Barbecue (part 3)

The TeenzOnTop Club

All the members gaped at what Changjo just said. “You’re gay?!” Niel asked/exclaimed. Changjo nodded, unsure of whether it was a good or a bad thing. L.joe was trying so hard to conceal the wide smile that any second could be plastered on his face. The small boy couldn’t believe what he had just heard.  For a second it was like L.joe was fantasizing or even dreaming about this moment.

L.joe was probably the happiest person in the room when they had heard Changjo’s truthful confession. That meant he had a chance to be with his not-so-small-crush, Changjo. The thought made him think he was floating on a cloud surrounded by rainbows and unicorns. Maybe that was a little too extreme, but seriously, he couldn’t have been happier. Changjo’s voice broke L.joe’s daydreaming, “I can’t tell if my ual orientation is good, but I’m starting to think you guys don’t exactly like it.”

They all were about to say something but L.joe had beaten all the other members to it. “No! It’s a really good thing” Changjo smiled at L.joe to receive it back, that smile lasted a while and the two didn’t want to break the gaze. At that moment, it was like they both were in love. The others watched and C.A.P slyly took a photo of the ‘couple’. “Umm... Should we continue then?”

“Uh, yeah” Changjo replied, still staring at L.joe who kept his eyes lingering on Changjo’s. Changjo didn’t even notice the others.

“Yo lurvebirds.” C.A.P clicked his fingers. It successfully gained their attention as well as the other club members.

“We are not ‘lurvebirds’!” L.joe shouted as a response.

“mhmm”

 

*    *    *    *    *     *    *    *    *

It was late.

L.joe, being high from the two cans of coke he managed to drink before, couldn’t sleep. He lay in his sleeping bag looking around to see if someone else was awake, but he couldn’t see anything due to the darkness. L.joe could only hear C.A.P’s snores which everyone had adjusted to. The short boy sat up and pouted, everyone was asleep and he was wide awake. He looked to the sleeping bag next to him, where Changjo slept. “I don’t want to wake you up because you look so cute when you’re asleep” L.joe whispered before building up the courage to bring his hand up and gently remove Changjo’s hair which was covering his face.

Damn, L.joe’s cheeks were on fire.

“I was really happy when you said that you liked guys”

L.joe hesitated before Changjo’s fluffy brown hair.

“It made my heart go all crazy and I probably looked like a freak trying to hide my smile”

* *

“I was shocked at first”

* *

 

 

 

“I could tell”

 

Wait. What.

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“heh.”

 

“...”

“You were... awake?”

“umm... maybe”

L.joe flipped over like a seal back to his sleeping bag and faced away from Changjo. ... He heard every word I said. L.joe thought, his cheeks were flushed and he felt like slapping himself for saying all of that. Now Changjo’s really going to find out. At least he didn’t say ‘I really like you’.

The small boy felt like crying as he recapped one of the stupid things he said: “It made my heart go crazy”

He was sulking because of his foolish actions.

If L.joe could slap himself at that moment, he would. That was his crush and he had to be all stupid around him. The boy was now facing his best friend, the darkness made it hard for L.joe to tell whether or not Chunji was asleep.

Clearly Changjo was awake.

 

“L.joe?” L.joe panicked when he heard Changjo’s voice calling out for him. He wondered if he should just pretend to be asleep. But, his mouth beat him to that.

“hmm?”

“Sweet dreams” Changjo stretched his arms around L.joe’s small figure, bringing him closer to cuddle with. L.joe felt like dying. Not in a bad way... it was just that he was being cuddled up to by the guy he really likes, except his heart was beating so fast and L.joe was sure that Changjo would be able to hear it.

“Y-you too”

Way to go L.joe... make it obvious by stuttering.

At least the short male got to sleep feeling very warm.

 

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

“Goooooood morning fluffy children~” Chunji sang as he arose from his sleeping bag.

“Good morn- Oh, dude... your hair” Niel said pointed to the messy and wild looking bush thing that sat on top of Chunji’s head.

“meanie” Chunji pouted and turned to see his best friend smiling like a creep in his sleeping bag. Being a good friend, he jumped on L.joe and started gnawing on his pyjamas. At that moment C.A.P came out of the kitchen to see the scene.

“What the heck... Chunji stop being a cannibal by eating your friend.”

“No faaaair, I’m hungry” The said cannibal continued devouring L.joe.

“Chunji looks like that old lady from ‘Drag me to hell’” Ricky said, rubbing his eyes and shoving past C.A.P. The oldest looked around before throwing random objects at everyone else, attempting to get them all up.

“WAKE UP IF YOU WANT FOOD.”

About 10 seconds after C.A.P yelled that, everyone was up and getting ready, leaving the oldest to smile proudly.

 

 

“So guys, how’s my place?” C.A.P asked, whilst everyone chewed on their breakfast.

“Food’s great” L.joe said, happily munching on his cornflakes, occasionally taking sips of his orange juice which sat not too far away from his bowl. “But seriously, it’s been fun!” For about a second he looked at Changjo who happened to start choking on his tropical juice. As the result of that, some juice flew all the way to L.joe and landed right on his face.

“Oh god. I’m so sorry!” Changjo quickly apologised after seeing the juice fly with his own eyes. Everyone but L.joe and Changjo were laughing, Chunji even rolled on the floor cracking up at the scene he just witnessed.

“It’s fine.” L.joe muttered but secretly he wanted to throw a spoonful of cornflakes at Changjo’s face. Despite him liking the male in a more affectionate way... nothing would stop L.joe from attacking the younger boy. Except it was only morning and he really wasn’t going to use his energy.

“Great shot Changjo!” C.A.P laughed and held up his hand for Changjo to high five, but didn’t receive a high five back.

“L.joe so deserved that” Ricky started and was immediately shut up by L.joe’s death glare.

“I didn’t even do anything to you guys!” complained the short boy who was suppressing a pout that would soon form with his lips. “This is like L.joe-bullying-day all over again” he huffed.

“Now now, that’s the day we all look forward to in November” said Niel. Honestly, Niel was one the the three that particularly enjoyed that day the most.

“Why is there no C.A.P-bullying-day or Niel-bullying-day?” Changjo asked thinking the idea was a bit mean if it was only to one person.

“There are days for everyone, young one” C.A.P patted Changjo’s back. Great, Changjo-bullying-day Changjo thought. How would they exactly bully him?

“He has so much to learn about” Pointed out Ricky. “Can I have more juice~” Instead of giving him the juice, L.joe pushed it further away from him. When Ricky pouted, L.joe stuck his tongue out at him.

 

“Cute...” Changjo muttered at the sight of L.joe sticking his tongue out. He thought no one would hear him but unfortunately, Chunji heard it and automatically ‘fanboyed’ over it.

“HE JUST CALLED L.JOE CUTE!”

“NO HE DIDN’T!” L.joe tried to make it seem like Changjo didn’t but it only made the others curious of their ‘relationship’

Changjo sighed ‘has there ever been a time where Chunji could stay quiet for about 10 minutes’, he thought. “Are you guys...” Niel started “secretly dating?”

“NO!” L.joe and Changjo yelled at the same time, shocked. They both looked at each other and quickly turned after making eye contact. “We’re not dating!” L.joe quickly said to convince the others.

“mhmm” C.A.P shook his head in disbelief. He wasn’t buying any of the truth.

“You guys act all lovey dovey around each other” Ricky said.

“And you both are right idiots” Niel pointed out; straight away he was punched by L.joe who was blushing furiously.

“I’m serious, we’re not dating. If we were don’t you think we would’ve told our only friends?” Changjo stated.

“He has a point” Chunji was sort of convinced.

“He does, doesn’t he” C.A.P nodded.

 “Guys, if we do start to date then we’ll tell you all” Changjo said placing some strawberries into his mouth. He took one look at L.joe. The short boy was gaping. Random emotions and questions floated through L.joe’s mind, he was too shocked that he left quickly and went into the bathroom.

“He said ‘if we do’, so that means the chances of us are higher, right?” The frantic brunette slapped his cheeks. “But what if he’s lying? No, Changjo wouldn’t lie like that”

After another minute of sitting on the bathroom floor and debating about the same thing, L.joe stood up. “Why am I so stupid?” he groaned.

“I know you’re stupid so hurry the hell up” Niel yelled from outside, luckily L.joe had decided to come out.

“Who’s stupid?” Chunji asked when he walked past with Changjo to go get something from C.A.P’s room.

“Oh, L.joe just admitted that he’s stupid” With that Niel hurried into the bathroom.

“I thought it was obvious from that test paper I saw when I first met him.” Muttered Changjo, he was aware that L.joe could hear it.

Little did he know that the older had concluded something: Changjo was a bully. “I put in effort!” L.joe whined, only to hear Changjo shaking his head in disapproval.

“Your effort wasn’t the best~”

“Oh, I’m sorry Chunji, did you hear that? I think it’s a ghost”

“Wow, so mature” Changjo said sarcasm dripping of the three words he had said.

“I don’t talk to over sarcastic ghost bullies.”

Somewhere between the minor quarrel, Chunji slipped away to go get what he was looking for.

But that is also how L.joe ignored every word Changjo said. Honestly, he was offended by Changjo’s mean words. Effort to him was the only thing that counted.

Effort though, got him nowhere with that science test.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!” Shrieked Chunji. After walking into C.A.P’s room to find a mouse on the eldest’s bed gnawing on a piece of cheese, the boy twitched with fear and automatically let out one unmanly scream.

Feeling lazy, C.A.P slowly walked to his room where the scream was heard from. He was followed by Niel. “What’s wrong? Saw a ghost?”

“N-no, look at t-that!” Chunji pointed to the mouse and moved a bit so C.A.P could get a perfect view of the rodent.

Suddenly, C.A.P screamed and was out of his own door. Then the bathroom door was heard to have slammed shut and the sound of a lock locking.

“I’m sorry for disturbing you Mr. Mouse” Chunji slowly walked backwards, leaving the room.

 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

“What’s Nelly the Elephants middle name?” Niel asked everyone. All the club members were sprawled out around the room but they were all facing the middle so technically they still could see one another.

“Smelly” Ricky answered back.

“No, it’s ‘the’. Get it? Nellly THE Elephant”

“I’ve heard better jokes” C.A.P said. “Like: Knock knock”

“Who’s there?” L.joe seemed generally curious.

“Interrupting sheep”

“Interrupting-” The confused boy was stopped halfway through his sentence.

“baa”

Suddenly Chunji jumped up “I get it!” he started to giggle to himself when replaying the joke in his head. L.joe was the only one who wasn’t laughing. Instead he tried to work out the joke.

“HAHAHA” L.joe laughed out loud but everyone else had finished laughing.

“A bit late now” Niel said and patted L.joe’s back whilst shaking his head.

They were all waiting for their parents or someone to come pick them up. “My mum just said that she’s outside, waiting” Chunji said. He stood up and went around to each member. “Bye~ I’ll see you all tomorrow in school!” He waved at them all and walked out the door.

“When are the rest of you going?” C.A.P asked munching on a bag of crisps.

“My parents don’t mind when I come back home” Changjo casually said. He was staring at nothing in particular, the wall.

“My mum said she’d call when she’s nearby” Chimed Ricky, he occasionally took a crisp out of C.A.P’s packet and munched on it himself.

“I just realised it’s going to be so lonely when you all go” The frown on the eldest’s face made it seem like he was sad.

“aww” Niel said patting C.A.P head gently. “We’ll miss you too”

“I was joking. The amazing C.A.P does not get lonely” C.A.P pushed Niels hand away from his head.

“Liar, I’ve seen you on Thursdays” Changjo thought. C.A.P gets all lonely because no one else’s there. Well Changjo doesn’t always come into the clubroom; sometimes he just walks past and happens to hear C.A.P singing about how lonely he really is.

“Oh, my mum said that I have to walk back home so I should be leaving now” L.joe said looking up from his phone.

“Bye~” Ricky hugged L.joe.

“Bye, I’ll see you all tomorrow!” The short boy smiled and waved at everyone.

 

 

L.joe walked at a steady pace, he was in no rush to get home because luckily he had done all his homework that was due in for the next day. Suddenly he felt his phone vibrate from his coat pocket. “Who texted me?”

From: Unknown

Hey, do you have a free period tomorrow in school?

It took L.joe a while to remember the number that just messaged him was Changjos. “I forgot to save it...” He mumbled whilst walking down the street. L.joe bit his lip, thinking of what to save Changjo as on his phone. In the end he settled for just ‘Changjo :3’, this was because he thought that it would be weird if Changjo saw his name with a heart or something.

To: Changjo :3

Yeah, why?

 

From: Changjo :3

I was wondering if we, just us two, could like go out somewhere. Maybe for lunch or something.

 

From: Changjo :3

Basically a date.

L.joe stopped in his tracks and froze. He was shocked , clueless and an overwhelming feeling took over him as his smile grew bigger. Changjo asked him out. This was definitely the BEST day ever. Words couldn’t describe how happy he was.

From: Changjo :3

Also... I thought you didn’t talk to over-sarcastic ghosts.

 

To: Changjo :3

*silence*

The brunette imagined punching Changjo in the face. “I hate over-sarcastic ghosts but at the same time... I love them” A lady who heard L.joe gave him a weird look before turning to face a different direction. “Uh, sorry”

 

When L.joe stepped into his house, his mother smiled and asked “How was it?”

“Amazing” He breathed out. “Just amazing” L.joe sighed with a small grin on his face.

 

That night, the date was all he could think of.

 

________________________________________________________________________________

I have finally updated after months (i'm really sorry about that). I hope you guys like it :D 

Thank you all for supporting the story even though it's been quite some time :) I really do appreciate it!

^_^