SM Family part I

Living With EXO!

It was the middle of the week, EXO was called in for practice for their new single to be released by summer.  Jim came in earlier to check up on her niece.

"How have you been Yumi?  Are the boys treating you well?  If you're uncomfortable with it, we'll just look for an apartment you know."  He asked worriedly.  He was always like that around her, being her only relative left, he was really protective over her and loved her a lot.

"I'm fine ajusshi.  They're treating me okay, and I wouldn't want to be a burden too you by looking for another place to stay for me.  I'm fine here."  She gave a reassuring smile.

"I see that you're starting to smile again, that's good."  Seeing his only niece smile, made him smile too.  Anyone would smile as well, she's just that contagious.

"HYUNG!  WE'RE GOOD TO GO!!!" Chanyeol beamed from the van and Xiumin even had the guts to honk.  Kris had to yank him down back to his chair.

--

A couple minutes later, the 14 of them stepped out from the vans and stood infront of the SM Building.

"Yumi, welcome to the SM Building."  Jim beamed, and the boys immediately copied his smile.

"You should count yourself lucky."  Sehun stood beside her with his hands in his pockets and continued "many fans would die to be in your place right now."

"Speaking of fans, we should enter now before the suspect Yumi and start attacking her."  Tao lightly pushed her towards the entrance.

Yumi was confused, but moreover, she was in awe of the huge establishment in front of her.  In the lobby, there were many posters of different people which she believed to be talents of this industry too.

Baekhyun noticed her and came up to her right away to explain or introduce her to the family(even just in posters).  "That's BoA sunbae-nim."  He said pointing to the poster she was currently looking at.  He immediately just said it in sequence of the posters, "DBSK, Super Junior, SNSD, F(x), Kangta, Shinee and us, EXO." 

"You have a big family here." It was all that she could say as of the moment.  Baekhyun just nodded, "We treat each other well and the sunbaes care for us deeply.  Without them, we wouldn''t be able to be here now."

Kris suddenly interrupted their moment and told everyone that EXO's schedule for today was practice and a photoshoot in the afternoon.

Being Jim's niece, she was dragged along.  They filled the practice room to find DBSK practicing their new single.  Immediately, the bowed and exchanged greetings.

"So, who's this lady you're bringing to work huh?  Who's girl is this?"  Yunho, the leader, teased, causing Yumi to blush.

"Aniyo, it's nothing like that sunbae.  She's Jim hyung's niece, the one that got into an accident and has amnesia.."  Kai explained and Yunho and Changmin smiled knowingly.  They knew something was already brewing.

"If Jim hyung heard that, he'd turn psycho."  Xiumin joked

"Who'd turn psycho if he heard what?" Jim came through the door like it was cued.

The boys snickered and Xiumin just shrugged.

"I'm Yunho, nice to meet you.  This is Changmin." Yunho kindly introduced.

"You have amnesia?  How?"  The taller one asked, who's name she remembered quite well, Changmin.

"Car accident."

"That's too bad... There are a lot of wreckless drivers these days." Yunho shook his head.  "Well, we have to be leaving for a special performance later.  See you around!"  She nodded and EXO gave a quick bow.

Yumi played with her phone and plugged in her beats to listen to music to avoid awkwardness.  She found an empty corner with a place to sit and decided to stay there.

The boys got into practice quickly and they seemed to be more energized than any other day that they were practicing.  She's watching, I shouldn't make any mistake and embarrass myself!

, I hope she didn't notice!

Yumi watched with awe and mentally had an open mouth while watching the 12 guys practice.  Jim sat beside her and she didn't even notice.  "They're something else when they perform huh?" He said without looking at her.

"They don't even look like they're trying too hard to dance.  I'm sure I was a terrible dancer huh?"  She said the words although they seemed to come out wrong from .

Jim chuckled, "Apparantly not, you were quite a great dancer Yumi; and you probably still are."

"I-I was?"  She seemed bashful about it, "It's like I don't even know myself." She sighed.

"You were good at everything... as far as I know.  You're a great cook, you can sing and dance, you're great with pictures, and you can pass as a journalist or author anytime!"  He said with pride, "These are your natural talents and I'm sure you wouldn't have forgotten them even if your brain thinks it has."

She became touched at Jim's encouraging words and was determined to bring the Yumi she was back then.

The boys took a break from practice and they all attacked the floor.

Lay came up to her and asked, "would you want to get some water with me for the guys?"

She nodded since tere was nothing better to do anyway,

On their way, they spotted F(x) and SHINee chilling in the hallway.

They spotted Lay and waved at him.  He bowed to his seniors, "annyeong sunbaes."

"Ya, stop bowing all the time you see your sunbaes!  Or if it's just us, you really don't have to."  Amber said with arms crossed.

Lay sheepishly smiled at them.  "Who's that with you?"  Minho asked.  "Oh!  How silly of me.  This is Yumi.  Yumi, they are my other sunbaes.  They're F(x) and SHINee.  She's Jim ge's niece and she's staying at our place for the mean time because she has amnesia and Jim ge doesn't want to leave her alone."

They sympathized with her, it was a tragedy really.  It's a miracle she's even alive after that hit.

"I'm Victoria."

"I'm Sulli! You're really pretty!  I love your hair!"

"I'm Amber!"

"Krystal.  Nice to meet you."

"I'm Luna!"

"I'm Jonghyun.  These are my members, Taemin the dance machine, Onew the Chicken Maniac, Key the Diva, and Minho the frog."

"Ya!  Says the Dinosaur!"

She couldn't help but smile at their childish behavior.

After they left, they conversed again.  "Guys, I think I've seen Yumi before.."  Onew said.

"You would say that."  Key snickered.

"Ya I'm serious!  Someone introduced her to me before.  It was 'at music bank. I can't remember though.  It was about a year ago.  But she's definitely that Yumi."  He thought and tried hard to remember who was it that introduced her to him.

--

After getting water and heading back to the room, the boys drank and practiced again.

Something flashed in her mind again

 

"Oppa!  I watched you perform!  Did you see me up front?"  She beamed.

"There were a lot of people Yumi.  I couldn't see you because of your shortness.  You were probably covered by the other fans."  He teased.

"You're so mean!"  She pouted.

"I'm kidding.  Of course I saw you.  Where do you think I got the energy to continue despite being tired?"  He hugged her and kissed her forehead.

--

"You weren't at the concert." He said flatly.

"I was!  But the crowd wouldn't let me through, so I wasn't in front."

"You and your pathetic excuses.  You better come to our practice tomorrow."  He glared at her and she cringed.

--

"What took you so long?!"  She arrived and they were taking their break.

She didn't even say anything anymore because she knew he wouldn't believe her.

"Nevermind.  Grab some water for us will you?"  He ordered.

"Hyung, I can get it for us.  You don't need to--"

"Shut up, we have to practice so she can get it for us and make herself useful."

The younger one stepped back and gave her an apologetic look.  He mouthed an apology before getting back to practice.

--

The images were overwhelming and once again, she held her head tightly and EXO practiced was stopped immediately.

"Give me a pain reliever quick!"  Jim barked.

Suho handed him one from the bottle and Chen handed him a bottle of water.

"Yumi.. drink this."  He held onto her shoulder.

But Yumi couldn't.  She felt like if she let go of her head, she would die.

There were too many familiar faces and conversations replaying in her head.

Not being able to bear the pain, she collapsed.

 

___________________________________________________

Hey guys, sorry it took me forever to update!

College life has been hectic since it's almost our finals!  Plus we have so many projects and out Thesis isn't quite done yet too!  I managed to get some time to write you guys this update!  Ye het! Thank you all for the support! 

xoxo,

Yanni.