Home

Drabble Collection
For half an hour now, it had only been the sounds of food cooking and the radio playing quietly in the background with Myungsoo singing along whenever he knew the lyrics to whatever song came on as he made dinner.
Attuned to all the noises in the house by now, Myungsoo noticed right away when something disturbed the rhythm of his evening. The front door had been opened and closed again with intentional quietness, and now Myungsoo could hear silent footsteps leading down the front hall.
Rationally, Myungsoo knew he should've been a little wary of the newcomer, but in all reality, he knew exactly what was going on. Dongwoo returned home from work around the same time every day, and the younger boy wondered why Dongwoo thought he would forget that.
However, it was apparent that Dongwoo didn't want it known that he was home, and Myungsoo decided to humour him, and so he merely carried on making dinner, humming along with the radio.
Admittedly, though, somewhere between pointedly trying not to notice Dongwoo and focusing on making dinner, he didn't notice that the older boy had walked up behind him until he felt a pair of arms snake around his waist, and the small jump his body gave was genuine.
Myungsoo couldn't help but grin as he felt Dongwoo rest his chin on his shoulder, and a familiar pair of lips pressed against his cheek in a quick, sweet kiss.
"Hi there, cutie." Dongwoo hummed, his voice warm.
"Welcome home, hyung." Myungsoo replied happily, pausing for a moment as he tried to picture the position that Dongwoo was in, and the realization hit him. 
"Are you standing on your toes?" He asked, knowing that his shoulder usually came to about the tip of his lover's nose.
There was a moment of silence before Dongwoo replied with a playful "hush, you."
Myungsoo felt his boyfriend press his lips to his cheek once more before he shrank back down to his regular height and nuzzled the back of Myungsoo's neck with his nose affectionately.
The younger boy grinned and turned turned around in his lover's embrace to return the hug, and Dongwoo beamed up at him.
They shared a quick, chaste kiss before Dongwoo asked, "so how was your day?"
Myungsoo gave a nonchalant shrug.
"It was good, I didn't get up to much. I'm just making dinner now, I hope you're hungry."
"Starving." Dongwoo replied, flashing his signature grin.
"Good," Myungsoo smiled, "I'm just about done here."
"You're the best." Dongwoo grinned, and Myungsoo kissed his forehead affectionately before turning back around to work on dinner. The older boy merely hugged him now, humming along with the radio, and Myungsoo could feel the subtle vibrations moving through Dongwoo's chest and onto his own back.
He smiled to himself as he felt Dongwoo's hand slip up and under his shirt, doing nothing but tracing small circles on his side with soft fingertips, sending pleasant shivers down his spine.
As Myungsoo finished up cooking, he could feel Dongwoo fidgeting around behind him, forever unable to keep still for more than a few seconds. He felt his lover bury his face between his shoulder blades, nuzzling him gently with his nose and pressing the occasional kiss to his spine as he shifted from foot to foot.
Dongwoo followed him around, latched onto him in his hug as Myungsoo walked to the cupboard to get out plates and serve dinner, then moved to the table and set them down.
It was only then that Dongwoo finally released the embrace and sat down with Myungsoo to eat.
Dongwoo talked animatedly about his day, going off about all the weird things he'd seen that he had a knack for noticing, like the hole in the leaf of a tree he walked by that was shaped like a butterfly, or the stain on the sidewalk that was looked distinctly like a dinosaur - his relative, as he called it. He also laughed as he retold stories throughout the day and funny things that he'd overheard in the conversations of passersby, leaving small pauses between his run-on sentences for Myungsoo to comment or say something of his own.
The taller boy had never been the overly talkative type, and so he was always more than content to just sit and listen to Dongwoo talk. The elder always stopped to let Myungsoo speak when he had something to say, but more often than not, Myungsoo just liked to let Dongwoo go. He loved hearing all about his boyfriend's day, and he was infatuated with the manner in which he spoke. Dongwoo was always full of expression, and Myungsoo found it adorable how his words always tripped over each other when he was eager, and how he'd have to occasionally pause to rethink his sentences when his mouth was working faster than his mind was.
He went on and on, and Myungsoo smiled, completely infatuated with the man in front of him who had perhaps the most interesting perspective on life than anyone could have.
Myungsoo had told him that once, and Dongwoo had just laughed and told him that it came from seeing the world from a few inches lower than his lover.
Myungsoo had just laughed and accepted that as the answer, and it was really just then that he became fully aware that he was, quite possibly, the luckiest man alive for belonging to the man talking to him now.