Chapter 6

Close Your Eyes

"Luhan?" Sehun stared flabbergasted at the boy standing in front of him. Quickly scurrying to pull the sheets up over himself, he flushed, still lying on the couch in Jongin and Kyungsoo's living room. "What are you doing here?"

"Taking you back home with me," the said boy muttered resolutely. "I'm not letting you bother Kyungsoo and Jongin any longer."

"I'm not bothering them," Sehun pouted, snuggling himself into the floral couch, turning away from Luhan. "Go back home, hyung, I don't wanna."

Luhan sighed inwardly, wondering why he ever fell for such a childish boy. Without another word, he stomped up to Sehun, a small pout on his face, and ripped the blankets off of Sehun. Gripping Sehun's wrist tightly, he pulled the still half boy out of the house. 

"Hyung," Sehun whined, trying to cover up his bare chest. "You know I only sleep in boxers, what are you doing?"

"You should have thought that through beforehand," Luhan snapped, dragging Sehun who was still trying to resist. Neighboring cars and dog walkers stared as the blonde haired boy dragged Sehun, who was still currently only wearing bright red boxers, down the street. Dragging Sehun up the stairs, into the elevator and to the front door, Luhan dug around his pocket for the key. Sighing, Sehun reached into Luhan's back pocket, taking out the key from where Luhan usually kept it.

"Thanks," Luhan flushed, taking the key and jiggling it into the keyhole, finally managing to wrestle open the door. Throwing the door open, Luhan dragged Sehun inside before plopping the taller boy down on the couch. 

"Stay" he ordered before traipsing off to the kitchen to pour himself a cup of coffee. When he came back, Sehun was still sitting on the couch, this time with a pair of jeans and tshirt covering him up. His hair also looked brushed and he no longer looked like he just woke up.

"I thought I told you not to move," Luhan pouted, plopping down next to Sehun on the couch, handing the younger boy a piece of toast.

Sehun snorted, not looking at Luhan, focusing instead on the overhead ceiling fan which conveniently broke a year ago and nibbling on the toast. With a soft sigh, Luhan cupped Sehun's chin with his own slender fingers, making the younger boy face him. "Sehun, stop staring at something you can't fix, and look at me instead okay? Because what we have is fixable and-" Luhan flushed, releasing Sehun's chin, and staring at his lap, gripping his hands together tightly. "Well, I'd like to fix it. Because I broke it."

"Damn right you did, hyung," Sehun muttered, rolling his eyes. "And there isn't anything to fix, I get it. You don't like me, you don't have to sugar coat it. I can get over it, trust me."

"No," Luhan stuttered out, grabbing onto Sehun's arm as Sehun rose to leave. "No, Sehun-ah. I'd like to fix... what I said. I'd like to, well, go back in time I suppose. Let me explain?"

Sehun crossed his arms, an unusually stoic expression on his face. "You have five minutes, hyung."

 


 

"What do you mean you forgot to do the grocery shopping? Again?" 

Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol, the taller boy slinking into the back of the kitchen, a guilty expression on his face. "Sorry, Baek. I was trying to plan, for... you know, proposing to you, and I forgot."

"Oh, that's a great reason," Baekhyun spat, shrugging off his raincoat, tossing his briefcase onto the sofa. "We're getting married soon, yet I can't even rely on you to do your one job. I cook, I do the dishes, and all I ask of you is that you buy the groceries once a week. Once a week, Chanyeol, its really not that difficult."

Stomping towards the room he shared with Chanyeol, he turned towards the tall boy. "I just really don't want to see you. Ever."

As he slammed the door to the bedroom, he heard the distinct clunk of the front door swinging shut too. Plopping facedown onto the King sized bed he shared with Chanyeol, he slowly began calming down to the soothing pitter pattering of rain outside.

Oh , its raining.

Racing downstairs, Baekhyun checked to see if Chanyeol had come back--he hadn't-- before searching for Chanyeol's neon yellow raincoat. It was hanging in the closet. 

Without a second though, Baekhyun grabbed the first umbrella he saw  and raced outside. Without much thought, he found himself standing at the small park where he and Chanyeol first met. 

 


 

Baekhyun was strolling around the park when he first saw him. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon, the leaves were turning a pleasant shade of orange, and gold and yellow. He had a cup of Starbucks, double chocolate Frappuccino in his hands, he had finished all of his work already, and he was just ready to enjoy the rest of Sunday. 

He remembered very clearly the first time he saw Chanyeol. A tall, auburn haired boy, surrounded by children. They were pulling on his shirt, urging him forward, and a small girl with pigtails clung onto his leg, bouncing up and down as he walked. 

Baekhyun was still staring when the tall boy looked up and met his eyes and he laughed, eyes crinkling, nose crunching up in the most adorable manner.

Before Baekhyun knew what he was doing, he began walking towards the auburn haired boy, surrounded by children.

"Are they all yours?" he blurted out, before flushing. "No, I meant-"

"No, they're not," the taller male laughed. "They're just my friends."

"Friends," Baekhyun repeated dumbly. 

"Friends," the tall boy affirmed. "I'm getting them ice cream."

"All of them?" Baekhyun stammered incredulously, staring at the small sea of children. 

The taller male laughed again, eyes crinkling and face distorting in a way that was both disturbing and unbearably cute. "Yeah, all of them."

"I'll buy ice cream with you," Baekhyun babbled, "Because otherwise, you'd be broke, and that wouldn't be good. And I'm not really sure why you're buying ice cream for them, because obviously half of these kids don't know you, and I guess I should be more worried about you drugging them, but you wouldn't do that right?" Baekhyun stopped, flushing even darker. "Lets go get ice cream."

The taller boy laughed even harder, before shaking one arm free from a small boy of around 8 years old. "Chanyeol." he greeted, sticking his arm out to Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun," he answered, a small grin on his face to match the large smile on Chanyeol's.

It turned out that Chanyeol just really liked children, and this was his weekly occurance, whether it be ice cream or balloons. Being the only child, Chanyeol just wanted a young sibling, and he found them in the small children in th park. Baekhyun, wanting to see the children (and not Chanyeol's smile, or hear his laugh, or his deep voice, or his auburn hair, oh no) tagged along for a few weeks before realizing Chanyeol went to his university. 

During this time, he also realized that his favorite ice cream flavor was vanilla, but Chanyeol adored chocolate. Chanyeol knew all the kids by their names, and that the taller boy loved balloons.

One Sunday, Baekhyun wandered throughout the park searching for Chanyeol and his entourage of kids, when he found them sitting in a circle, on top of a field of grass that clearly had the sign, "Please Do Not Walk On Grass" sticking out of the ground.

Raising an eyebrow at Chanyeol, Baekhyun gestured towards the sign. "We're not walking on the grass," the younger male (Baekhyun was shocked to find out that the tall boy was younger, until he realized the maturity level of the auburn haired male) explained. 

Shaking his head in exasperation, Baekhyun started over to where they were sitting, wincing every time his foot crashed down on the grass.

"Wait!" Chanyeol shouted, receiving glances from the old ladies whom were tanning in the park.

Baekhyun started, eyes wide in surprise. "Just stay there," Chanyeol muttered, cheeks an unhealthy shade of pink.

Turning towards the circle of children around him, Chanyeol held up his hands. "One, two, three--"

The way you make me feel you just don't know
You always pick me up when I feel low
You're the sugar sweet to kick off my day
Oh no, I just can't keep away

Chanyeol joined in at the chorus, his deep voice rumbling along with the high pitched hums of the kids. 

As the song ended, the kids all dispersed leaving a red Chanyeol and a shocked Baekhyun. 

"So.." Chanyeol stammered, eyes glued on the ground. 

"I like you too," Baekhyun blurted out before concentrating on the ground himself. 

He looked up to find Chanyeol grinning at him, eyes shining brightly. "Would you like some ice cream?"

 


|Song-- So Sweet by Jason Chen|

 


 

He found Chanyeol hunched over on a park bench, auburn curls drenched, plastered onto his head. Even from so far, Baekhyun could tell Chanyeol was shaking with cold. Throwing down the umbrella, Baekhyun raced towards his boyfriend, chest heaving.

Throwing his arms around Chanyeol, he sobbed into the taller boy's back. "You idiot, its raining, you're going to get sick, oh you silly silly thing."

Chanyeol shook as he turned around, dazed, staring at Baekhyun. "I thought you didn't want to see me anymore," he whimpered, eyes red and swollen. Baekhyun was soaked by this time, and shaking his head so water flew everywhere, he pecked Chanyeol's nose and forehead repeatedly until Chanyeol's ears were red. "You idiot," he mumbled, pulling Chanyeol up and beginning to drag the tall boy home. "We're getting married before you run away from me."

 


 

"Oh, Baek," Chanyeol sighed, once he was in dry pajamas and snuggled underneath blankets in the bed. "I'd never run away from you."

"You'd better not," Baekhyun muttered, pressing small kisses on the heated skin of his boyfriend's face. "Don't ever run away from me again. "I'd never want to not see you again, you idiot. I wouldn't have agreed to get married with you otherwise"

"But, you said-"

"I was tired, and you were being frustrating," Baekhyun cut in, curling his fingers in Chanyeol's auburn curls. "But I never actually meant any of it. I love you, you idiot," he mumbled, before pulling Chanyeol into a searing kiss. Chanyeol beamed, eyes dazed as they pulled apart. He opened his mouth as if to say something and-

Chanyeol sneezed.

 


 

"I was scared," Luhan blurted out before turning red. "Because, you're just too perfect and you're so young and you have so many people who love you."

"What?" Sehun's face distorted in confusion. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"I was scared you'd realize I wasn't as perfect as you made me out to be, and you'd just leave... and find someone else. Because you're perfect, and so many other perfect people want you," Luhan whispered. "And I just wanted you to be happy, and you'd never be happy with me. And you have so many more opportunities Sehun-ah."

"And how do you know this," Sehun cut in, hurt clouding his eyes. "How do you know, I don't think and know you're perfect, hyung. And why would I want all those other possibilities when I could have you instead?"

"You'll find someone better than me," Luhan sniffled. "But I don't want to let you go," he added.  He reached out, clutching the front of Sehun's shirt. "Because I'm selfish. Because I do want you, but I shouldn't want you, but I also don't want anyone else to have you. Because I like you, Oh Sehun, and I really shouldn't."

Closing the distance between them, Luhan sat, straddling Sehun's thighs, his own two legs on either side of Sehun's, and pressed his lips against Sehun's.

At first, Sehun just sat shocked, not reacting to the kiss. Luhan pulled away sadly, pressing a finger to Sehun's pink lips. "See, you've realized it already."

Sehun squeaked, before putting his long arms around Luhan's waist. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for that, hyung?​ Yes, I have 'realized'," he smirked, cupping Luhan's face with his hand. "You're absolutely perfect, Luhan, and I don't care if you're selfish, because I am too."

Luhan could feel the smile on Sehun's lips implanted themselves on his own, and he couldn't help but smile back.

 


 

"Do you, Kim Junmyeon agree to take Zhang Yixing as your husband?. Do you promise to be true to Zhang Yixing in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health? Do you promise that you will love him and honor him all the days of your life?"

"I do," Suho murmured, wincing at the use of his real name. "I do."

"And do you, Zhang Yixing agree to take Kim Junmyeon as your husband? Do you promise to be true to Kim Junmyeon in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health? Do you promise that you will love him and honor him all the days of your life?"

"I do," Yixing beamed, turning to look at Suho. "Forever and always."

"You may now kiss the.. husband," the preach declared. 

"Close your eyes," Yixing whispered into Suho's ear as they leaned towards each other. Suho's eyes fluttered shut as Yixing's lips found his. As they pulled away, Yixing pulled Suho closer, dragging him onto the dance floor for their first dance. "Forever and always, Suho."

"Forever and always, Yixing," Suho murmured in agreement before throwing his bouquet up into the air, laughing as several petals drifted to the ground lazily. 

The crowd cheered as Baekhyun caught the bouquet, a look of surprise on his face before his face split into a large grin. 

"Looks like we're next, babe," Chanyeol chuckled, taking Baekhyun into his arms. 

 

 

 

A/N:
Please subscribe, comment and/or upvote if you enjoy this story! Thankyou <3
Until next time then~