Puzzle 14 - FIXING (PART 1)

Skeleton In The Closet

BAM.....

 

Jiyong punched the wall in front of him. It was frustating for him to finally know the real situation he had with Chaerin. He felt so sorry because all the years he spent to pity himself meanwhile far far a way accross the continent, her other half, Chaerin had to suffer a lot because of him.

 

If only I knew it... he blamed himself again and again. “BABO JIYONG!!!!!” again he screamed and punched the wall until his hands turned blue and full of wounds.

 

Only the rang from his phone minutes later, stopping him from destroying his apartment’s wall. A call from his father forced him to stop punching the wall for a while. Right after he hang the phone his phone, his dad’s angry voice was heard.

 

“YAAAA! KWON JIYONG!!! GO BACK TO HOME NOW!! YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING ABOUT THE SAMPLE OF HAIR YOU GAVE TO HWANGSHIK’s LAB?? GO HOME NOW....”

 

“.............”

 

“JIYONG, DID YOU HEAR ME?”

 

“Abeoji, I can’t explain to you now....”

 

“GO HOME OR I WILL ASK MY PEOPLE TO BRING YOU DIE OR ALIVE HERE, JIYONG!”

 

Jiyong couldn’t help but turn off his phone because all his father’s scream just make him feel even worse. He wasn’t just had to rearrange his heart now, he needed to tell his parent and explain everything as well. How can he manage all of this?

 

BAM .....

 

Again he punched the wall. Strong enough to make his hands covered by blood.

***

 

Jiyong’s father was there sitting on the couch waiting for his only son. When Jiyong finally reached him, Papa Kwon’s expression was undescribeable. The mixture of sad, upset, and not well.

 

“Abeoji...” said Jiyong.

 

“Sit...” his father ordered him to sit on the couch next to him. “How can you knocked up a girl. Who’s that girl, Jiyong-ah?” Jiyong knew that his father was trying his best not to blow up his angriness.

 

“First, it was almost three years ago, I had just known it recently that she has a twin children with me....” Jiyong held a second to check on his father’s eyes but he saw nothing on that eyes – just blank “That girl, she is Chaerin...”

 

CRAP

 

His father slapped him right after he finished his words.

 

“How could you impregnates a generous umchinddal  (a/n : mom’s friend daughter) type girl like her!” Papa Kwon couldn’t hide his angriness more. “HOW STUPID YOU ARE KWON JIYONG... DID I RAISE YOU TO BE SUCH A BASTARD LIKE THIS?! DID I?”

 

“.............”

 

“And you said you just knew it? So practically you have neglected them for three years?? OH GOD, WHAT DID I DO IN THE PAST TO HAVE SUCH SON LIKE HIM...” Papa Kwon striking his chest with right hand. “How can I have a face to see that woman now... tell me Jiyong how can I..”

 

Jiyong kneel down and bowed in front of his father. “I am really sorry, Abeoji. I do ......” He cried. He cried in front of his father. The broken Jiyong extremly turned into pieces in his father’s hands. The first punishment for him to face is to kneel down and apologize to bothhis parent’s and Chaerin’s parents. It was just the beginning, not even a half.

 

***

 

It was the day Chaerin’s allowed to comeback home after being hospitalized for a week. Jiyong decided that its his turn to fix everything he messed with. He didn’t have any idea whether Chaerin had told his parents that he knew about Joeun and Naeun’s identity or not. So, he was really nervous. He was okay to meet Chaerin’s parents before because he hadn’t known about the fact that he has children with Chaerin yet. Now that he already known it, he couldn’t bare to even just greeting Chaerin’s parents.

 

But he knew it was his responsibility. Like or not.

 

He drove his car to the hospital with full praying that Chaerin won’t kick him out. Less than an hour ride being like an aneon waiting for him to finally reached the hospital. He took a deep breath before got out of the car.

 

He walked down the alley to Chaerin’s VIP room. It was still  10 in the morning, he is not sure what time Chaerin will go home but absolutely not this early morning. He had his first luck, Chaerin was still there – alone.

 

Jiyong came in, “Good morning, Chaerin-ah ....”

 

“Get out, oppa..” she answered so cold. Jiyong just laughing awkwardly to cover his pain.

 

“I bring you flowers, and an americano coffee. I guess you haven’t drunk any coffee during your stay here, right?” he walked into Chaerin on her bed.

 

“Didn’t you say to my mother that you won’t come to my life again after my mother allowed you to pick up Joeun and Naeun..”

 

“Yeah.... but it was before I uncovered the truth...”

 

“You have to keep your promise, Oppa...”

 

“Chaerin-ah... I love you and I love our children. Do you aim to seperate me from them? Didn’t you say I can stay close to my children?”

 

“It was before I uncovered the truth that you’re so tricky just to assure about Joeun and Naeun’s identity!”

 

“No! You can’t stop me, Chae!!!” he said, “You have stopped me three years ago made me lose you and my children. I’m not that stupid to let you go again, Chae...”

 

Chaerin was going to say something but then her mother came inside the room. Mama Hwang was shocked to see Jiyong there. Jiyong greeted her first. “Good morning, Imo..”

 

“Good moring, Jiyong. What’s the matter that you go here early in the morning?”

 

“Actually, Imo....” Jiyong went silence for a while before suddenly kneel down in front of Mama Hwang made her and Chaerin both in shock.

 

“I am sorry for my mistakes, making Chaerin suffering a lot, also to neglected her and our children. I apologize for my mistake three years ago knocked Chaerin up and did nothing with it. I am so sorry to burden you this far...”

 

“Chaerin, can you explain this?” Mama Hwang asked her daughter who turned pale and seemed like couldn’t talk at all.

 

“I have known about Joeun and Naeun, Imo..” Jiyong be the one who explained everything to Mama Hwang , “I took a sample DNA from the twin’s hair and sent it to my uncle’s laboratory. There I found that they are my children. I am sorry to trap you last day just to take their sample, Imo...”

 

“Chaerin go get up and dressed up, we will go home soon. I guess Jiyong should come with us two to meet Appa..”

 

“Eomma...” Chaerin refused her mother’s order.

 

“Chaerin. This is no longer your own business. Since Jiyong has known the truth, we have to discuss lots of things...”

 

Jiyong couldn’t imagine what kind of ‘lots of thing’ which Mama Hwang means.

 

***

 

Chaerin’s original house in Itaewon was exactly the same with the one Jiyong remembered the last time he went there. Warm was the best word to describe the house. Jiyong could feel the love, fresh air, warming attentions in the entire house.

 

Mama Hwang mentioned before that both Jeoun and Naeun were still sleeping. He was sitting alone on the couch in the living room. Chaerin was in the upstair to meet her children. Although they were sleeping but Chaerin said she had already sick of holding her feeling to meet her children. Jiyong’s touched by her words, “I miss them, what condition can stop me to meet them? If I want to see them, I see them...”

 

He wish he had the chance to say the same thing as Chaerin. If I want to see them, I see them. But he had no right. Not yet.

 

Papa Lee walked into the living room, brought two cups of cofffee. He put it on Jiyong’s table side before sat on the couch, joining Jiyong. He didn’t change at all, still being the warm Papa Lee he knew. Still, Jiyong felt a bit nervous.

 

Papa Lee cough a bit before said, “uhm.. my wife had told me everything, include your kneel down act in front of her. Please don’t do it again, I don’t need your kneel down...” OH. HE. KNEW. IT.  Jiyong noted that.

 

“What will you do now, Jiyong?”

 

“I want to fix everything, Samchon..” he said immediately as if he knew exactly what to answer.

 

“Then, just go away and never comeback if you want to fix it. So, can you?”

 

“........”

 

“You can’t... I guess..”

 

“How can I abandoned my children and my only love again? Do you want me to become an unresponsible man, Samchon?”

 

Unpredictly, Papa Lee was laughing at those answer. “I like your point of view, Jiyong. Then I will just watch from here what you will do to fix it...”

 

“How?” Jiyong asked. “I mean how can I fix it? Ah.. stupid why did I say something like that in front of you. I am so sorry, Samchon..”

 

“Drink your coffee, son. You looked bad..” Papa Lee said and gave Jiyong the coffee. He then continued, “Actually you can do a thing for me... it’s about Chaerin’s condition.”

 

“What’s it, Samchon?”

 

“I hope you can help me persuade her to take the medical treatment either surgery or another therapy to reduce the growth of her cancer. Actually her condition is getting worse day by day, the doctor is affraid of her condition.. my wife and I also feel the same way....”

 

“I understand, Samchon. Even without your order, I will persuade her to take the surgery. It’s very important for her health and I will try my best to make her take the surgery...”

 

“I owe you, Jiyong. I hope you can make her understand that this is really important...”

 

Jiyong nodded. His sight was there, upstair. He wondered why Chaerin so insisted not to take the surgery. His precious Chaerin. He promised Papa Lee and himself to make Chaerin’s health back into normal. He couldn’t lose her again. No.  

 

***

 

a/n : thankyou so much for 71 subscribers, readers, friends, and other who support this story. it's getting near to last chapters. i'm so nervous. i hope i have time to finish it asap hehehe~ ah since it's friday already in my country, I want to greet "Have a memorable Good Friday this year" for everbody who celebrate it, God Bless Us <3 also my big condolence for the victim of the sinking ship in Sewol. May rescue team can work properly and save the other who still left.