Chapter 7

Close Your Eyes

Married life. It wasn't quite what Suho had imagined but nevertheless it was perfect. 

Mornings began with grumbles from both men as Suho pried Yixing away from the bed to shower. As Yixing proceeded to get dressed, Suho would pull on a bathrobe, and stumble into the small, sunlit kitchen to start on breakfast. Soon, the smells of burning porridge and the bitter aroma of coffee filled the house. 

Yixing would trip into the kitchen, shoes still untied, tie askew on his neck. Pecking Suho on the nose, Yixing would hand the knotted tie to said man before plopping down onto one of the stools and eating what was edible of the porridge. Suho would skillfully knot the tie around Yixing's neck before settling down on a stool himself to sip coffee.

Lunchtime was spent at Kyungsoo's local cafe. Yixing would slip away from all the paperwork at the office and Suho would type up the last sentence on his unfinished draft, and the two would find themselves sitting across from each other eating the most delicious BLT sandwiches. 

The evenings were spent at home, around the small mahogany table. More often than not Baekhyun  or Kyungsoo brought over food, despite Suho's weak protests that he could cook. 

Yixing would agree with him to make the shorter male happy. 

Days fell into a routine, until the day Yixing decided to mix it up.

"Hey, babe?" Yixing mumbles one night as they're cuddling in bed. Suho sleepily cracks open one eye to face Yixing before grunting as reply. "What do you think about children?"

"Children?" Suho sits up in bed, Yixing's arms still around his waist. "I... I don't-"

"Not now exactly," Yixing cuts in, face tinted pink. "I mean, we might not be ready, but someday-"

"Yes." Suho squeaks. "I would love to have children... Now."

They spend the rest of the night on a laptop, searching up adoption centers. 

 

They finally adopt a girl named Mei and a boy named Tao and soon after, move out of their small home into a larger house. 

 


 

After months of debating, arguing, splitting up and getting back together, Chanyeol and Baekhyun's wedding was finally coming up. As they had promised, it was an elaborate, ridiculously expensive wedding. "You only get married once!" Baekhyun argued in his own defense. Everyone but Chanyeol laughed. (Chanyeol patted his now slightly empty wallet before giving Baekhyun a kiss). 

White lilies and orchids flourished on both sides of the aisle, a small white arch protruding at the end of the aisle. Mei and Tao were the ring bearer and the flower girl, dressed up by their parents in pretty pastels and they paraded around the room anxiously waiting for their own little turn to shine.

At the end of the aisle, hands clutching nervously at his sides was Chanyeol. The tall man was wearing a fitted black suit, a red tie around his neck and a crisp dress shirt tucked neatly inside. The nervous smile melted away into a genuine grin as a shorter male arrived at the other end of the aisle. 

Baekhyun was dressed in a matching black suit, red tie and shirt, his blond hair combed neatly. He was bouncing up and down with excitement as he walked towards Chanyeol, the only thing keeping him back being his own father's arm and the organ played softly in the background.

The room went silent as the couple stood facing each other. 

"I do" sounded in the quiet cathedral and it seemed even the birds kept silent in respect for the new couple.

 


 

"I want children too."

Baekhyun turned to stare at Chanyeol incredulously as the taller one braided Mei's hair, half oblivious to the world. "We just got married."

"I know.. But I want kids of our own, Baek, what do you think?"

"Go find one of your friends from the park." Baekhyun grumbled, stuffing another cookie into his mouth pouting.

The newlywed couple had just returned from their honeymoon to find Suho and Yixing waiting outside their house. "Babysit them for a bit?" Yixing blurted before pulling the slightly apologetic Suho away.

"Daddy wanted to watch a movie with daddy," Mei explained solemnly. Before Baekhyun could even pick his jaw up from the ground, Chanyeol had whisked the front door open, gesturing for the two kids to come inside the house. 

"Come on, we'll make cookies!" Chanyeol cried delightedly, already taking out the flour and the butter and sugar. Mei and Tao squealed beside him, running around the kitchen happily, cookie cutters in their hands.  

Seeing Chanyeol interact with Suho and Yixing's kids, Baekhyun couldn't deny Chanyeol was good with kids. It brought back memories of when he had first met Chanyeol in the park. He wasn't exactly a fan of children but he was a fan of Chanyeol and Chanyeol was a fan of children. Baekhyun sighed knowing he had lost already.

"Yeah..."

"Yeah?" Chanyeol grunted out as Tao jumped onto his back. "Yeah, what Baek?"

​"Yeah, lets have kids." Turning to Mei, Baekhyun grinned, ruffling her bangs. "What do you say, Mei? Would you like to have some playmates?"

Mei turned towards Baekhyun, a small smile on her usually solemn face. "Yeah. I'd like that."

 


 

Years passed and both Tao and Mei were now in middle school, along with Kris and Yura whom were Chanyeol and Baekhyun's pride. Despite Baekhyun's protests that he abhorred children, it was consequently him who decided to adopt not only one, but two children. 

Yixing had risen in his career, slowly rising to the top of the business. He often left on business trips, coming back home with presents for the children and kisses for Suho. Meanwhile, Suho became a well known author, leaving readers breathless with stories about the supernatural worlds. Life once became a routine.

Kyungsoo and Jongin who had gotten married on a trip to London had come back to Korea and decided that London was "more their style" as the words of young Kris decided. Packing everything they had up into two suitcases they sold their house and moved to a small neighborhood in London. 

 


 

"Hyung?" a voice called out from the hallways before a face peeked out.

Luhan groaned as he flipped himself over to face Sehun. "Yeah, Hunnie?"

"Are you ever going to throw those jeans away?" Sehun scowled, holding up a pair of ripped jeans, wrinkling his nose in disgust. 

"Hunnie," Luhan pouted, grabbing for the pair of greasy old jeans, patched in places and ripped in others. "I love these jeans." He half heartedly tried to grab the jeans again.

"No, hyung, I'm throwing them out," Sehun admonished, taking the tattered article of clothing from Luhan and walking towards the trash. "Its either me or these jeans, you pick."

"Fine but at least check the pockets first," Luhan grumbled. "There might be something in there that you don't want to lose."

With a sigh, Sehun checked the pockets, front and back. "See? Nothing there."

"," Luhan cursed, suddenly crawling around the room frantically. "What do you mean it isn't there?"

Sehun watched in amusement as Luhan dove under the bed. "Well, considering the huge hole in the pocket, I'd be surprised if something was in there."

Luhan almost cried as he crawled out from underneath the bed, his blond hair in tuffs. "There was supposed to be a ring in there! It was diamond and whatever, but the thing is it was a pretty damn expensive and I spent forever picking it out for you."

"For me?" Sehun repeated, understanding dawning in his eyes. "You don't mean-"

"I was going to propose to you? Yeah, well, I figured I waited long enough."

"I thought you didn't believe in marriage?" Sehun mumbled, staring at Luhan blankly, a pink flush creeping over his pale face.

"I don't" Luhan grumbled, running a hand through his hair. "But, I figured since you like the idea so much, and I love you so much, I might as well. I mean, what am I going to lose."

Luhan didn't believe in marriage, but when he saw the huge smile on Sehun's face, his heart clenched just a teensy bit, and he decided marriage wasn't all that bad. 

They later found the ring behind the couch and Sehun cried.

 


 

"Eww, daddy, they're going to kiss" Tao squealed, giggling as Luhan and Sehun finally kissed, the younger male's ears flushing red.

"Shhh," Suho admonished, chuckling slightly. "You're a middle schooler, you can handle a little 'PDA"'

"Close your eyes?" Yixing suggested, grinning as his youngest child quickly slapped a hand over his own eyes much to the amusement of Kyungsoo and Jongin who had come back from London for the wedding. Instinctively, Suho shut his eyes too.

"You don't have to close your eyes" Yixing mumbled into Suho's ear before kissing his own husband.

Poor unsuspecting Tao opened his eyes to find his two dads making out in front of him.

"EWWWWWW"

 

 

 

A/N: Ahh, sorry for the really late update!
I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter (I'm so erratic with my chapter lengths, sorry!)
I'm quite busy the next few weeks (AP testings, etc) so I'm sorry if I don't update very quickly :(
Upvotes are extremely appreciated as well as subscribers, but please please please leave a comment (criticism is welcomed!)
Thank you to everyone who is still following this story XD and I hope you liked kiddie Tao