bed.  Beads of sweat was running down her head.  It's the nightmare again. She frowned.  I wonder if that was part of my past or if it was merely just a dream.

She heard a faint knock and her door creaked open a little.  It was dark so she couldn't make out who was there.

"Yumi...?  Are you alright?"  it was one of the guys, but she couldn't quite tell to whom it belonged to.  He found the light switch and turned them on. 

"I was passing by when I heard you scream... Did you have a nightmare?"  Oh, it's the guy who's always smiling... What was his name again?  Chen? No... Charlie?... um...

"Oh.. I'm Chanyeol... in case you don't remember."  He awkwardly stood by the door.  That's right.. Chanyeol.

He looked at her with concerned eyes and dared to ask again, "Are you okay?"

"J-just a nightmare... I think it was about my accident." 

Chanyeol hadn't expected she would tell him, but he was glad she did.  "Do you want to tell me about it?"  He said nervously.  "I... I heard it helps when you talk about these things..."

She thought about it, but she was anything but ready to share it.  She just shook her head.  "There's nothing to say but a car ran into me."  She mumbled.

Chanyeol felt bad for her and he absolutely abhored the frown on her face.  And from out of the blue, he asked her.  "Do you want to grab a midnight snack with me?"

Her eyes grew round for a few seconds.  "I mean... if you're going back to sleep now, that's fine with me."  He shrugged but turning around to hide the blush on his cheeks.

Yumi thought about it, and she realized, she might just need a snack to get a good night's sleep.  "I'll go with you."  She said, getting up from the bed.

They were on their way to the kitchen, and the walk was filled with awkward silence.  Chanyeol walked up to the counter and asked "What would you like?"

Yumi suddenly turned shy... "Promise not to judge?"

Chanyeol found that extremely cute and wanted to pinch her right there and then.  But he didn't want to be seen as a creepy guy, so he kept those feelings to himself.  Huh, is this how our fangirls feel?

He nodded, "What's there to judge?"  He shrugged.

"Umm...  I'm guessing even if I lost my memories, my habits never got lost.  Because my uncle told me that even before, I liked eating Oreos at midnight.  By any chance... do you have them?"  She was twirling her index fingers, obviously embarrassed.  Why does my habit have to be so childish?  He must think I'm so immature for wanting oreos at my age!

However, Chanyeol just smiled "Lucky for you, I'm an Oreo lover too! I've got my own stash of oreos!"  He happily exclaimed.

"R-really?"

"Of course!  But there's just one problem though."  He tapped his chin in thought.

"What is it?"  She asked, curious of what was getting between her and her snack.

"I don't share my oreos with anyone."  He was just teasing though, but she didn't know that.  Her shoulders slumped with disappointmend and her lips gave a pout. 

"Oh.. I understand."  She whispered... and Chanyeol laughed.  She stared at him as if he was crazy.

"You should have seen your face!  It was like a kid who heard that Santa wasn't real!"  he held on to his stomach like there was no tomorrow.

Her face gave nothing away and Chanyeol cleared his throat.  "I'm sorry...  I didn't mean to."  He rubbed the back of his neck.

This time, she chuckled.  "Gotcha back!"  She winked.  "Shame on you for picking on your guest!"  She stuck her tongue out.

Chanyeol was stunned but laughed.  She's joking with me!  He danced with joy in his head.

He took out two from his "secret stash" of oreos and gave her one pack.  She greatly accepted it and opened it. They ate their snacks in silence, not knowing exactly what to talk about or say to each other.

As soon as they were finished, Chanyeol walked her back to her room.  Wow, it's as if we're on a date.  He chuckled to himself.

"Thank you."  She said before going back in.

"For what?"  He tilted his head to the side.

"One for checking up on me... and two, for sharing your secret stash of oreos with me."  She smiled at him, grateful.

"Hey, anytime you want an oreo, you know who to call!"  He stood up straight, and saluted.

She gave out a little laugh but held it back.

"Good night, Yumi."  He softly said, "I hope you don't get anymore nightmares."

"Thank you.  Good night to you too, Chanyeol-ssi."  She bowed and closed the door.