The Aftermath: What Exactly Happened?

Music: The Best Wingman

Mi Kyong POV:

'Stop, PLEASE! I'm not doing anything wrong by hanging out with them, hear me out!' A light from the window began to brighten, and when I turned around the three girls were replaced by an unrecognisable figure... or so I thought until I got a closer look.

Dongwoo?

'Woah what a crazy dream... it seemed so real, but why was Dongwoo there? Huh? Where am I?' I wondered while looking around the room. I looked at my body, and I saw bruises and scars all over my legs and arms. Then came a jolt of pain as I tried to move. Where am I? Before I knew it, a door opened and in came Sunggyu. What is he doing here?

"Hey! Are you okay? Do you still hurt? do you need anything? Do you want me to call someone?" he asked frantically.

I was utterly confused. "Okay, what's going on?" I said.

"Okay, I'll try to explain it as easy as I can so that it won't shock you as much. You kinda got attacked.." he answered.

"Uhh yeah, I figured. These bruises don't just show up out of nowhere," I said. He can be so obvious sometimes. But I don't really remember getting beaten.

 

Sunggyu POV:

Seeing her laying there dazed and confused made me really uneasy. She must have gotten messed up pretty badly if she has temporary amnesia.. Ugh, I just want to grab her hand and kiss it and comfort her and tell her it's gonna be okay- but I must restrain myself.

"But yeah, I found you lying there on the ground unconscious and I had to go call for help.. And that's how you ended up in the hospital room I guess," I mentioned.

"Oh, that's where this is! I was trying to figure it out this whole time!" she exclaimed. At least she's calm about all this. Why am I worrying so much about her when she's calm?

"Alright then, I better go call the nurse and the rest of the gang that your awake," I said.

I walked out the room and found some nurses who can attend to her needs. During that time I called up the other members from the waiting room to the hallway Mi Kyong's room is at since visitor hours were still open.

"Okay here's the deal. Mi Kyong has a small temporary case of amnesia and she's still confused about where she's at and all the damage done to her body, so we all need to take it easy when talking to her. THAT MEANS YOU, SUNGJONG. NO GIRL GROUP TALK, alright?" I said.

"Hyung, it's all good! I'll talk to her slowly. And who said I'll talk about girl groups, like Red Velvet's comeback 'Dumb Dumb'?" he explained with an awkward laugh. Maybe it's better if he doesn't talk to her until a few months after she's better.

"Hyung I'll cover Sungjong's mouth. I got you," Sung Yeol said, duct tape in his hands while Hoya had rope to tie Sungjong down just in case things got out of hand.

I overlooked the whole group one more time to see if they're calm enough to go inside (wouldn't want to freak Mi Kyong out) and everyone (besides Sungjong of course) seemed okay, but Dongwoo seemed unusually quiet and indifferent today.. but I just overlooked it.

 

Mi Kyong:

The nurses here were taking care of me very well, making sure I look put together and clean for visitors. They even began massaging my arms and legs to relieve the pain away. It stung for a while when they began massaging, but the pain eased and it started to feel so relaxing that I ended up falling asleep. When I woke up I saw 6 heads staring down at me.

"ARE YOU OKAY??" They all simultaneously asked.

Besides the sudden pain that was eventually creeping back, I guess I'm feeling fine. "Y-yeah, I'm okay so far. But I'd feel so much better if you all just back the up," I apathetically asked," I get it, you're all worried but ya'll need to chill." By the way, what are you all doing here anyways?"

"We all wanted to make sure you're doing better, after what happened with the sasaengs," Woohyun answered,"and besides, I don't want my little angel getting into more trouble!" he shot a heart at me, in a flirty way. I've kinda gotten used to the over-excessive aegyo by now, but it's all still cringe-worthy. I politely ignored it.

I counted the number of people again.. wait there's only the 6 of them? Hoya, Sunggyu, Sungjong (with his mouth taped), Woohyun, Sung Yeol, Myugsoo... where's Dongwoo? I looked around the room, and found him sitting in in a chair.. on his phone. Wow, he must really not care about me at all..

Anyways the gang hung around to chill with me, some having their own conversation, Myungsoo on his tablet watching 'Humans', Woohyun and Sung Yeol battling each other on their phones, and Sungjong trying to hold his excitment in about new girl group comebacks towards me.

Evening eventually came and everyone needed to go home. Lucky for me, I got to stay here a few more days until my condition gets better, which was paid off by the school since it happened on school grounds. They were all saying their goodbyes until there were two people left: Sunggyu and Dongwoo.

"Okay, bye Mi Kyong-ah, I'll hang with you again tomorrow afterschool," he said. As he walked out, I heard him mutter something.. 'I'll never let you get hurt again. Promise.' What?

Dongwoo followed a bit after Sunggyu. "Bye pabo, see you later," he muttered soft enough for me to barely hear the 'pabo' part, "I promise, I'll protect you.." 

Wait... WHAT??