This handful called Jealousy

The TeenzOnTop Club

‘Should I go?’

L.Joe was in some sort of dilemma and he couldn’t seem to decide whether he should go to meet the person who gave him the note. He knew that if he didn’t go he might miss out on whatever it meant but it also could be something dangerous?

He glanced over at the clock on the wall. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. The second hand kept on ticking, He let out a long sigh before finally deciding that he should go and get this over with.  

“I guess I should go...” he let out another sigh and walked towards the bathroom to freshen up. After he was finished in the bathroom he opened my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of jeans and a random shirt. Since he wanted to look good he styled his hair and proceeded out of his room.

 “Mum, I’m going out for a while, I’ll be back later!”, she simply waved L.Joe off and he took it as his queue to leave.

On the way to the park he listened to music and kept checking the time to make sure he wasn’t going to be late. It was dark but the street lamps everywhere brightened the place up and make it seem slightly safer, not that L.Joe was afraid.

When he reached the park he noticed how it was empty but he continued to walk further in to see if anyone was there and he was right. There were two people standing there holding hands, they seemed to look like a couple so L.Joe thought the person was going to be slightly late.

He let his back press against the tree still listening to music and gazed off for a couple of minutes.

Chunji said her name was Minah...

L.Joe suddenly remembered what Chunji had told him, “Minah...” without him realising the name slipped out of his mouth. The girl began turning her head to see who called her name and L.Joe too looked around to see if anyone heard him.

He looked behind the tree and saw that the girl had spotted him and waved even though her fingers were intertwined with another person.

They look like a... couple.

“You called me?” The girl finally spoke. After letting go of the person’s hand she began walking closer and closer to him. L.Joe didn’t know who she was because it was dark and why she was suddenly coming towards him but he got up from his slumped position and continued to look at her as if she was crazy.

“Did you call me? I heard my name get called so I assumed it was you because... well there are only three people here at the moment” she said when she got to reasonable distance, L.Joe stood there dumbfounded by what she just said. “Wait... you’re Minah?” she nodded at him.

“There was a note in my locker by you telling me to come here...” everything went silent for a minute and only the rustling of the leaves could be heard. “What do you mean? I didn’t sen-”

“What’s going on here?” she was interrupted by a different voice and both L.Joe and Minah looked at the person who said it. L.Joe’s shoulders became stiff as he seemed to recognise both the voice and the person’s face. ‘It can’t be him... I must be delusional’ “...L.Joe?!” he eyes only widened as he heard his name being called by the one person he wished it wouldn’t have been.  “C-Changjo?”

“Yeah, it’s me” L.Joe felt his heart slowly break but he tried his best to push aside those feelings.

“Oppa~ who is this?” she said whilst intertwining her hand together with his, “this is one of the club members, L.Joe” “Can we go now oppa? He seems a little lost anyway” she said as she leaned in and pecked Changjo on the cheek. L.Joe stood there, he couldn’t speak, and he now had a broken heart.

“Changjo...” L.Joe didn’t respond to Changjo once. ‘I wanted to be the one to hold his hand like that, I wanted to be the one that kissed his cheek, why does she get to...’

“L.Joe! What are you doing here?” Changjo stared at L.Joe, he let go of Minah’s hand and started shaking L.Joe’s shoulders but he still didn’t get a response. Instead, L.Joe shot Minah a dirty look and walked past her, being sure to bump her shoulder slightly. He really wanted to kill her for stealing his Changjo. “So, this is how Chunji feels about her” he muttered to himself as he made his way out of the park.

L.Joe had taken out his keys and opened the door and slammed it behind him. He ran up to his room and flung himself on the bed thinking about what just happened. He got up and started picking up teddy bears and throwing them around.  After throwing bears around, L.Joe finally stopped and lay on the floor; where he stayed and fell asleep.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

//Morning in the Clubroom//

Chunji had just finished listening to L.Joe’s story about his arch nemesis, Minah. Chunji had SO much to say about her. “What a-” He almost finished, but every time he tried to say something about her he always got interrupted.

This time it was by Minah herself. “Eww, why are you here?” Chunji asked with a dark expression, completely different from happy go Chunji that was willing to shove his friends into a cupboard (and apply lipstick).

“Oh, Chunji, I never knew you were in this clu-”

“AGAIN, why are you here?” Chunji cut her off. Even her voice annoys him. She came closer to him and L.Joe on the couch. “Don’t come near us!” Chunji covered his eyes from her. L.Joe just sat there next to him, mentally planning her ‘tragic’ death.

“Are you scared you’ll fall for me?” She winked at him.

“My mother taught me, that if a beast comes up to you kick them where it hurts!” L.Joe grabbed Chunji back down when he tried to get up. “Come at me you rat! Think you’re so pretty, eh? Let’s see about that when I kick you in your big mou-”

“Hey guys!” Changjo walked in to see L.Joe holding Chunji back, who had one foot currently up attempting to kick Minah. “What are you even doi-”

“WILL SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME JUST FINISH MY SENTENCES!”

Changjo gave a weird look to them all after being cut off from asking the most helpful question. He stood next to C.A.P. It wasn’t long until pair of hands were thrown around him. “CHANGJO OPPA!”

L.Joe let go of Chunji and whispered “Knock her out, monkey”. Chunji threw him a glare before just casually walking up to her and breaking them apart.

“Changjo, please remove this fiend from our club room”

“But oppa wants me here!”

“B-b-but oppa wants me here” Chunji mocked her and then faced Niel. “You’re the president, do something!” Niel groaned and huddled up in his blanket.

“But you’re vice!” Chunji let out a small ‘oh yeah’ and turned to face her. “There. Is. A. Sign” He pointed to what L.Joe was holding.

‘No FEMALE dogs allowed!’ C.A.P started laughing. “Okay, who made that?” L.Joe put up his hand and C.A.P went to go high five him.

“Guy, why can she not stay? I know her” Changjo said, making everyone quiet. Ricky shrugged and wondered what was going on (He was in Ricky world). L.Joe, Chunji and C.A.P shook their heads.

“Fine, new clubbie, we must allow it” Niel said before going in to the kitchen for something to drink. Changjo just stared at the three who were saying ‘no’. He wondered why L.Joe above everyone was there. He then remembered last night. ‘Oh yeah...’

“Oppa!” Minah wrapped her arms around Changjo and then pecked his cheek. She giggled before facing L.Joe, she made a action which meant ‘he’s mine’. Oh yeah, L.Joe could’ve shot her by now. If he had a gun.

Minah then sat next to L.Joe and Chunji when Changjo was called to go to the kitchen by Niel. “Byungbyung, are you jealous yet?”

“Only I can call Byungbyung, Byungbyung!” Chunji shot another glare.

“Yeah, you witch!” L.Joe joined Chunji. He wouldn’t be telling the truth if he said it wasn’t fun calling her names. “And no, pssh, why would I be jealous of you?”

“Because, oppa is mine, right oppa?” She looked at L.Joe and winked. That’s when C.A.P ‘dissed’ her.

“Why do you wink? He’ll go blind, because it’s so ugly” Oh ho ho... Burnnn. C.A.P thought, until he saw L.Joe shaking his head.

“Changjo oppa!” She called, a hum was the response.

“Yo! Changjo!” L.Joe tried.

“Yeah, L.Joe? What’s up?” Changjo came in the room to see Minah have a look on her face and L.Joe smiling like he got a fortune cookie.

“Nothing, I was just testing my good vocals” L.Joe put on a high voice “Na na na na na!”

Changjo froze, why the heck was L.Joe acting all immature. And why was he acting like a completely different person? He took a few seconds to register the fact they all were being childish.

What the heck did he just see?!

L.Joe had stuck out his tongue at Minah and faced him smiling. AND HE THOUGHT CHUNJI WAS IMMATURE, PSSH.

Chunji, now that he had thought about it wasn’t saying much. That was definitely weird. “Chunji? Are you okay?” He looked to see Chunji’s head down.

“He’s sleeping, hush” Ricky said dragging Chunji into the storage room and locking it after coming out. “A-ha, a-ha, a-ha”

“Oppa! Kiss my cheek!” Minah whined. Changjo lazily walked over to her a poked her cheek instead. “Please!” Before Changjo said anything, Minah dragged him to sit next to her.

Great. He thought. He was now in between Minah and L.Joe. Minah rested her head on his shoulder, making him flinch a bit. L.Joe tried, making him think: What the...

Next Minah pulled him closer to him using a gentle force, whilst L.Joe practically dragged the poor boy closer. After that, Minah kissed his cheek. “Grr” C.A.P made a noise. No one knows why C.A.P made the noise. But C.A.P nudged L.Joe and pointed to Changjo, his lips and then his cheek.

NOW, ordinary L.Joe would totally not kiss Changjo’s cheek. But this was possessed, competitive and jealous L.Joe would, so... here goes nothing. L.Joe planted a big kiss right on Changjo’s cheek.

“You think you’re the only one who can kiss his cheek? Well think again” L.Joe sat back and looked proud. Until...

Damn.

He just did that.

Changjo stood up and looked at the two. “What the hell are you both doing?” Minah stayed silent.

“What the heck are you doing?” Changjo looked at her and frowned whilst wiping the side of his cheek she kissed. “You should go... now”

“Fine, but oppa... you’re little friend there was a bit too jealous of us” She left the room. L.Joe mentally stabbed himself, but cheered too. She is finally gone!

“WHAHEY!” C.A.P cheered then shoved L.Joe off the couch to sleep. That’s a good C.A.P, sleeping as soon as the drama ends. OR SO HE THINKS.

DUN DUN DUN.

“You’re jealous?” Changjo asked. C.A.P opened his eyes. D-RA-MA.

“No!” L.Joe crossed his arms. “I was just playing about...” He tried making up things on the spot. Obviously he was jealous of that girl.

“You never play like that!” Was heard from the storage room along with banging on the door. “DON’T LIE TO HIM!” L.Joe went to the door and kicked it. “Shut up, or I won’t let you out”

The storage room went quiet. “Why were you jealous?” Changjo asked, he’d never expect L.Joe to be jealous. Especially of Minah!

“Alright! I was jealous! It’s because... you b-both were all couple. And I was... That’s all” L.Joe huffed and let his best friend out the storage room before Changjo could say anything about L.Joe being competitive for him. L.Joe left after dragging Chunji out the club door.

“That stuffs gone crazy” C.A.P said while covering himself to sleep.