Tranquil

Drabble Collection

Myungsoo grumbled to himself the entire way home from his meeting, which had run nearly two hours longer than scheduled, and the topic of discussion still hadn't been resolved. Now it was late, he was stressed, and all he wanted to do was get home and sleep.
He wondered briefly, as he pulled into the driveway of their home, if Dongwoo would still be awake. It was unlikely, he reasoned, as his boyfriend and sleep had an unfathomable bond that he just couldn't understand. It was nearly inhuman for someone to be able to sleep away most of the morning and still have no problems taking a midday nap, and then sleeping perfectly well again that night.
Putting the thought aside, Myungsoo turned his car off and stepped out, walking up to the front door. He felt frustration pent up inside of him as he pulled his keys out of his pocket and fumbled with them for a moment before dropping them, and he hissed out a profanity as he bent down to pick them up.
A few more aggravating seconds later, he was inside. He quite literally kicked off his shoes, not bothering to put them away. He began undoing his jacket and shirt as he walked down the hallway to his room, really just wanting to get into bed and sleep away the foul mood he'd fallen into.
As he entered the bedroom he flicked on the lights, not fearing waking Dongwoo up as nothing as subtle as lights would disturb his sleep.
Without so much as glancing over at his lover, Myungsoo quickly threw his pyjamas on and dragged his feet as he walked over to his bed.
It was then that Myungsoo froze, and in an instant, his bitter mood fell away entirely. Dongwoo was sleeping peacefully, and soft snores filled the room as the elder boy hugged a pillow tightly as he dozed. The cheerful innocence etched into his face acted as a tranquilizer for all of Myungsoo's stress, and Myungsoo found himself smiling softly in turn as he pulled back the sheets and climbed into the bed next to his lover.
Dongwoo murmured something unintelligible in his sleep, and Myungsoo chuckled softly to himself. It was nearly impossible to be in a bad mood with Dongwoo around, and he was reminded once again why he always looked forward to coming home to the shorter boy.
The smile didn't fade from his face as Myungsoo moved in closer and hugged his boyfriend to his torso, closing his eyes. There were many things about Dongwoo that Myungsoo loved, but in the top ten would definitely have to be his height. Falling on the shorter side, Dongwoo was the perfect little spoon when they were cuddling, and Myungsoo certainly couldn't be my how completely and utterly adorable it was when Dongwoo got up on his toes to kiss him.
Myungsoo settled into their familiar sleeping position, his body curved around Dongwoo's smaller frame. He slipped a hand up under the front of the elder's shirt with nothing but innocent intentions in mind. He was simply addicted to the way that Dongwoo's soft, warm skin felt beneath his calloused fingertips. Myungsoo smiled once more to himself, inhaling deeply and laughing inaudibly to himself as Dongwoo's hair tickled his nose, and he hugged his lover closer to him, melting into his warmth and peace, settling down for a good night's sleep.