A different sort of day

The TeenzOnTop Club

L.Joe walked in a somewhat ‘weird’ way to his clubroom, why? Because yesterday the guy he’s crushing on walked him home and made things a little awkward for him. “I was not blushing like a girl” He said aloud, he was having a small monologue to no one at all. “I was quite manly for his information, who does he think he is to say that?” Many people were giving him a look. Like what, he’s perfectly normal. At least he likes to think he is.

When L.Joe got to the clubroom door, he looked through the top to see who was there but the ruckus from inside made it really obvious. That scream was Ricky, the groaning is very likely to be C.A.P, and how could he forget dear Niel who was the voice singing like a mad man.

Before he even took one step in to the noisy atmosphere, they all shouted his name, well everyone excluding C.A.P. Changjo more like said it happily since now there was someone to try control the beasts.

“L.JOE!” Niel and Ricky said.

 “L.Joe” – The one and only, Changjo. A.k.a. L.Joe’s crush.

“Hey guys, I can still hear you from the maths room” L.Joe informed them AGAIN. The maths teacher always complains about the clubs, mostly theirs.

“L.Joe, how did you get home yesterday?” Niel asked when his score on the karaoke machine showed. “Me and C.A.P never saw you leave”

“I went with Changjo...”

*tumbleweed*

“WE WAITED 5 MINUTES FOR YOU AND YOU WENT WITH CHANGJO!” C.A.P yelled which got everyone’s attention, but also had Ricky laughing. “5 WHOLE MINUTES, NOT EVEN 1 BUT 5”

“Just go back to sleep” Changjo put the cover over C.A.P’s head and he was out like a light. “Don’t worry; I made sure he got home” The other two nodded and continues to doing whatever they were doing before L.Joe came in.

Then the awaited Chunji came in. “Hey hey hey!” He didn’t get past the coat rack when Ricky jumped on him and screamed in his ear.

“CHAAAANHEEEEEE~”

“RICKYYYYYYYY~”

From outside the clubroom they heard someone yell “SHUT UP” to them. “Do you have a pencil?” Ricky asked trying to be cute by putting on an ‘adorable’ expression.

“Here you go~”

“When did Chunji start being nice?” L.joe joked but almost regretted it because Chunji kicked his shin. L.Joe could say it was a good thing that he kicked his shin because Changjo got him the ice pack from the freezer and that indeed made L.Joe wanted to smile so big but then he’d look like another version of chucky according to Niel.

“Keep it there for a few minutes” Changjo said looking at L.joe making direct eye contact. If L.Joe said he didn’t like it, he’d be lying just like Pinocchio. Whilst he was in his dreamland Chunji was busy cooing.

“My feels~”

“Your what?” Changjo asked like it was the dumbest thing he’s ever heard and it was.

“MY FEELS FOR CHANG-JOE!”

“ChangJoe?” L.Joe asked he was so curious after hearing that from his best friend, though what is a ChangJoe?

“It’s your couple name, Changjo add L.Joe equals ChangJoe”

“No no no!”

“My ship Byunggie, and it’s sailing” Chunji went to the kitchen. “So hungry” Then they all heard the sound of cutlery falling down and colliding with the floor. “IT’S OKAY” Next the glass cups fell down. Chunji, when will you learn to not knock stuff over from the cupboards?

L.Joe smiled at his friend’s clumsiness and proceeded to keep the ice pack on his shin, but when he put it down Changjo sat next to him and kept hold of it, keeping it in place. L.Joe tried to make it less obvious that he was smiling because of Changjo. He wanted to break the silence between them to make it less awkward. The sleeping C.A.P noises weren’t really helping.

“Have you had your first kiss?” Changjo asked looking at L.Joe’s lips. L.Joe felt his ears burning and his heart was beating really fast, what if Changjo could hear it. Then the picture of Chunji with a creepy smile saying ‘ship sail’ appeared in his head.

“No... Why?” L.Joe gulped. What if Changjo wanted to kiss him?

“I was just curious; don’t get your hopes up”

Wait. What.

L.Joe threw C.A.P’s hat right at Changjo’s face followed by a couch pillow. “I WASN’T EVEN- YOU’RE SO ANNOYING!” He pouted. Yes, L.Joe pouted. Changjo however laughed at L.Joe and threw his arm around his shoulder.

“You’re cute when you pout”

“When I get my hands on your neck, I swear you will be dead”

“Cute, still cute” Changjo said poking L.Joe’s cheek and then patting his head as if he were a five year old. L.Joe pushed him away and sat on the far end of the couch next the C.A.P’s head.

//dreamland: C.A.P//

Homework, what the heck?! Who even made homework? Probably the nerds with the teachers, I am not a nerd. I would say L.Joe could be... Nah... Ricky? Nope. Oooh candy floss! Well hello there Easter bunny! Aren’t you a bit too early? A chocolate Easter egg for me? You say there’s something inside... What?! ‘You forgot to do your homework’. Oh crap.

Must. Go. Home.

WAKE UP MINSOO, YOU LAZY OAF.

//End of dreamland...//

“Guys I feel really sick” C.A.P said, going with his plan to go home only to avoid homework.

“What did you forget to do?” Niel asked.

“Homework”

“You don’t have homework though, lucky lazy lunatic” Niel said clearly doing his last minute maths homework. C.A.P mentally wanted to kill his dreamland. “Why did the Easter bunny tell you that you had homework due in today?” Niel said sarcastically, rolling his eyes in disbelief.

C.A.P looked up at Niel. “How did you know?”

“I can read your mind” Niel was thought C.A.P would believe him but he knew it didn’t work when C.A.P gave him an ‘are-you-serious’ look.

“Can someone go to food tech and get me the stuff I made, please” Chunji asked. C.A.P asked why and said he was going to be lazy if he didn’t get it. “I’m busy fixing what I broke”

“I’ll go” Changjo said. “I need to get something from my locker and its near there anyway”

“Thank you~ Byunggie go with him to make sure he gets the right one”

“Oh, okay” Chunji was glad he agreed, this is his way of making them two get closer, he has set himself a mission, a mission to get them together. Step one: Make them spend unnecessary time together. Check.

“Let’s go now” Changjo said and they both walked out.

It was all silent until they got the Changjo’s locker and L.Joe managed to peep at what was inside. It was like Chunji smacked him in the face when he saw a picture on the locker doors inside part. But it was no ordinary picture. It was a picture of him. L.joe was in his locker and no one else was. He smiled and tried to not think about it. What if it was just a coincidence that he happened to have a picture of L.Joe in his locker?

“Why do you have a picture of... me in your locker?” L.joe managed to muster up the courage to ask about it.

“Let’s quickly get the stuff from food tech” Changjo quickly said, he was trying to avoid the question because honestly L.joe was not supposed to see that at all.

“Answer the question first”   

“Fine, It’s because Niel gave it to me so I just put it in here” Lies, Changjo was telling a complete lie. It was a good thing that L.joe saw right through it and gave him a look which was most likely a threatening one. When Changjo saw this he sighed and held up his hands to surrender. “I thought it was nice so yeah, I kept it in here”

L.joe decided that he should just leave it at that. For now. There’s no stopping him from bringing the topic up in the clubroom.

They got to the food tech room and collected the food Chunji made. It smelt like heaven was in a portable container. Yes, that good. Changjo was stealing glances at L.joe whenever the older wasn’t looking, he was quite discreet when he looked and it seemed to work. There was a comfortable silence between the two when they were walking back to the clubroom. As soon as they entered Chunji popped out of nowhere and was jumping up and down.

 “How are my couple doing? And where’s my food?”

“We are not a couple and here is your darn food” L.joe said clearly not happy with the couple fact. He thought that Changjo shouldn’t know how he feels.

“Why can’t we be? It would be cute” Changjo said gaining everyone’s attention, even C.A.P’s whose ears liked finding interesting conversation to listen in on. “I mean you always deny it but isn’t it you that wants to be in a relationship with me?”

Oh. My. Gosh.

“Oh snap, busted” C.A.P said. Ricky and Niel were busy gaping at that and trying to hold in their laughter after. Surprisingly their laughter was able to be held in.

“I never said anything about wanting that” L.joe was sort of stunned but was able to say that quietly.

“I’ve noticed something though...”

‘Please say you don’t know that I like you’ L.joe hoped that Changjo wouldn’t find out, because then what if he got rejected, rejection hurts. Like A LOT.

“... You look at me... differently”

Bam. Are you happy Chunji? Look what you’ve done. “How?”

“As if you liked me”

Niel and Ricky couldn’t hold it in anymore. C.A.P just stuck his tongue out and smiled really big. Chunji looked like he was going to die like a Jongkey fangirl when they do their little fan service and the fans go mad. This was his own OTP ship.

“I don’t like you in that way” L.joe tried so hard just to say that.

“What if I liked you in that way” Changjo said looking right into L.joe’s eyes. “What if?” With that Changjo left the room and everyone looked at L.joe who swallowed hard and was too stunned to say anything so he just sat down and sighed.

“Don’t I just love love?”

“Selfie!” C.A.P posed with Niel and Ricky. Chunji was pretty proud but he was thinking about why the others were taking the ugliest ‘selfie’ ever.

“OMO I look like SHINee’s Onew here!” Ricky said.

“No you don’t” Chunji said bluntly. L.joe was still speechless and remained still. His best friend came to sit next to him and instantly he began talking about cookies and whatever else came up in his mind. Then he had decided to change the topic to his most desired topic

“You like him. I told you, I told you”

“You are the worst”

“HA HA HA, C.A.P get rid of that booger” Niel said backing away from the phone screen. Ricky just screamed ‘eww’ and ran in a circle. C.A.P however was let’s just say anti-selfie at the moment. He did not have a booger in his nose. Now C.A.P was sulking about selfies and pictures in general.

“I am fabulous” C.A.P chanted each time he looked at Niel and Ricky who were snickering and giggling at the photos on their phones. Thanks to Ricky sending each picture to everyone’s phones, C.A.P was going to have a hard time thinking of excuses to why he was taking those pictures.

Ricky knows MANY people.

It’s like he knows the whole school, and that is a lot of girls and boys. Also its most likely going to spread from the people on Ricky’s contacts.

Chunji left the clubroom to go find Changjo and interrogate him. He was able to find him in 2 minutes because the boy was drinking water at the fountain. Chunji was going to yell his name out when someone else called it. Or another name.

“Hey Jonghyun” The person walked off and Changjo waved bye to him.

“What” Left Chunji’s mouth. “I thought his name was Changjo!”

Changjo heard that and turned to see Chunji in shock. “What’s up?”

“YOU LIED TO US!” Chunji started to shake Changjo’s shoulders. “YOU SAID YOUR NAME WAS CHANGJO”

“That’s my nickname”

“AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN TELL US YOUR NAME WAS JONGHYUN”

“You never asked”

 

“Fair point. BUT STILL” He kept whining and found it hard to process. It had been time since Changjo joined the club, but he never even tried to tell them his real name. WHAT THE HECK.

“Sorry I just kept forgetting and it didn’t seem like it mattered”

“Who doesn’t tell their name to the members in the club they joined”

“Well you didn’t tell me your name was Chanhee” Changjo thought about it and to be honest he had to hear a conversation with Chunji’s real name to find out that it was Chanhee. “Quite a nice girl name though”

“What. Did. You. Say.”

“Nothing sorry”

“ANYWAYS Changjo you know how you said that you and L.Joe would look like a cute couple, do you by any chance... you know... like L.joe?”

“I don’t know”

“FIRST YOUR NAME AND NOW THIS! WHAT ARE YOU?!” Chunji just pouted and went back to the clubroom. Changjo . BIG TIME.

However Changjo was talking to himself outside.

“Why would I say whether or not I liked L.joe”

“HEARD YOU!” Chunji yelled from the clubroom, bat ears much?

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank youuuuu for for lovely comments, makes me happy to read them  >_< You guys are AWESOME. And yet again sorry it took super long D; 

I hope you like it ^^