Just... studying

The TeenzOnTop Club

 

“C.A.P, where’s the others?” Changjo asked once he got in the clubroom. It was quiet, too quiet for his liking. Changjo’s gotten used to all the noise and commotion cause by the members of the club. Certain people were extremely loud and fussy.

“Well as far as I know and care, Ricky and Niel both are in lessons... Chunji’s in detention and L.joe will probably come later”

Changjo ignored the lonely look on C.A.P’s face. “Why is Chunji in detention?” He took a banana from the basket of fruit. He peeled it to show a nasty green colour, straight away he threw it in the bin. C.A.P looked at him and then the banana. Then he took a banana for himself without knowing.

The older stared at the banana and then set it aside on the small table. Changjo was still waiting for the answer to his question, did C.A.P not hear him? “Are you going to answer my question?”

C.A.P picked the banana from the table which he placed it on like 20 seconds ago. He peeled his banana and it looked fine. Unlike the one Changjo threw in the bin, this one was a normal colour and it wasn’t green at all. At least the part he saw.

In a hungry motion, C.A.P slowly ate the banana; his face showed that the banana did not taste like a banana. “Someone poisoned my banana” Changjo looked at the hints of greens appearing and he bit his lip.

Restricting himself from saying ‘eww’ or anything along the lines of ‘your banana was green you idiot’, Changjo swallowed and waited for C.A.P to speak. “He threw a spatula at another student” C.A.P finally answered the question. However, Changjo had another question to ask. ‘Do you not feel sick or something?’

Changjo watched C.A.P’s face turn a bit pale, the banana might have just gotten to him. “I’m going to use the” He pointed to the bathroom and ran in. What the heck was in the banana?

The clubroom door opened whilst Changjo plugged in his headphones.

Just then L.joe came strolling in and sat down on the couch, he made a disgusted face. “Tell me, when are you never in a mood?” Changjo asked.

“I’m not in a mood. It just stinks” L.joe covered his nose and mouth with his hand.

“At least you weren’t there to witness it”

“What happened?” L.joe asked him.

“He ate some green banana, I peeled one and then I threw it away”

“Those were for Niel!” The short boy stomped him foot on the floor and started to sulk. “I had to use my science equipment to make sure it was good!”

“I must admit, that is a pretty smart thing to do” Changjo would have never thought to use his science stuff to make a banana... green and poisoned? “I know right, well I’m guessing C.A.P’s going to be a little bit too sick”

“Yeah, I feel bad” L.joe said, Changjo opened his mouth to say something but L.joe got there quicker. “I’ll get over it in a minute or two” Changjo just smiled at him, that’s the L.joe he knows.

A few minutes had gone by with a few words like ‘pass me that’ or ‘move your hand’/

It was silent after that but L.joe could sort of hear Changjo’s music. It sounded like Changjo was a VIP as Fantastic Baby was playing. “Wow, Fantastic Baby” L.joe randomly said making Changjo look up at him and give a smile.

“How did you know?” Honestly it wasn’t the hardest thing to guess.

“I can hear every word they are saying”

“That’s loud, I’ll turn it down” Changjo unlocked his phone but L.joe stopped him from turning the volume down. The shorter male sat himself next to Changjo and took his phone out of his hands. He took the headphones out from the phone and turned the music up.

Changjo took out his books and began to do some work on the table. L.joe did the same; the two were both listening to music at the same time with no real distractions. It was a comfortable silence was between them, but they were immersed in their work.

C.A.P came out the bathroom holding his stomach and a sick bag. “I’m going home guys, bye” With that he left the clubroom quickly. L.joe and Changjo exchanged looks at each other, before laughing.

They were alone again in the clubroom for the second time, it definitely was better than before as L.joe wanted to punch Changjo in the face. L.joe stole glances at Changjo whenever he simply wanted to look at the younger.

He didn’t know that Changjo was doing the same because he had noticed the glances L.joe was giving him. L.joe was oblivious to Changjo’s glances.

L.joe reached for the pencil and so did Changjo. It would be cheesy if they did what people acted in the dramas. Taking note of that in mind, Changjo pushed L.joe’s hand away and snatched the pencil. L.joe sent a death glare to Changjo and grabbed Changjo’s arm. Then the shorter boy bit his wrist.

“You cannibal” Changjo said rubbing his wrist which had visible red teeth marks. L.joe shrugged and slapped Changjo’s bitten wrist. “Seriously. You like watching me in pain”

The ‘cannibal’ nodded and pointed at the books and the pens after he pretended to zip his mouth and throw the key away. He was trying to tell Changjo to work and shut up. Changjo was just thinking: What the hell.

“Are you mute?”

L.joe punched his shoulder and began to write on the paper. Changjo read it aloud “You so stupid” he rolled his eyes “I know you are, but what am I?”

The way L.joe looked at him; you could tell he wanted to strangle Changjo. He wrote again and Changjo read aloud again “You are so annoying, do work” L.joe could just sense what was coming.

“I know you are, but what am I?”

He was right.

“You are dead to me” L.joe said the annoyance was hinted in his voice. Changjo made a mocking face and went back to writing his essay.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *    *

Niel, Ricky and Chunji walked in the clubroom together, talking about random things. “OH MY GOD!” exclaimed Niel when he saw the state of the clubroom.

The couch was tipped over and had things flapping off it. A vase was on the floor and the small side tables were flipped over. Not to forget there was a hole in wall. Things of all sorts were scattered on the floor and broken or just lying there. Toilet paper was dangling from the bathroom all around the clubroom. Ricky was pretty sure that there were – what seemed like it – bite marks printed in the couch’s armrests. The club photo had a ripped hole going right through Niel’s face (the boy had yet to see that). The TV had a crack on the screen and it was tilted at a weird angle.

The list could go on and on, but what really scared the three who just came in was the smashed fish tank. All the water was soaked into the small carpet under the stand.

One word could describe the scene: A disaster.

Chunji’s mouth had opened, after a detention he thought the clubroom would at least be... the way they left it in the morning. C.A.P went home so only two people could’ve done this.

L.joe and Changjo.

When Chunji looked to find the two, they were both sat next to the table and were studying. It looked peaceful, way too peaceful. For a strange reason Chunji thought that they looked innocent and they couldn’t possibly have done that to the whole clubroom.

Ricky and Niel both thought the same. It was L.joe and Changjo that made this mess. It’s not like they were angry or anything. Okay, maybe a bit angry because of the TV and fish tank, but the rest would be alright.

L.joe looked up from his books “Oh, hey guys. I didn’t notice you came in”

“YOU’RE TELLING ME THAT YOU DON’T NOTICE US. WELL MISTER LOOK AROUND YOU!” Chunji said loudly. L.joe and Changjo looked around and back at the three.

“What?” They said in unison.

“It’s a fracking mess” Niel said, stating the obvious.

“Well... It was like that anyway” Changjo said, lying and trying to make it seem as if he was speaking the truth.

L.joe only had ‘blame C.A.P’ in his head and the big voice inside was chanting it so the words just stuck in his mind. “Blame C.A.P” It accidently slipped but he remained the same, he didn’t freak so it wasn’t obvious.

“C.A.P did this?” Ricky asked, he gestured to each object that was destroyed, which was nearly everything apart from the table they were using to study on. L.joe and Changjo just nodded and continued to write whatever they had to write.

Niel and Ricky decided to leave the clubroom and get something to eat. Chunji later followed, he looked like he was going to cry because of the fish tank.

What’s a fish tank, without the fishes?

Chunji stopped in his tracks. The fishes. Where are the fishes? There were 12 fishes so where did they all go. He tried to forget about the fishes and thought they were still there.

 

In the clubroom L.joe erupted with laughter and playfully punched Changjo’s shoulder several times. He saw Changjo with a serious face and stopped laughing. The minute Changjo started laughing, he joined again. By now they sounded like idiots because they were laughing like maniacs.

“What did we do to this place” L.joe managed to say in between his laughter, he right now didn’t care that the room was a huge mess and they would be the ones to clean it all up. They’d need to buy new things. Especially the fish tank...

Where are the fishes?

Oh, snap.

“Where are the fishes?” L.joe asked Changjo. But to his horror the younger boy shrugged. He hurried and checked the bits of the tank; he found 11 of the fishes struggling to live. Each fish was trying to jump a little and move a bit. L.joe watched them. He wondered where the last fish was. But sadly, the fish was under stuck under the flipped couch.

“Crap” L.joe muttered. It just had to be the expensive fish. The pretty fish too.

 “It’s your fault” Changjo said when L.joe began to pick up broken pieces of the fish tank.

“You did it too”

“Who was the one who chased me around and knocked things down?” L.joe mimicked him and placed small glass pieces into a container. Changjo decided to get the dustpan and brush. When he opened the clubs store cupboard, things toppled over before him. Luckily he found the dustpan and brush with a bunch of other cleaning products.

As soon as he got it he slid it to where L.joe was picking up glass. Changjo heard a faint ‘thanks’ by L.joe.

It was quiet except for the music playing in the background.

L.joe turned to look at what Changjo was cleaning. When he saw the whole side looked back to normal, L.joe’s mouth opened. He was actually speechless. “Where’s the mess?”

Changjo came from the store cupboard “All gone, most if it written down in the list I made”

“Are you like the cleaning god?” L.joe still was gaping at the sight of the side being clean.

“No, but I am handsome so that makes me awesome”

“You wish you were as handsome as me” L.joe snorted.

“Let’s ask Niel when he comes back, and then we’ll see about that” the younger boy challenged and as he wanted, L.joe agreed to it.

“Fine, but help me clean up” The boy pouted which made Changjo smile more.

Time flies. According to Changjo, it was like just yesterday L.joe was afraid of going camping. But now, the two are stuck cleaning a mess which was made by them chasing each other and not caring about breaking things. It was like just a few days ago, L.joe wanted to get rid of him. It was like two days ago, Changjo thought C.A.P was dead but he was really sleeping.

Although graduation will come up later, Changjo for some reason thought:

“It’s not as bad as I thought it’d be”

Honestly, Changjo liked the club. It was like a second home to him. Just a more exciting house. This club was the reason he looked forward to coming to school. Changjo wouldn’t say that to the members though.

Of course Changjo had other friends from his actual lessons. However he stopped going to them. Just so he could see his new friends.

One person though from day one, has had his attention throughout the whole time of him being in the club. This person makes him smile a lot more and is playful. Sure they can be grumpy or moody, but that’s probably what Changjo finds interesting about him. This person may not have the best score on a music test, but he’s pretty smart to Changjo.

The person that has Changjo’s attention is L.joe.

All the other members were... extraordinary too and even Changjo doesn’t know why L.joe seemed to have his attention. He was still in the middle of his list of reasons.

Let’s just say... L.joe is special.

“Changjo, hand me the cloth”

Silence.

“YAH”

“Huh?” Changjo snapped out from his thoughts and looked at the older boy, confused.

“Pass me the cloth” L.joe said, gesturing to the cloth next to Changjo.

“Say please, where are your manners?”

“With my mother. Hand me the cloth!” The older boy groaned when Changjo took the cloth and hid it behind his back. L.joe put the smallest amount of effort to try grab it, he flapped his hand the the item. “Pass it!” He whined.

“Fine” Changjo wrote ‘it’ on a piece of paper and handed it to him. Then he shrugged at L.joe.

“Oh. Thanks.” L.joe took the piece of paper and stuffed it in his mouth; he began chewing it very slowly.

Changjo stared.

L.joe chewed.

L.joe made a disgusted face.

Changjo made a satisfied face.

L.joe spat it out on Changjo.

“WHAT THE-” Changjo jumped back when his paper -which was wet- hit him. He gave L.joe a look. “Why would you even spit it out at me?” The younger boy wiped the area on his face where it managed to hit him.

“You never gave me the cloth” Changjo threw the cloth at him and L.joe smiled “Thank you~”

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

Sorry i had lots of work to do T_T hope you like the chapter and thanks for subscribing

CHANGJOE