Chapter 3

Close Your Eyes

Suho stared around at the small dorm room. Pale, creamy walls and light blue curtains surrounded two twin sized beds, both covered currently with white bedsheets. His roommate had arrived earlier than he had, as his roommate had came from China, and was currently in the showers. Suho hadn't met him yet, and he was extremely nervous. On his roommate's side, a large suitcase was wide open, and clothes, books and cds were spilling out onto the floor. 

On Suho's side, his suitcase was already empty, the few articles of clothing he brought hanging in his bureau, his books lined up on his desk and everything else cleaned up. He had arrived an hour ago and the neighboring roommates had told him his roommate was currently showering. How he took so long to shower was a mystery to Suho.

Just as he was about to finish folding the rest of his clothes, the door swung open behind him. He heard a gasp from behind him and suddenly, a voice spoke. "What are you doing here?"

Thankfully Suho stopped himself from spinning around and he meekly answered, "I'm your roommate..?"

The other boy sighed in relief and murmured a quiet hello. Turning around a few minutes later, Suho was met with an ashy blond boy. He was quite a bit taller than Suho and he was intimidating. However, Suho immediately felt at ease when the boy gave him a shy smile. The shy smile lit up the otherwise sharp, angular face, and Suho felt himself smiling back.

"Hey, my name is Sehun" the boy greeted, holding up a hand, running the other hand through his still damp hair.

"Suho, and it's a pleasure to meet you" Suho replied shaking the outreached hand. 

Plopping down on his bed, Sehun gave him a lazy grin. "We'll be friends right? Not those type of roommates who hate each other?"

Suho grinned at Sehun before plopping down on his own bed. "Of course. Are you new here too?" Sehun looked so much older than he did, Suho wondered why they roomed him with a second year.

Sehun looked at him in surprise. "Yeah, I'm new I guess. Well, I should be a junior in high school, technically." Giving Suho a sheepish grin, he confessed, "I skipped two grades."

Suho's jaw dropped at the other boy. He had never thought the boy lying on the opposite bed would be that smart, as he looked more like a skateboarder or gamer of some sort. "Wow" he finally mustered out. "Well, I'm a freshmen here too."

Sehun grinned at him, "Don't worry about it, I'm really not that smart. Have you met anyone yet?I have a new friend who rooms two doors down. Do you want to meet them?"

Suho nodded, knowing that unlike the last 10 years of his life, he somewhat needed a social life. Since Yixing left, he hadn't even tried to make friends, and though he did manage to snag a scholarship in this prestigious school, he had been lonely. Sehun just blabbered on, and Suho grinned. Sehun's nonchalant exterior was gone and replaced with a bubbling boy, full of energy; a complete paradox of his sharp features.

Sehun got up, shaking his hair so that drops of water flew everywhere and gave the older boy a sheepish grin when Suho got hit directly. "Let's go hyung" he cried, excitedly, his once nonchalant expression suddenly filled with joy.

Suho grinned seeing the silly expression on his face. "Do these friends you have, happen to be attractive?" he teased and laughed when Sehun flushed, his pale skin a bright red color. 

"No idea what you're talking about, hyung" he retorted, before tugging on Suho's arm and pulling him out of the room. 

They arrived at another room and Sehun banged on the door twice before throwing the door open without even waiting for an answer. Inside, a blond haired boy was hunched over a large book. He didn't even look up when Sehun barged in, but Sehun went directly to him. 

"Luhan hyung, this is my roommate Suho. He's really nice. Where's Lay hyung?"

Luhan, the blond boy straightened up and Suho almost cooed. Luhan's blond hair surrounded milky skin and dancing eyes lit up his face. He had a button nose and he looked so young. Younger than Sehun, but he obviously wasn't. He smirked as Sehun's face lit up, and Luhan smiled at him. "Hey, Suho. Its nice to meet you. My roommate is Lay and he's currently in the shower. Unlike this boy here though," he continued, gesturing towards Sehun, "Lay only takes a few minutes, not a few hours." 

Sehun flushed at that and lightly cuffed Luhan.

Suddenly the door behind Suho swung open and a light voice called out, "Close your eyes."

Without thinking, Suho swung around at those familiar voice. Behind him, a dark haired male was standing, towel wrapped around his waist. But his eyes; his nose; his ears, everything was just like before. His eyes were just like before, dancing and merry. His creamy skin was just a bit tanner than it was while they were second graders. The boy snapped, "Don't you ever listen, I said, close your eyes" but suddenly he too went silent, staring at the newcomer in his room. 

"Suho...?"

"Yixing...?"

 


 

"Lay? Suho?" Luhan finally spoked up, confusion written on his angelic features. "Do you two know each other?"

"Lay?" Suho murmured, still staring at the dark haired boy, remembering each curve of the lip, the dimple that still protruded from his cheek. Here he was, standing in front of his best friend from second grade, and he couldn't say anything. All he could do was stare at Yixing, nostalgia clouding his brain, until the only thought that was going through was Yixing is here...

"Suho? Lay?" Luhan tried again, concerned this time. The two of them were staring at each other, Yixing still half , a towel wrapped around his waist, and Suho seemed dazed. 

"He... He was... He is my best friend" Yixing finally managed to splutter out. "We've been best friends since second grade.. And... wow" His face split open into a huge grin as he suddenly stepped forward to embrace the still frozen Suho. 

As soon as Yixing's warm and slightly damp arms surrounded him, Suho stiffened and he could feel Yixing stiffen too. Before Yixing could draw his arms away Suho leaned into the embrace, closing his eyes and letting tears slipping out from underneath his lashes. He breathed in deeply the scent of the 18 year old Yixing. He smelt like lavender shampoo, old parchment and honey. "I've missed you" he whispered hoarsely, and he felt drops of water land on his neck. 

"I've missed you more, Suho" Yixing croaked back, and Suho realized that Yixing was crying too. Yixing, the brave boy who went against second graders without a tear; broke his arm without shedding a single tear; the boy who had fallen off a tree, picking apples for Suho, without crying was now crying. 

Luhan cleared his throat awkwardly before grabbing Sehun and inching out of the room. "We need to go hang out and.. uh... buy bubble milk tea! You'd like that, right Sehun? Well, we'll leave you two alone to catch up and ummm.." Luhan smirked before exiting the room. "Put on some clothes Lay". That being said, he slammed the door, still clinging on to the arm of a very red Sehun.

Yixing pulled away, face flushed and Suho did too, frowning at the lack of warmth when Yixing pulled away. Clearing his throat awkwardly, he turned around as Yixing pulled on boxers and a tshirt, and finally, sweats. 

"So, you're Lay now?"

"Yeah... I thought it made me sound cooler." Yixing admitted, smiling sheepishly at the boy in front of him. "Does it sound cool?"

Suho snorted, before replying, "Yeah sure... Not as cool as me though"

"Yahh," Yixing whined before slapping Suho's arm playfully, and the tension between the two of them that had grown within the past 10 years disappeared. Since he was fully dressed, Yixing pulled Suho back into his embrace, tucking Suho's head under his chin. "You've shrunk."

Suho pulled away laughing, slapping Yixing back as he did so. "You haven't seen me in a decade and thats the only thing you can say? Not, Suho, you're so handsome, or Suho, you've gotten more attractive, but, Suho, you've shrunk." Shaking his head, grinning, Suho allowed Yixing to pull him back into his arms. "How were you ever popular at school, you dork."

Yixing laughed and Suho could feel Yixing's chest vibrating through his tshirt. "I was popular cause I was good lucking, you brat"

"Aish, I'm older than you, who are you calling a brat" Suho yelped in indignation.

Yixing just grinned at him smugly, before flicking Suho's forehead. "I'm taller than you though."

"Thats the stupidest thing you've ever said" Suho groaned exasperated. "How did you even get into this school?"

Yixing grinned. "I asked your mom where you wanted to get into, and she told me you wanted to get in here. So I worked my off to get into this place, and we're not even roommates."

Suho flicked Yixing's forehead, "No swearing, you brat. You talked to my mom, but not me?"

"Well, I knew you were focused on studying, so I thought it would be a surprise" Yixing replied cheekily, before dragging Suho out of the room. "Lets go get some ice cream, hyung, you're paying!"

With a sigh and a fond smile, Suho let himself be dragged away by the energetic Yixing. 

 

 

 

 

Comments please~~~