Thinking Out Loud

Drabble Collection

Dongwoo smiled to himself, pressing in closer to Sunggyu as they spun in slow circles on the open floor, unaware of everything but themselves.
It had taken quite a bit of convincing, but eventually Dongwoo's boyfriend had agreed to take him on a dinner and dance date, and now here they were, moving slowly to the music - Dongwoo had even let Sunggyu lead.

Dongwoo knew it was a long shot when he originally proposed the idea, but with persistence he had convinced Sunggyu it'd be fun, and now, as Dongwoo nuzzled his face into the crook of Sunggyu's neck and closed his eyes, he knew it was worth the hours of pleading he'd put in.
He knew, deep down, Sunggyu was enjoying himself too, but he was less apt to admit it outright. It was obvious, though, by the way Sunggyu's hands held onto his waist, and the way they had been silent during this whole song, simple enjoying the moment, and the way Dongwoo could feel Sunggyu pressing the smallest of kisses to his shoulder. His affection was like Braille - you had to feel it to really get it.

Howon had asked once, not intending to be rude but more in his usual blunt manner, what Dongwoo saw in Sunggyu. 
"I don't have anything against him, I just wouldn't have thought he's your type. You're energetic and all optimistic all the time, and he's, well...a bit of a grump."
Dongwoo had laughed at that, knowing it had a ring of truth to it.
"He's affectionate in his own ways. He's like an m&m - hard on the outside but soft and sweet on the inside," he'd grinned.
Sunggyu did have a grouchy to side to him, but he was so much more than that as well. He was always kind to Dongwoo, and absolutely always there for him when he needed him. He treated Dongwoo well and made him smile and laugh, and he put up with all his weird antics. He always let him cuddle right up to him even though Sunggyu himself wasn't as touchy - he was more for smaller gestures, which Dongwoo was more than fine with; he loved it when Sunggyu would rub his chin or play with his hair.
He always made sure Dongwoo was taken care of and happy, and felt loved.
They were opposites in many degrees - Dongwoo was the dreamer and Sunggyu was the realist, but Dongwoo found that they complimented each other well. 
Dongwoo helped Sunggyu get his feet off the ground, and Sunggyu stopped Dongwoo from flying too close to the sun.
Dongwoo was more than happy with their relationship.

Mind falling back into the moment, Dongwoo melted into the warmth of Sunggyu's arms as they spun slowly, and he smiled all the more happily when Sunggyu, who largely wasn't into PDA, tilted his head to give him a gentle kiss.
Dongwoo grinned and kissed him back, nuzzling their noses together softly and Sunggyu let out a soft chuckle.
"Having fun yet?" Dongwoo mumbled against the elder's lips.
"I'm picking our date next time," Sunggyu simply replied, and Dongwoo knew that was code for "yes".