Snap

Drabble Collection

Hoya hated himself. Well, he didn't hate himself really, but right now he might as well have. He was an idiot. An absolute and complete ing idiot.  
He'd had one too many bad days in a row at work and his patience had been wearing thin for weeks now. He really had no idea how Dongwoo had put up with his constant short-temperedness and snapping. He guessed he'd never find out now how the older male had been so patient, because apparently Hoya had been so incredibly unfathomably stupid enough to take his anger from work and let it all out on Dongwoo. 

Dongwoo had been doing everything he could to make him feel better. Only a few hours ago, Hoya had come home to Dongwoo making what he knew was the younger man's favourite dish, and as Dongwoo had walked into the front hall to greet him coming home the food had burnt only slightly. It wasn't even remotely enough to spoil the food but Hoya was tired and hungry and for him, it was the final straw. 
He snapped.
Thinking back, he couldn't believe how much he'd really lost it. He'd said such cruel things over nothing. He'd cursed, yelled, insulted- he'd even gone as far as physically shaking Dongwoo by the shoulders. 
Hoya felt sick. He could remember all too clearly how quickly Dongwoo's eyes had filled with tears as the older boy yelled a cold "I'm done; I've had enough. I'm gone." and simply left.

Now he was cooped up in his old apartment that he hadn't actually stayed in in ages, biting his lip and wondering if throwing himself out of the window would be too overdramatic. 
Sure, work had been hell and people seemed to be ragging on him left and right, but that didn't even begin to excuse his behaviour to Dongwoo, who had been nothing but loving to him. Now he was without really the only thing that had kept his sanity in tact.
It was late now, and Dongwoo was either awake and crying, or he'd cried himself to sleep. Both thoughts made Hoya feel physically ill. He knew Dongwoo was sensitive and yet he'd done all he could to hurt him anyway. The only thing that had kept Hoya from going back straight away and profusely apologizing was the knowledge that he really didn't deserve Dongwoo's forgiveness.

With all that on his heavy mind, Hoya simply closed his eyes and lay back on the couch, only to be startled by a knock on the door. It was well past one a.m., who the hell would be trying to contact him at this hour?

Begrudgingly, Hoya got up to answer the door, expecting really anyone but his usually early-to-bed ex? lover.

"Hi- I thought I'd find you here. I looked a few other places for you but you weren't out so I thought you might have come back here-"
Hoya simply blinked in surprise. Dongwoo was never up late. Ever. It was just a fact of life. And yet here he was after apparently searching the town for him, eyes still red from obvious crying. The taller boy didn't know how to feel.
"Listen, I know you're stressed and work has been hard and you're tired and busy but that's okay because I love you. If you need to take some time off and be by yourself that's okay too - everyone needs some alone time sometimes but please don't go forever. We can make it through this I'm sure-"
Dongwoo was rambling now, a sign of nervousness, Hoya knew. But there was also a determination in his eyes that the older boy couldn't help but notice.
"Dongwoo, enough, I-"
"No."
Hoya blinked. Dongwoo was usually the passive type simply because he hated fighting. He hadn't expected to be cut off, and not so fiercely.
"Hoya, I didn't come looking for you for nothing. We can do this, I know it. I love you, and I'm sure you still love me too-" Dongwoo's voice faltered but he clenched his fist by his side as if to will himself to keep talking. "This isn't the end - it doesn't have to be.. I can try harder. I won't burn anymore food, I promise-"
Hoya felt awful; how could he have walked away from this? And did Dongwoo really blame himself for that? All he wanted to do now was make it up to the boy. 
"Dongwoo-"
"Please don't leave me. You can take some time off work if you need - that's perfectly okay, and if you need you can stay here for a few days if you want to be alone but I don't want you to go–"
"Dongwoo-"
"I-if you really want to break up...just- please give it a few days to think it over before you make any permanent decisions.. I just want you to be happy, but I want to be the one to make you happy."

The more Dongwoo rambled, the more Hoya wanted to kiss him, and so he did. He grabbed the shorter boy by the arms and pulled him in, crushing his lips to his.
He felt Dongwoo freeze in shock, and so he took that opportunity to wrap his arms around the shorter boy and hug him tightly before breaking the kiss.
"Now will you listen to me?" Hoya asked, pulling away after a moment.
Dongwoo simply nodded, lips pressed together tightly.
"I'm not going to leave you. I was just- well, I was an idiot. I was rash and stupid and frustrated and I'm so, so sorry. You're crazy to go driving at this time of night; you know how tired you get- but it's alright now. Let's get home, alright baby? I think I should take a few days off of work, but I couldn't dream of spending time away from you like that."

Dongwoo listened now silently, and he gave a small nod as Hoya finished speaking, 
"Let's get home then, okay? We could both do with a nice long sleep - and some dinner. Ah..well I don't know if you ate something else. It's late, you probably did."
"I didn't think to, but let's go have that dinner you made us. It smelled incredible and it wasn't even really that burnt. Do you still have it?"
Dongwoo nodded, and a smile played at the corner of his lips.
Hoya felt some of the tension in his chest fading away just from that.

"Let's go then; I love you."
"I love you too."

Dongwoo took Hoya's hand and Hoya knew that the younger boy was right. They would be just fine.