Crush

Drabble Collection

Sunggyu glanced up from behind his eyelashes as the bell rang, signalling the door opening. As he saw who it was that was entering the small café, his breath stuttered in his throat and his hands fumbled as he reached for another glass to clean. 
It was stupid, he knew, to be this entranced by someone he'd never spoken to - well, save for taking the man's order, which he knew off by heart by now: one medium caramel latte, extra whipped cream, and cocoa on top. Also, more often than not, a cookie to go with it. Still though, he couldn't help but be captivated by the stranger with voice like honey and a smile like sunshine. 
Sunggyu wished he had the courage to actually talk to the boy instead of simply give him his total for the order and linger just a little too long when their fingers brushed as Sunggyu handed him his drink. 
If he wasn't so damn awkward, he might even try writing a little heart on the boy's receipt. Would that be okay? Or would the boy find that creepy? 
Sunggyu was shaken back to reality as the boy approached the counter with - Sunggyu's heart sank.. The boy walked up with a girl hanging onto his arm. Perfect. Just his luck. He should've known.
Still, Sunggyu offered the boy a smile while pointedly ignoring the girl and how clearly pretty she was.
"The usual?" Sunggyu asked, keeping his voice light.
"You bet!" the boy replied quite happily, letting out a warm laugh that Sunggyu ached to hear more of. 
"$4.25" Sunggyu filled the boy in, though he already had the money out. 
It was his usual five dollars and a "keep the change" accompanied by a smile that nearly stopped Sunggyu's heart each time. He was hopeless, really. 
He smiled in reply though looked down, cursing himself for being socially inept. 
Sighing internally, Sunggyu set to work on preparing the boy's order, and he wistfully wondered if the boy ever noticed that Sunggyu never charged him for extra whipped cream and always spent a few extra seconds searching for the largest cookie for him. 
Sunggyu handed the boy the order with a smile and tried desperately to ignore the spark he felt on his skin as their fingers brushed. He took the girl's order next - a simple hot chocolate - and he spent much less time on it before handing it over and watching them go walk away to sit down.
Sunggyu snuck glances up at the two between orders and cleaning mugs, unable to help feeling bitter. He should be the one sitting with the boy. It wasn't fair. 
The girl was pretty though, and chatting quite animatedly to the girl next to her. They looked good together, he had to admit albeit begrudgingly. That didn't change anything though, especially when his heart rate doubled as the boy got up some fifteen minutes later and walked up to the counter to smile brightly at Sunggyu and ask for a refill. 
"On the house," Sunggyu smiled and the boy's smile only doubled in warmth. Sunggyu longed to know how that smile felt against his lips.
Not willing to let the conversation end there, Sunggyu did the best he could at small talk.
"She's pretty.. Is that your girlfriend?" He asked in an attempt to sound noncommittal. 
Sunggyu was surprised when the boy let out a warm laugh, as if surprised by the question, and he shook his head.
"Nah, she was supposed to be my wingman and come up here and talk me up to you, but she's a little distracted and-" the boy's eyes widened and he clamped his hand over his mouth as he realized he had said too much.
Sunggyu's own eyes widened at the boy's sudden confession, and Sunggyu would swear later that it was the shock that had taken away all of his inhibitions as he grabbed the boy's shirt collar and leaned over the counter to kiss him.
His heart leapt as he felt the boy kiss him back.