Off the cast

Living With EXO!

A few weeks after that accident at the practice room, Yumi was now ready to be off her arm cast.  The rest of the boys were busy and Jim insisted that she had to go with someone and the only one available was Kai.  He wore a hoodie and sunglasses to be safe from the crazy fans.

They went to the out patient department and waited for their turn to be called in.  "I can't wait til I get my arm off the cast!"

"I'm excited too!  You must be able to cook properly than that last time you did!  And it was already heavenly with your cast still on!  You're amazing Yumi!"  He complimented, which caused blood to rush up to Yumi's cheeks.

"Thank you.  I'll cook you guys a feast once it's off!"  She said with a shy smile.

After a couple of minutes, her name was called and she and Kai went inside the office.  "How are you doing Yumi?"  the doctor, which was a male who had black hair and dark brown eyes and matching glasses asked her.  "I'm fine.. I'm excited to get this cast off me!"

The doctor got to it immediately and took the cast off her.

"Now, don't get excited and use it too much immediately."  He reminded. "of course!" she grinned.

"What about your memories?  Are you getting them back?"  he scanned through her records.

"I get fragments every now and then.  But they seem to be only the recent ones.  I think none of them were from my childhood."  It was obvious on her face that she was disappointed.  She wanted to at least remember something from her childhood, but it seemed like all the memories coming back to her were from she was probably 17 and above. 

"It happens on rare occasions that the brain is only able to retrieve the recent ones rather than your repressed childhood memories.  It was probably because even before you had amnesia, your brain chose to forget about your childhood because you alraedy had bad memories." He explained with a straight face.

"Is there any chance she would get all of her memories back though?"  Kai asked, concerned.

"Based on what she tells me that she gets fragments of her memories frequently, I guess it's safe to say that yes, she will be able to remember but not immediately.  It might take a few months or years for it to completely recover from the trauma."

"But I will get them back right?"  It was a part of her that she wanted badly - herself.

"Let's hope for the best.  Right now I say it an 80% chance that you will completely."  He looked sincere and a reassuring smile was plastered on his face.

"That's good to hear!  Did you hear that Jongin?  I have an 80% chance of getting back my memories!"  She squealed with joy.

Kai smiled at her.  "It would be faster if she was around a familiar environment and familiar people." and with that, Kai frowned.

"Really?  That's amazing.  Probably I'm already familiar with the environment which is why I'm recovering fast right now."

The doctor was happy for her and after that, they went back to the dorm without Yumi's cast.

"I'm so happy!"  She extended her arms and ran like a little kid who was locked up in his room and then gained freedom for the first time in forever.

Kai couldn't help but smile at the amusing sight.  "You look like you're crazy."  He shook his head.

"You would be like this too if you had your arm on a cast for almost almost 2 months!"  She held up 2 fingers with her now free arm.

"Whatever shorty."  he snickered. "Says you!"  She stuck her tongue out.

Over the past few weeks, she had made a good relationship with the 12 (well, most of them, some she was still awkward with).  Although she was now able to smile and joke around with them, she still didn't tell anyone about the memories she were getting.  She knew about EXO and other groups before since she was almost sure she was dating someone from a group.

They knocked on the door and Suho opened it up.  "Yumi!!  Your cast is now off!"  His smile was just as wide as hers.  As soon as she entered the door, EXO-K stopped whatever they were doing and flocked around Yumi.  Chanyeol enveloped her into a bear hug which almost suffocated her.

"Enough you skinship monster!"  Baekhyun pulled him off her.  "Someone's jealous."  She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Please tell me you guys told her about the shipping thing."  He slammed his palm to his forehead which left a pink mark.

"No one told me, I read it on the internet."  She grinned at her achievement.

"She knows how to use the internet!" Sehun raised his hands in the air. "Hey!  What's that supposed to mean? Of course I know... but I had to ask help from Lay at first..." She said shyly.

"Oh no!  I think you need to be re-taught!  Who knows what wrong information Lay could have given you!  You should ask Sehun next time!"  Baekhyun exclaimed and Sehun eagerly nodded.

She shook her head and smiled, "Thank you guys, now I shall prepare your dinner as my thanksgiving to you."

"But you already did that!"  Kyungsoo pointed out.

"But I was still on my cast then... I think I can do better this time!"

"But--"

"Oh let it be Kyungsoo.  You should be happy!  And besides, we get to eat amazing dishes again!"  Suho patted Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"What's that supposed to mean?"  He folded his arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Guys, don't be mean to Kyungsoo.  Can you help me out again?"  She batted her eyelashes. 

"You don't have to ask, of course I'll help!"

"We should hurry, the others will be here soon!" She dragged Kyungsoo by the arm and the two of them then went to the kitchen to make a glorious feast for 14 people (including Jim).

________________________________________________________________________________

HI guys!!! :DD

Again, thank you for the support.  You're awesome!

Haha anyway, yesss she is now on skinship with her Oreo buddy, Chanyeol. xDD

But yeah, she's kinda close with them already but not the you-can-tell-me-anything type of close yet,  Emphasis on the yet.

Alrite, I have to go to class now! Ciao!  See you on the next update!

Love lots,

Yanni :D