Puzzle 13 - UNFIX

Skeleton In The Closet

It was still snowing outside.

 

Jiyong’s mind was running here and there, thinking about how to talk to Chaerin’s twins. The first time he met Joeun, he couldn’t do anything just greet him and now it was not just about Joeun! He would meet both Joeun and Naeun.

 

He could remember how specific Joeun cloned himself with little Kwon Jiyong. That fact couldn’t be vanished from Jiyong’s mind. Just imagine it and again he felt something missing again. There are some uncollected puzzle spread over everywhere. It for him.

 

Geez.. Jiyong! he swore himself.

 

Right after, his car was stopped. He was there.. at the place to pick up ‘the twins’. His nervous level was come up from the lowest into the highest in seconds. What should I do?! He lose his brave. Be brave, Jiyong.. you can do it! Let’s face it so you will make sure of that thing.. Ah Go Go! Again.. he cheered up by himself. Haha.. funny.

 

He got out from the car, walked into the gate and touch the bell. Not so long, a voice was heard asking about him and what his purpose to come. He explained that he was Kwon Jiyong, sent by Mama Hwang to pick up the twins. There he go, the gate was opened and he came into the house. A green garden covered by snows greeted his eyes then a set of playground, as well as many games which looked so interesting made from woods not plastic.

 

He scaned the entire front view and he found Joeun was there sitting on the chair inside the living room which can be seen because all the house’s materials were made by glasses. Joeun looked so happy warming his body in front of the fireplace, meanwhile Naeun was sleeping on the couch. Jiyong couldn’t help but become teary.

 

“What are you doing? Come inside..” the lady possibly nany in the house asked Jiyong to com inside. “Naeun-ssi was just sleeping, I hope you won’t wake her up because she was playing all over the time since morning. Joeun-ssi refused to sleep because he said he wanted to wait for Chaerin-a ssi...” that lady continued talking while led Jiyong walk into the living room.

 

“Joeun-ssi, here you go! You said you want to meet Eomma, right? It’s Jiyong Samchon, he will drive you to meet Eomma...” as they reached living room, that lady came into Joeun and said.

 

Joeun looked Jiyong for a while. Then he recognized him as someone he met days ago at his house. “Oh.. annyeonghasseyo...” Joeun tried his best to greet Jiyong. Though his words not yet perfect, considering his age, Jiyong praised his attitude so much. Chaerin raised them so well... he thought.

 

“Hello, Joeun. You remember me, right? You grandma sent me to pick you up and meet Eomma..”

 

“Joeun happy....” suddenly Joeun ran into Jiyong and hug his thight. Jiyong was so shocked and melt. Joeun’s hug was somekind like a hearwarming one he couldn’t even dare to imagine. Reflect, Jiyong brought Joeun into his embrace. Both are laughing like the world just for them and they know each other’s language so well.

 

“You two better go now because the snow was getting worse..” the lady reminded those two boys and pulled them from their own world.

 

“Ah... yes..” Jiyong said. He then looked at Naeun who still sleeping and then looked back at Joeun. “Hey little boy, would you mind to take yours and your sister’s bags because I need to take the princess into the car...”

 

Joeun was laughing and then say something like a ‘yes’. The three then left the house, and ride a long road to their behalf, Chaerin.

 

***

 

“Joeun...” Mama Hwang hugged the little boy once they arrived at the hospital.

 

“Hal..meo..niiii” Joeun screamed so loud and run into his granny.

 

“Where’s Naeun?” Mama Hwang asked and Joeun replied with a sign looked to Jiyong who was still manage to walking carefully making sure Naeun wasn’t woken up all of the sudden. Mama Hwang saw this and her heart hurted. This is what she has done. This is what her daughter dan her daughter’s loves should paid for. But everything was a mess since the start. She affirmed herself to face  Jiyong.

 

“Thankyou so much, Kwon Jiyong. I think it’s enough until here. I will take Naeun and Joeun to their mother. As you promise before, please learn to stay away from my daughter....”

 

“..........”

 

“Ji. Please just give Naeun to me...”

 

“But...”

 

“You have made your promise, my son. Don’t break it..”

 

“I know. Thankyou for letting me did this, Imo-nim. Thankyou very much..”

 

Mama Hwang just nodded. Right after she got Naeun in her embrace, Mama Hwang left Jiyong alone on the hospital’s alley. Smirk. Jiyong smirked. He had done what he needed to do. Now let’s make a move, Jiyong.

 

***

 

“Eomma ....” Joeun ran into Chaerin’s bed. Chaerin smiled widely to him.

 

“Oh.. my aegi. How are you? Good??” she asked and Joeun nodded. Mama Hwang placed Naeun on the small bed besides Chaerin’s. She looked at her daughter. “Eommo.. Naeun is so sleepy. Aren’t you sleepy too, Joeun?”

 

“No...” Jeoun said with laughter because Chaerin showered him with tickles.

 

“Baby boy, how are you huh? Eomma miss you so... much.... do you miss eomma?”

 

Joeun nodded. “Joeun miss eomma... miss samcheon..”

 

“Samcheon?? Who??”

 

“......” Joeun just smilling so wide.

 

“Eomma?” since Chaerin knew she wouldn’t get any answer from her son, so she asked to her mother. Mama Hwang looked at her once, before awkwardly drink some water from the table. “Eomma?” once again Chaerin asked.

 

“It’s Jiyong, baby..”

 

“WHAT??” she screamed and Joeun who sat on her lap was so shocked listening to Chaerin’s scream.

 

“Eomma...” Joeun protested his mother and she realised that she was over reacted. She kissed Joeun before said sorry to him.  

 

“That’s the last time, Chaerin...” finally Mama Hwang got back her strenght to talk, “Jiyong said that picked up Joeun today would be the last time and he will never disturb your life again.. as ... as you always wish, honey...”

 

“.........”

 

“Chaerin... please say something to Eomma...”

 

“Joeun, let’s sleep with eomma...” Chaerin said and with that brought Joeun into her embrace. She hug him tight just like there’s no tomorrow. All can Mama Hwang did was releasing her breath. It’s Lee Chaerin three years ago again, the darkest Lee Chaerin.

 

***

Jiyong said that picked up Joeun today would be the last time and he will never disturb your life again.

 

As you wish...

 

As I wish ... Chaerin couldn’t stop thinking about her mother’s words yesterday. Jiyong picked her children up and brought them to her. According to her mother, Jiyong has promised that that would be the last time he step over the line which Chaerin’s had drown.

 

Her mother said that those what she wish.. what she always want.. but was that true?

 

Yes, Chaerin. Was that true? Even she doubted herself now. Just to see Jiyong oppa again, her heart fluttered and it was frightening. She didn’t want to fall for the second time, but her heart can’t lie.

 

She’s still in love with Jiyong.

 

Nothing changes this past three years.

 

How can? He hurts you even until now, Chaerin and you dare to think that you’re still in love with him? Chaerin shouted at herself like crazy. It could be because of the hospital feelings, and bored so I can’t think straight. I must be so desperate because of this ill and so I throw myself into the stupid conclution that I am madly in love with Jiyong oppa.. again she pushed herself to think straight.

 

It’s been about three days since she was hospitalized. Actually the hospital was nice since she was in the VVIP private room, besides her privacy was hidden from media off course. It was just she need anything to be blamed because her mind started recalling every beautiful moment she spent with Jiyong.

 

DAMN IT! .. suddenly she screamed out of frutation.

 

“YEAH DAMN YOU LEE CHAERIN!!”

 

“Oppa??? Jiyong oppa??”

 

Jiyong came by Chaerin’s room in a hurry without even knocking and his expression was undescribeable. All the mixture of shock, madness, angry, frutation, hurts. Chaerin just couldn’t have enough time to identified all the ingredients of feelings on Jiyong right now.

 

“What are you doing here, Oppa? I don’t want to talk with you, neither see you!”

 

“YOU WISH CHAERIN YOU WISH!!!!”” Jiyong finally stopped walking after he reached closer to Chaerin’s bed. Suddenly he dropped out a paper to Chaerin’s body.

 

She was confused for a second, and got pale the next second.

 

“Why Chaerin, why??” Jiyong lowered his tone as he saw Chaerin’s changing expression into oh-so-shocking face.

 

“How can?? How can you get this??”

 

“I took a sample of Joeun and Naeun’s hair when I drove them here. I sent it to my uncle’s laboratory to check the match of their DNA with mine..”

 

“NO .. YOU DON’T!!!!!” Chaerin started crying.  “No.. you can’t do that.. oppa...”

 

“I told you before at your apartment, Chaerin. I would make a proof for everything..”

 

“They’re not your children, Oppa.. no...”

 

“CHAERIN!” Jiyong screamed again, “Look at the result carefully! It stated clearly that my DNA is matched with Joeun and Naeun. They are my children and you have covered everything since the start, Chaerin.. why?”

 

Chaerin shed her tears before dropped the bomb, “Oppa, legally they are not your biological children, not my biological children as well...”

 

Now that Jiyong’s turn to get pale.

 

“I gave birth them earlier than it should be. They were just 8 months aged when they came out from my tummy. Once they are delivered alive and health, I couldn’t do anything just felt so bless. I cried a lot and suddenly all questions I have never had came up like bubble...”

 

Chaerin took a breath before continue.

 

“My first question was my children would life as scandalous twins when we got back to Korea because they were born without any father. I just can’t let them grow with those scandal. What should I do?? Then my father came up with the idea to make Joeun and Naeun become the children of his colleague. His colleague was a married couple that agree to have no children. They knew my story and were glad to help me. Sadly they were died in an airplane accident just months after I gave birth Joeun and Naeun. Because of that, I adopted Joeun and Naeun as my children. I think that one was for the best because Joeun and Naeun will never be connected to any scandal of mine, they will live a happy life...”

 

“Chaerin, are you out of your mind?” Jiyong couldn’t understand the way Chaerin did to their children.

 

“NO! I AM A LOST IN LOVE MOTHER WHO GOT NOTHING BUT A LIFE TO PROTECT MY CHILDREN!” she shouted at Jiyong. She was frustated that no one can understand her.

 

“Don’t you think they will grow up and finally find the truth that they are an adopted children and not yours?”

 

“ENOUGH!” Chaerin cut Jiyong’s word. “I know it, Oppa. I feel hurt everytime everyone said that my children are so blessed because I adopted them, I got all the knife cut my heart everytime I have to explain to those who asking that Joeun and Naeun were my adopted children. I have lived my punishment, Oppa. I have and I know it...”

 

“Chaerin..” Jiyong started tearing and naturally Chaerin’s hand she his tears.

 

“Don’t cry, Oppa. Just don’t. I am so sorry that I have been lying to you this past three years, please don’t cry...”

 

“If you got pregnant, then why did you leave me, Chaerin? I was in a mess. I couldn’t live without you and there you went away from my life for three years...” Jiyong hold Chaerin’s hand on his cheek and look deeply into Chaerin’s face.

 

Chaerin wanted to run away her sight but her eyes were locked with Jiyong’s and she started saying again, “I.. I ... don’t know, Oppa. I was broken-hearted to see you proposed Kiko with both of my eyes. I... don’t know.. maybe feel upset and sad... so I decided to run away from you, from this city and for the best of my children...”

Jiyong was aghast to hear Chaerin’s explanation.

 

“You... You know... I proposed Kiko?? How.. how come??”

 

“I was in your apartment back then, Oppa. Actually I wanted to tell you about my pregnancy and baaam I heard your proposal to Kiko and I knew by that there will be no you and me and our children in this world..”

 

Jiyong’s hand touch Chaerin’s face which now covered by tears. “Oh Chaerin.. I am so sorry. But you have to know that I only love you from the start. It’s my stupidity not to show you but.. oh Chaerin, I am so sorry...”

 

“It’s over, Oppa...” she said more steadfast. “Our story was over. Now, you can move your life and so do I. Let’s just forget about this. I will let you know our children, trust me, but I can’t just let you take them away from me becau...”

 

Chaerin couldn’t continue her words because Jiyong’s lips was eating hers. The kiss was once so sweet and soft until Chaerin thought she would be melting right here right now. After the second she responed the kiss, Jiyong went further and be more demanding. They gave all of their feelings into this kiss. EVERYTHING. Love, yearining, sadness, happiness. All.

 

Jiyong take a distance for breath a while and said, “It’s not over, Chae.. can we start again?” and kiss her again. Chaerin couldn’t think straight because Jiyong’s lips was so posionous and full of sins.

 

Untill she realised.

 

She couldn’t. Just couldn’t.

 

She broke the kiss. “Oppa, just leave me. I am an incomplete woman. My illness made me so. I am living my punishment and you can just stay away and live your own life, Oppa...”

 

“Chaerin...”

 

“OPPA! I CAN’T GOT PREGNANT AGAIN.. I CAN’T BE A MOTHER EVER AGAIN. I... I CAN’T. SO JUST LEAVE ME OPPA.. JUST LEAVE...”

 

Oh Chaerin...

 

***