Chapter 5

Close Your Eyes

"Zhang, Yixing."

Yixing stood as his name was called before somewhat hesitantly heading towards the stadium. Along the way, as he passed through the crowds of his classmates, his eyes were searching along the crowds for a certain someone. As he passed the "K" section, his eyes settled on a certain someone. 

Suho's face stood out from the crowd as Yixing continued the trek to the stadium. The brilliant smile on Suho's face filled him with energy, and his posture immediately relaxed. Striding up to the stadium, he bowed respectfully and Principal Soo handed him his certificate, shaking his hand. 

With a joyous shout, black, wide rimmed hats were thrown into the air in sync, as students rushed to merge into one, arms clasping around each other, congratulatory cheers echoing through the grounds.

Yixing pushed passed all of his former classmates, all of his friends until he saw him. Suho was standing there, laughing, one arm thrown around Chanyeol casually, the other hand gripping his certificate tightly. Yixing rushed past everyone and grasping Suho's waist tightly, lifted him into an embrace.

He pulled away for a second to see Suho's eyes glimmering with unshed tears; tears of joy and pride, and Yixing pressed his lips against Suho's.

Pulling away once more, both their faces flushed as Chanyeol laughed obnoxiously from the side, Yixing pressed his forehead to Suho's, reveling in the adoration radiating from Suho's gaze. "Hey, Suho?"

"Yeah?"

"Marry me?"

 


 

"Took you two long enough," Chanyeol grumbled as Suho dragged him around through the rooms filled with tuxedos. "But, seriously, why do you need to bring me along?"

"You're my best friend, Yeol," Suho mumbled distracted as he checked the price tag of yet another tux. "Urgh, why are all the good looking suits so expensive?"

"Yah, Kim Suho, I am not spending another 2 hours in this shop. Just pick whatever you like, and I'll pay for it, how's that? It'll be my gift to you."

With an half exasperated sigh directed towards the shocked look on Suho's face, Chanyeol randomly selected three suits before dragging his friend into a stall.

An hour later, Chanyeol and Suho finally walked out of the shop. Suho with an aprehensive grin on his face, Chanyeol with a half relieved, half peeved scowl on his face. "Of all the suits you pick, you pick the most expensive one?"

"You said I could pick whichever one I wanted," Suho defended before sneaking a peek at the suit. It had taken a while for the tailor to fix it accordingly to Suho's thin frame. He couldn't help but giggle seeing the beautifully cut fabric. He felt the nervous butterflies in his stomach settle for the first time since a week ago-- when Yixing first proposed-- and then a realization hit him.

", Yeol."

"What now" Chanyeol growled, his stomach growling along. Chanyeol was already a few meters ahead of Suho walking very resolutely towards the food court. Suho had to run a little to catch up to his long legged friend. 

"We didn't get Yixing one!" 

"He can get one himself" Chanyeol hissed, grabbing Suho's wrist and dragging him into the food court. "We also didn't get Chanyeol food, but I don't see you worrying about that!"

Pouting, Suho let himself get dragged to the sushi bar, ignoring the grumbling of his own stomach and Chanyeol's smug smirk.

 


 

"Luhan, I'm not ready," Yixing whined, pacing again and again in circles around Luhan and Sehun's new apartment. "And how are you and Sehun not married yet?"

"You're ready," Luhan cooed soothingly as he sat on the overly floral couch set in the middle of the living room. "You've loved Suho since forever, haven't you? I was the one who helped get you two together, wasn't I?"

"Well, yes... But what if he regrets this?" Yixing collapsed onto the floral couch besides Luhan, burrowing his face into his hands. 

Luhan sighed, staring at the clock in despair. "If he regrets it, do you think he would have dragged Chanyeol to go shopping with him so early this morning? Would he have been giggling all night with Baekhyun and me, chatting about how excited he was?" Gently slapping Yixing's cheek in response, Luhan scowled. "That was a rhetorical question, don't you start whining again Zhang Yixing."

Deciding to ignore his friend Yixing stood up again, once again pacing around the room. "But what if he regrets if after we're married? Luhan, he's my first everything, and I'm basically his first everything! What if he decides he's bored of our relationship? Luhan, what if I'm not good enough for him?"

With a sigh, Luhan glanced at the clock again and his eyes lit up. "Yixing you have to leave now, Sehun is coming home and we have our special movie night tonight. Bye." So saying, the blonde boy began pushing the newly engaged Yixing out the door. Slamming the door in Yixing's face Luhan called out, "Bye friend! See you when you're in a tux and no longer complaining about trivial matters."

Luhan could hear Yixing's forlorn steps walking towards the elevator and almost felt bad. That feeling lasted until he heard Yixing call out "Lu, you still haven't told me why you and Sehun aren't-" and the elevator doors closed. 

Luhan did not feel bad at all, no, not one bit. 

 


 

"Hyung?"

"Mmm?" Luhan mumbled concentrating his gaze on the recipe for dinner that night. Sehun danced around the kitchen keeping a good two foot radius around anything sharp. It was established sophomore year that Sehun, though intelligent, was the stupidest thing once he stepped into the kitchen.

"Are you happy that Xing and Suho are finally getting married?" Sehun punctuated his question with a grin, slyly taking a slice of cucumber from the cutting board.

"Of course I am!" Luhan exclaimed, slapping Sehun's hand away half heartedly. "Why?"

"What about you, hyung?" Sehun asked, voice light as he giggled, taking another slice. "Are you romantically involved with anyone?"

"No.." Luhan answered softly, returning to stirring the extremely squishy looking soup. He carefully dropped the cucumber slices in, focusing on the gentle plops as they fell into the soup. 

Sehun was silent for a moment before finally asking softly, voice so gentle Luhan almost missed it. 

"Are you really that dense hyung?"

Luhan could hear the pain in the younger boy's voice, and instinctively, he looked up. He wish he hadn't. 

Sehun's usually nonchalant face was scrunched up, and he was rapidly blinking away the upcoming onslaught of tears. 

"No," Luhan squeaked.

"Then why? You know I like you. Chanyeol knows I like you. Yixing knows I like you. The whole entire world knows I like you, are you really that dense or do you not like me?"

Sehun sounded broken, every word shattering like a glass bottle being smashed to the ground; the pieces bouncing up to tear at Luhan's own heart.

"I know you... like me Sehun-ah," Luhan answered gently, turning the stove down to a gentle simmer. "But we're not.. I'm not good for you."

"Sure, hyung... Sure you aren't." Sehun's teary face had transformed into a glare. "If you're the one I want, if you're the only thing I need, are you still not good for me?"

Twirling away from Luhan, Sehun stomped out the door. He leaned his head in once more calling out, "If you didn't like me hyung, you could have said so," and slammed the door shut. Luhan almost choked on a laugh, hearing the characteristic "I'm a big boy, I can take it" that Sehun often joked around with. But this time Sehun wasn't joking and Luhan wasn't laughing. 

By the time Luhan reached the door, Sehun was already gone, leaving behind a trail of tears and misery.

 


 

"Hey Baek!" Suho called out as he noticed the smaller boy window browsing a selection of pretty gold plated watches. The little gold plates shimmered in the evening light and Suho grinned seeing the golden reflections dance across Baekhyun's milky pale skin.

"Hey, Suho!" Baekhyun called back turning reluctantly away from the golden accesories with a smile directed towards his friend. "How is shopping going? Where is Chanyeol?"

Suho turned around, looking for the tall giant who had been standing beside him not long ago, but found no one. "He was here a few seconds ago." He mused before chuckling seeing a large shadow appear behind Baekhyun. 

Suddenly long, muscled arms surrounded Baekhyun and the shorter male squealed, turning around to face who he knew would be his boyfriend. 

Chanyeol nodded at Suho with a smile before turning towards the smaller male in his arms, a small box clasped in his hands. "Here Baek."

Baekhyun peered at the box curiously before taking it into his own hands, turning it this way and that. "What is it?"

"Open it up" Chanyeol prompted, looking pleased and Suho sent the taller boy a knowing look. Despite having the appearance of a bumbling, non caring boyfriend, Chanyeol was a romantic at heart, often spending days sitting in the corners of the library head buried under some book, and Suho knew that Chanyeol noticed everything Baekhyun did and wanted. 

Opening up the box, Baekhyun gasped. "How did you even know I wanted this?" Inside the box sat a leather bound, gold plated watch, the wristband just wide enough for Baekhyun's arm as he slipped it on with a delighted smile on his face.

Chanyeol chuckled, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun once more, admiring the pretty watch on Baekhyun's arm. "Magic?"

Suho pretended to gag before waving goodbye to his two friends and traipsing along home. 

 


 

"Hey Baekhyun?" Chanyeol began, staring at his boyfriend as his boyfriend stared at the television screen. A drama was on and Baekhyun was fully immersed in the plot.

"Mhmmm?" Baekhyun acknowledged with a small tilt of his head, eyes still focused on the television screen. "Who do you think her secret lover is Yeol?"

"I dunno," Chanyeol admitted as he curled up around Baekhyun, stealing a quick kiss from the engrossed male. He hadn't been paying attention to the drama at all, finding his boyfriend's face much more interesting. 

Soon the show ended and Baekhyun hummed against Chanyeol's chest, wriggling around slightly so that the two ended up with Baekhyun sitting on Chanyeol's lap, his back pressed flush against Chanyeol's chest, the taller male's chin resting on Baekhyun's head. 

"What did you want, Yeol?"

"Oh... Ermm." Chanyeol fidgeted slightly from underneath Baekhyun and Baekhyun glanced behind him in surprise. 

"What is it?" He had never seen Chanyeol this nervous before. Not even when Chanyeol first asked him out.

Chanyeol gently lifted Baekhyun off his lap and set him down onto the couch, before getting up and reaching into his back pocket. His eyes were concentrated on Baekhyun's feet and he was visibly shaking.

"So you know how Suho and Yixing are getting married?" Chanyeol stammered, slowly lifting his eyes up to glance at Baekhyun's face.

"Yeah?" Baekhyun echoed, face scrunched up in confusion, making a move to stand up. Chanyeol gently pressed him back down before dropping down on one knee, face flushed pink and his ears burned red. 

He opened his hand to showcase off a small velvety box which Baekhyun took with shaky hands. "Is this what I think it is Chanyeol?" Chanyeol hummed softly, lifting his arms up to cup Baekhyun's face.

"Baekhyun, will you be mine?"

 


 

"Hey Xing," Luhan greeted Yixing as he opened the door. It was evening and Luhan shivered underneath his thin sweater. What he was not prepared for was Yixing's own skimpy attire.

"Hey, Lu? What are you doing?" Yixing flushed, trying to cover himself slightly and Luhan's eyes widened.

"Oh" he squeaked his gazze shooting downwards to rest by his feet. "Hey-" he repeated.

Yixing pulled the towel around him tighter, willing for Suho to stop in the other room. "Is there something wrong?" he asked carefully. Luhan's usually immaculate hair was skewed and his eyes were swollen. 

"No!" Luhan exclaimed quickly, still staring at the ground. "I was just wondering... if you knew where Sehun was?"

Yixing saw the red rimmed eyes Luhan sported as well as a swollen nose and inwardly sighed. "Did you reject him?"

Luhan just stared at the ground in shame, ears burning red and more tears dripped to the ground. He didn't bother answering but Yixing just sighed again.

"Why, Lu? You like him, he likes you? What are we missing from the equation?"

"You wouldn't understand." Luhan muttered darkly. "You've got the perfect boyfriend and your life is perfect."

"Of course I wouldn't" Yixing sighed, shuffling sideways to let Luhan in. "Come on in."

Face flushed, Yixing led the way into the guest bed room, the wanton in the other room increasing in volume as they went deeper into the house. "Suho! We have a guest over!"

Immediately the stopped. "Oh!" squeaked a voice from the master bedroom. Luhan pretended not to hear.

 


 

"Oh" Baekhyun squealed, tears blurring his gaze. The silver band twinkled softly inside the velvet box. "Oh, you silly giant. What do you think?"

"Yes?" Chanyeol mumbled hopefully, ears flushing red. His hands fell towards his side, dangling helplessly as he stared at Baekhyun. His eyes were opened hopefully gazing at Baekhyun adoringly.Baekhyun couldn't supress his crazed giggling as he threw his arms around Chanyeol's neck bringing his taller boyfriend closer to him. "I really love you," he murmured into the crook of Chanyeol's neck before pushing their lips together in a gentle chaste kiss.

"Of course I would, pabo" he panted pulling away to give Chanyeol another adoring glance. "I've known you would be the one I marry since we first started dating."

"Oh," It was Chanyeol's turn to squeak, his whole face flushed a deep crimson as he stared shyly at Baekhyun's face. 

Baekhyun chuckled before pulling Chanyeol's face closer to his own. "I love you silly," he murmured again before his way into Chanyeol's mouth, swallowing each mewl his boyfriend let out hungrily. I really love you.

 


 

"Oh!" Jongin mumbled sleepily as he opened the door. He was clad in blue pajama bottoms and nothing to cover his abdomen. "Sehun?" He rubbed his eyes before turning to stare at Sehun again. 

​"Hey, Jongin." Sehun muttered bitterly. He could clearly see the almost fading bite mark near Jongin's collarbone and knew for a fact that those sharp marks came from Kyungsoo. If he wasn't mistaken Kyungsoo's own neck had a few marks of his own.

"What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" Jongin queried confusedly. 

Sehun glanced up and Jongin took note of the red rimmed eyes. "Could I stay the night?" Sehun muttered, voice hoarse.

"Of course... Luhan problems?" Jongin frowned. "It'll be okay buddy."

Sehun gave a small nod, looking tired. "Will Kyungsoo mind?"

"Of course not," Jongin assured, a sympathetic look on his face. "Come on in."

 


 

Yixing lay in bed long after Luhan started snoring in the other room.

"Hey sleepyhead," Suho mumbled from beside him, curling up into Yixing. "How are you feeling? Can't sleep?"

Yixing pressed his nose into Suho's head, nose twitching when a few strands of hair tickled him. "Stupid Luhan."

"Stupid Luhan" Suho agreed laughing. "Well stupid Luhan also told me something else before this Sehun incident. Want to hear about it?" Yixing nodded slowly, pulling Suho closer to himself.

"He also said you were regretting proposing to me" Suho's voice was light, but Yixing could hear the hurt.

"Close your eyes."

Yixing saw Suho's eyes fluttering closed and reveled in the beauty of his boyfriend. A soft jawline, pretty lashes slipping out from underneath bright eyes, sharp cheekbones and a beautiful smile. Leaning in, he pecked Suho's forehead, eyelids, nose and lips in turn. "I was afraid you would regret this... that you would want more... that I'm not good enough." He murmured quietly. "What if I'm not good enough for you Suho. All I am is that little boy from the playground."

Yixing could hear Suho's soft sigh and a silence filled the room before Suho spoke again. 

"I would never regret my love for you Yixing. Go to hell." With a mischevious grin, Yixing wrapped his arms around Suho, snuggling his face into the soft hairs, placing his chin lightly on top of Suho's head. "I love you too."

"I never said I loved you" Suho grumbled, snuggling into Yixing, placing soft kisses on Yixing's collarbones. Yixing just laughed before pulling the blankets over them both and giving himself over to fatigue. However, right before he drifted off, Yixing heard Suho humming softly. 

 

"I love you, I love you, I love you..."

 

 

A/N: Oh wow, it has been a while, sorry! I hope you liked this chapter (I'm writing this at 1 o'clock at night, if you see any grammatical or spelling errors, please let me know!)
Do you like this format? I kinda do, because I get to skip around to which parts I like, and cut out some boring tidbits. Also, I've fully introduced Hunhan and Baekyeol ^^
I've deleted the bonus chapters in this story because I already have them saved elsewhere! From now on, all "bonus" chapters can be found here so this story is kept nice and neat
This story is slowly coming to an end (a few more chapters) and I would really like to thank everyone who helped support this story. This story is really my baby. I work a lot harder on the chapters of this story than I do on any other story, and it just makes me so happy to see so many people reading and liking my work. And for the angst (I have had people asking since it has been all fluff so far), there will be angst, but mostly just the last chapter ^^

Thank you for reading, please subscribe, comment and vote!