His

Drabble Collection
Dongwoo could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he waited for his parents to join him and his boyfriend in their living room, as he had given them the ever enticing line, "I have something to tell you."
Myungsoo was doing the best he could to comfort the older boy who was very near hyperventilating beside him.
"Hyung, it'll be okay. They're good people, they'll still love you." 
His reassuring words did nothing to help Dongwoo who was trembling violently where he sat, wishing more than anything that he could just hold Myungsoo's hand. He knew he couldn't risk that yet though; it was too much of a giveaway.
"They don't even know I'm gay," Dongwoo whimpered under his breath, "I can't just tell them like this."
He could hear the panic in his own hushed tone and he tried to take a deep breath to calm himself, but it was to no avail.
 
Dongwoo heard the footsteps of his parents approaching, and his heart was beating hard enough that he was genuinely concerned that his parents would hear it from the other room.
"I can't do this, Myungsoo-yah." He whispered, giving the younger boy a pleading look.
"Yes you can, baby." The taller boy murmured, and Dongwoo bit his lip.
 
He felt tears welling up in his eyes, and he knew it was stupid, but he couldn't help it. What if he disappointed his parents, who had been nothing but good to him his whole life? He wasn't afraid of them not loving him, but he was frightened that he'd disgust them, or make them angry, or disappointed. He just couldn't do that to him, but at the same time, he couldn't exactly change himself either.
"I'm scared.." He admitted to his boyfriend, and Myungsoo gave him a soft smile.
"I know, hyung, but everything is gonna be alright."
Dongwoo's gaze dropped to the floor.
"Hyung, look at me," Myungsoo said softly, placing his hand under the elder's chin and tilting it up until he was looking at him again, "it's gonna be fine. I lo-"
Myungsoo's sentence was cut off as Dongwoo whipped his head around, having heard his parents footsteps growing louder.
Myungsoo dropped his hand, and Dongwoo quickly wiped his eyes and blinked, taking a deep breath as he tried to regain his composure.
 
His parents entered the room then, and they sat down on the couch opposite the one where Dongwoo and Myungsoo sat. They both smiled kindly at the boys until Dongwoo's mother addressed him.
"What is it you wanted to say, sweetie?" She asked warmly, and Dongwoo thought his ribs would surely crack under the pressure of how furiously his heart was pounding. 
He wasn't ready for this. He definitely wasn't ready for this, but there was no going back now, and so he took a deep breath and spoke.
"I'd like you to meet Kim Myungsoo." He began, and he could see the confusion on his parents' faces.
"Sweetheart, we've known Myungsoo for years." His mother said slowly, thoroughly lost. Dongwoo shook his head slowly; he felt like he was going to be sick.
He slipped his hand into Myungsoo's and squeezed. He couldn't resist it anymore, he needed the support.
"Mom, dad...I'd like you to meet Kim Myungsoo, my boyfriend."
Dongwoo could hear the waver in his own voice, and the second-long silence stretched out into an eternity as he waited for a reply.
His parents didn't so much as blink, and Dongwoo held his breath as he waited for one of them to say something.
Confusion flooded through him as his mother gave soft chuckle.
"I thought you were going to say you failed a class. You had me worried."
Dongwoo felt weak with relief.
"You're not upset at all?" He asked, his voice unsure.
"Why would we be? Sweetheart, it doesn't make a difference to us. My only question is," she began,  "Myungsoo, Dongwoo's boyfriend, are you staying for dinner?"